IMG_20240414_135819331.jpg
IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
There are 5,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 110.
#3351 2 years ago

That just has to be an operator repair. Keep that pin earning.

#3352 2 years ago

Moving stuff from my store to my gamesroom at the house I saw this lying on the floor... I seem to be getting into the annoying habit of smashing pinball heads at the moment!! No idea what caused it to fall off the cab it was sitting on!

20210816_214824 (resized).jpg20210816_214824 (resized).jpg20210816_214908 (resized).jpg20210816_214908 (resized).jpg20210816_214924 (resized).jpg20210816_214924 (resized).jpg20210816_215805 (resized).jpg20210816_215805 (resized).jpg

#3353 2 years ago

Dude said his massive dog loved to knaw on the shooter rod. Bonus melted coil from the same game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Moving stuff from my store to my gamesroom at the house I saw this lying on the floor... I seem to be getting into the annoying habit of smashing pinball heads at the moment!! No idea what caused it to fall off the cab it was sitting on!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lucky your back glass did not break on that rare pin.

#3355 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Lucky your back glass did not break on that rare pin.

I forgot to mention that... luckily this game has a plastic backgkass, or it would have been toast!! Very lucky on that front!! Just a bit of wood glue should sort it!

#3356 2 years ago

No idea what caused it to fall off the cab it was sitting on!

Gravity

#3357 2 years ago

That certainly helped, but gravity was acting on it for the last 8 years, but it only fell a few days ago... slow gravity maybe hopefully I've not disturbed a nest of rats while moving things around and they've been scampering around at night looking for another home and bumped into it...

1 week later
#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

If you think this rare Gottlieb Striker looks perfectly fine.... look closer.
Found on a French For Sale-website.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, that's a shame. Striker is an awesome game as it was. Now it looks like just another basic pinball machine.

#3359 2 years ago

Working on a rollergames. The golden standard is set. CF8BB169-09CA-4856-943B-7B35FD23FCD6 (resized).jpegCF8BB169-09CA-4856-943B-7B35FD23FCD6 (resized).jpeg

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Working on a rollergames. The golden standard is set. [quoted image]

Bally Radical:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
For bonus points, the GI was still broken...

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Bally Radical:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
For bonus points, the GI was still broken...

I could substitute pics of a Swords of Fury I just repaired without changing anything in this post. Must be the preferred method in the evil field repair handbook.

ALTHOUGH! The board clearly had to come out to do that, why not just fix it right the first time?!?!?!?!?!

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The board clearly had to come out to do that, why not just fix it right the first time?!?!?!?!?!

Lack of parts was the most common reason way back when. Even with the proper tools a lot of people can't make good crimps on molex pins (no idea why, that).

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Lack of parts was the most common reason way back when. Even with the proper tools a lot of people can't make good crimps on molex pins (no idea why, that).

And speed - game down, money loss. Get it back up and working ASA-freakin'-P.

#3364 2 years ago

Impressive rust bloom on a game I moved from the store today...

20210826_215105 (resized).jpg20210826_215105 (resized).jpg20210826_215140 (resized).jpg20210826_215140 (resized).jpg
#3365 2 years ago

Arrg matey, was that one rinsed with salt water?

#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I could substitute pics of a Swords of Fury I just repaired without changing anything in this post. Must be the preferred method in the evil field repair handbook.
ALTHOUGH! The board clearly had to come out to do that, why not just fix it right the first time?!?!?!?!?!

If it had been soldered a little better (one wire was already loose) I think those terminal blocks and the line cord would handle the current better than the looped IDC so it would have it actually worked around the issue of the connector overheating.

#3367 2 years ago

Impressive rust bloom on a game I moved from the store today...
[quoted image][quoted image]

The mixmaster post from my Dr Dude:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3368 2 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The mixmaster post from my Dr Dude:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like that one mixed one too many.

#3369 2 years ago

The genius I bought my Top Score from was proud that his son in law was able to get it open. Seriously, did he not own a drill or have a brain? He destroyed the coin door, striker plate and lock catch that mounts to the door. Fortunately when I got it he hadn't tried opening the back box. I picture 1" all around of the back box cover left with the center sawzalled out.

IMG_20210826_172327856 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_172327856 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_172351266_BURST010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_172351266_BURST010 (resized).jpg

At least it was already rusty.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Arrg matey, was that one rinsed with salt water?

No, I wasn't cheating!

#3371 2 years ago

Found this beauty in a Williams Can Can.
"Let's just bypass this unnecessary fuse." ‍♂️

That coil got so hot, it charred the wood. I don't know how long it had to cook to do that!!

20160430_182232 (resized).jpg20160430_182232 (resized).jpg20160501_130626 (resized).jpg20160501_130626 (resized).jpg20160501_144444 (resized).jpg20160501_144444 (resized).jpg
#3372 2 years ago

Just pulled Playboy from storage, bought sight-unseen about 5 years ago, was packed in a combination of bin-bags and card board... which were fixed directly to the cabinet with packing tape, there must have been about 2m of packing tape stuck directly to the cabinet artwork... luckily when I pulled it off it only pulled paint off in the black areas, so easy to touch up... looks like the previous owner/operator tried to boost earnings after punters had seen the hidden Stern supplied photos by swapping them for magazine cut-outs stuck to warped bits of plastic using double sided tape... I'm not gonna post what was hiding behind the drop-screen!! Impressive rust and warped plastics for a relatively recent title! At least it actually worked with a decent DMD even!!

20210901_205733 (resized).jpg20210901_205733 (resized).jpg20210901_205754 (resized).jpg20210901_205754 (resized).jpg20210901_205938 (resized).jpg20210901_205938 (resized).jpg20210901_210210 (resized).jpg20210901_210210 (resized).jpg20210902_081222 (resized).jpg20210902_081222 (resized).jpg20210902_081255 (resized).jpg20210902_081255 (resized).jpg

20210902_081439 (resized).jpg20210902_081439 (resized).jpg
#3373 2 years ago

Just pulled Playboy from storage, bought sight-unseen about 5 years ago, was packed in a combination of bin-bags and card board... which were fixed directly to the cabinet with packing tape, there must have been about 2m of packing tape stuck directly to the cabinet artwork... luckily when I pulled it off it only pulled paint off in the black areas, so easy to touch up... looks like the previous owner/operator tried to boost earnings after punters had seen the hidden Stern supplied photos by swapping them for magazine cut-outs stuck to warped bits of plastic using double sided tape... I'm not gonna post what was hiding behind the drop-screen!! Impressive rust and warped plastics for a relatively recent title! At least it actually worked with a decent DMD even!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was this stored in a hot environment?

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Was this stored in a hot environment?

It came from Spain, which can get very hot!! I'm guessing it was on location at a place exposed to direct sunlight, although the colours haven't faded, just crazily warped plastics... a new set has been ordered from Marco.

#3375 2 years ago

It kills me how nobody knew how to spec connectors.
Nothing out of the ordinary for a project pin, but this connector was especially crispy.
Shoutout to Molex and trifurcon pins!

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Nothing out of the ordinary for a project pin, but this connector was especially crispy.
[quoted image]

That’s actually par for the course on ALL Data East games. Their GI was always improperly rated for the amp draw. I just picked up Lethal Weapon and the backbox connector literally crumbled in my hand.

MNF is a fantastic game and you’ll love it

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

Machines were only expected to be around 3 to 5 years, I'd say under that metric it did just fine.

1 month later
#3378 2 years ago

Seen better days.

Thanks to C.J. from FB.

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Seen better days.
Thanks to C.J. from FB.
[quoted image]

Looks like Yukon or Gold Rush

Edit: Gold Rush, it has more than one set of score reels.

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Seen better days.
Thanks to C.J. from FB.
[quoted image]

A little planking but other than that, not bad.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Seen better days.
Thanks to C.J. from FB.
[quoted image]

Parts,parts,parts!. Oh how we loves parts.

#3383 2 years ago

Bought a Phantom of the Opera at an auction sight unseen that was only photographed from this side:
2467 (resized).jpg2467 (resized).jpg
(there were 10 more pics, just not of the left side)

Unpleasant surprise when I came to pick it up
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-08 at 10.53.22 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-08 at 10.53.22 (resized).jpeg

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Bought a Phantom of the Opera at an auction sight unseen that was only photographed from this side:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ugh, that sucks and is terribly dishonest on the part of the auction house. They knew exactly what they were doing.

#3385 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ugh, that sucks and is terribly dishonest on the part of the auction house. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Yep, disgusting. Karma will get these people in the end!

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup, it was definitely intentional, the listing had pics of every angle so I assumed the left side of the cabinet would be in similar condition. And the description mentioned other defects but not this. If the listing had only one pic, I agree that would've been my risk for not going to the viewing day, but here they're just intentionally hiding a massive defect.

Its a rather respectable auction house which I've had a good experience with in the past, so I'm hoping they will come up with some kind of compensation, because this is just unfair

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

File a dispute with your credit card company.

#3388 2 years ago

That’s pretty ridiculous
I agree they should make this right
Oh the other side of the cabinet? Lol.

One would assume the whole game was nice from side pic.
Kind of a big deal lol!!

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What auction house had that listed? There is no excuse not show or disclose an image of that bad side of the game. I could understand if you found an MPU trashed by battery damage or scary hacks under the playfield where they may not have opened it up to look. This is intentional not disclosing the damage to get higher bids. From the picture posted there was no way to expect that surprise. Sorry that happened.

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from koen12344:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Jesus, its legitimately the Phantom of the Opera where one side is normal and the other is disfigured.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Jesus, its legitimately the Phantom of the Opera where one side is normal and the other is disfigured.

Modders dream...

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Yup, it was definitely intentional, the listing had pics of every angle so I assumed the left side of the cabinet would be in similar condition. And the description mentioned other defects but not this. If the listing had only one pic, I agree that would've been my risk for not going to the viewing day, but here they're just intentionally hiding a massive defect.
Its a rather respectable auction house which I've had a good experience with in the past, so I'm hoping they will come up with some kind of compensation, because this is just unfair

If you don’t get satisfaction, out them.

#3393 2 years ago

Looks like they dragged it to the auction on that side.

This sucks and is f'ing dishonest, plain and simple.
Hope you get some kind of rebate.

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It just needs a VERY large mask to cover the left side!

#3395 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you don’t get satisfaction, out them.

Let me correct myself. I first saw these pics on my phone. Now that I am on the PC and can see them full size, out them now. What that auction house did was unprofessional and underhanded. I'd be squealing like a pig. And if I still got no satisfaction I would squeal louder still.

This is becoming my stock answer for shit like this. Light them up on youtube. Like the United Breaks Guitars guy. He got satisfaction from UAL.

You might not be able to write a song, but a title like "so-and-so auction house is a crook" will get some attention, IMO.

Is there an online newspaper for the town this auction house is in? If so, sign up and find the comments pages.

Light them up.

#3396 2 years ago

Unless the OP is spoofing us, he bought the machine somewhere near Schagan, so I doubt "outing them" will cause them many problems stateside. Still sucks for the OP, though. Goes back to what lots of folks are saying about seeing the machine first.

#3397 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Unless the OP is spoofing us, he bought the machine somewhere near Schagan, so I doubt "outing them" will cause them many problems stateside. Still sucks for the OP, though. Goes back to what lots of folks are saying about seeing the machine first.

Yup it was a Dutch auction house. The auction was on behalf of a thrift shop, so they were probably the ones that took the pictures and not the auction house itself. I contacted the auction house and they would contact the seller for a partial refund. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and won't out them if they make it right

I knew I was getting into a project, and you know in advance that such an "auction pin" will have more issues than you can tell from pictures and the description. But I wasn't planning on doing cabinet decals. Luckily the playfield, backglass and electronics aren't that bad

#3398 2 years ago

I think I know why these weren't scoring...

drops (resized).jpgdrops (resized).jpg
#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I think I know why these weren't scoring...
[quoted image]

Maybe if you grease them more?

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Maybe if you grease them more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/68?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.