IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 110.
#4301 1 year ago

Thank you for posting the Paragon nightmare. I've never seen anything like that before. Sad, repulsive, and interesting all at the very same time. You guys had some great jokes about it. Super funny. Yikes, $400!

#4302 1 year ago

What’s funny is someone thought they were getting a great deal.

#4303 1 year ago

Playing pinball in the pool?

Screenshot_20221108-100559_Reddit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221108-100559_Reddit (resized).jpg
#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

That's why they invented the GFI outlet.

#4305 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

No thanks!
When you're highly allergic to mice. These games are always off limits to me!

I'm so over nasty animal infested games. Piss shit and disease.
My most recent barn find is extremely rare, but I feel digusting every time I work on it, spraying it to clean it and the piss smell comes back out.

#4306 1 year ago

[quoted image]

That lounging area is "Shag-tastic"!

#4307 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'm so over nasty animal infested games. Piss shit and disease.
My most recent barn find is extremely rare, but I feel digusting every time I work on it, spraying it to clean it and the piss smell comes back out.

Is that the World Series?

#4308 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

spraying it to clean it and the piss smell comes back out.

I am going to gamble that the mice did not pee on the cabinet walls. If you have not replaced the floor on the pin, might that possibly help?

Have you tried any of these cleaning methods?

https://www.hardwoodbargains.com/blog/dog-urine-soaked-into-hardwood-floor/

#4309 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Something about those "possible future in pure science fiction fantasy" images that I love so much. Could you IMAGINE your house being like that ....that's so over the top - I love it!!

#4310 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is that the World Series?

Nope I pulled my World Series out of a home. I found a Taylor Engineering Mr. Top Gun that lived in a barn for a while. It's not too bad but they stuffed the mannequin's legs with newspaper a mouse made a house in. The metal scoring box also had a nest and smells bad, fortunately that's all getting blasted and powder coated.

#4311 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

To the untrained eye, sure. They have quite a lot of variability, even within just one manufacturer's titles.
[quoted image]
http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com/technical/gameplatforms/arcade-cabinet-silhouettes-and-shapes/
I don't know off-hand what cab varkon used.

I've seen most restorers make repairs with new wood when it's just the bottom section that needs to be replaced. No sense in wrecking a perfectly good cab.
Like with pins, you can do a cab swap, but with varkon being so rare, that's probably not going to be on the table. I've seen a few high-end restores for this titles, so the chances are probably good that someone has drawn up a CAD file that can be used as a template to make a new cab from scratch.

If anyone is looking, I have a genuine Defender cabinet in nice primer condition I'm going to put up for sale.

Has later coin door, monitor bezel and some new parts.

#4312 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If anyone is looking, I have a genuine Defender cabinet in nice primer condition I'm going to put up for sale.
Has later coin door, monitor bezel and some new parts.

Dang. Too bad you're on the other side of the country. I could use it.
I have a board set for Defender and a 19" Horizontal monitor.

#4313 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Dang. Too bad you're on the other side of the country. I could use it.
I have a board set for Defender and a 19" Horizontal monitor.

Too many things going on and I doubt I'll get to it.

20221110_055050 (resized).jpg20221110_055050 (resized).jpg20221111_042316 (resized).jpg20221111_042316 (resized).jpg20221111_042334 (resized).jpg20221111_042334 (resized).jpg20221111_042414 (resized).jpg20221111_042414 (resized).jpg20221111_042449 (resized).jpg20221111_042449 (resized).jpg
#4314 1 year ago

[quoted image]

And lounging in a giant bowl of orange cushions. Ahhh, the future.

#4315 1 year ago

Found some old pictures of the "SHADOW 2.0" i bought from southern Europe as a parts machine
It was actually possible to play it...
(Every thing else than PF challenges was fine so it was eventually rescued and set loose in the wild again)
Anny one who knows what machine the "enhanced plastics" coming from?

DSC00442 (resized).JPGDSC00442 (resized).JPGDSC00443 (resized).JPGDSC00443 (resized).JPGDSC00444 (resized).JPGDSC00444 (resized).JPGDSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPG
#4316 1 year ago

FrankenShadow! (Stripped shadow with random parts)

I see 3 plastics with Pirate mice that have a lot of detail and narrow white trim, and 3 plastics with wide yellow trim and swords and a blue haired womans face. European pins? What language is "On Bum.."?

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

European pins?

Yeah, could be. Both Italy and Spain had pinball manufacturing in the old days.
I never managed to find out where the plastic came from.

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Thank you for posting the Paragon nightmare. I've never seen anything like that before. Sad, repulsive, and interesting all at the very same time. You guys had some great jokes about it. Super funny. Yikes, $400!

I thought the same thing.

#4319 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

What language is "On Bum..

That's probably supposed to be "on bumper" followed by something else.

#4321 1 year ago
Quoted from Staffan:

The pirate mice plastics are from 'Corsario' made by Inder.

You beat me to it

Woman's face is from Playmatic Evil Fight... top right corner of playfield...

The 'on bumper' is from the same game, top left corner...

The plastic on the top left is also from Evil Fight... mid left playfield

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3085&picno=71597

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You beat me to it

I thought about tagging you, you're the expert on spanish pins!

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from Staffan:

I thought about tagging you, you're the expert on spanish pins!

I only have the flyer for Evil Fight, and I recognised it from that I guess... never had that game.

No Sanctum wear... that's a rare thing!

#4324 1 year ago

That was quick!
A lot of knowledge is lurking in the shadows of pinside

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

What language is "On Bum.."?

English.
"Where are your eyes, Mister?!"

#4326 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I've never seen live mice actually living in a game before.

Consider yourself lucky. I have, unfortunately experienced that before. Getting the machine out of the house and onto the yard was easily the most disgusting, gross thing I had done in the last 20 years. Got home and went straight to the shower. I think I took of my clothes in the garage!

Blech. Memories.

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Consider yourself lucky. I have, unfortunately experienced that before. Getting the machine out of the house and onto the yard was easily the most disgusting, gross thing I had done in the last 20 years. Got home and went straight to the shower. I think I took of my clothes in the garage!
Blech. Memories.

Yeah I can’t imagine what that would be like. Glad the pins and the Harleys are mice safe.

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Yes, but I feel Paragon is on the verge of being the next high-end Bally of that era, just like Fathom and Centaur. It’s easily the best wide-body the company produced by and has a huge following. I wouldn’t buy that one for $400, but just saying I see how people might want too.

#4329 1 year ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

Yes, but I feel Paragon is on the verge of being the next high-end Bally of that era, just like Fathom and Centaur. It’s easily the best wide-body the company produced by and has a huge following. I wouldn’t buy that one for $400, but just saying I see how people might want too.

Yeah there are those that would for sure, if I could salvage anything from it I might pay that.

#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

I feel Paragon is on the verge of being the next high-end Bally of that era, just like Fathom and Centaur.

Funny you should say that... Paragon was the game of my youth and therefore the pin I wanted when the idea of actually owning a pinball came to my head... when I got in touch with someone who sold pins and told him I was looking for a Paragon, he was asking why I would want that pin... I told him that it was nostalgic for me... and he said that would make sense because there would be no other reason to want it... he found a reasonably nice working example for me which I bought for £150... (about $200). That was 25 years ago though... things have got considerably more pricy since then!

#4331 1 year ago

Guy in one of the local arcade groupd posted pics of some really grungy places he had picked today and I spotted this picture of a Gameplan Captain Hook. He didn't take it home with him so i presume it's still there rotting away. Sadly no other pictures and the location is unknown

FB_IMG_1669144257278 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1669144257278 (resized).jpg
#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Guy in one of the local arcade groupd posted pics of some really grungy places he had picked today and I spotted this picture of a Gameplan Captain Hook. He didn't take it home with him so i presume it's still there rotting away. Sadly no other pictures and the location is unknown
[quoted image]

Only 400 of those were made. That might be a good play field under the dust on the glass. It looks complete.

In November 2016, I drove out to El Paso Texas and bought one that was not working. I was busy and it sat folded up for year or so. I sold it to a friend who got it up and running. It is a fun pin to play. And it has what I consider to be one of the prettiest play fields on a pin.

If it is complete, that is a pin I would roll up some miles to get.

#4333 1 year ago

This def has to be included here:

john (resized).jpgjohn (resized).jpg
#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

[quoted image]

As one of the rare Captain Hook owners, I can safely say that is Game Plan’s best machine behind Cyclopes. Gameplay is awesome, the strategy of having to manually reset the drop targets is very unique, and the sounds are just so damn cool!!!!

Please save it!!

#4335 1 year ago

As one of the rare Captain Hook owners, I can safely say that is Game Plan’s best machine behind Cyclopes. Gameplay is awesome, the strategy of having to manually reset the drop targets is very unique, and the sounds are just so damn cool!!!!
Please save it!!

Funny enough, I saw your review and it inspired me to let him know that it was worth saving before I even posted it here. I don't know if he is or not, kind of sounds like he didn't want to go back there again but I agree it should be saved! At the very least theres hard to find salvageable parts on there like plastics and whatnot. There was a sea witch in the pictures too that also was left behind...

The group is "midwest pinball and arcade collectors" on FB. Maybe I'll send the guy a message and see if I can get the location in case somebody else wants to save the day

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Funny enough, I saw your review and it inspired me to let him know that it was worth saving before I even posted it here. I don't know if he is or not, kind of sounds like he didn't want to go back there again but I agree it should be saved! At the very least theres hard to find salvageable parts on there like plastics and whatnot. There was a sea witch in the pictures too that also was left behind...
The group is "midwest pinball and arcade collectors" on FB. Maybe I'll send the guy a message and see if I can get the location in case somebody else wants to save the day

That’s what I was thinking reach out to him and see if he will share the seller’s info if you want it. You never know.

#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

That’s what I was thinking reach out to him and see if he will share the seller’s info if you want it. You never know.

I talked to him a little bit. Sounds like he plans on going back but theres tons of racoon poop and not a pleasant place to be and the games are pretty gross. Apparently the owner wants to keep the pins for now too but I made it clear there are certainly people out there who are interested in saving these games

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

This def has to be included here:[quoted image]

I'm too new around here to understand this photo. Is this someone's home brew playfield that just looks like it would be horrible to actually play in reality?

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm too new around here to understand this photo. Is this someone's home brew playfield that just looks like it would be horrible to actually play in reality?

Spend the next 8 hours reading and catching up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/178#post-7253039

#4340 1 year ago

La4s Thanks for posting that! haha. No way I'm going to delve into that thread. Is that the guy who wanted some WHALE of an investor for his smash hit pinball machine he was going to make? haha

#4341 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I talked to him a little bit. Sounds like he plans on going back but theres tons of racoon poop and not a pleasant place to be and the games are pretty gross. Apparently the owner wants to keep the pins for now too but I made it clear there are certainly people out there who are interested in saving these games

14-15 months or so ago, a warehouse 40 miles from me opened up. There were several pins. And a whole lot of trash. No pin was destroyed. All found homes.

This is/was the Cyclopes that was buried under loads of cat poop. The guy cleaning out this warehouse kept the Cyclopes. The play field cleaned up nicely is what I was told. There was no back glass.

970362ad5d4b8d842d51cf3591840525db10529c (resized).jpg970362ad5d4b8d842d51cf3591840525db10529c (resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins

See post #42 for all the pins.

The Seawitch is a good parts machine, but SW back glasses, play fields, and plastics are being reproduced so it can be made to live again.

And that Captain Hook with the glass on, I'm betting the play field looks good. If it comes up for sale and you don't want it I would make the drive.

Quoted from Haymaker:

At the very least theres hard to find salvageable parts on there like plastics and whatnot. There was a sea witch in the pictures too that also was left behind...

If the circuit boards are in there, those are hard to find.

Are you sure that's a Seawitch? I don't recognize those big yellow spots on the cab and back box. How can you tell?

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

14-15 months or so ago, a warehouse 40 miles from me opened up. There were several pins. And a whole lot of trash. No pin was destroyed. All found homes.
This is/was the Cyclopes that was buried under loads of cat poop. The guy cleaning out this warehouse kept the Cyclopes. The play field cleaned up nicely is what I was told. There was no back glass.
[quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins
See post #42 for all the pins.
The Seawitch is a good parts machine, but SW back glasses, play fields, and plastics are being reproduced so it can be made to live again.
And that Captain Hook with the glass on, I'm betting the play field looks good. If it comes up for sale and you don't want it I would make the drive.

If the circuit boards are in there, those are hard to find.
Are you sure that's a Seawitch? I don't recognize those big yellow spots on the cab and back box. How can you tell?

That Cyclopes was the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw the post!

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That Cyclopes was the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw the post!

Great minds think alike

When i went over there my objective was for the Cyclopes. I would trade out my labor helping the guy clean the place out and I take the Cyclopes. But the other guy also wanted it. We found some liquid cleaner and I cleaned off about a 6" circle and it cleaned up nicely. He said he was keeping it. At that point I backed away and did some light moving of some things for a Stern video game coin door.

#4344 1 year ago

Please save it!!

Quoted from Haymaker:

When my OP friend sold out his inventory of pins, he also sold a jar of spinners. Another friend bought those spinners. I dug through them and found a nice Captain Hook spinner for the CH my friend bought from me. Who knows how many CHs are still around? But one them is for sure no more.

#4345 1 year ago

I suppose I should be thankful that this one didn't get pitched into the dumpster. The story goes, the previous owner was aware the head folded down, but either didn't care, or was not inclined to remove the head bolts first.

the good news is he was ultimately successful in folding down the head.

20221118_201924 (resized).jpg20221118_201924 (resized).jpg20221118_210305 (resized).jpg20221118_210305 (resized).jpg
#4346 1 year ago

I suppose I should be thankful that this one didn't get pitched into the dumpster. The story goes, the previous owner was aware the head folded down, but either didn't care, or was not inclined to remove the head bolts first.
the good news is he was ultimately successful in folding down the head.
[quoted image][quoted image]

At least it’s complete? Unlike an old post where they bought the body but the head was thrown in the dumpster for some bizarre reason!

#4347 1 year ago

The story goes, the previous owner was aware the head folded down, but either didn't care, or was not inclined to remove the head bolts first.

Unlike an old post where they bought the body but the head was thrown in the dumpster for some bizarre reason!

Hey, personal experience! I was given a Jungle Queen that someone had tossed in the dumpster after a very careful head removal - much like the photos above, although they also made sure to make the job complete by cutting the harnesses just a few inches away from the plugs.

I *STILL* haven't gotten around to restoring it yet, however the basement mildew covering the playfield cleaned up surprisingly well. One of these days I'll get working on it. The backbox went back together decently enough with some clamps and Titebond.

#4348 1 year ago
5D85E8AE-4C91-4CD9-9C86-430C64EE0034 (resized).jpeg5D85E8AE-4C91-4CD9-9C86-430C64EE0034 (resized).jpeg
#4349 1 year ago

At least it’s complete?

Isochronic_Frost Haven't dug in too deep, but it looks mostly there. It came with 4 mismatched legs (no bolts). The backglass now fits comfortably in a coffee can. The shark toy seems to be missing his lower jaw.

I've started the head rebuild - looks like translites are available. On the plus side, none of the wires are cut, and the MPU looks clean, with no battery damage. No idea just what lies under the playfield

#4350 1 year ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I was given a Jungle Queen that someone had tossed in the dumpster after a very careful head removal - much like the photos above, although they also made sure to make the job complete by cutting the harnesses just a few inches away from the plugs.

This reminds me of the guy several years ago talking about the baseball machine cabinet he bought with no head. And the wires had been cut. And then he located a head, bought it and when it arrived it was the head for this machine with the same wires being cut.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/87?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.