omg2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
FB_IMG_1710102812674 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg

There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 109.
#4401 1 year ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Not to horrible but Bees! All good now bees removed, no bees hurt. Was outside with cover on and queen moved in along with the swarm. I suggested to put the machine inside.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a pretty impressive custom cover!

#4402 1 year ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Not to horrible but Bees! All good now bees removed, no bees hurt. Was outside with cover on and queen moved in along with the swarm. I suggested to put the machine inside.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see any buzzing around. Must be cold there. Pretty amazing to see.

#4403 1 year ago

I’m a beekeeper.
Did a keeper rescue the swarm and take them away?

#4405 1 year ago
Removed by a bee keeper so probably in a new home by now making honey, The photo was taken in the evening so that why they were not very active.

#4406 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

El Dorado - Cities of Golden Honey
[quoted image]

Lol. That's perfect!

#4407 1 year ago

Not "horror" in the traditional sense but maybe this pic isn't the best showing off of color matching skill...

Screenshot_20221221_204910_craigslist.jpgScreenshot_20221221_204910_craigslist.jpgScreenshot_20221221_204917_craigslist.jpgScreenshot_20221221_204917_craigslist.jpgScreenshot_20221221_205309_craigslist.jpgScreenshot_20221221_205309_craigslist.jpg
#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Not "horror" in the traditional sense but maybe this pic isn't the best showing off of color matching skill...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a clown, please keep him away from all machines!!!
Dude only sees a single shade. “Green is green”

#4409 1 year ago

Yeah. Why would you ever leave an un finished area? Paint it all so it's the same. It's like my customers wanting to use there 5 year old paint on a 5 year painted wall. No way is gonna match. Sorry. Need to paint it all!

#4410 1 year ago

Wow. Imagine what the ones he doesn't use for advertising look like.

#4411 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

like my customers wanting to use there 5 year old paint on a 5 year painted wall. No way is gonna match

But it’s the exact same paint I used!

#4412 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What a clown, please keep him away from all machines!!!
Dude only sees a single shade. “Green is green”

Yeah everyone knows it's like 50 shades of green, or is it gray. I digress

#4413 1 year ago

If I were closer I would make an offer just for the lockdown bar but I’m not close.

198A07D0-643C-4154-A978-7668DB93D0B8 (resized).png198A07D0-643C-4154-A978-7668DB93D0B8 (resized).png458C1490-7EDA-42D3-AA0D-BA0FE9392313 (resized).png458C1490-7EDA-42D3-AA0D-BA0FE9392313 (resized).png6A69EE91-36C7-486F-A0A8-066FA8464281 (resized).png6A69EE91-36C7-486F-A0A8-066FA8464281 (resized).png
#4414 1 year ago

Where is it? I don’t have Facebook

#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Where is it? I don’t have Facebook

New Orleans LA area

#4416 1 year ago

Mushroomed plunger on a Black Pyramid.

20230102_202539 (resized).jpg20230102_202539 (resized).jpg20230102_202553 (resized).jpg20230102_202553 (resized).jpg20230102_202606 (resized).jpg20230102_202606 (resized).jpg
#4417 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

If I were closer I would make an offer just for the lockdown bar but I’m not close.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You missed the best part of that listing
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
"Could be flipped"

#4418 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Mushroomed plunger on a Black Pyramid.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a WCS94 with a mushroomed metal plunger tip like that. Couldn’t believe it, he promised HUO too!

#4419 1 year ago
EE93E948-A084-40A1-BB5B-D97C9D44FDF4 (resized).jpegEE93E948-A084-40A1-BB5B-D97C9D44FDF4 (resized).jpeg
#4421 1 year ago

Can you even remove a rod that shroomed
Like will it come out or do you have to take out the entire assembly I would assume

#4422 1 year ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Like will it come out or do you have to take out the entire assembly I would assume

Easy with a file or electric grinder.

Done it many times.

#4423 1 year ago

You would probably need to pull the whole assembly. You may even need to file it down to pull it through the inner plate. But, once it's out, a minute on a bench grinder should get that rod ground down enough to remove.

EDIT: an angle grinder could do the job inside the cab, but I'm not a fan of that many metal shavings in my machine.

#4424 1 year ago

The harder mushroom to fix is when a magnet post, like the Tiger Loop on TOTAN or the Shrunken head on RBION, have mushroomed ABOVE the playfield.... and the bracket underneath has been Loctited in place. Now that's an afternoon project!

#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from rollinover:

I'll use a Dremel tool to grind off the excess so I can remove the plunger.

#4426 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The harder mushroom to fix is when a magnet post, like the Tiger Loop on TOTAN or the Shrunken head on RBION, have mushroomed ABOVE the playfield.... and the bracket underneath has been Loctited in place. Now that's an afternoon project!

Agree. I have a larger, heavy-duty wrench with the correct socket just for removing that nut on the playfield magnets. I’ve replaced a few on Indy Jones 4 and Ripley’s. They can be a bear!

#4427 1 year ago

Gottlieb System 80B horror, or so I initially thought. Fortunately, it was repaired which brought the whole game back to life. The game has since left me and gone to an arcade in Canada, living a happy, reliable life with all the original serial number matching boards ever since. ChrisHibler should remember fixing this for me.

gottlieb-80b-battery-damage (resized).jpggottlieb-80b-battery-damage (resized).jpg

#4428 1 year ago

I just bought a box with several of the MPUs in exactly that state. Knowing that at least one was salvaged is nice. Hopefully these will all get a new life.

#4429 1 year ago

Financing options on Stern's Website for the Bond 60th. Courtesy of Pinball-Obsessed on the SLE thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/66#post-7332628.

19% APR on a Pinball Machine.

ho (resized).jpgho (resized).jpg
#4430 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Financing options on Stern's Website for the Bond 60th. Courtesy of Pinball-Obsessed on the SLE thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/66#post-7332628.
[quoted image]

Yes, but the appreciation!

#4431 1 year ago

[quoted image]

This is my version of jumping the shark.

36 month finance deal. For a pinball machine.

I remember when you bought a car it was on a 36 month finance plan. And then the car self destructed on the 37th month.

#4432 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is my version of jumping the shark.
36 month finance deal. For a pinball machine.
I remember when you bought a car it was on a 36 month finance plan. And then the car self destructed on the 37th month.

There is no shortage of financially foolish people who "need" the latest shiny object.

I had to step out of the Bond SLE thread because it was giving me a bad attitude about pinball owners.

#4433 1 year ago

just glad i'm an EM guy, those were the best of pinball day's, playing in smoky arcades and bowling alley's,....those old Bally,William's and Gottlieb's were the best in the 70's.....there is NO WAY i would spend 20K plus to hit a ball bearing around a play field, but thats just me.....nuff said

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is no shortage of financially foolish people who "need" the latest shiny object.
I had to step out of the Bond SLE thread because it was giving me a bad attitude about pinball owners.

Financially foolish yet able to afford $20k toys are probably called “heirs.”

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

By definition if you are taking out a loan and paying interest on a $20k toy I would not use the term "afford"

#4436 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Wow! I had no idea that people get loans to purchase pinball machines. I don't blame Stern for offering financing, but yikes! Pinball is an unnecessary luxury as it is. No need to unnecessarily throw more money down the drain by financing these things.

#4437 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

No need to unnecessarily throw more money down the drain by financing these things.

Judge Reinhold as stereo salesman Ken Kessler in the movie Ruthless People:

[trying to sell a new stereo system to a teenage couple... before he realizes they're expecting a baby]

Ken Kessler : Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid : Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?

Ken Kessler : That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler : So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Judge Reinhold as stereo salesman Ken Kessler in the movie Ruthless People:
[trying to sell a new stereo system to a teenage couple... before he realizes they're expecting a baby]
Ken Kessler : Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!
Heavy Metal Kid : Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?
Ken Kessler : That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!
[turns it on]
Ken Kessler : So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

Fantastic movie!

Totally agree on financing pinball. Maybe if you were running a business but for the home No Bueno.

#4439 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Quoted from gdonovan:

By definition if you are taking out a loan and paying interest on a $20k toy I would not use the term "afford"

In the late 60s, when the muscle car era was born, the street were full of Mustangs, GTOs, SS Chevelles, etc. This was a also the same era where financing was gaining ground. And this is the time where the "Truth in Lending" laws became law. Because Average Joe did not know how financing and interest rates worked ( Of course, today, Average Joe still knows squat about finance and interest rates).

Anyway, at that time, some of the young guys with the hot cars were figuring out the hard way that car payments suck. And the big thing that was happening for a couple of years is cars were being put up for sale for just taking over the payments. Such as:

For sale:

1969 Chevelle SS 396. take over payments.

1967 Mustang GT. take over payments.

They were not even trying to get some money for the sale: It was just, " get me out of these car payments !" . Today, it would be the acronym of TOP.

Food for thought: Is the guy with a mortgage, an SUV payment, and some credit card debt, really above water if he pays cash for a pinball machine?

IMO, the craziest finance deal I ever saw was at Cabela's headquarter store in Sidney Nebraska. You could buy a low end fishing rig for just $120.00 per month---for 120 months. Big wow. 10 years worth of boat payments.

But 3 year financing on a pinball machine is out there.

#4440 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In the late 60s, when the muscle car era was born, the street were full of Mustangs, GTOs, SS Chevelles, etc. This was a also the same era where financing was gaining ground. And this is the time where the "Truth in Lending" laws became law. Because Average Joe did not know how financing and interest rates worked ( Of course, today, Average Joe still knows squat about finance and interest rates).
Anyway, at that time, some of the young guys with the hot cars were figuring out the hard way that car payments suck. And the big thing that was happening for a couple of years is cars were being put up for sale for just taking over the payments. Such as:
For sale:
1969 Chevelle SS 396. take over payments.
1967 Mustang GT. take over payments.
They were not even trying to get some money for the sale: It was just, " get me out of these car payments !" . Today, it would be the acronym of TOP.
Food for thought: Is the guy with a mortgage, an SUV payment, and some credit card debt, really above water if he pays cash for a pinball machine?
IMO, the craziest finance deal I ever saw was at Cabela's headquarter store in Sidney Nebraska. You could buy a low end fishing rig for just $120.00 per month---for 120 months. Big wow. 10 years worth of boat payments.
But 3 year financing on a pinball machine is out there.

At least with the muscle car it served a dual purpose! I drove muscle cars to work as soon as I could latch onto a licence.. and still do time to time. Catch is I can fix my own rides.

Neither is a show queen, the blue one will run with a Hellcat and almost stop as fast as one.

And as far as I'm concerned if you are in debt, you are underwater. The wife and i took great pains to pay off all debt several years ago after seeing the direction the world was going.

Resized_16730215963645394022661619391955_103884854953225 (resized).jpegResized_16730215963645394022661619391955_103884854953225 (resized).jpeg10153321686840716 (resized).jpg10153321686840716 (resized).jpg
#4441 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Neither is a show queen, the blue one will run with a Hellcat and almost stop as fast as one.

GTX ..... sweet

#4442 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Wow! I had no idea that people get loans to purchase pinball machines. I don't blame Stern for offering financing, but yikes! Pinball is an unnecessary luxury as it is. No need to unnecessarily throw more money down the drain by financing these things.

Anyone who uses a credit card to purchase one (and most people do), is ‘technically’ getting a loan to do so. It’s a “pre-approved” loan, but a loan nonetheless, no?

#4443 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Anyone who uses a credit card to purchase one (and most people do), is ‘technically’ getting a loan to do so. It’s a “pre-approved” loan, but a loan nonetheless, no?

Depends if you pay off the card in 30 days or not.

#4444 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

If you don't pay off your credit card balances each month and wind up getting APR charges, I guess you could consider that a "loan". Personally, I wouldn't charge anything on my CC if I didn't intend to pay it off the following month before any APR charges kick in.

#4445 1 year ago

Credit card on the glass?

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Depends if you pay off the card in 30 days or not.

It is still a loan, yes? I buy everything with my credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. But the bill comes in for the last 30 days and payment is set for 30 days out. So, for some of that money I get to use it for almost 60 days.

For instance, my CC closes today. My car insurance is due today; I pay it on a 6 month basis. I'll wait to pay the insurance tomorrow on the new CC month. Then in 30 days the bill arrives and I set it to pay 30 days after that. That's 60 days of "free" money. The kicker is that you don't want to be late on that payment.

In credit card parlance I am a deadbeat.

EDIT: Last year, I got with my insurance guy and we changed my billing to come in on the 7th of the month instead of on the 6th of the month. State Farm went nutty with this move. It seems I have been getting some sort of discount for 43 years and changing the date set me up with a new account and an extra $50.00 to pay. So, my insurance guy changed it back and every 6 months, I pay a day late---which State Farm is cool with.

#4447 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Credit card on the glass?

credit-card-swipe.gifcredit-card-swipe.gif
#4448 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is still a loan, yes? I buy everything with my credit card and pay it off at the end of the next month. But the bill comes in for the last 30 days and payment is set for 30 days out. So, for some of that money I get to use it for almost 60 days.
For instance, my CC closes today. My car insurance is due today; I pay it on a 6 month basis. I'll wait to pay the insurance tomorrow on the new CC month. Then in 30 days the bill arrives and I set it to pay 30 days after that. That's 60 days of "free" money. The kicker is that you don't want to be late on that payment.
In credit card parlance I am a deadbeat.
EDIT: Last year, I got with my insurance guy and we changed my billing to come in on the 7th of the month instead of on the 6th of the month. State Farm went nutty with this move. It seems I have been getting some sort of discount for 43 years and changing the date set me up with a new account and an extra $50.00 to pay. So, my insurance guy changed it back and every 6 months, I pay a day late---which State Farm is cool with.

Odds are if you make one lump payment you get a discount as well.

#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Agree. I have a larger, heavy-duty wrench with the correct socket just for removing that nut on the playfield magnets. I’ve replaced a few on Indy Jones 4 and Ripley’s. They can be a bear!

Alot of people would agree that it doesn't really matter where the money from a student loan was used, since the money to pay for SCHOOL had to come from somewhere that the student was obligated and authorized to use. Its not a cash accounting process, its an accrual, so if the student qualifies for a student loan, but they pay for the tuition from their savings account, it doesn't really affect anything if they take their student loan check and buy a truckload of bubble gum with it.

The real question might be "How can a student with THOUSANDS of $$ of extra money get approved for a student loan?" Seems like qualifying for a student loan a bit more accurately based on true need might be a better question....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.