IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 110.
#3651 2 years ago

Ohh, indoor fishing pond!

#3652 2 years ago

This High Speed I got today... First frog I've found in a pin!

IMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0617 (resized).JPGIMG_0617 (resized).JPGIMG_0619 (resized).JPGIMG_0619 (resized).JPG
#3653 2 years ago
#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow hey I hope u didn't pay a lot for it

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Wow hey I hope u didn't pay a lot for it

$300. Boardset is clean, hasn't been scavenged for parts, PF should clean up reasonably well. I'll find or make a new cab for it and have a beater player for cheap.

#3656 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

$300. Boardset is clean, hasn't been scavenged for parts, PF should clean up reasonably well. I'll find or make a new cab for it and have a beater player for cheap.

That's great price then can't beat that nice going

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Wow, I've never seen a swimming pool inside a pin before.

#3658 2 years ago

Wow lol great buy tho

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Is that frog dead? Looks weird as hell.
I’m absolutely astounded the playfield isn’t warped or bowed due to moisture. How long had it sat outside?
Terribly sad and outrageous people do stupid stuff like that!

Shoulda offered $50 for it. Still, congrats on the pickup, good luck getting it up and running again! Paint a frog on the new cabinet for good luck!

#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is that frog dead? Looks weird as hell.
I’m absolutely astounded the playfield isn’t warped or bowed due to moisture. How long had it sat outside?
Terribly sad and outrageous people do stupid stuff like that!
Shoulda offered $50 for it. Still, congrats on the pickup, good luck getting it up and running again! Paint a frog on the new cabinet for good luck!

The frog was extremely dead.

Not sure how long it'd been out there. It was on the property when the current owner bought it, and they said that was a year ago. The wiring harness area exposed by the backbox being down was UV faded, which says to me several years as this is not exactly a sunny climate and the spot it was in had partial shade. There are some old batteries kicking around in the bottom cab, I'll have to look at the date on them.

$300 was the guy's ask and I thought it was fair enough I didn't balk. Just the playfield with all the trimmings is worth that, and there's plenty more to salvage beyond that.

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

The frog was extremely dead.

Didn´t know there were levels of dead, but it sure looks extremely dead and dry

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

but it sure looks extremely dead and dry

And mouldy.

#3663 2 years ago

The frog is good luck.

#3664 2 years ago

It’s a sign he will get that thing hopping again

#3665 2 years ago

I had a small hope I might be able to save the plywood parts of the backbox at least. But nope, it was rotten and had delaminated in several places, and started falling apart while I was inspecting it. So I broke that down today and found some more horror, but also good news. Mold, mildew, backglass chunks, and some spiders to go with my frog... But take a look at those boards! No fuses blown or obvious fried transistors either, just a couple old repairs.

There was some tape and pieces of 3M sheeting along the edges of the backbox front that I noticed too. I'm thinking the backglass getting smashed was what saw it put out to pasture and this machine was working or not far from it at the time.

The bottom cabinet is drying out nicely and I think might be able to save it, at least til I can find something better.

IMG_0620 (resized).JPGIMG_0620 (resized).JPGIMG_0621 (resized).JPGIMG_0621 (resized).JPGIMG_0625 (resized).JPGIMG_0625 (resized).JPGIMG_0630 (resized).JPGIMG_0630 (resized).JPGIMG_0631 (resized).JPGIMG_0631 (resized).JPG

#3666 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

I had a small hope I might be able to save the plywood parts of the backbox at least. But nope, it was rotten and had delaminated in several places, and started falling apart while I was inspecting it. So I broke that down today and found some more horror, but also good news. Mold, mildew, backglass chunks, and some spiders to go with my frog... But take a look at those boards! No fuses blown or obvious fried transistors either, just a couple old repairs.
There was some tape and pieces of 3M sheeting along the edges of the backbox front that I noticed too. I'm thinking the backglass getting smashed was what saw it put out to pasture and this machine was working or not far from it at the time.
The bottom cabinet is drying out nicely and I think might be able to save it, at least til I can find something better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, look at the bright side.
At least there’s not batteries that leaked all over the board set.

#3667 2 years ago

Not mine... from the r and m thread.

9bc441a3558f2c03efdb46d659a5d49ce9bd2fee (resized).jpg9bc441a3558f2c03efdb46d659a5d49ce9bd2fee (resized).jpg
#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

Years from now you'll still be finding shards of tempered glass in that machine. Trust me.

#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

How?! Did someone throw a beer stein at it?! Looks like it started from the center, you rarely see that, especially if you’ve watched the video of the guys hitting pinball tempered glass with a hammer and it NOT shattering

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How?! Did someone throw a beer stein at it?! Looks like it started from the center, you rarely see that, especially if you’ve watched the video of the guys hitting pinball tempered glass with a hammer and it NOT shattering

Maybe it was in that arcade where the guy went crazy with an Axe and smashed all the games.

https://kotaku.com/axe-wielding-man-locked-people-inside-arcade-smashed-g-1848214957

#3671 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Maybe it was in that arcade where the guy went crazy with an Axe and smashed all the games.
https://kotaku.com/axe-wielding-man-locked-people-inside-arcade-smashed-g-1848214957

That was wild. Dude called himself “The Wolf” and said he was with the cartel and showed up naked. Fricking crackheads man

#3673 2 years ago

No playfield pictures? It looks like they are purposefully avoiding pictures of that and the overall machine.

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

No playfield pictures? It looks like they are purposefully avoiding pictures of that and the overall machine.

But 4 pics of the head... obviously the rest of the game will perfect

You do get a bit of a clue what the playfield is like:

Screenshot_20220110-235341_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220110-235341_Facebook (resized).jpg

There appears to be some paint left around the sling-shot where the ball can't roll... so all is not lost!

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from Redwizard000:Just needs a little cleanup

and a Fuse ......looks like the fire started in the coin box

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from the9gman:

and a Fuse ......looks like the fire started in the coin box

It's cool. He knocked $60 of the asking price to cover the damage (down from $600).

#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from Redwizard000:

It's cool. He knocked $60 of the asking price to cover the damage (down from $600).

So did you buy this? Did you manage to get pics of the playfield?

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

So did you buy this? Did you manage to get pics of the playfield?

lol, no. His add shows $600 and it is crossed out and says $540. So he has lowered the price.

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from Redwizard000:

lol, no. His add shows $600 and it is crossed out and says $540. So he has lowered the price.

You had me going there for a minute!

#3681 2 years ago

You had me going there for a minute!

I am not that big of a masochist

#3682 2 years ago

I asked the seller of the Home Run if he could send pics of the playfield and cabinet since I might be interested in buying it... eventually, after sending a pic of the playfield where it was impossible to even see the playfield due to reflections from, and dust on, the glass, which I had to point out to him, he eventually sent pics where the playfield is actually visible... I told him that my artistic skills are not sufficient to re-paint the missig artwork and he should sell it to a guy he said had already offered $500 for it... apparently this guy had not seen the playfield pics he sent me, but did know the condition because the seller told him "it needs refurbishment"... to the seller, that phrase is all that's needed to tell a potential buyer that there is virtually no paint left on the playfield!

I would love to see what happens if someone turns up to buy this without actually seeing these pics!!

Screenshot_20220113-180506_One UI Home (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220113-180506_One UI Home (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220113-180546_One UI Home (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220113-180546_One UI Home (resized).jpg
#3683 2 years ago

I asked the seller of the Home Run if he could send pics of the playfield and cabinet since I might be interested in buying it... eventually, after sending a pic of the playfield where it was impossible to even see the playfield due to reflections from, and dust on, the glass, which I had to point out to him, he eventually sent pics where the playfield is actually visible... I told him that my artistic skills are not sufficient to re-paint the missig artwork and he should sell it to a guy he said had already offered $500 for it... apparently this guy had not seen the playfield pics he sent me, but did know the condition because the seller told him "it needs refurbishment"... to the seller, that phrase is all that's needed to tell a potential buyer that there is virtually no paint left on the playfield!
I would love to see what happens if someone turns up to buy this without actually seeing these pics!![quoted image][quoted image]

Wher'd all the paint go????

#3684 2 years ago

I would love to see what happens if someone turns up to buy this without actually seeing these pics!![quoted image][quoted image]

Just a little refurbishment...

$500, lol. You would have to pay ME to come pick that up.

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Wher'd all the paint go????

Strange how the bumper caps appear much cleaner than the rest of the playfield.

#3686 2 years ago

How do you get that much buildup under the glass? Is this possibly just the result of the worst damn rodent infestation anyone has seen? They might have pulled the glass to cleanup already.
I can see paint under the....whatever the fuck that brown stuff is. Is it possibly mold?

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I can see paint under the....whatever the fuck that brown stuff is. Is it possibly mold?

My first thought was that damp has caused the paint to simply lift off the playfield and that the brown stuff is the dirty wood underneath, but zooming in I'm now a bit more perplexed as to what I'm looking at!

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

How do you get that much buildup under the glass? Is this possibly just the result of the worst damn rodent infestation anyone has seen? They might have pulled the glass to cleanup already.

I am curious if it is just grime on there, and if it can be cleaned. I wish someone could dig in and find out

#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I wish someone could dig in and find out

Well, I'm in touch with the seller, so I can ask... I did say, however, that I won't be able to repaint the missing art, and he didn't respond saying it's actually dirt and the art is underneath, so it seems like it really is missing... I'll ask directly though...

#3690 2 years ago

Wait! Is that new Old Stock?

#3691 2 years ago

Just a little mold.

171AE86E-25B0-4D67-A8E8-A9F41763DA3B (resized).jpeg171AE86E-25B0-4D67-A8E8-A9F41763DA3B (resized).jpegAD14CF6F-EEC5-4D2E-8FA3-2432F29DEB38 (resized).jpegAD14CF6F-EEC5-4D2E-8FA3-2432F29DEB38 (resized).jpegD1503704-6FC4-482A-8ABB-76339E06F3CF (resized).jpegD1503704-6FC4-482A-8ABB-76339E06F3CF (resized).jpegF1EC8958-3874-4057-9CF8-FCB5590005C3 (resized).jpegF1EC8958-3874-4057-9CF8-FCB5590005C3 (resized).jpeg
#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I wish someone could dig in and find out

So, I asked the seller if it was paint loss or dirt... his response was a little predictable: "it's dirt"... I said that changes things totally... so please clean the dirt off and we can see what the playfield is really like... no reply, obviously... I'm guessing the playfield is almost like new under there!!

#3693 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If it was just 'dirt' as the seller indicates, it would be everywhere. It's not. I am thinking it some kind of mold or other organic deterioration. The paint near the posts and bumpers remains, so perhaps whatever ATE the paint was attracted to the oils and grime that the ball leaves on the playfield? The brown 'mold' seemed to follow every place that the ball touches. Also, I wonder if the glass was left off for "all those years" and only re-glassed recently to take a picture and sell it.

I am very confused to what we are looking at.

#3694 2 years ago

So, I asked the seller if it was paint loss or dirt... his response was a little predictable: "it's dirt"... I said that changes things totally... so please clean the dirt off and we can see what the playfield is really like... no reply, obviously... I'm guessing the playfield is almost like new under there!!

Were all eagerly waiting for the result!

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Were all eagerly waiting for the result!

I would not put it past this guy for him to tell me he's wiped the dirt off, and here's the pic now the dirt is gone... I'm half expecting it in fact!
Screenshot_20220113-220122_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220113-220122_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#3696 2 years ago

I would not put it past this guy for him to tell me he's wiped the dirt of, and here's the pic now the dirt is gone... I'm half expecting it in fact![quoted image]

See, cleaned up real nice. Just needed a little Novus and some elbow grease.

#3697 2 years ago

I would not put it past this guy for him to tell me he's wiped the dirt of, and here's the pic now the dirt is gone... I'm half expecting it in fact![quoted image]

I was just looking at that picture on the machines page. It's a shame because it looks like kinda a neat EM. 2 vari's and a ball launcher from between the flippers.

#3698 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Wait! Is that new Old Stock?

That's how EM Pinball machines came from the factory back in the day. They dumped a layer of protective grime all over the PF.

Didn't you know?

I think $500 might be too low of an asking price.

#3699 2 years ago

LOL

#3700 2 years ago

That is dirt that has gotten moist it’s on the plastics as well. He clearly wiped the pops for some reason but I would say there’s paint under it. Might worth just going to take a look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.