IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#627 6 years ago

A little Novus and she'll be right as rain...

Sad, and trashed. Is Deluxe hand painted on that BG? I don't remember ever seeing an RFDE out in the wild.

#633 6 years ago

Definitely...someone grab that friggin thing. I like the operator conversion / or possible mock off explanations. I've seen some games before where operators combined games or did something funky with them. I once saw a CE3K head on a Hulk body....and even worse, the guy tried telling me that with the head and body being different, that made the game worth more. Yeah...worth throwing in a dumpster.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

That Was that a Haunted House....

Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

most certainly haunted !

Man...what a shame. RIP.

2 weeks later
#645 6 years ago

Ad said "backglass has some flaking".

#656 6 years ago

I had to.

Stern (resized).pngStern (resized).png

#658 6 years ago

Yup...good eye. BM66. From the cab thread...thought it would be fitting over here.

#660 6 years ago

Wow, what a shame.

2 weeks later
#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Going to keep them here forever and ever..

What a waste with them just sitting there...

1 week later
#689 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I don't think I have posted these yet...
Someone left Dolly out in the weather. She'll never get played again but her guts will live on in a Bally Star Trek scratch-built machine.

Mr & Mrs PacMan suffered the same fate. Most of the machinery there will end up in my KISS and EBD.

Why. Just, why? It's a players level Mystic that I would like to restore and play. Add wiring harness to the to-do list. Seriously, why? Is it easier to store without all the wire and connectors? Its not like they cut it off to sell it for anything but scrap!

Dolly just needs a little CP100....

Really, what a shame...those are some depressing pics. At least you're able to salvage some parts. And I do not understand why you ever see cut harnesses. No idea what people are thinking sometimes...or they are just clearly not.

#691 6 years ago

That thing is beyond dirty. Wow...what a shitshow. Good luck on the restore, and thanks for saving another one and hopefully getting it back into circulation. Is that brown fluid sticky?

This is one of those times where you lift the playfield and all you're thinking is "what...the...f@#$"?

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Do you really want him to touch it to find out?

Quoted from Lovef2k:

IDK what the gunk is inside, it is slightly sticky.

Looks like it would taste like cinnamon....or motor oil. Plate cleaned up nicely though, now for the rest of the game.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yeah I'm not going to taste that stuff lol. Just rip out and replace. Yes the plate came out well, I painted it with Rustoleum satin nickel and will hold up well. The transformer will be a challenge to clean up though.

Funny Vid... and I really didn't expect you to taste it. LOL. Can you use Evaporust on a transformer?

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Argh!!! Otherwise nice Gtb. Frontiersman I brought home from an auction Saturday.

I see the difference in paint tones/fade. What the hell did they have mounted there?

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

Looks like a lightswitch to power on and off the game.

That would fit the gaping hole in the side and plate would explain the paint preservation under...but I can honestly say I've never seen a pin with an actual lightswitch mounted anywhere.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sure, more doorbells than light switches, but you never know what you will find.
You should see the front of my TZ. Not just holes, but someone put a lock that takes those round keys and hooked it up for credits. I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

I've definitely seen a fair share of doorbells and odd "credit buttons." Had to remove one from my old GTB Spidey. The key for credits on your TZ just sounds funky....nothing that people do ever surprises me anymore. But a full size light switch tunneled through the side of a game? That is just ridiculous. He should have installed another service outlet through the side while he was at it.

1 week later
#727 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

This machine has clearly been sitting out side for at least a year, the playfield is faded from sun exposure. Mud dauber nests in the back box. I was pissed at driving over an hour for this mess.

Holy crap...that Tomcat was clearly on the losing end of that dogfight. Definitely a shame. Talk to me Goose...

1 week later
#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Who the hell knows! It is broken clean through. Going to be a chore to get it patched up and functioning again!
The little piece is cardboard someone glued in there to help at some point...lol

Luckily that wasn't listed on here for sale as HUO.

#748 6 years ago

Might be a troll...post didn't make sense, no games in collection, just looks like a ghost account since March.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

What is pissing me off is that guy is pretending that he was not the dumbass that destroyed this machine for $3 worth of scrap copper wire.
He says he wants $100. I actually have a bit of satisfaction when I open the back box and Zek's eye's bug out when he sees that he left the high grade circuit boards there (he did not know they were there) I can practically hear his thoughts: "Damnit there is $10 in scrap down the drain". Board set is all there and looks good. I give him his $100 load it up and tell him I would have paid $500 if it was not partially gutted. He looked like I kick him in the sack when I told him this. So his $3 in copper wire cost him $400.

What a sad and irritating story...glad that you mentioned the price he could have gotten if he just left it alone, and the proverbial kick in the sack that must have given him. At least you got some good parts out of it. If you did shoot a pic of the bottom of the PF, please post it. It will make me feel better about even the worst of projects I have sitting around.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

THANKS
The eproms have no labels on them.
Acid damage on cpu is unfixable, the board is trashed.
Looks like game plan rebranded this table a few times. Im at 4
Black velvet
Real and Camel cigarette
Foxy Lady

Whatever it is...it's a damn shame what they did to it. At least the rubbers look like they're still good

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This cabinet .... the horror, the horror...

They at least could have made the design symmetrical...

I gotta say, as bad as that is, at least they had the decency or courtesy to remove or cover the metal parts before they defiled the game (well, for the most part now that I saw the bottom of the coin door). I had a D&D before that had some spray paint on it, and they sprayed right over the coin door and legs with the "re-design".

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Any pictures of it after removing the shattered glass and cleaning some of the filth off?

What shattered glass? The guy said that was a mod

#798 6 years ago

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to install a credit button in the front of the cabinet, by gouging a monstrous hole in it.

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Is that Trident a recent pick up, The Australian release actually has the start button there, and a different front door, its a fun challenging game, especially with the right hand out lane.

Yeah, pretty recent. It is a challenging game, with pretty decent artwork. A lot of colors. It was actually one of the first games that I got years ago when I got into the hobby, but sold it after a few months to move up to an alpha numeric. Interesting that the one produced down under is different.

#832 6 years ago

That pile is just a shame. Made me nauseous just to look at it. What a waste....so many great titles in there

#844 6 years ago

Plastics are a little warped on the Space Ship I picked up. Hopefully this one goes from mold to gold too. Cool game and rare.

IMG_1656 (resized).JPGIMG_1656 (resized).JPG

IMG_1659 (resized).JPGIMG_1659 (resized).JPG

IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG

IMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1665 (resized).JPG

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

OMG!!! Am I crazy to think that pile would be so fun to go through and organize. I know there's probably a lot of nasty in there too but wow, theres a lot of treasure too.

I would definitely spend a weekend going through that. Probably some hidden gems in there, especially the stuff indoors.

Quoted from matt_adams:

I took that photo in April. I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

OMG again. Haunted House, EBDLE, Fire, Taxi...looks like a Catacomb? I'll jump on a plane and cross the pond to help you go through it.

1 week later
#914 6 years ago

^^^ I second that. For one, eBay as a price guide? Never. For two, any DE game worth $4k? Rarely, with the exception of SW and GNR. If JP is a $4k game, then my very cherry BF is worth $7k (DE became Sega, and so on).

1 week later
#954 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Found this today whilst browsing the Pinside classified archives
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/24920

Ummm......the side and top plastics look decent. Game looks like a total shit show.

1 week later
#958 6 years ago

^^^ Drop targets and plastics look like they're in good shape. Just needs a playfield.

1 month later
#1128 6 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

X-trem patina for this KISS...
Someone tried to turn it into a coffee table.

The top plastics are slightly warped on mine. I wonder if they would just sell me the plastics off of that mess they created. What a shame.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was invited to make an offer on this a couple days back. I declined.

Come on Levi!! Seems like you're always up for a challenge. A little Novus, a hazmat suit and about 500 gallons of CP 100 and that thing will be right as rain.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Definitely looks like it was in proximity to a fire, ash and probably some smoldering embers burned the playfield.

And it has the beer cap mod above the burned inserts. Did the seller say "it wasn't in a fire... ok ok ok ok ok ok"?

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’m still crazy. I’d have gave him the $400 for it lol. But I can totally understand why someone else wouldn’t.

I'd pay $400 for that too...just because it looks complete and salvageable, and deserves to be brought back to life. The G.I. is lighting, so there's some life in it even in that condition. The boards might be nice. Just needs a fuse

Even so, an LW3 project for 400 bucks sounds good to me. Tell him I'll come up and take it if the other guy doesn't.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

kind of reasonable? Knowing DE games, it needs a power supply replaced and a huge cleaning, and then the impossibility of fixing that playfield and swapping it. Definitely not worth it to me any more, but not completely insane... although finding a playfield might be sort of difficult.

LW3 these days commonly sells for $900 to $1500. And why would the playfield have to be swapped? Playfields can be repaired. Sure it wouldn't be collectors quality, but just to make it a players game, it would be feasible to have a decal made for the burnt portion of the playfield, which could easily be done with a simple scan of a perfect PF.

1 month later
#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Good Lord! Is that in an abandoned house? Maybe a Crack-House? Look at the condition of the room. And apparently there's no lighting in there as well.
... nah, not sketch at all.

Yeah, that looks pretty gross. I've arrived at houses in that condition to look at a game, and opted not even to make it through the front door. If someone goes, bring a hazmat suit and some Doc Martens.

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Williams puck bowler remnant...I know not a pin, but maybe it can get a participation ribbon

A couple brackets and a couple screws and it will be perfect.

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Follow up on Tradewinds- Asked seller when the last time it was played, got the "no idea, never plugged it in" answer.

I've gotten that answer quite a few times, gotta love it. As if somebody had something that plugs in and takes up that much space for that long...and never even tried it.

#1194 6 years ago

Came across this little gem earlier. I don't get a title that says "all salvageable parts removed". I see a ton of wireforms, PF parts, display, lamp boards, etc. that were destroyed for no good reason...even the cabinet. What d-bags, and what a waste. The whole game actually looked easily salvageable to me.

#1204 6 years ago

RIP. It had a long life.

2 weeks later
#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...and this one is the reason why people need to post shooter lanes in the For Sale ads
This TAF just showed up on a Pinball for sale thread on Facebook:
"Adam's family
Seller states. Ball won't kick up, tried to do a repair and think a fuse went bad, used aluminum tape on the ball track and that worked for a while then it burned up. Can be seen in photos. Playfield rubbers etc very poorly kept. No further testing was done. Also, power switch has been disabled/removed from bottom of machine."

That is a total shame, especially on a TAF. Horrible.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from F348:

A....let's be honest....dead White Water

Get me a bottle of Novus (or 30), and my tool box! (and some wood for a new cab, a repro PF, some new ramps, a ton of coils, some mechs, some wire, a coin door, new boards, Molex connectors, new legs, a repro plastic set, etc..........)

Speaker panel and apron look salvageable.

#1262 6 years ago

On second glance, the ramps look pretty salvageable too...might clean up nice. Wireform could be saved or powdercoated. Still an absolute mess the way it sits now, and a damn shame.

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just saw on one of the facebook groups that someone put a R911 on the street to throw away, and someone else rescued it before the garbage truck came for it.

Ironic.

Alice (resized).jpgAlice (resized).jpg

#1270 6 years ago

It looks like the Monte Carlo has some playfield wear...I'll take a ride to save both games if they're free and still sitting there. Cab looks pretty nice on the Royal Flush.

I'd only have to tresspass for 20 minutes to get them both loaded.

3 months later
#1329 6 years ago

Hey... you looking for an accomp- I mean road trip partner?
Nothing more noble than saving old pins!

Finally back after having to take a break for some surgery and being laid up. What a mess.

ForceFlow actually sent me some more info on the warehouse. If I could confirm they are still there, we could definitely take a ride. Nothing like a little breaking and entering to save some pins.

1 month later
#1357 5 years ago

Man, how could somebody let that happen to a BK2000?

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mirco is making BK2K playfield.

Both playfields?

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

I looks alot more like a game that went through a flood up over the PF to me...
Sean

That was my take. It even looks like there is some moisture damage on the light panel in the backbox (swelling around lamp sockets on lower half).

I’d still take it just in case it could be saved. Although as jmount said, not an easy glass to find. Just ask this guy that had his backglass-less game at Pinfest.

85078F2B-C02A-4B99-B8B5-396719FDBE49 (resized).jpeg85078F2B-C02A-4B99-B8B5-396719FDBE49 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not sure what happened with this board. Found it in a mixed box of other boards.[quoted image]

WTF? I might expect to see that on an older board, but a Rottendog? I know sometimes they use cheapy fuse clips that I’ve had to replace right out of the box because they snap, but I’ve never seen one blown out like that.

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Restoration started on Gorgar. Speaker replaced: Check.

1 month later
#1393 5 years ago

Found this in a box of boards I grabbed. Some more fabulous board artistry...

“You don’t have to remove a cap and replace it...you can solder a new one right next to it bro!”

“And screw resistors...let’s just tap some transistors in...um....here and here.”

887B4B2B-175C-4F61-BFFE-8D685DFD460F (resized).jpeg887B4B2B-175C-4F61-BFFE-8D685DFD460F (resized).jpeg9A655951-9DF6-4471-8A65-80A1FA0BBD63 (resized).jpeg9A655951-9DF6-4471-8A65-80A1FA0BBD63 (resized).jpeg

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

another case of "I don't know how its supposed to be so I'll yell its wrong so I look smart"

What are you talking about dude? This board did not leave the factory like that. And I’m assuming the game worked perfectly fine when it was sold NIB.

And I’m sure you believe that jumper wire from the transistor to the back of the board is how it’s supposed to be as well.

#1400 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

the transistors were hung like that. The jumper was added. The board is a mess, but the transistors are not part of the issue.

Either way, this PSB did not leave the factory with those transistors in place. They were added, so it’s a hack, “improvised repair” or modification.

And your comments that I “don’t know how it’s supposed to be” and “I’ll yell it’s wrong so I look smart” are condescending and unnecessary.

I have my collection history listed here, at least a good portion of games I’ve owned, unlike you. Take a look. I have owned over 10 System 1 games and have repaired several others, and I have never seen this on a power supply in one of them. So in my experience, my comments were appropriate.

No need to be derogatory towards other members in this thread. Keep that crap in the clown puke thread where all the other curmudgeons hang out.

You’ve agreed the board is a mess, and that is the purpose of this thread.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

mister I have experience and know all.

I never said I know it all, I said in my experience. And if that’s the case as you and ForceFlow posted, then I stand corrected and learned something.

That doesn’t change the fact that the way you post on here is condescending and rude. Lighten up man...it’s a friggin hobby.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If there isn't a extinguisher handy, that should probably be addressed. $15 at any hardware store.

Always have one handy in the game room. You never know...

49702687-CCBE-46F7-88DF-6CB438C073FD (resized).jpeg49702687-CCBE-46F7-88DF-6CB438C073FD (resized).jpeg
#1430 5 years ago

Off-topic, but nice Halloween corner!

Thanks and definitely. It’s that time of year!! My daughter’s fav holiday.

5745F904-ED10-4A1D-A40A-631B2605332A (resized).jpeg5745F904-ED10-4A1D-A40A-631B2605332A (resized).jpeg
#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Came across this barn fine.. Didn’t buy it though.. lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A little Novus, about 20 gallons of CP100 and about 40 hours of cleaning she might be ok

Beehive looks ok, at least the one on the shooter housing. Man, what a shame.

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The bottom edge is completely shot.

You probably have an extra glass in storage somewhere, right?

1 week later
#1444 5 years ago

^^ Kudos on saving what you did.

Playfield doesn’t look horrendous. Was it outside and rained on / exposed to the elements? Looks like the plastics and some other parts might be salvageable if the bottom and mechs are all rusted out.

1 week later
#1450 5 years ago

^^^ Was waiting for that. My buddy sent me this yesterday, I was laughing my ass off for 5 minutes straight. For those who didn’t see it, just scroll down through the “Captions” chrono under the “Description” section.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1151792/Stern-Pinball-announces-The-Beatles-pinball

1 week later
#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I saw this on FB here locally. You can almost smell it through the picture.
[quoted image]

I’ll take the boards out of it for mine sitting out in the garage!! Bought it for my nephew...a year ago. Guy said it worked, and he was FOS. PSB was crapped out.

It actually has a real screened BG, so I would grab that one out there just to hang that on the wall.
6DAAF410-27C6-4F79-A24B-3250FA2CF85C (resized).jpeg6DAAF410-27C6-4F79-A24B-3250FA2CF85C (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1476 5 years ago

I’ve also had tempered glass with chips in it before. It can happen.

1 month later
#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I always replace legs/levelers with a handy stool from Ikea and a trusty 4x4 for extra height when needed. Lift while standing, nudge the stool/4x4 in, wam, bam, done.

In my experience, stools are just an accident waiting to happen.

I get these at Lowe’s, the best $18 you’ll ever spend for a set of two. Each one can hold up to 800 pounds, no risk of tipping. When people come to buy games or I pick one up, they always like the idea and I frequently just tell them to take one and I buy more. I think I’ve given away about 20 of them to Pinsiders in the last few years.

EC1C778F-F798-4AD9-86ED-1960E0E7003C (resized).jpegEC1C778F-F798-4AD9-86ED-1960E0E7003C (resized).jpegB61D3A3E-9BAB-4A85-A3A1-3B57D0FF8060 (resized).jpegB61D3A3E-9BAB-4A85-A3A1-3B57D0FF8060 (resized).jpeg

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on ebay near Atlanta, they want $2000 for it. Can't decide if the coin door's been shot or had a pick axe taken to it.

Well the ad said playfield only has minimal wear, so at least that was accurate.

As for the coin door, that was definitely a shotgun (or a bow and arrow)

#1523 5 years ago

I’ve seen this a few times... the light switch hack is so weird. It’s only like 4 inches from the stock position?? What’s the point?

Personally, I like installing the Clapper on my pins. Clap on...clap off.

You just have to make sure you don’t clap in celebration in the middle of a killer game.

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There is no "stock switch" on that era of Bally flipper game.

My Joust doesn’t have a stock switch either. Just some weird button underneath the cabinet that apparently does nothing.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those horses look nice, but they look difficult to maneuver while also holding the game up.

Not at all. Obviously easier if one person holds the game up and another one slides the horse under the back legs. But it’s also simple to hold the game up with one hand and/or your knee briefly and slide it into place with your other hand or foot.

You’re really only holding the game up for a few seconds. I’ve seen old-school guys and operators that hold the damn game on their knee the entire time they are bolting in or unbolting the legs.

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've done it by myself. Set up the sawhorse next to the game, lift up the game, kick the sawhorse under the game and center it, then lower the game.

Didn’t I give you one? I thought I did. Likewise, I’ve done it about 200 times. Easy as cake.

1 week later
#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Just picked up a Gottlieb Flying Carpet - looks like the transformer was replaced (for some reason)
and they didn't have any electrical tape. Fiber tape to the rescue!

1 month later
#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

This windows is facing south, all the paint is peeling off. I'll try to make another picture with no reflection next time.

I’d buy that Mephisto glass too!! Ask him if he wants to sell it? I’ll pay you a finders fee and to package it up!

1 week later
#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

There is a fathom in there! Depressing.

And an HH, Xenon, Spectrum and a damn Spirit. All great games. Man, that is depressing.

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

I've finally talked to the owner. The backglasses will stay there forever: there is wall just behind this windows. No access from the inside.

Damn that sucks. What a waste. All hope is not lost. Tell him I’ll be over with a jackhammer...or maybe a rock hammer.

BD662A22-9A1A-44B0-828A-C6CDBDEC1F7E (resized).jpegBD662A22-9A1A-44B0-828A-C6CDBDEC1F7E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Speaking of screws...

Man...right through the playfield. I never understood that..people do realize that screws come in different lengths right?

2 months later
#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It will buff out.

Quoted from dasvis:

I see a 5" Gottlieb bell in that cab. Gotta be more usable stuff in there.

Apron actually looks like it held up pretty well too, considering the condition of the game and no PF glass.

1 week later
#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Check out post 3825 in that thread. This Frankenstein and others in the room are there.

This was mine and how that game should be done.

B6EF0DE2-319A-4ED0-9B33-DF6DF51CA159 (resized).jpegB6EF0DE2-319A-4ED0-9B33-DF6DF51CA159 (resized).jpeg
#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm staying out of this one Ha Ha Ha Ha.

It’s all good. Mitch customarily downvotes my posts. I’ve decided to take a break from engaging people on here. It’s not worth the energy.

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Downvote just means I dont agree.

I gotcha. I don’t need to turn off the voting system, and I know you don’t like colored GI from the other thread. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Thanks for the input.

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

AC/DC and Stern Star Wars have color changing GI from the factory. It still looks like crap.

I have your back on this one and the colored GI. Couldn't agree more.

You guys are making it real tough for me not to engage.

But honestly, give me a break. I had two blue bulbs under the ball return plastics, and one blue LED strip mounted under the backbox. The rest is cool white. His game is “puked” and you can’t even see the art, mine was not.

I guess the color display on mine was disgusting as well.

8C80648B-8F9C-48B8-B15B-77D86C7BE0D9 (resized).jpeg8C80648B-8F9C-48B8-B15B-77D86C7BE0D9 (resized).jpegBCE15F0B-39BE-43F8-9391-4744FB2A32BC (resized).jpegBCE15F0B-39BE-43F8-9391-4744FB2A32BC (resized).jpeg
#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know what happened between thosr 2 pics, but that bottom pic is beautiful !!

The first pic was the other guy’s game from above that I just reposted so it could be contrasted with my Frank (bottom pic). Thanks Craig.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Even on EM machines. They are cheap, last for a much greater time, generate more light, less heat, and use less energy.

Absolute blasphemy that I have two red bulbs in the center of my Vampire. Totally ruins the game and it’s now unplayable. I’m going home to remove them immediately.

Let’s all just get along.
413AF633-4997-4EE9-AD03-BBA0F7D39C56 (resized).jpeg413AF633-4997-4EE9-AD03-BBA0F7D39C56 (resized).jpeg6B8A0CF0-B66A-4EC7-9D88-F75034EBE00F (resized).jpeg6B8A0CF0-B66A-4EC7-9D88-F75034EBE00F (resized).jpeg

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I use nothing but LED in my EM's, got tired of replacing Asian manufactured incandescent bulbs every few weeks.
Runs cooler, lasts longer and works great I'm all for it.

Yeah, I was iffy to use cool white in an EM game. But when I tried warm or sunlight LED’s the game started screaming and turning to ash.

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Damn, the leftover pickings looked pretty good to me!
Nice score.

Definitely. I saw a Superman in there. I could use a better apron for mine!

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

My soul has left my body.

Agreed. That Avatar and TSPP are pretty bad. I feel compelled to mail them a few bottles of Novus and CP100. (and maybe a backbox bulb for AC/DC)

4 months later
#2130 4 years ago

Another one left outside for Mother Nature to attack. And $775?

Maybe at least pull the leaves off the backglass before you take the pictures.
93A90F1B-8BC9-47AF-A628-25EE4BCE94A1 (resized).jpeg93A90F1B-8BC9-47AF-A628-25EE4BCE94A1 (resized).jpeg490CAABA-84D5-45BD-8D09-60BC21E61970 (resized).jpeg490CAABA-84D5-45BD-8D09-60BC21E61970 (resized).jpegB30505A1-8EE6-474C-AA00-9D985F19F6F8 (resized).jpegB30505A1-8EE6-474C-AA00-9D985F19F6F8 (resized).jpeg

9 months later
#2640 3 years ago

That’s definitely just a fuse.

9 months later
#3154 2 years ago

Does this count?

51FB4534-D285-4D9B-9150-59E9B72FDF77 (resized).jpeg51FB4534-D285-4D9B-9150-59E9B72FDF77 (resized).jpeg80D71CE6-B2A8-48C4-98A8-83C26A216956 (resized).jpeg80D71CE6-B2A8-48C4-98A8-83C26A216956 (resized).jpegDB832F41-C460-42AA-B944-535C8446F3A3 (resized).jpegDB832F41-C460-42AA-B944-535C8446F3A3 (resized).jpeg
#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Well, it's certainly horror, so yes! Is it your own creation?

Yeah man!! I rethemed a Jungle Lord.

Working on the playfields right now, and the backglass should be done in the next month or so... hopefully. Have someone making five of them. Real backglass...no translites here.

Here’s my retheme / build thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-jc-retheme-this-is-gonna-be-killer

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

I was curious about that. I have a few Bally’s with this type of “glass in frame”, were all of these supposed to be tempered from the factory? Some glass appears wavy if you get down eye level and look across with the lock down bar area, thanks for any updates. I assumed they were all tempered but maybe not?

The Bally playfield glass mounted in the frame, mostly on EM’s, was tempered out of the factory. But keep in mind if you replace it, it is a different size than standard PF glass.

Marco carries it. I believe it’s 41.5 inches, compared with standard at 43.

#3228 2 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I had a guy contact me to see if I’d be interested in his “big top” pinball machine. He sent a picture. No thanks, I’ll pass.

Quoted from PinballAir:

That title is almost worthless.
And, I can smell it here in MA!

Quoted from play_pinball:

Big Top only has one pop and it’s an older style. Wico’s only commercial game Af-Tor came out a several years later and had the plastic pop rings. Nothing of value on that gnarly Big Top.

I actually still have a very nice one that I restored for my daughter when she was younger. Picked it up as a total shit show. It’s a fun game for kids, and costs next to nothing.

I even powdercoated the legs, which is probably half of what the machine is worth.

I’m absolutely certain no one else on all of Pinside can say they have a restored Wico Big Top. LOL.

036991F8-7D64-4C7D-AF65-BD352804903A (resized).jpeg036991F8-7D64-4C7D-AF65-BD352804903A (resized).jpegECDEF66F-2CD0-4D44-8C9F-E3C796994C0E (resized).jpegECDEF66F-2CD0-4D44-8C9F-E3C796994C0E (resized).jpegF6073E7D-654F-4192-B0DD-8AACCF0050ED (resized).jpegF6073E7D-654F-4192-B0DD-8AACCF0050ED (resized).jpeg
#3231 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Probably the best example on the planet! Didn't realise the playfield was so barren of things to hit... what's that actual strategy in this game?

You have to get in the subway beneath the top stand up, then lock the first two balls to get Bearded Lady multiball. You can stack modes to get to Greatest Showman on Earth Wizard mode.

Just kidding.

To hit the spinner, and mainly the stand ups to accumulate higher points. That’s about it. Like I said, it’s a good starter game for kids. And it’s only 3/4 size. Pretty much the same as the old home use Bally games.

#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This is out in the universe now. You have to build it.
It's kinda like when I mentioned to someone the limitations of a cocktail pin format and ways to work around it.... and now I'm building one...

Haha. We’ll see how I’m feeling after Halloween is done.

4 months later
#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

doesn't look Bally's orignal art...

Simple design, but is it wrong that I like that playfield?

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

This is my horror. It’s been restored but this is what it looked like when we picked it up.
[quoted image]

And a red cab JL too. Certainly the more attractive of the two versions.

1 year later
#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’ve owned a couple of EM pins that had a really big metal plate attached to the bottom of the cabinet. I guess people would try to kick in the bottom of the cab to remove the cash box.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some early solid states have the plate installed too. Gottlieb system 1 games do.

The Magic Castle I just picked up had those plates bolted into the goddamn cabinet. And they were heavy as shit.

And they were nice enough to move the toggle switch and drill it through the metal for access. It looked like they had just ripped the toggle switch out, wooden block and all.

Luckily I had a few parts laying around, and cut a new block. All repaired now.

59A69DAA-8E6F-44AD-890A-F9B9C9DE7003 (resized).jpeg59A69DAA-8E6F-44AD-890A-F9B9C9DE7003 (resized).jpegEBF86E1C-C37F-4708-91C0-DDB0064E1B73 (resized).jpegEBF86E1C-C37F-4708-91C0-DDB0064E1B73 (resized).jpeg91F21EEB-EC8D-48C4-A7FB-D7B3567FE454 (resized).jpeg91F21EEB-EC8D-48C4-A7FB-D7B3567FE454 (resized).jpeg85B52795-542C-425A-B5BD-7835AA689E4F (resized).jpeg85B52795-542C-425A-B5BD-7835AA689E4F (resized).jpegE734CA04-C85D-4494-AC7B-64A8C99DA3D2 (resized).jpegE734CA04-C85D-4494-AC7B-64A8C99DA3D2 (resized).jpeg7673E75A-A843-4E4F-A510-0F59AFE67DBF (resized).jpeg7673E75A-A843-4E4F-A510-0F59AFE67DBF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.