IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 110.
#4501 1 year ago

Not really horror, but an interesting hack, stolen from the Facebook Woodrail pinball group... Leaf switch broken, spare jig-saw blade... problem solved!

Screenshot_20230122-153545_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230122-153545_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Not really horror, but an interesting hack, stolen from the Facebook Woodrail pinball group... Leaf switch broken, spare jig-saw blade... problem solved![quoted image]

"Cutting" edge technology!

#4504 1 year ago

I saw what you did there.

#4505 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

"Cutting" edge technology!

Quoted from Neal_W:

I saw what you did there.

At least the person didn't use a file. That would be a "Bastard" move.

#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

At least the person didn't use a file. That would be a "Bastard" move.

Actually, I don't get that one...

#4507 1 year ago

google flat bastard . . .

Actually, I don't get that one...

#4509 1 year ago

Dirty Harry. Game in cellar was on when a hot water pipe burst. Steam caused some shorts between driver board and backbox back plate. Got the game cheap, managed to repair the boards
pallosalama (resized).jpgpallosalama (resized).jpg

Dot matrix controller board also slightly suffered from shorts to backplane...
dot matrix power (resized).jpgdot matrix power (resized).jpg

#4510 1 year ago

Us 7th graders had a good time when we were told the file we had in our hands was a bastard file. We also had a good time when we learned that electrical plugs and sockets were male and female

#4511 1 year ago

Really, nobody mentioned that it should be a hacksaw blade?

"Hack"saw blade?

In a post about hacks?

#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

"Hack"saw blade?

In a post about hacks?

Good one!

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Really, nobody mentioned that it should be a hacksaw blade?
"Hack"saw blade?
In a post about hacks?

Actually, that's a saber saw blade.

#4515 1 year ago

Super Star fresh from the barn.

9760 (resized).jpeg9760 (resized).jpeg

#4516 1 year ago

Parts is parts.

9759 (resized).jpeg9759 (resized).jpeg
#4517 1 year ago

"Show the weird place your ball got stuck "

20230123_100541 (resized).jpg20230123_100541 (resized).jpg
#4518 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

"Show the weird place your ball got stuck "

Weird that nobody seemed to get it "unstuck", and left it as it was??

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

It was down near the outhole when I loaded the hulk but after a couple potholes at highway speed - Viola! there it was upon arrival at home.

#4520 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

It was down near the outhole when I loaded the hulk but after a couple potholes at highway speed - Viola! there it was upon arrival at home.

Wow! Had to be one helluva pothole!!

#4521 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Parts is parts.
[quoted image]

The spring on that shooter rod looks rusty.

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

That’s how games end up neglected in a barn for three decades. “The ball is stuck.”
“Welp, that’s it for that.”

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Super Star fresh from the barn.

What I want to know us how the flaked paint from the backglass ended up laid out on the playfield glass... it would have had to have passed through the backglass glass!!

#4524 1 year ago

What I want to know us how the flaked paint from the backglass ended up layer out on the playfield glass... it would have had to have passed through the backglass glass!!

In the second picture, taken before the first, the backglass was paint side down on the pf glass.

#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

In the second picture, taken before the first, the backglass was paint side down on the pf glass.

A ha... that'll do it... very strange that someone would take the glass out, turn it round, then place it on a strip of wood on the playfield... odd preservation technique...

#4526 1 year ago

A ha... that'll do it... very strange that someone would take the glass out, turn it round, then place it on a strip of wood on the playfield... odd preservation technique...

And an even stranger technique... leave it all out in the rain... er.. Oregon Liquid Sunshine!

#4527 1 year ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

And an even stranger technique... leave it all out in the rain... er.. Oregon Liquid Sunshine!

Maybe that's why they put it paint-side down so the rain wouldn't damage the paint...

#4528 1 year ago

1940 Bally "Dandy" Fuse bank. Not sure of their AMP ratings...

PXL_20230125_030208634 (resized).jpgPXL_20230125_030208634 (resized).jpg
#4529 1 year ago
Quoted from packie1:

1940 Bally "Dandy" Fuse bank. Not sure of their AMP ratings...
[quoted image]

Now you good to go using your 50-amp car charger circuit!

#4530 1 year ago

Not sure why so many down votes.

Students are able to take out loans in excess of tuition - they stay on campus until the final disbursement then stop showing up to classes. This was (probably still is) a very popular scam for gangs and the drug trade. Fortunately, it can only be done once and the moment you catch a felony the Stafford loans go bye bye.

Though not pinball horror, still horrible.

#4531 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Probably the reason for the down votes was the comment about Biden. Whether you like him or not, this is not the forum to be making political comments.

#4532 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Probably the reason for the down votes was the comment about Biden. Whether you like him or not, this is not the forum to be making political comments.

Doh, I must've glossed over that. Oh well.

#4533 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Students are able to take out loans in excess of tuition - they stay on campus until the final disbursement then stop showing up to classes. This was (probably still is) a very popular scam for gangs and the drug trade. Fortunately, it can only be done once and the moment you catch a felony the Stafford loans go bye bye.
Though not pinball horror, still horrible.

How is this a scam, aren’t you still obligated to pay the loan back? Maybe I missed something and I can let my sister know her loans are forgiven! Lol.

Personally, I went to work instead, found a job that pays for college, and have money in the bank and no loan debt. That’s why I am drowning in pinball

#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How is this a scam, aren’t you still obligated to pay the loan back? Maybe I missed something and I can let my sister know her loans are forgiven! Lol.
Personally, I went to work instead, found a job that pays for college, and have money in the bank and no loan debt. That’s why I am drowning in pinball

I will say, and this is a wild ass guess, that the schools are not all that good at teaching kids what they need to have to go through life. When I was in 2nd grade we played "store". We had play money. We bough items, We made change. etc. I learned about interest rates with my 4% passbook savings account; That is too little training for this economy. Today, IMO, these kids need to be playing "Credit Card" and learn how 30% interest rates will kick them in the butt. These kids need to leave high school understanding how loans are structured and what the payback schedules look like.

But the graduate, get kicked into the real world, where it is drilled in that they need secondary education. Sadly, when they work to get enrolled in college the councilors will show them all of the ways to finance that education. However, the councilors are defacto salesmen and will only talk up the positive.

My girlfriend and her daughter went through this exercise a few years ago. The daughter comes home with all of this ya ya stuff from the colleges, such as out of state tuition. Judy sat down and ran the numbers and said "you can to to state college 5 miles from home". The daughter finished college with no debt.

Short answer, it is a lack of education. Actually, the kids need to be taught to think like crooks because every third person you meet is trying to crook you out of your money. All IMO.

#4535 1 year ago

Scofflaws don't care... but yes, for most of us we would fear the severe financial consequences.

The only way this would work for pinball would be a medical, dental, or pharmacy student blowing their wad on pinball instead of rent for the year.

#4536 1 year ago

Terrible score but I won! Horror pic for the other guy.

20230131_203908 (resized).jpg20230131_203908 (resized).jpg
#4538 1 year ago

You kick his ass! Such a great back glass.

#4539 1 year ago

Speaking of these types of horrors my free ball is at 2k points!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

682C70FD-9E9E-4201-B68F-DF300A645646 (resized).jpeg682C70FD-9E9E-4201-B68F-DF300A645646 (resized).jpeg
#4540 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I like the way you have that back glass lit up. S & S is a a tough pin to play.

#4541 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from cottonm4:

I like the way you have that back glass lit up. S & S is a a tough pin to play.

Crabtowne USA in Glenn Burnie Md. This was from the weekly Tuesday 7:30 knock out tournament so the game counted.

#4542 1 year ago

Crabtowne USA in Glenn Burnie Md. This was from the weekly Tuesday 7:30 knock out tournament so the game counted.

Been there! Visited Crabtowne for a Tuesday tournament and have lost by a handful of points too many times.

I recall one time getting a tie score on an EM in a tourney (Gottlieb Funland). Fortunately the tournament director had us replay the game and I won the second attempt.

#4543 1 year ago

My nephew is into urban exploring. He came across these the other day.

He got some cool shots of them.

065C1B65-0295-48C8-887D-BAF7C735252C (resized).jpeg065C1B65-0295-48C8-887D-BAF7C735252C (resized).jpeg3116F464-6061-4560-8FFC-1C6933CB1A9E (resized).jpeg3116F464-6061-4560-8FFC-1C6933CB1A9E (resized).jpeg7538B4B7-B875-4393-AABE-62CE02EE20FA (resized).jpeg7538B4B7-B875-4393-AABE-62CE02EE20FA (resized).jpeg
#4544 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's what they looked like a few years back:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

In an abandoned factory in Ohio that closed in 1992:
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
Found in this video from October 2017:

#4545 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's what they looked like a few years back:

Wow, ill have to send him those. Crazy that they are as "good of shape" they are considering.

1 week later
#4546 1 year ago
Screenshot_2023-02-17-20-40-11-64_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-17-20-40-11-64_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-17-20-40-11-64_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-17-20-40-11-64_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
#4547 1 year ago

The ONLY reason I would give that at least a tiny amount of "benefit of the doubt" or "a pass" is because it MAY have come from a trashed cabinet. In that case, at least it's a way to preserve a playfield for potential future restoration rather than sitting out on a shelf in a barn or worse.

Now - if they trashed a game to make that table, may the deity of your choice have mercy on their soul.

#4548 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My post must never have sent. I figured out where that was and was going to go save them. Ended up passing in the end, shame. I had sincerely hoped someone had already grabbed them.

In the future if someone comes across an abandoned building with pins, feel free to tag me, I’ll make a point to go get them. It’s better than letting them rot like that... just sad. I’ve saved a few games from abandoned places, but those would have been the best so far!

#4549 1 year ago

My post must never have sent. I figured out where that was and was going to go save them. Ended up passing in the end, shame. I had sincerely hoped someone had already grabbed them.
In the future if someone comes across an abandoned building with pins, feel free to tag me, I’ll make a point to go get them. It’s better than letting them rot like that... just sad. I’ve saved a few games from abandoned places, but those would have been the best so far!

They should revise the urbex code to "Take nothing but pictures and pinball machines. Leave nothing but footprints."

#4550 1 year ago
Quoted from koen12344:

They should revise the urbex code to "Take nothing but pictures and pinball machines. Leave nothing but footprints."

I make sure to contact the building/property owners to ensure it’s at least legal. Sometimes you get lucky. I know the Urbex code, but believe that sometimes preserving history (and kickass games) supersedes the code! Besides the only thing that will happen is vandals will make it worse

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.