photo_2021-11-27_21-27-18 (resized).jpg
BG_AFTER (resized).jpg
20200223_091734 (resized).jpg
20211126_091638[1] (resized).jpg
08087568-FF21-4811-A956-95EF9D288F13.jpeg
rudy-pinballcenter (resized).jpg
F8BEE583-F762-4E06-8270-494B962CC691 (resized).jpeg
A477DC5D-E18C-47D2-BC48-424F516726DF (resized).jpeg

There are 3,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 71.
#3201 6 months ago
Quoted from boagman:

To be fair, depending on the playfield and the boardset (if the boards are there), that is a bit of an insult.

If you’re ever in Arizona, hit me up.
I know some people with similar piles of shit that would love to take your money.

#3202 6 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If you’re ever in Arizona, hit me up.
I know some people with similar piles of shit that would love to take your money.

If I had my own vehicle with me, and it was close enough, I'd probably be up for such a thing.

#3203 6 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

No, as I said this was done YESTERDAY.

Just to get the record straight, you did not say that.

As I said some kid came in and was beating the hell out of the game and taking the gun and jamming it up and down in the holster for hours.

You also didn't say that

#3204 6 months ago

Oh boy !!

51CF9221-79B9-4707-9096-7580BF206F27 (resized).png
#3205 6 months ago

It doesn’t grind it down in 12 hours, this isn’t the 90s were arcades were packed. As I said some kid came in and was beating the hell out of the game and taking the gun and jamming it up and down in the holster for hours. Mall security noticed and decided to do nothing as usual.

If it had the correct fastener, it would not be ground down.

There is no way it was shipped from the factory with a piece of threaded rod with no protective covering on it. Bare threads will cut through anything in a short period of time.

There is clearly suppose to be a tube around the bolt.

I'm not excusing the kid, but the protective sleeve isn't there and it was there from the factory for a reason.

s-l400 (resized).jpg
#3206 6 months ago

I had a guy contact me to see if I’d be interested in his “big top” pinball machine. He sent a picture. No thanks, I’ll pass. Not sure what manner of critter or disease is waiting in that game.

C3D5E2E0-8961-4722-9CC0-172EBE69CAA6 (resized).jpeg
#3207 6 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I had a guy contact me to see if I’d be interested in his “big top” pinball machine. He sent a picture. No thanks, I’ll pass. Not sure what manner of critter or disease is waiting in that game.
[quoted image]

It's as if someone just shoveled a bunch of crap in it..

#3208 5 months ago

That title is almost worthless.
And, I can smell it here in MA!

#3209 5 months ago

Not sure where that is, a barn or a house but it is all infested.

#3210 5 months ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Not sure where that is, a barn or a house but it is all infested.

Seller said it was in a barn and that with the glass gone, the game was full of crap from the barn...I assumed he meant stuff, not actual crap...I told him that I wouldn't take it even if he paid me.

#3211 5 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

[quoted image]

That's a Wico pin. It will have the plastic pop bumper housings and plastic pop bumper rings. To buy a new pop bumper set from Pinball Life and then buy the pop rings from Swinks, you are looking at $65.00 each for a pop assembly like these.

A pair of heavy duty dishwashing gloves and a canister style paint mask from Harbor Freight and I would be going for those pops.

#3212 5 months ago

You are a brave man

#3213 5 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

[quoted image]

Why do racoons, etc insist on shitting in old pinball machines? Its like they are drawn to them! Assholes

#3214 5 months ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

You are a brave man

I spent some time growing up on a farm. My grandpa had cows, pigs, chickens, and horses. Shoveling shit was part of the job description.

Besides, all it would take to ge those pops is to toss the play field to the floor, undo 4 screws holding each pop to the play field and cut the coil and switch wire and drop them into a bucket of water and left them soak for awhile.

#3215 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I spent some time growing up on a farm. My grandpa had cows, pigs, chickens, and horses. Shoveling shit was part of the job description.
Besides, all it would take to ge those pops is to toss the play field to the floor, undo 4 screws holding each pop to the play field and cut the coil and switch wire and drop them into a bucket of water and left them soak for awhile.

they are just marinating,hard pass

#3216 5 months ago

Big Top only has one pop and it’s an older style. Wico’s only commercial game Af-Tor came out a several years later and had the plastic pop rings. Nothing of value on that gnarly Big Top.

#3217 5 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Big Top only has one pop and it’s an older style. Wico’s only commercial game Af-Tor came out a several years later and had the plastic pop rings. Nothing of value on that gnarly Big Top.

Thanks for saving me from myself

#3218 5 months ago

Not my pictures.... I saw this on Facebook. He said it was a barn find and actually still worked!

FB_IMG_1622908813061 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1622908815728 (resized).jpg
#3219 5 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

actually still worked

Worked as what, spreading infectious disease?

#3220 5 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Worked as what, spreading infectious disease?

Lights turned on, means it works right?

#3221 5 months ago

I’m fascinated that someone would actually plug that in.

#3222 5 months ago

It only needs a fuse

#3223 5 months ago

Super Bondo to the rescue

#3224 5 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

[quoted image]

Big Crap
No that is surely disease ridden

#3225 5 months ago

Is that a soldering iron in the first photo, ready for a bit of soldering and then its good to go!

#3226 5 months ago

Does this one count as a white wood?

2A10A7E0-A34C-4FC0-94F8-914BCB0BAD51 (resized).jpeg593519C2-AED3-4E65-944C-6B4A8172C89D (resized).jpegED48B982-66FF-4ECD-B5CF-81AE846DC395 (resized).jpeg
#3227 5 months ago

Hinge missing? How about a piece of wood?

20210606_185609 (resized).jpg20210606_185617 (resized).jpg
#3228 5 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I had a guy contact me to see if I’d be interested in his “big top” pinball machine. He sent a picture. No thanks, I’ll pass.

Quoted from PinballAir:

That title is almost worthless.
And, I can smell it here in MA!

Quoted from play_pinball:

I actually still have a very nice one that I restored for my daughter when she was younger. Picked it up as a total shit show. It’s a fun game for kids, and costs next to nothing.

I even powdercoated the legs, which is probably half of what the machine is worth.

I’m absolutely certain no one else on all of Pinside can say they have a restored Wico Big Top. LOL.

036991F8-7D64-4C7D-AF65-BD352804903A (resized).jpegECDEF66F-2CD0-4D44-8C9F-E3C796994C0E (resized).jpegF6073E7D-654F-4192-B0DD-8AACCF0050ED (resized).jpeg
#3229 5 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Not my pictures.... I saw this on Facebook. He said it was a barn find and actually still worked!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it would be a good doner for a restoration project if it’s complete.

#3230 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m absolutely certain no one else on all of Pinside can say they have a restored Wico Big Top. LOL.

Probably the best example on the planet! Didn't realise the playfield was so barren of things to hit... what's that actual strategy in this game?

#3231 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Probably the best example on the planet! Didn't realise the playfield was so barren of things to hit... what's that actual strategy in this game?

You have to get in the subway beneath the top stand up, then lock the first two balls to get Bearded Lady multiball. You can stack modes to get to Greatest Showman on Earth Wizard mode.

Just kidding.

To hit the spinner, and mainly the stand ups to accumulate higher points. That’s about it. Like I said, it’s a good starter game for kids. And it’s only 3/4 size. Pretty much the same as the old home use Bally games.

#3232 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You have to get in the subway beneath the top stand up, then lock the first two balls to get Bearded Lady multiball. You can stack modes to get to Greatest Showman on Earth Wizard mode.

This is out in the universe now. You have to build it.
It's kinda like when I mentioned to someone the limitations of a cocktail pin format and ways to work around it.... and now I'm building one...

#3233 5 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This is out in the universe now. You have to build it.
It's kinda like when I mentioned to someone the limitations of a cocktail pin format and ways to work around it.... and now I'm building one...

Haha. We’ll see how I’m feeling after Halloween is done.

#3234 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Just to get the record straight, you did not say that.

You also didn't say that

Uh yes I clearly did when I stated it. Reading would help.

Was shutting down the arcade tonight and noticed this weird blue dust on Target Terror...

Now with simple reading comprehension skills, you can see I wrote “tonight” meaning that time is when it occurred. Usually you don’t need an entire biography or schedule explaining this but here we are after your insistence at being so wrong and loud about it

Quoted from gdonovan:

If it had the correct fastener, it would not be ground down.
There is no way it was shipped from the factory with a piece of threaded rod with no protective covering on it. Bare threads will cut through anything in a short period of time.
There is clearly suppose to be a tube around the bolt.
I'm not excusing the kid, but the protective sleeve isn't there and it was there from the factory for a reason. [quoted image]

I’m not sure what part of “kids destroy everything” you guys are struggling so badly with? They rip/cut off the tubing. They break the brackets. Like lol open your games up to the public and get back to me about the condition.
This isn’t a hard concept, tubing was there, tubing was removed/broken off, the bolt thread was exposed, and that night I came in it was vandalized, it was not like that in the morning. The jam the guns into the holster and twist them sideways to shatter the plastic and break the holster. It’s happened more than once. Yes, plastic can bend mental, it shocked me too.

This is why arcades are shitty now. Kids destroy EVERYTHING and have no respect.
Imagine how long this POS must have been sitting there doing this?
...grinding down the gun and holster by hand just to make the game go funky and wavy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone clearly explains why arcades go to shit, you guys SEE THE DAMAGE PEOPLE DO, and still act really rude about it? Guess what, people destroy things lol I can call the factory and get small tubing for a 13 year old game and they will tell me screw off.

Quoted from Vreuls:

Does this one count as a white wood?

Are you guys gonna dogpile on this post?? News flash, the decals aren’t supposed to be peeled off and games shouldn’t get wet or have drinks spilled on them!

#3235 5 months ago

Someone clearly explains why arcades go to shit, you guys SEE THE DAMAGE PEOPLE DO, and still act really rude about it? Guess what, people destroy things lol I can call the factory and get small tubing for a 13 year old game and they will tell me screw off.

That sucks. You could probably cut down a piece of acrylic tubing to replace the rubber tubing or whatever used to be there. Added bonus being that a kid couldn't cut that off.

#3236 5 months ago

If you can point out where it says in your initial post "this was done yesterday" I'll give you my house... and my pinballs... I was merely trying to help explain the damage, and as a result I'm being accused of not reading you post... I think I did read it... Saying you noticed it tonight is NOT saying it was done in one day, they are two entirely different statements... I noticed some dust on my desk today... it must have been there for months!

I can call the factory and get small tubing for a 13 year old game and they will tell me screw off.

Surely you can get some tubing that would fit over that threaded bar from somewhere other than the factory... I'd be tempted to put a piece of metal tubing over it, like some stainless steel tubing... it wouldn't be possible for a kid to use this to grind the gun down and would be impossible to cut off... Just trying to help (again).

#3237 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You had me going there for about the first half of that

#3238 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I actually still have a very nice one that I restored for my daughter when she was younger.

I'd be happy to go grab the one that I was offered and pack it and ship it to you (as is, crap and all) if you'd like to restore another one

#3239 5 months ago

Now with simple reading comprehension skills, you can see I wrote “tonight” meaning that time is when it occurred. Usually you don’t need an entire biography or schedule explaining this but here we are after your insistence at being so wrong and loud about it

I’m not sure what part of “kids destroy everything” you guys are struggling so badly with? They rip/cut off the tubing. They break the brackets. Like lol open your games up to the public and get back to me about the condition.
This isn’t a hard concept, tubing was there, tubing was removed/broken off, the bolt thread was exposed, and that night I came in it was vandalized, it was not like that in the morning. The jam the guns into the holster and twist them sideways to shatter the plastic and break the holster. It’s happened more than once. Yes, plastic can bend mental, it shocked me too.

Are you guys gonna dogpile on this post?? News flash, the decals aren’t supposed to be peeled off and games shouldn’t get wet or have drinks spilled on them!

Dogpile? Why not..? I want to feel badly for you but you seem genuinely surprised at the treatment of your equipment by the unwashed masses. Was it really a shocker?

Richard

1 week later
#3240 5 months ago
20210617_073059[1] (resized).jpg20210617_073108[1] (resized).jpg20210617_073115[1] (resized).jpg
#3241 5 months ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Termites?

#3242 5 months ago

Major bummer if true.

#3244 5 months ago

the patina look,

#3245 5 months ago

What’s the title?
Just so I can have closure to my mourning process.

#3246 5 months ago

F L O R I D A.
That’s why I don’t buy pins from there anymore. Too many termites.

Find a furniture fumigator and have them put it in a vault and blast the sucker. Alternatively you can wrap it in its own little plastic tarp/box and fumigate it.

#3247 5 months ago

Lost an entire head on a BOPP I retrieved from Florida.

#3248 5 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Looks like insulation from the overhead, guessing it did a good job of protecting the uncovered playfield assuming it was not wet.

#3249 5 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

What’s the title?

One is a Gottleib or at a minimum has Gottlieb legs.

F L O R I D A.
That’s why I don’t buy pins from there anymore. Too many termites.
Find a furniture fumigator and have them put it in a vault and blast the sucker. Alternatively you can wrap it in its own little plastic tarp/box and fumigate it.

I remember that thread you had going, Firepower or Blackout wasn't it? Just disintegrated.

#3250 5 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

What’s the title?

20210618_102247[1] (resized).jpg
There are 3,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside