IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1253 6 years ago

Aluminum tape? Did it catch fire? Conduct and turn into a heating element? W.T.F.

8 months later
#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

WTF? I might expect to see that on an older board, but a Rottendog? I know sometimes they use cheapy fuse clips that I’ve had to replace right out of the box because they snap, but I’ve never seen one blown out like that.

I actually think that's a relay.. And I can't tell if the relay shorted and fried, or the transistor under it did. Honestly, this may not be a fault of RD, but whomever had the game first, miswiring something.

1 year later
#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is that what the kids mean by swol ?

No, that's an "absolute unit" or a rubber.

1 month later
#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Not mine, but I'm pretty sure ti won't be the last. The fires here a unreal this year. Hundreds of homes lost, an unknown number of people so far, and we aren't even in to summer proper yet...

Friend lives down there, and I've been getting daily reports. It's.. fuckin' horrid.

1 month later
#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'm thinking I'll throw an Alltek in there

Put in a Weebly, not an Alltak.

8 months later
#2782 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Damn, man, destroyed a CV. I'm hurt....

A fricken' Sample game too.

7 months later
#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Williams Darling, Big Ben and Spacelab would like a word with you .

Hey, why all the hate on Big Ben?

I'm guessing ya'll don't like it just because you can't keep your balls from draining down the outlanes.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Had one for awhile, pretty to look at but not much to do.

True. But, IMHO, a good cool-down game. Y'know, after getting kicked in the ass by ACNC or another heavy, difficult game, sometimes it's nice to just .. score. And not have to worry about multiple shots to make in the next 5 seconds.

'Sides, once the game is cleaned up and plays fast.. it can still offer a challenge! photo_2021-06-19_21-42-51 (resized).jpgphoto_2021-06-19_21-42-51 (resized).jpg
I've put more time and money into this game than I will EVER see back, but I don't care. Not doin' it for an investment. And when I level it out and make it steep, I can't wait to have folks over and swear at it.

Sorry, OT. I'll shut up!

4 weeks later
#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

More a wtf than horror...
[quoted image]

Tilting mush have been an issue.

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

You don't store your spare pinballs there?

You know.. that's not a bad idea, now!

Quoted from ajfclark:

Making the ball tilt more or less sensitive? Rather than just changing the angle of the frame...

I have a feeling it makes it more sensitive. Have to lift the front of the cabinet less before the (MANY) balls roll back?

I am amused by that, frankly.

1 month later
#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Lack of parts was the most common reason way back when. Even with the proper tools a lot of people can't make good crimps on molex pins (no idea why, that).

And speed - game down, money loss. Get it back up and working ASA-freakin'-P.

1 year later
#4461 1 year ago

I dunno, that last one may be a fake. I don't think $tern made any EMs?

2 months later
#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Someone found this elsewhere online and shared it on Facebook. I just checked and was surprised I didn’t find it on here. More Ian damage in Ft. Myers, FL.
[quoted image]

HEY!
Free stop sign!

3 months later
#4843 9 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Where can you get a collector’s edition for $6k? I’ll take it

SPooky never releases 'collector's editions', even. Unless they're meaning a 'blood sucker's edition'.

1 month later
#4916 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I just can't imagine the discussion that the machine's designers had that resulted in those two posts and the rings being included in the design. I see it's factory, but why?

Long story short:
It was feared that having the pop bumpers like that would send a lot of balls down the left outlane. Turned out that it wasn't as much as feared. Posts were later removed. Some PF mfg'rs got updated CAD files and had the holes removed; others did not.

#4920 8 months ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but spotted this on the Pinball Enthusiasts FB page. 18 pins destroyed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This was f*cking painful to look at. Yikes.

2 months later
#5060 6 months ago

Owned a classic Mini Cooper ('72) back in the 2000s - I had more issues with the wiring than everything else. Engine starts to stutter and fail? Wiring. Steering wheel broke off? Wiring. It was horrid. By the time I sold that car, at least 90% of the harness was new.

3 weeks later
#5157 5 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Well…. That sucks. Now what
[quoted image][quoted image]

Soneone forgot to slap it and say, "That ain't goin' nowhere!"

#5163 5 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

It was a bad day, its on the path to recovery now though. Strap broke as I was going around a 90 deg corner.

Jeesus, sorry. That dawn of realization when turning the corner and you feel your vehicle shift unexpectedly.

3 weeks later
#5207 4 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$13,295 for a Stern Venom Pro... Only 48 easy payments of 276.99 if you purchase off of Amazon and use Affirm![quoted image]

I mean, that IS technically a 0% interest rate.

#5208 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Odd one to repair back to original, plus a couple of wire hacks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is damn impressive. Likely cheaper (back then) over buying a new power driver board.

#5213 4 months ago

Okay, that hurts.

#5216 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why does 48 easy payments not sound as harsh and 4 years of payments?

Heh. Same reason people think something priced $9.99 is so much better than $10.00 - all perception. Months are less than year. Nevermind the multiplication there. The only reason I could see this helping - IF YOU actually qualify for the 0% is someone with less-than-great credit. Assuming they can make the payments - after a year or so, that regular payment will help that credit score. Shrug.

4 weeks later
#5304 3 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I may try listing them on Pinside but I doubt there will be any interest.

List them on KLOV as well. Likely more bites there.

3 months later
#5471 7 days ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

At least it has good ventilation.

That knocker goes off though, and it's going to get embedded into the ceiling.

#5474 7 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Haha, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it hanging there!
Honestly, I wish I could leave it that way for the time being just for the potential hilarity of a rocket launch. But unfortunately I will have to resist that urge and remove that plunger until the game as a roof again. I could easily see it come right back down and either shatter my playfield glass too, or bounce its way back into the backbox and short something on the MPU.

That's an honest concern - it falling somewhere and breaking glass or shorting against the power board or transformer or something. But .. hell, it'd be cool to see how high it could go.

Quoted from frunch:

LOL, this is so true! I will always recall what brought me back into the hobby over 20 years ago: the Black Knight 2000 at a local arcade, and its ridiculously loud knocker! That thing scared the bejeezus out of me, I couldn’t believe *that* was how it let you know you won a free game. I loved it, and proceeded to come out to play partially because it was only $0.25 a game vs the more expensive AFM, Sopranos and TAF charging $0.50 a game, but also largely because I could hit the replay value consistently enough to get that sweet sweet KNOCK! I started paying closer attention to the other people around me when I saw the replay score threshold was getting close—I definitely saw some heads turn in surprise when that thing fired!

Six Flags in Georgia, back around 1990 had one that was the same - the very first time I played, it scared the hell out of me - and I had no idea (then, I was 14 years old) what that loud knock even was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.