IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
There are 5,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 110.
#4351 1 year ago

I went to buy a baseball machine as well. The guy thought he was doing me a favor by removing all the internal parts so I could replace them with new. Took out everything but the playfield threw it all in the fire pit the night before. I didn’t know what to say except I will pass!

#4352 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I went to buy a baseball machine as well. The guy thought he was doing me a favor by removing all the internal parts so I could replace them with new. Took out everything but the playfield threw it all in the fire pit the night before. I didn’t know what to say except I will pass!

Stupidity has no limits.

#4353 1 year ago

Found this at a putt putt bar in Melbourne AU today (Holey Moley… no idea if it’s related to the show but seems likely).
1B93E930-F571-4057-A110-1A0BA1400325.jpeg1B93E930-F571-4057-A110-1A0BA1400325.jpeg
B59CD971-83CC-4060-B100-FD8B68D2CFE0.jpegB59CD971-83CC-4060-B100-FD8B68D2CFE0.jpeg
7A4B48B2-7294-4249-A01B-AF8C73F26497.jpeg7A4B48B2-7294-4249-A01B-AF8C73F26497.jpeg
1ED18225-5011-4985-B2A2-E1074CF13DE4.jpeg1ED18225-5011-4985-B2A2-E1074CF13DE4.jpeg
27412F10-08AC-4496-904F-E6ACFAC2D11B.jpeg27412F10-08AC-4496-904F-E6ACFAC2D11B.jpeg
DEB87479-021E-472A-834C-3E8F19A871A4.jpegDEB87479-021E-472A-834C-3E8F19A871A4.jpeg
Of course it’s out of order, it’s a pin on location.

#4354 1 year ago

They did also have some actually cool other pin-related holes…

397C78F6-2416-4A5B-9C29-F69818849E3A.jpeg397C78F6-2416-4A5B-9C29-F69818849E3A.jpeg7CED02D9-2697-4488-A537-924D657D2334.jpeg7CED02D9-2697-4488-A537-924D657D2334.jpeg7D6A0C3F-82F2-477D-A737-E1CBDC41EBA4.jpeg7D6A0C3F-82F2-477D-A737-E1CBDC41EBA4.jpeg
#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Found this at a putt putt bar in Melbourne AU today (Holey Moley… no idea if it’s related to the show but seems likely).
Of course it’s out of order, it’s a pin on location.

This makes me really sad
Sometimes you just have to name and shame!

#4356 1 year ago

So much duct tape

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

So much duct tape

Well it was used to help the Apollo 13 astronauts get back home!

#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

So much duct tape

Black electrical tape is just not wide enough for one layer coverage? Here you just squeeze and go!

///Rich

#4359 1 year ago

Came downstairs and kids were doing penalty kicks using this door as a goal with a real soccer ball. Shut that down quick.

20221130_182806 (resized).jpg20221130_182806 (resized).jpg
#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Came downstairs and kids were doing penalty kicks using this door as a goal with a real soccer ball. Shut that down quick.
[quoted image]

Yikes! Crisis averted!

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

at least they're not into hockey..........lol

#4362 1 year ago

Those wall hanger back glasses and Guns N Roses were definitely in danger! haha

#4363 1 year ago

Overhand ski-ball has been an issue in my gameroom. It’s unbelievable what kids can come up with.

#4364 1 year ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Overhand ski-ball has been an issue in my gameroom. It’s unbelievable what kids can come up with.

That’s what has given me pause on getting a skee ball machine. My best spot for one would have the “head” of the machine right next to a set of French doors (largely glass). I have boys, 7 and 8 years old. I can already hear the glass shattering. Bummer, as I think it’d be a fun game in the collection.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from PinJim:

That’s what has given me pause on getting a skee ball machine. My best spot for one would have the “head” of the machine right next to a set of French doors (largely glass). I have boys, 7 and 8 years old. I can already hear the glass shattering. Bummer, as I think it’d be a fun game in the collection.

You think one of the units with a net or cage over the "playfield" would be a good middle ground that? When I was a kid, most arcades had wised up and put cages over the playfields. I assumed at the time it was to prevent cheating ("oh no the kids may get 5 extra tickets!!") but as an adult I realize it may have been to stop ball hurling, more than anything.

As a former 7 or 8 year old boy who thought throwing darts directly into the drywall and ceiling tiles was WAY more fun than using the dart board, there's no way in hell I'd put a skeeball near anything valuable

Something like this:

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

You think one of the units with a net or cage over the "playfield" would be a good middle ground that? When I was a kid, most arcades had wised up and put cages over the playfields. I assumed at the time it was to prevent cheating ("oh no the kids may get 5 extra tickets!!") but as an adult I realize it may have been to stop ball hurling, more than anything.
As a former 7 or 8 year old boy who thought throwing darts directly into the drywall and ceiling tiles was WAY more fun than using the dart board, there's no way in hell I'd put a skeeball near anything valuable
Something like this:
[quoted image]

Yeah then the kids could do some cool dude perfect tricks like bounce the ball off the cage, do a 360, catch it, and try to roll it!

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Lol. I only read “overhand ski-ball…” and I was laughing. My kid is 4, and struggles to get the center rings underhand. I dread his creativity with things like that someday. He loves smashing and breaking things and knocking things down. I can see him issuing a 90 mph fastball through a ski-ball machine at age 9. Then I’ll sign him to AAA MLB.

#4368 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Something like this:
[quoted image]

It seems ski-ball is one of those items where the ratio of fun/interest versus space simply doesn’t work. That’s just my guess. The runway is like 6-8 feet right? Seems you’d need just the right narrow hall or nook to make the space worth the sacrifice. Or kids who are obsessed with ski-ball.

#4369 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It seems ski-ball is one of those items where the ratio of fun/interest versus space simply doesn’t work. That’s just my guess. The runway is like 6-8 feet right? Seems you’d need just the right narrow hall or nook to make the space worth the sacrifice. Or kids who are obsessed with ski-ball.

Its 'skee' ball, not 'ski' ball. Get off the slopes you hoser

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ball.

#4371 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

If you like old stuff, sometimes it's Ski Ball.

SkiBall (resized).jpgSkiBall (resized).jpg
#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Something like this:
[quoted image]

I run an arcade. Kids are always hurling the ball overhand at the metal net as hard as possible. It’s annoying as hell.

I caught a full grown woman (40s) doing it, I ran out and yelled at her and she just smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

People are assholes!

1 week later
#4373 1 year ago

Jurassic Park with a 69 Daytona Charger and a 70 Superbird came to rest together outside a home after Hurricane Ian.

69-daytona-charger-70-superbird-and-jurassic-park-pinball-ian-damage (resized).jpg69-daytona-charger-70-superbird-and-jurassic-park-pinball-ian-damage (resized).jpg
#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Jurassic Park with a 69 Daytona Charger and a 70 Superbird came to rest together outside a home after Hurricane Ian.
[quoted image]

Damn. The cars are more upsetting in this one. I'd try to restore all 3... If I could find the head for the jp

#4375 1 year ago

Oof. I would love the parts from that machine. It will be in a landfill soon enough.

#4376 1 year ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Damn. The cars are more upsetting in this one.

And I'm not even remotely a car guy.

#4377 1 year ago

Damn. The cars are more upsetting in this one. I'd try to restore all 3... If I could find the head for the jp

Oh I'm sure the head and legs are there

... and over there,

... and some what over there...

#4378 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[quoted image]

I feel weird giving that picture a thumbs up, but thanks for posting it.

#4379 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[quoted image]

This is depressing.. wow
I... I need a minute

#4381 1 year ago

Wow crazy

#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[quoted image]

I always wonder what kind of classic cars, and now that I am into pinball, what kinds of rare pinball machines, get wasted by tornados, hurricanes, and California wild fires.

4 Mopar wing cars bite the dust. It is sad.

#4383 1 year ago

I keep asking - why?

Shooter tip mushroomed, ball still there rusty

The rebound rubber. Wow!

60121B36-D016-4F07-A144-8E2DFA3AAFF2 (resized).jpeg60121B36-D016-4F07-A144-8E2DFA3AAFF2 (resized).jpegBFA94730-C492-42C1-B8E9-8FD99FE5F074 (resized).jpegBFA94730-C492-42C1-B8E9-8FD99FE5F074 (resized).jpeg
#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I keep asking - why?
The rebound rubber. Wow!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've seen mushroomed shooters plenty of times, but that melted rebound rubber is a new sight for me

#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I keep asking - why?
The rebound rubber. Wow!

That first image looks like when you’re making s’mores and you cook your marshmallow too long.

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

4 Mopar wing cars bite the dust. It is sad.

They will get rebuilt, no I'm not kidding.

#4388 1 year ago

Having restored cars myself in the past, the salt water damage takes a restoration to a whole new level. Unfortunately, these will have to be taken down to bare metal and started over. Very sad indeed.

#4389 1 year ago

Yes. These cars are valuable enough for the expense of salt proofing and rebuilding. Sort of the equivalent of the Corvettes at the Vette museum when the floor dropped into that sinkhole.

Quoted from Playdium:

Having restored cars myself in the past, the salt water damage takes a restoration to a whole new level. Unfortunately, these will have to be taken down to bare metal and started over. Very sad indeed.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 6.41.18 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-12-15 at 6.41.18 AM (resized).jpg

This is going to be a two year restoration project. I guess the question becomes how valuable does a classic car have to be to be afforded this kind of restoration.

#4390 1 year ago

We are all a little sentimental about orange Chargers of that era. That's why we need a licensed Dukes of Hazzard pin to go with the recent homebrew!

dukes-of.gifdukes-of.gif

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

We are all a little sentimental about orange Chargers of that era. That's why we need a licensed Dukes of Hazzard pin to go with the recent homebrew!
[quoted image]

That looks like every rotary here in Massachusetts.

#4392 1 year ago

Picked this beauty up for free (of course!). I also have an unused but defective EBD hardtop that was part of the "bad" run with the sub-par ink formula a couple of years ago (OE replaced it after discovering the manufacturing error and my EBD is all nice and restored and happy now).

The plan for this train-wreck of a playfield is to fix/level off the top edge with resin or bondo, strip off all artwork, fix the busted inserts, put down the defective hardtop, and turn this into a wall hanger for my workshop. Thinking that with no actual play or usage, perhaps the defective hardtop will last long enough to look good just hanging there as art.

$0 for the playfield, $0 for the hardtop that can't (shouldn't) be used in an actual game, and a few hours of labor while honing my resin / bondo skills. Winner!

IMG_2218 (resized).JPGIMG_2218 (resized).JPGIMG_2219 (resized).JPGIMG_2219 (resized).JPG
#4393 1 year ago

Bruce explained the defective hardtop art cracks like an egg with impact, so as a wall hanger it should be great! I have a defective Xenon hardtop I’d like to do the same thing with. Just gotta stumble onto a crap playfield like that!

#4394 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Picked this beauty up for free (of course!). I also have an unused but defective EBD hardtop that was part of the "bad" run with the sub-par ink formula a couple of years ago (OE replaced it after discovering the manufacturing error and my EBD is all nice and restored and happy now).
The plan for this train-wreck of a playfield is to fix/level off the top edge with resin or bondo, strip off all artwork, fix the busted inserts, put down the defective hardtop, and turn this into a wall hanger for my workshop. Thinking that with no actual play or usage, perhaps the defective hardtop will last long enough to look good just hanging there as art.
$0 for the playfield, $0 for the hardtop that can't (shouldn't) be used in an actual game, and a few hours of labor while honing my resin / bondo skills. Winner!

The advantage of resin over bondo is that with proper blocking of the bad area, you can pour the resin and it will self level. Not a big deal in this situation but....

#4395 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The advantage of resin over bondo is that with proper blocking of the bad area, you can pour the resin and it will self level. Not a big deal in this situation but....

Yep. Here's my homemade "dam" after sanding down to bare wood and brushing on some wood hardener to the affected area - couple pieces of wood connected in an "L" / shelf configuration, wrapped in non-porous painters tape for easy removal after the resin hardens, and secured to the playfield with c-clamps. May not actually get to pour this for a while as it's really cold in my (Colorado) garage. Since I'm experimenting, maybe I'll set up a couple of space heaters to warm up that area of the garage and give it a go (my wife won't let me do this in the house, lol).

IMG_2252 (resized).JPGIMG_2252 (resized).JPG
#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Yep. Here's my homemade "dam" after sanding down to bare wood and brushing on some wood hardener to the affected area - couple pieces of wood connected in an "L" / shelf configuration, wrapped in non-porous painters tape for easy removal after the resin hardens, and secured to the playfield with c-clamps. May not actually get to pour this for a while as it's really cold in my (Colorado) garage. Since I'm experimenting, maybe I'll set up a couple of space heaters to warm up that area of the garage and give it a go (my wife won't let me do this in the house, lol).[quoted image]

Since you already have the dam, this would be a good opportunity to try the Bondo fiberglass resin Vid recommends for cabinet corner repairs. I used it on my last restoration and was very happy with the results.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

May not actually get to pour this for a while as it's really cold in my (Colorado) garage.

Your mix is going to harden due chemical process. You can apply it in the cold. It will just take longer to cure which also gives it more time to self level. Space heaters may accelerate pace of cure if you are in a rush, but it will cure on its own; Patience can be a virtue

#4398 1 year ago

Not to horrible but Bees! All good now bees removed, no bees hurt. Was outside with cover on and queen moved in along with the swarm. I suggested to put the machine inside.

IMG_4428 (resized).jpgIMG_4428 (resized).jpgIMG_4441 (resized).jpgIMG_4441 (resized).jpg
#4399 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. These cars are valuable enough for the expense of salt proofing and rebuilding. Sort of the equivalent of the Corvettes at the Vette museum when the floor dropped into that sinkhole.

[quoted image]
This is going to be a two year restoration project. I guess the question becomes how valuable does a classic car have to be to be afforded this kind of restoration.

the superbird avg price for a 440car is 230kusd the daytona avg price for a 440 car is 317k . if these were 426 numbers matching cars , they would be 7 figure cars .

#4400 1 year ago

El Dorado - Cities of Golden Honey

bees (resized).jpgbees (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
€ 7.50
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 5,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.