IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 110.
#4001 2 years ago

Mini storage find Gorgar. Supposedly had been there for two decades. cshelden found it, and made the deal for me. I went to get it from his house yesterday. We opened her up expecting to see “green weenies”, saw these instead. OMFG! I’d seriously been thinking about those old Radio Shack batteries on the way to his house and they’re in that Gorgar.

BTW, big thanks and shout out to cshelden for hooking me up with a Gorgar to fill the void of the longest period (~3 years) of my life to not own a Gorgar.

2FFB19FF-9D96-48FF-97B2-59697913143C (resized).jpeg2FFB19FF-9D96-48FF-97B2-59697913143C (resized).jpeg
#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

We opened her up expecting to see “green weenies”, saw these instead.

Green weenies! lol. Never heard that before. Hilarious!

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Mini storage find Gorgar. Supposedly had been there for two decades. cshelden found it, and made the deal for me. I went to get it from his house yesterday. We opened her up expecting to see “green weenies”, saw these instead. OMFG! I’d seriously been thinking about those old Radio Shack batteries on the way to his house and they’re in that Gorgar.
BTW, big thanks and shout out to cshelden for hooking me up with a Gorgar to fill the void of the longest period (~3 years) of my life to not own a Gorgar.
[quoted image]

Another satisfied customer thanks to The Shack!

1 week later
#4004 2 years ago

Just pulled the boards from my Firepower project and have to admit I haven't seen this one before.

20220403_163859 (resized).jpg20220403_163859 (resized).jpg

20220403_164754 (resized).jpg20220403_164754 (resized).jpg
#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Just pulled the boards from my Firepower project and have to admit I haven't seen this one before.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Gives the new meaning to “plug and play”

#4006 2 years ago

I sold a guy this machine and two others a little over 3 years ago. He had a problem, I went to fix it, and found this. Half broken drop targets, missing plastics, filth everywhere, and extreme wear.This playfield was a solid 8.5 when I sold it to him. Just ugliness.

IMG_20220402_142049493 (resized).jpgIMG_20220402_142049493 (resized).jpgIMG_20220402_142101292 (resized).jpgIMG_20220402_142101292 (resized).jpg
#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

filth everywhere, and extreme wear

A little Novus 16 and no problem!

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

The "Direct Drive" system...LOL

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

I sold a guy this machine and two others a little over 3 years ago. He had a problem, I went to fix it, and found this. Half broken drop targets, missing plastics, filth everywhere, and extreme wear.This playfield was a solid 8.5 when I sold it to him. Just ugliness.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Some pinball owners are just sad. These types people have no common sense! Same type of people who blow up a car engine because they ignored the oil light.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

I can't even wrap my head around how you could do that much damage in 3 years. Was he playing it outside and using rusty balls?

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

He must play it quite a bit anyway.

#4012 2 years ago

It's in a small, dirty unfinished basement with a wood stove. The guy is an old retired guy. Apparently, two or three friends come over most every night, drink Natty Light, listen to tunes, watch tv, and play pinball for a few hours. So yeah, it gets the crap played out of it. I forgot to check the audits.

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

The guy is an old retired guy. Apparently, two or three friends come over most every night, drink Natty Light, listen to tunes, watch tv, and play pinball for a few hours

That’s pretty awesome. Good for that guy!

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

While we chase the beauty queens, my op friend would be buying the Taxi if it was still on route. A worn out pin means it has taken in a lot of quarters.

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

While we chase the beauty queens, my op friend would be buying the Taxi if it was still on route. A worn out pin means it has taken in a lot of quarters.

Or a lot of Natty lights in this case!

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yeah, that's pretty awesome if you ask me. Dude is living the life. That's what pins are for.

#4017 2 years ago

Look at the bottom…

A056CFCA-D3F8-47CA-8CAF-CCEE3C3F01AA (resized).pngA056CFCA-D3F8-47CA-8CAF-CCEE3C3F01AA (resized).png
#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Look at the bottom…
[quoted image]

Just trimmed some rot off, 'tis but a flesh wound.

-Tis-but-a-flesh-wound-medieval-times-30085869-500-450 (resized).jpg-Tis-but-a-flesh-wound-medieval-times-30085869-500-450 (resized).jpg
#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Just trimmed some rot off, 'tis but a flesh wound.

Lots of talk about what model pins will fit in what vehicles. That's one way to make a pin fit in that fancy SUV with the low clearance.

No wonder there are no legs attached.

#4020 2 years ago

Beware of the dog.

6077C6DA-D0E7-4B31-8EED-F5AAF7CD17B7 (resized).png6077C6DA-D0E7-4B31-8EED-F5AAF7CD17B7 (resized).pngEC48039A-372F-4FF5-A013-00B7CC4A0989 (resized).pngEC48039A-372F-4FF5-A013-00B7CC4A0989 (resized).png
#4021 2 years ago
images.jpeg-4 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-4 (resized).jpg
#4022 2 years ago

Not mine; pics/post stolen from a facebook group.. hope he doesn't mind, but had to share the horror pics! That's a lot of mouse house in that cabinet. Thankfully there is a happy ending, since these machines are being saved.
("Saved these from the trash! Gotta be some of the biggest rat nests ever!" - Bryan Howard, original poster, April 1st)

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg
#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Not mine; pics/post stolen from a facebook group.. hope he doesn't mind, but had to share the horror pics! That's a lot of mouse house in that cabinet. Thankfully there is a happy ending, since these machines are being saved.
("Saved these from the trash! Gotta be some of the biggest rat nests ever!" - Bryan Howard, original poster, April 1st)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a thing about clean and neat,this would kill me to have even a storage room like this.

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

("Saved these from the trash! Gotta be some of the biggest rat nests ever!" - Bryan Howard, original poster, April 1st)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some decent titles. For the right price I’d take it 100%

#4025 2 years ago

P U K E !

Quoted from Velluminous:

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Absolutely NOT.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

One of the few times you don't want to crank too tight on the ratchet straps. Cabinet may burst .

#4028 2 years ago

Well, this was a fun experience for me...one of the pipes burst in my house, and it just so happens that the pipe that did blow was near my machines.

And, well...let's just hope I can prevent major warping.

Any advice? Haha...ha...

20220409_194231 (resized).jpg20220409_194231 (resized).jpg20220409_194334 (resized).jpg20220409_194334 (resized).jpg

#4029 2 years ago

The MVP of the pipe burst shit storm...my Keith Holbrook Clearcoated NOS Whirlwind playfield took the brunt of the water BUT....it had been wrapped in plastic and took only a few hits on the corners. PHEW!

20220409_194558 (resized).jpg20220409_194558 (resized).jpg

#4030 2 years ago

Water in my basement (and therefore near my games) is my absolute first-world nightmare. Here's hoping you've dodged disaster!

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Water in my basement (and therefore near my games) is my absolute first-world nightmare. Here's hoping you've dodged disaster!

Doubtful on the Sky Jump as the front part of the cabinet and inside where the coin box was did have water on the edge. The Whirlwind I have has been through the mill as was left outside under a tarp for years and years from its previous owner. So for it this is probably small time stuff lol.

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Doubtful on the Sky Jump as the front part of the cabinet and inside where the coin box was did have water on the edge. The Whirlwind I have has been through the mill as was left outside under a tarp for years and years from its previous owner. So for it this is probably small time stuff lol.

Wipe it down and get the heat gun out! Glue whatever warps

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wipe it down and get the heat gun out! Glue whatever warps

Got a fan, demudifier going, and my dad blasted out the bits of water with an air compressor.

Looks like the majority of any water damage hit the front of the cabinets, with Sky Jump taking the hardest hit.

The Whirlwind playfield was sitting on top of the Sky Jump at the time, so that actually took the biggest hit, but man that plastic wrap, so glad I did not remove it.

#4034 2 years ago

The ultimate irony...my Surf 'n Safari, themed around a water park, did not get a drop on it lol.

#4035 2 years ago

Sorry to hear. Hope all works out. If a machine gets damaged, check with insurance. Might be surprised.

#4036 2 years ago

So fortunately, it wasn't a burst pipe that was spraying everywhere, but a pipe fixture that broke up in the bathroom above. Still sucks, but it means the water wasn't spraying everywhere and instead was concentrated to one particular spot, aka the front part of the Whirlwind and Sky Jump.

Things are drying out pretty well right now.

1 week later
#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Look at the bottom…
[quoted image]

A friend of mine went to see this one. They literally cut out a corner of the cabinet from front to back (including half the coin door) in order to mount it to a beam in a cafe.

#4038 2 years ago

Mike Dymus shares some bad times at the Holiday Plaza Arcade.

Get out the popcorn... or wait, you might not be able to eat..

#4039 2 years ago

He is a pinsider! Shenanigander ! I bought my first machine from him Centigrade 37! Great guy!

Quoted from Neal_W:

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

He is a pinsider! Shenanigander ! I bought my first machine from him Centigrade 37! Great guy!

Yup, he used to have a great podcast as well. Here is the link announcing his youtube channel -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shenanigans-a-youtube-channel

#4041 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You know they are Canadian when they pull the Chexx bubble hockey table out first...haha

#4042 2 years ago

I’d still buy it all

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Is this for real?!

looks like someone may have got kicked to the curb by wifey but I hope not.

#4046 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

looks like someone may have got kicked to the curb by wifey but I hope not.

Yes, I guess it does look that way!

#4047 1 year ago

How about this one?

IMG_20220419_175928 (resized).jpgIMG_20220419_175928 (resized).jpgIMG_20220420_133353 (resized).jpgIMG_20220420_133353 (resized).jpgIMG_20220420_133514 (resized).jpgIMG_20220420_133514 (resized).jpg
#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

How about this one?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes, someone was pretty determined to install a post

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is herbertbsharp’s game he just picked up.
This local op complained that the Stern start buttons don’t always flash.
It was explained to him that they only flash when you have credits and can start a game.
So this genius decided that sucks and he swapped out a perfectly good button (THAT SAYS START) and put a goofy flipper button there and WROTE “start” on the cabinet.
An absolute WTF moment because we coached this guy through the concept several times before he “modified” it anyway. You can’t make it up

Wow. Seems like a deleted scene from Idiocracy! What next, Sharpie the playfield between the flippers to say to say "don't let the ball go down there"?

#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

How about this one?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And right in the crotch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 29.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.