Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
There are 5,482 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 110.
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I didn't notice a tiny zip tie from the speaker wires in the way as I secured it to the panel.

this just plain old sucks .....

#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I found it interesting the recovery pictures. Wonder what the survival or parts recovery is.

When I first viewed the one picture I assumed total lost.

The safe assumption is the water was even higher and starting to recede.

Super Storm Sandy redux. Water damaged pins are still popping up time to time on CL.

#3903 2 years ago

Found this in Ocala Florida
He only let me take 2 pictures floor to ceiling with EM’s VERY SAD DAY......

BB86F594-B6E7-4166-BF89-B3F5656B31F9 (resized).jpegBB86F594-B6E7-4166-BF89-B3F5656B31F9 (resized).jpegC13A63A0-6F5A-4F80-9F76-22859E3CA065 (resized).jpegC13A63A0-6F5A-4F80-9F76-22859E3CA065 (resized).jpeg
#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Yeah, it’s a CPR playfield. I will admit the clear is some of the worst I’ve seen during a swap

What is wrong with the clear? What is "worst" about it? It looks good in the pic.

#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from vinnypeppers:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to assume termites.

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is wrong with the clear? What is "worst" about it? It looks good in the pic.

CPR's clear is spotty. My Meteor was terrible, felt like ridged potato chips. Had to had it recleared anyway because of the missing text. The Mystic and Stars are gorgeous though.

They never claimed to be what people mean when they say 'clear' at this point though, it's supposed to be on par with what came out originally, and for that it is. Production process will never match what giving days of attention to a single playfield would be though.

As long as you can't feel the layers of ink through the clear I'm ok with it. Slatherclear sometimes ends up being too fast, my Earthshaker with Bill Davis clear is still so fast after 15 years that the balls sometimes end up in the shooterlane from a sling ping-pong.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

As long as you can't feel the layers of ink through the clear I'm ok with it

This is where I am at now. I got past the perfection stage when I thought about how once the lights are on and the play field glass is on the slight imperfections cannot be seen.

That said, my CPR Catacomb play field is about as close to perfect as a clear coat can be.

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is a pile of flood pictures over in the Haggis thread and not a murmur of protest, any sympathy I may have had for personal pictures being posted has evaporated.

I'm surprised the moderator who deleted my picture isn't over there saving the world from the owner's shame and disappointment! Flexing that authority!

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm surprised the moderator who deleted my picture isn't over there saving the world from the owner's shame and disappointment! Flexing that authority!

They totally should have pulled it. If the person who took that picture asks for it to be deleted you just remove it. No questions asked. Doesn't mater why. Unless you took the picture yourself why do you think it's ok for you to decide if it should stay up or be shared even more?

#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

They totally should have pulled it. If the person who took that picture asks for it to be deleted you just remove it. No questions asked. Doesn't mater why. Unless you took the picture yourself why do you think it's ok for you to decide if it should stay up or be shared even more?

You gonna spend all that energy chasing down pictures on the internet that you feel aren't supposed to be there.. then all the power to ya! Whatever blows your hair back i guess. Seems pointless and borderline idiotic imo. But seriously, you're arguing about pictures of flooded toys.. there's real life shit problems going on in the world that are much worse than this. Even photographs of it on the internet. I think we might be living in a simulation if this is what's grinding your gears.

#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You gonna spend all that energy chasing down pictures on the internet that you feel aren't supposed to be there.. then all the power to ya! Whatever blows your hair back i guess. Seems pointless and borderline idiotic imo. But seriously, you're arguing about pictures of flooded toys.. there's real life shit problems going on in the world that are much worse than this. Even photographs of it on the internet. I think we might be living in a simulation if this is what's grinding your gears.

I'm not chasing down any pictures and this really doesn't affect me. My only point was that if the person who takes a picture sees someone else posting it (who did not take the picture) and asks politely to take it down then you just remove it. Could have been a picture of their cat, etc. Doesn't matter. Really straightforward and has nothing to do with pinball. If you feel differently then you do.

Totally agree there are much worse things going on and I hope those all get better.

I'll let the thread get back on topic.

#3912 2 years ago

We need more detail on this one!

#3913 2 years ago

Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm going to assume termites.

Strongly agree. Termites for days.

#3914 2 years ago

I apologize to anyone hurt by these pics.

pinball_horror (resized).jpgpinball_horror (resized).jpgpinball_horror_2 (resized).jpgpinball_horror_2 (resized).jpg
#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I apologize to anyone hurt by these pics.

There’s still a couple hundred bucks worth of parts in that sad, sad Kings & Queens cabinet. Part it out!

#3916 2 years ago

Break out the Evaporust?

#3917 2 years ago

And pixie dust!

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

There’s still a couple hundred bucks worth of parts in that sad, sad Kings & Queens cabinet. Part it out!

Seriously? What's still good there?
EDIT: I'll go try to get this beast if there are actual parts people need.

#3919 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You could probably get a nickel for that Coors Light can.

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

The lockdown bar, the shooter rod, push up rod and the whole push up rod assembly including that little concave ball trough in the side. They should all clean up just fine.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I would be interested in the back play field "W" support brackets. Bring them with you next trip to Great Bend.

And it looks like the lockdown bar is there. So get that and the lockdown receiver.

Score motor, maybe?

#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Break out the Evaporust?

That and some hammertone paint.

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Basically anything not wood or glass (wiring, metal parts, etc) would have value beyond scrap for someone restoring their machine.

#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Wedgehead parts are always in need. A lot of that stuff is unobtainium. A lot of evaporust and a decent rattle can may be the final piece that someone needs to bring their game back to life!

I know it seems crazy, but those old junk pins have tons of hard to find parts. ALWAYS buy/take rotten cabs, they may help your local crazy Pinhead!

#3925 2 years ago

Well, ok, I'm scheduled to go grab it tonight. I'll part it out and put the parts up in an ad shortly after. PM me if you want to jump the line, I suppose.
cottonm4 I have managed to avoid Great Bend for most of a decade. I did hang out in the Rusty Needle in Hutch and played on their PotC.

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Well, ok, I'm scheduled to go grab it tonight. I'll part it out and put the parts up in an ad shortly after. PM me if you want to jump the line, I suppose.
cottonm4 I have managed to avoid Great Bend for most of a decade. I did hang out in the Rusty Needle in Hutch and played on their PotC.

Hutch is even better. I go over for the state fair. It is a nice Sunday drive.

#3927 2 years ago

You told me to get this!

20220312_134656 (resized).jpg20220312_134656 (resized).jpg
#3928 2 years ago

Zoinks
Now get rid of it
LOL

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You told me to get this!

...but, we were kidding! OMG. Why did you do it?

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You told me to get this!
[quoted image]

It looks like it just needs a fuse.

#3931 2 years ago

Sterilize the minivan!

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Why did you do it?

People seemed pretty adamant. Dude was actually pretty cool. I'll be cracking open a fresh jug of evaporust to save some of these parts.

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You told me to get this!
[quoted image]

Was the can of Coors Light okay?

#3934 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You told me to get this!
[quoted image]

Good Lord! I hope you drove home with the back door open….that thing looks ripe!

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

He was so nice that I let him keep the beer can.

#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You told me to get this!

OK, now all you have to do is remove the metal parts, take photos of them and trash the cabinet.

#3937 2 years ago

The bell and bell knocker bracket is also worth its weight in gold.

#3938 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Lmao!

#3939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

The bell and bell knocker bracket is also worth its weight in gold.

Thanks for speaking up! The rest of you ragging on that parts cabinet are missing the hundreds of dollars in completely unobtainium parts.
Beggars can’t be choosers when you need stuff that hasn’t been produced in 50 years!!

ThatOneDude is a legit and deserves a round on us for getting those parts to the community!
Make a nice planter out of the cabinet to let your neighbors know you’re the crazy pin guy

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah fuck that guy. Saw that and will never deal with him because of that video.

that was the best video ever! I love him because of the stuff he used to toss off the roof! That was genius!

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Thanks for speaking up! The rest of you ragging on that parts cabinet are missing the hundreds of dollars in completely unobtainium parts.
Beggars can’t be choosers when you need stuff that hasn’t been produced in 50 years!!
ThatOneDude is a legit and deserves a round on us for getting those parts to the community!
Make a nice planter out of the cabinet to let your neighbors know you’re the crazy pin guy

It is surprising how many people get their panties in a wad because of some rotted wood on what is a parts pin only.

What you said: Beggers can't be choosers.

I am not an EM guy but I would think some of the cloth wrapped wiring might have some value, too. And possibly the Jones plugs?

#3942 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

that was the best video ever! I love him because of the stuff he used to toss off the roof! That was genius!

Holy necropost, Batman! That was 6 YEARS AGO!

#3943 2 years ago

Evaporust is like magic.

20220314_090702 (resized).jpg20220314_090702 (resized).jpg
#3944 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Evaporust is like magic.
[quoted image]

They look good.

The rust can come back. A cheap way to help slow it down is to spray on some spray can clear.

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Evaporust is like magic.
[quoted image]

If you have a wire wheel you could clean those up and they would look like new.

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Evaporust is like magic.

Can you show us the after pictures too?

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

#3948 2 years ago

I can’t believe how good that stuff works!

#3949 2 years ago

These are definitely not horror pics!

#3950 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

How about a before pic?

275681489_491182969133744_5701073904497155478_n (resized).jpg275681489_491182969133744_5701073904497155478_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,482 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/79?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.