IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 110.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They are location pins. To help with paying the rent. How well do they play?
My OP friend would go for those beaters. His logic is high wear suggest those pins take in lots of quarters. They are his money makers. His bread and butter. To him, a pinball machine is nothing more than a tool. And tools that get used show wear.

Truth.
Pinball machines are made to earn money.
They were never ever meant to be a collectors item like they are today.
Earn their money, when too much trouble arises or too little income - to the scrap they go.
Picked up a HUO ToM in absolutely fantastic condition today and it’s honestly a bit bizarre how we handled that ToM like it’s worth it’s weight in gold (well it almost is!) yet what they were meant to do it just get slapped in a truck, thrown out at location and earn money with little to zero care for its overall shape, often well abused in transit even before they made it to location.

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Holy crap!!! I’m amazed the machine looked so good and yet the playfield ripped apart like papier-mâché

Lol, this was my dad's machine. GranpaDave I know you have a video of this floating around too you should post here. Everything about the machine from the outside was flawless, just the inside was severely messed up.

Trent as always was an amazing distributor and took care of it quickly and cleanly. He's an awesome guy for sure and it's fun when we get to play pinball with him every once in a while. When we went to him to swap out the Beatles machine, he had some new rush pros at his place and let us play and we almost made him late for his league night

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

It's just a flesh wound.

Some wood hardener applied with a trowel, right back in service.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Just a little wood glue and Novus, it'll be good as new
[quoted image]

Which ocean bottom did they pull that up from?

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Which ocean bottom did they pull that up from?

I believe it is the one Leonardo was playing with when he met Rose on the titanic? Lol

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I believe it is the one Leonardo was playing with when he met Rose on the titanic? Lol

14605666 (resized).jpg14605666 (resized).jpg
#3858 2 years ago

It’s been 84 years, and I can still hear the chimes and bells on that beautiful game.

#3859 2 years ago

I talked to the guy a bit, he told me he was helping an old lady clean out her yard and it got left outside when it stopped working. Someone local is grabbing it to try to restore it, which is amazing to me but glad it didn't get thrown away

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:Truth.
Pinball machines are made to earn money.
They were never ever meant to be a collectors item like they are today.
Earn their money, when too much trouble arises or too little income - to the scrap they go.
Picked up a HUO ToM in absolutely fantastic condition today and it’s honestly a bit bizarre how we handled that ToM like it’s worth it’s weight in gold (well it almost is!) yet what they were meant to do it just get slapped in a truck, thrown out at location and earn money with little to zero care for its overall shape, often well abused in transit even before they made it to location.

... sorry. Just had to:
Pinball Change-My-Mind (resized).jpgPinball Change-My-Mind (resized).jpg

#3861 2 years ago

I made a bit of a mess out of a new playfield today. I was installing a guide, and the hammer slipped and caught it at an angle. E11C2D43-F897-4432-B5D4-458D70E247B7 (resized).jpegE11C2D43-F897-4432-B5D4-458D70E247B7 (resized).jpeg

I was at least able to find the chips and used CA glue to put them back in. It’s still a mess, but not as noticeable.
F585ABC2-E05F-433A-B3D5-AC66AEE4AECF (resized).jpegF585ABC2-E05F-433A-B3D5-AC66AEE4AECF (resized).jpeg

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I made a bit of a mess out of a new playfield today. I was installing a guide, and the hammer slipped and caught it at an angle. [quoted image]
I was at least able to find the chips and used CA glue to put them back in. It’s still a mess, but not as noticeable.
[quoted image]

Ugh. Sorry. Doesn’t look that bad in the end, though.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

...Someone local is grabbing it to try to restore it, which is amazing...

WHAT?
Restore WHAT?! There’s nothing left to restore!! They’ll be rebuilding a new cabinet, head, ordering a new Backglass and I’m gonna put money on the playfield being warped and ruined.
Parts, absolutely!
Restore? There has to be an underlying item to restore, otherwise it’s a straight up build from bones and scraps!

It’s possible and I commend them, in this crazy pinball market, it’s cheap and it will definitely give the MONTHS of painstaking, tedious pinball “restoration” goodness.

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

... sorry. Just had to:
[quoted image]

Haha, it’s the truth!
With that said, playing on worn out games aren’t even nearly as fun as playing in games in good shape.
Hence why I never play on public games, they’re usually in such poor condition.

#3865 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

That looks like the one I went to look at....the lady was asking $250. Wish I had seen pics before I went there. I didn't even take it for free.

I know at least one dude who'd buy it. I mean as long as you're there....!

#3866 2 years ago

Removed by request.

#3867 2 years ago

Oh wow! Terrible!

Quoted from LesManley:This was posted out of Austrailia today...
[quoted image]

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This was posted out of Austrailia today...
[quoted image]

I just can't upvote that, too painful to look at. And a Lebowski, of all things.

#3869 2 years ago

Damn, that must have been a real horror pic to warrant removing!

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Damn, that must have been a real horror pic to warrant removing!

It was. I can't imagine the stress that the person is under for no fault of their own. I was very nicely asked to remove the picture and had absolutely no problem doing so. I wish the owner nothing but the best in a horrible situation.

#3871 2 years ago

Ooooh, I see now. Damn

#3872 2 years ago

It was probably the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Really feel bad for that person. Hope they are able to recover and rebuild soon!

#3873 2 years ago

This photo? It's posted in other threads on pinside. It's just a photo of luxury toys destroyed by a natural occurrence.

[Removed]

#3874 2 years ago

Brings back bad memories of the PAPA flood.

#3875 2 years ago

I would expect with new lower cabinets those can and will be rebuilt. Sucks but those are worth salvaging. Last year there was bad flooding in the area near me and a few people had completely flooded basements when a pumping station failed. I looked at a Hurricane that was completely submerged. That may have been worth rebuilding but the owner after opening up the machine to let it dry out made the huge mistake of placing the playfield on the prop rod. Dried totally warped and twisted. With everything else needed that one is pretty much toast. I still need to reach back out to make sure they don’t toss it.

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This photo? It's posted in other threads on pinside. And who cares if he cares. It's just a photo of luxury toys destroyed by a natural occurrence.
[quoted image]

Who cares if he cares he says...

It's me and my experience. I'm a person and experiencing this was one of the worst things my family has been through and is still going through.

You're pretty selfish saying who cares, when the wound is fresh, the insurance is in progress and when I've politely asked not to share a photo I took myself and showed a friend of a personal and painful event less than 36 hours old.

This photo I took that belongs to me, of my home, was never meant for public until I'm ready to share it. But of course nobody asked before they posted it.

If you ever go through something like this, let's hope for your sake people are better people to you than 'who cares'.

There's always one... you do you.

Reporting your post, maybe a mod will respect another's situation.

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

It's me and my experience. I'm a person and experiencing this was one of the worst things my family has been through and is still going through.
You're pretty selfish saying who cares, when the wound is fresh, the insurance is in progress and when I've politely asked not to share a photo I took myself and showed a friend of a personal and painful event less than 36 hours old.
This photo I took that belongs to me, of my home, was never meant for public until I'm ready to share it. But of course nobody asked before they posted it.
If you ever go through something like this, let's hope for your sake people are better people to you than 'who cares'.

That's tough to see, especially when you realize the kids toys are floating there amongst all your other possessions. My heart goes out to you and I hope you are your family are all safe and healthy, and wish you the best of luck with your rebuilding process.

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

I hope the poster pulls that picture or it gets removed. If you don't want your picture shared it shouldn't be. It should be up to you if you eventually want it posted or not. That is truly an awful thing to happen and no one should have to go through that. It's not just the pins but everything. Hope you can save some things and recover.

#3879 2 years ago

Thanks. It was rooms and rooms of furniture, appliances, books, beds, clothes, toys, memories.

The machines are precious to me but it's a fraction of the story and it isn't something I intended on advertising, especially not hours within beginning to rebuild.

It's a long road ahead of us. But we are working hard and the main thing is all the family is safe.

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

This photo I took that belongs to me, of my home, was never meant for public until I'm ready to share it.

Not to be a dick in clearly what is a trying time for you (the picture makes me cringe and it isn't just the pins) but I learned long ago if you don't want a picture shared the best thing to do is not share it at all.

Ran a website for decades and would chase people down for theft & reuse of my clearly watermarked images and finally decided it was a fools errand. The only way to keep people from helping themselves was to stop posting my work. Once it leaves your hands, just assume everyone and anyone will see it and use it as they see fit, regardless of what you think.

Sorry for the damage to your home, hope the insurance company makes good on the damages.

#3881 2 years ago

That's not how it works. If you dont want something shared with someone from another continent on the other side of the globe... then don't post the picture on the world wide internet. I've seen this photo on other websites before i seen it on pinside. I hope you and your family are ok but a flooded pinball machine is not the end of the world. They can all be replaced

#3882 2 years ago

I didn't post it on the worldwide internet. Someone else did.

But I've done as much as I can. I'm asking you politely to please remove it.

You don't care. That's your character.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks. It was rooms and rooms of furniture, appliances, books, beds, clothes, toys, memories.
The machines are precious to me but it's a fraction of the story and it isn't something I intended on advertising, especially not hours within beginning to rebuild.
It's a long road ahead of us. But we are working hard and the main thing is all the family is safe.

Very sad. We had a tree fall on our house in a 2018 wind storm and the damage wasn’t even a small fraction of what you are dealing with. Nobody was hurt, which was the most important thing. Our biggest immediate concern was securing the roof to prevent further water damage. Water can do such tremendous damage. I’m ok sharing this pic, as the house was repaired and the 4 pins directly under the tree somehow avoided harm. I hope you get fair compensation and can restore your home.

81EBB07A-E692-4DEC-89A8-F0073A571DE2 (resized).png81EBB07A-E692-4DEC-89A8-F0073A571DE2 (resized).png
#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Why do you keep telling everyone the details on pinside? If this is one of the worst things you've experienced & don't want others to know about than quit telling everyone about it! Btw, the person who posted it last nite in our group chat isn't even a pinside member! It's already out there. Glad you and your family are ok. Best of luck

#3885 2 years ago

It’s a terrible situation you are in! I hope you and your family get through this quickly! Hopefully you didn’t lose anything that can’t be replaced! Best of luck!

Quoted from visualmagic:Who cares if he cares he says...

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

I didn't post it on the worldwide internet. Someone else did.

Well, now you know for sure who not to pass your inner most secrets to in the future.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Good luck.
I got water in my basement a few months ago, it was so little water as I caught it immediately (and spent the whole Sunday-Monday, 23h straight, throwing out buckets of water) and it never got high enough to do any big damage.
Yet I’ve needed to redo every single wall in my basement.
So little water, so little damage yet such tremendous amount of work. I can’t ever imagine what your going through.

#3888 2 years ago

Yeah that’s terrible was that a hurricane or some sort of huge rainfall amount?

Anyways hope you come out better then started in the end

#3889 2 years ago

Just to get this thread back on track.

AE1CB5D4-A394-4E99-BA75-346958D5D4E4 (resized).jpegAE1CB5D4-A394-4E99-BA75-346958D5D4E4 (resized).jpeg
#3890 2 years ago

J1 looking toasty!

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I made a bit of a mess out of a new playfield today. I was installing a guide, and the hammer slipped and caught it at an angle. [quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's a.. repro playfield? New? Is that really what the CC looks like on these? :/

I feel your pain on the install error. Happened to me when installing a clearcoated NOS P*B field, it's crazy difficult to avoid an oops here and there even when you're being careful.

Richard

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

That's a.. repro playfield? New? Is that really what the CC looks like on these? :/
I feel your pain on the install error. Happened to me when installing a clearcoated NOS P*B field, it's crazy difficult to avoid an oops here and there even when you're being careful.
Richard

When I went on a JJP factory tour a number of years ago, they some sort of eva foam mat covering the playfield surface while it was being worked on to avoid damage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-open-house-tour#post-1867920

eva foam is cheap. It might be worthwhile for playfield swappers to use to help protect the playfield they're working on in case of accidental screwdriver mishaps or whatnot.

#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When I went on a JJP factory tour a number of years ago, they some sort of eva foam mat covering the playfield surface while it was being worked on to avoid damage.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-open-house-tour#post-1867920
eva foam is cheap. It might be worthwhile for playfield swappers to use to help protect the playfield they're working on in case of accidental screwdriver mishaps or whatnot.

Great photos and awesome job sharing them back then. I had never seen them until now. They really help you appreciate the work and costs that go into making a game like WOZ. I remember how frustrated people were back in 2012-13 waiting on that game. For a first effort, WOZ is an incredible achievement. I bought my first pin in spring, 2016 and it was a WOZ standard, nib with shaker and invisiglass. I knew nothing about pinball, but WOZ looked the most dazzling to me, and it was new, so I figured it would be less upkeep. I never regretted it. I kept that game 4 years, and should have kept it longer.

#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Great photos and awesome job sharing them back then. I had never seen them until now. They really help you appreciate the work and costs that go into making a game like WOZ. I remember how frustrated people were back in 2012-13 waiting on that game. For a first effort, WOZ is an incredible achievement. I bought my first pin in spring, 2016 and it was a WOZ standard, nib with shaker and invisiglass. I knew nothing about pinball, but WOZ looked the most dazzling to me, and it was new, so I figured it would be less upkeep. I never regretted it. I kept that game 4 years, and should have kept it longer.

I have yet to own a WOZ, but I still want one. Just haven't found the right deal yet.

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Richard

Yeah, it’s a CPR playfield. I will admit the clear is some of the worst I’ve seen during a swap, and I’ve done a few swaps. It may be time for me to learn to do my own playfield clearing. I’ve got the equipment, and five or six playfields I could practice on.

7CDC8018-43DC-4484-933E-30BC55721807 (resized).jpeg7CDC8018-43DC-4484-933E-30BC55721807 (resized).jpeg
#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have yet to own a WOZ, but I still want one. Just haven't found the right deal yet.

It’s tough in this market. I hope you find one. I sold mine to a friend pretty cheap in early 2020 before the market started to take off. They go for almost double that much today, especially an EC or Ruby 75th edition.

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s tough in this market. I hope you find one. I sold mine to a friend pretty cheap in early 2020 before the market started to take off. They go for almost double that much today, especially an EC or Ruby 75th edition.

Yeah, prices were coming down somewhat, but then they went back up like a rocket ship, so chances at a screaming deal are probably quite low right now. I don't really have a specific edition I'm after, as long as it's not the yellow edition with the missing mech. I've been waiting this long, so I'm sure I can wait some more.

#3898 2 years ago

The other day I was bored and wanted to see how a lcd color dmd would look in one of my machines. So I took the screen out of one machine and installed it into another. I didn't notice a tiny zip tie from the speaker wires in the way as I secured it to the panel.

20220219_153825 (resized).jpg20220219_153825 (resized).jpg
#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Why do you keep telling everyone the details on pinside? If this is one of the worst things you've experienced & don't want others to know about than quit telling everyone about it! Btw, the person who posted it last nite in our group chat isn't even a pinside member! It's already out there. Glad you and your family are ok. Best of luck

There is a pile of flood pictures over in the Haggis thread and not a murmur of protest, any sympathy I may have had for personal pictures being posted has evaporated.

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is a pile of flood pictures over in the Haggis thread and not a murmur of protest, any sympathy I may have had for personal pictures being posted has evaporated.

I found it interesting the recovery pictures. Wonder what the survival or parts recovery is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 25.95
£ 195.00
$ 12.95
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/78?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.