IMG_20240414_135819331.jpg
IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
There are 5,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 110.
#4451 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Alot of people would agree that it doesn't really matter where the money from a student loan was used, since the money to pay for SCHOOL had to come from somewhere that the student was obligated and authorized to use. Its not a cash accounting process, its an accrual, so if the student qualifies for a student loan, but they pay for the tuition from their savings account, it doesn't really affect anything if they take their student loan check and buy a truckload of bubble gum with it.
The real question might be "How can a student with THOUSANDS of $$ of extra money get approved for a student loan?" Seems like qualifying for a student loan a bit more accurately based on true need might be a better question....

Um.. cash or accrual basis doesn't really matter. What matters is if you don't have to pay back the loan.

#4452 1 year ago

I wonder how many kids go through high school and are not taught the basics of finance. Such as return of principal and interest rates? I have been out of school a long time and financing arrangements were never taught back then unless you bought a car that the dealer arranged the financing for you at bend-over terms. But credit cards were a huge rarity back then, so maybe there was no need to teach finance to the kids. Hell, they are not even taught how to make change for a dollar anymore.

Credit cards are everywhere today. But the only teachers on how to use a credit card are the credit card companies themselves.

And then little Honor Roll Johnny checks in for college and does not know squat. But the counselors are there to help out and help him sign on the dotted line, for counselors also have another function. They are there to sell school products which might mean sell you classes you don't need.

And don't get me started on Corinthian Colleges and the trash CC was selling to the kids. One party knew better. The other party was clueless---and I would hazard a guess---taken advantage of.

#4453 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

By definition if you are taking out a loan and paying interest on a $20k toy I would not use the term "afford"

With those terms, you can’t afford not to buy!

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But 3 year financing on a pinball machine is out there.

2024 Pinside ad: “HUO TBL, just take over the payments, only 29 months left!”

#4455 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I wonder how many kids go through high school and are not taught the basics of finance.

Almost all of them and this push for cashless society is by design.

Cash in your hand is an easy concept to grasp: I worked "x" amount of hours and now I have a pile of green in my hands.

People now have direct deposit and debit cards. They never see "a check" to cash nor are they really aware of what the numbers on the screen represent. All they know is at the end of the week the debit card stopped working because they fail to keep track of bank balance.

Rinse and repeat.

#4456 1 year ago

Champion Grub. The after pic isn’t appropriate for the horror pics thread.

970CAD05-9862-48A1-9166-285E77854ACA (resized).jpeg970CAD05-9862-48A1-9166-285E77854ACA (resized).jpeg
#4459 1 year ago

There are two fix me uppers

#4460 1 year ago

They just need a fuse.

#4461 1 year ago

I dunno, that last one may be a fake. I don't think $tern made any EMs?

#4462 1 year ago

It's a shame to see those games further deteriorated. Photos and videos popped up a few years ago here's what they looked like then:

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a shame to see those games further deteriorated. Photos and videos popped up a few years ago here's what they looked like then:

That really sucks. They looked restorable in the video. Now they look like parts games.

#4464 1 year ago

That’s a real bummer, I had that on my list of abandoned places with a pinball machine that I should pick up.
Sad, I had forgotten about it!
I should get back to work on the list

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Gottlieb System 80B horror, or so I initially thought. Fortunately, it was repaired which brought the whole game back to life. The game has since left me and gone to an arcade in Canada, living a happy, reliable life with all the original serial number matching boards ever since. ChrisHibler should remember fixing this for me.
[quoted image]

Add another upvote for the ironically-named ni-cad battery. Circuit Guard, indeed..

Richard

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Add another upvote for the ironically-named ni-cad battery. Circuit Guard, indeed..
Richard

Considering it is dated 1987 it has done it's job and then some.

#4467 1 year ago

Horrible, but there's still something artsy about that first pic.

#4468 1 year ago

I picked up an averts quest over the summer. It was a flood game and in bad shape. It’s slated for 2023 restore.

2C8D2DEF-994F-444D-853E-88542ACCDE12 (resized).jpeg2C8D2DEF-994F-444D-853E-88542ACCDE12 (resized).jpeg072C4ED3-5818-4C6B-80A0-D1E875C93152 (resized).jpeg072C4ED3-5818-4C6B-80A0-D1E875C93152 (resized).jpeg
#4469 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I picked up an averts quest over the summer. It was a flood game and in bad shape. It’s slated for 2023 restore.[quoted image][quoted image]

Was it this one?

Quoted from tomdrum:

Went to an auction today, 90 miles round trip. Selling a Bally Star Trek and Gottlieb Qbert's Quest which is a rare widebody. I was expecting parts machines till I got there. This was the picture from the listing:
[quoted image]

I had called them eagerly trying to score it! Nice job. Just got to play one at Galloping Ghost last week. What a neat game!!

#4470 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I picked up an averts quest over the summer. It was a flood game and in bad shape. It’s slated for 2023 restore.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Ambitious project to restore that one, but worth it due to rarity, for sure.

Richard

#4471 1 year ago

It's Been a Hard Day's Night!

PXL_20230112_194926833 (resized).jpgPXL_20230112_194926833 (resized).jpg
#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

[quoted image]

Aww. Is that all dirt, or missing paint?

#4473 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Aww. Is that all dirt, or missing paint?

Rubber residue. Such a shame

#4474 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Rubber residue. Such a shame

Can it be cleaned off and have a nice play field underneath?

#4475 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

On route game ?

#4476 1 year ago

Holy cow....that game is not that old to look that bad.

#4477 1 year ago

Yes at The Rec Room south Edmonton. One bank of drops don't work amongst other things..

#4478 1 year ago
spring-break-engraved (resized).jpgspring-break-engraved (resized).jpg
#4479 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

[quoted image]

nice flipper rubber

#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Yes at The Rec Room south Edmonton. One bank of drops don't work amongst other things..

how many games have been played on it ?

#4481 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

how many games have been played on it ?

Couldn't tell ya. It's on location and I made the mistake of putting some of my money in it.
There is a Game of Thrones next to it in worse shape..

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Couldn't tell ya. It's on location and I made the mistake of putting some of my money in it.
There is a Game of Thrones next to it in worse shape..

How did it play? Good. Needs shopped. Blown out.

#4483 1 year ago

Another casualty of people cutting wiring rather than unplugging jones plugs Only $50 though for a pitch and bat

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2919746211663981/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4484 1 year ago

Not my picture, its from a different thread, but it belongs here.

#4485 1 year ago

What the hell could that be?

#4486 1 year ago

Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

[quoted image]

#4487 1 year ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Vomit. Someone puked their guts over the front of the game

#4488 1 year ago

I hope the puke seal is in good shape

#4489 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Definitely belongs here! Damn! I wonder what mode they were on if they were playing it. Kind of looks like they were there for a minute or two, not just passing by spraying randomly.

#4490 1 year ago

Brewery….overboard tilt…game over.

#4491 1 year ago

That is just awful!

#4492 1 year ago

Lol @ whoever marked that puke image unsafe. Seems like abusive behavior. That’s more unsafe than anything in this thread.

#4493 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Lol @ whoever marked that puke image unsafe. Seems like abusive behavior. That’s more unsafe than anything in this thread.

I'm a sympathy puker from way back. Had to scroll fast as soon as I figured out what I was looking at!

Shawn

#4494 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

sympathy puker

Checked Google. This is actually a real thing apparently. Photos of it don’t bother me but I would have to pass on the clean up detail or there could be more of a mess.

#4495 1 year ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

I hope the puke seal is in good shape

Puke seal! I'm gonna call it that from now on!

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is actually a real thing apparently.

Yeah it is... Sight, sound or smell can wind me up! A terrible thing when on a ship full of candy asses being sea sick.

Puke seal it is! LOL

Shawn

#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Checked Google. This is actually a real thing apparently. Photos of it don’t bother me but I would have to pass on the clean up detail or there could be more of a mess.

Yep, my 4-year-old son is super sensitive to anything like that. If the cat pukes and he sees or smells it, he gets sick. Same with poo, yet he still insists on notifying everyone when he’s made a 2. I just don’t know.

#4498 1 year ago

Stolen from a Swedish pinball group on Facebook.
035BA276-2C08-4D77-9046-E3BC6C3A2FA5 (resized).jpeg035BA276-2C08-4D77-9046-E3BC6C3A2FA5 (resized).jpeg
57377FDE-8FFE-4625-8E1F-D382DA4C93C9 (resized).jpeg57377FDE-8FFE-4625-8E1F-D382DA4C93C9 (resized).jpeg
8977D3E7-0C2B-461C-9D6E-074348686C7E (resized).jpeg8977D3E7-0C2B-461C-9D6E-074348686C7E (resized).jpeg

#4499 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Stolen from a Swedish pinball group on Facebook.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That should have been a Bally Vampire! Stake right through the heart...

#4500 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yeah, evolution made us want to barf when we see or smell (or hear) vomit, because odds were good that we also ate some of whatever the puker in our small, local group ate that made them sick.

(A "strong stomach" is actually a strong brain!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.