IMG_20240414_135819331.jpg
IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

That playfield glass was NOT tempered.

I was curious about that. I have a few Bally’s with this type of “glass in frame”, were all of these supposed to be tempered from the factory? Some glass appears wavy if you get down eye level and look across with the lock down bar area, thanks for any updates. I assumed they were all tempered but maybe not?

1 month later
#3264 2 years ago

Big Ben’s actually a fun game, I’ve had a couple nice examples over the years. I always enjoyed the simple yet open playfield and actually liked Big Ben better than Triple Action and Wild Card that I also had. Just wish Big Ben had a 100,000 light, (although it was difficult to rollover). The pop bumpers seemed so strong

#3268 2 years ago

Wow! That backglass looks actually good! I’ve always been amazed at that era Bally backglass how well they hold up. Wizard, Hi Deal, Odds & Evens, and a few more, yet Bally Champ didn’t hold up??

4 months later
#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

What's the spinner from? Looks Myan

That spinner is from a Williams Aztec, odd that was used as a replacement.

7 months later
#4118 1 year ago

Yeah too bad, however would have been worth getting the rare Q-Bert’s pop bumper caps and backglass in any condition. Also playfield plastics were probably good too. I came across a Gottlieb Black Hole one time that had been sitting on an open porch for years. It was really bad as well, but I basically saved a lot of parts. I just took the playfields out and some of the boards actually worked too. The cabinet was rotted, but surprisingly nice playfields, playfield glass, lockdown bar, etc…

#4120 1 year ago

Wow that backglass looks really good! Is that the one that was on the game? Nice save there

#4152 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Gottlieb's last EM's are "rare" but many are crappy players. But rarity makes them desirable to a certain group.

Actually, the last of the Gottlieb EM’s are the best players in my opinion. Games made after 1976 were very fast from the factory and the rare games were even better. EM’s such as Strange World, Cleopatra/Pyramid, Sinbad/Eye of the Tiger, Close Encounters, Hit The Deck, TKO/Knockout SS, Space Walk/Count Down SS, Volley, Jungle Queen/Jungle Princess, Vulcan/Fire Queen, Jet Spin/Super Spin, etc… all great games to me.

1 month later
#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't disagree with you. But way back in time, a lot of pins and arcades for sold for cheap.

Yes, anyone that’s been in this hobby a long time knows games once we’re very cheap and not very collectible. Pinball expo in Chicago once had a US Amusement Auction on the last day of the show, it was very interesting and fun to attend. In 1994 we brought some games to sell in the auction and most games went under $100. Ms. Pac-Man went for $80, Bally Supersonic $90, Gameplan Sharp Shooter $65, and a like new Premier Hollywood Heat, (which was only eight years old at the time), sold for $265. Bought a Bally Kiss at that time for less than $200.

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How much was the auction house's rake on that $100.00? Our local Friday night auction takes 35% of any sale.

There were other fees and taxes, but from what I remember it wasn’t all that much. Maybe 15% or less? Whatever it was, most all the games still went dirt cheap.

3 months later
#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Thank you for posting the Paragon nightmare. I've never seen anything like that before. Sad, repulsive, and interesting all at the very same time. You guys had some great jokes about it. Super funny. Yikes, $400!

Yes, but I feel Paragon is on the verge of being the next high-end Bally of that era, just like Fathom and Centaur. It’s easily the best wide-body the company produced by and has a huge following. I wouldn’t buy that one for $400, but just saying I see how people might want too.

6 months later
#4733 11 months ago

This talk about playfield glass is interesting where I’ve heard people say it just explodes while removing from a machine. As much as that sucks, I’ve been fortunate (knock on wood) to have never had or seen this happen. However, I’ve seen some people remove playfield glass where they’ve slid the glass down to where it’s just few inches or so left in the game to get a better grip and the glass is really bowed down for a moment. I’m thinking is this where or how it breaks??? I saw the unfortunate pics of the Pirates and looked like the glass left in the game was right there near the lockdown bar. I’m just curious if it does just explode what causes this?

#4736 11 months ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I've seen glass disintegrate when someone set it down on a concrete floor. oops.

Yes, I did have this happen to me one time when I was first getting into the hobby with one of my games, after that I’m always nervous when people set tempered glass down on the concrete floors. I couldn’t believe how this was constantly done at replay fx and they actually even had some explode like this! Yet the repair guys always stood the glass on end next to the game on the concrete floors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics?tu=Classics_Master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.