IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 110.
#3051 3 years ago

The main issue is now that special lane is guaranteed to send the ball STDM...

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I have to say I really like the creative engineering. I’m thing that actually would play well and more in line with playing soccer (football) as known everywhere but here

The creative engineering looks ok, but I'm afraid gameplay will suck. Part of Striker's gameplay is based on passing the ball from one side of the playfield to the other to get past a defender. This strategic aspect has completely gone to waste in this hacked setup.

#3053 3 years ago

When ?squirrels? allegedly attack

1BAD5E9C-25B4-476C-BC9E-3E042B8E663C (resized).png1BAD5E9C-25B4-476C-BC9E-3E042B8E663C (resized).png3C12854E-C440-47CD-83AD-8FF2ECAA109A (resized).png3C12854E-C440-47CD-83AD-8FF2ECAA109A (resized).png
#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

When ?squirrels? allegedly attack[quoted image][quoted image]

Nah. Just a fuse.

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

For some reason I read this in Capt Kirks overly dramatic pauses voice.

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from asay:

People over react about this. They were flood damaged, completely FUBAR.
Maybe the back glass could have been saved for something, but it was filmed 10-15 years ago when there wasn't the crazy collector market that there is now.

Exactly. They were completely screwed and it was in a time where he couldn’t give them away.

Breathe people

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I can fix that.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Exactly. They were completely screwed and it was in a time where he couldn’t give them away.
Breathe people

LOLWUT holy quote revival, 5 year old quote from a 20 year old event

I think everyone is breathing again already, no worries

Richard

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Someone did this.....
[quoted image]
This was the result....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ahh. The 100amp slow blow.

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My neatly organized LEDs...
[quoted image]

Quoted from dudah:

I also did this.
Don't trust the lockdown bar.
Also - testing between cool/white/sunlight LED's SUCKS.

021c40fc6a8d976850776b590affb07dd7640600 (resized).jpg021c40fc6a8d976850776b590affb07dd7640600 (resized).jpg

I recently stumbled onto the stackable containers at Home Depot. $12.00 per pair. Stack them as high as you want. The advantage is that the slider lock that locks them together also is positive lock for the lid. If you close the sliders when the lid is down I don't think you would experience playing the game of "pick up".

In this pic, the top container is locked and the bottom is not locked.

IMG_5878 (resized).JPGIMG_5878 (resized).JPG

And in this pic both containers are unlocked.

IMG_5879 (resized).JPGIMG_5879 (resized).JPG

And stacked and locked.

IMG_5880 (resized).JPGIMG_5880 (resized).JPG

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
I recently stumbled onto the stackable containers at Home Depot. $12.00 per pair. Stack them as high as you want. The advantage is that the slider lock that locks them together also is positive lock for the lid. If you close the sliders when the lid is down I don't think you would experience playing the game of "pick up".
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And stacked and locked.
[quoted image]

What brand are those?

#3062 3 years ago

I wasn't aware those HDX containers stacked, I used to buy what I considered a HUGE bargain container there for $4 and it was big enough for parts - they discontinued it though. Harbor Freight has the same size but the quality is shit.

The stacking part and the $12/pair part intrigue me though I'll have to go check those out. $6 each isn't too bad and I defintely need the stacking part.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I wasn't aware those HDX containers stacked, I used to buy what I considered a HUGE bargain container there for $4 and it was big enough for parts - they discontinued it though. Harbor Freight has the same size but the quality is shit.
The stacking part and the $12/pair part intrigue me though I'll have to go check those out. $6 each isn't too bad and I defintely need the stacking part.

In the tool section of HD. HD had a complete island of several hundred of them in the main aisle is how I discovered them. I bought one pair. 2 days later I thought I should get some more and all that were left were just a few up high on a shelf.

#3064 3 years ago

Bought a sega Jurassic Park Lost world back in 2014 from italy. I believe I paid 500eur for it. It was complete but had a nasty burn on the driver bord. Cleaned the board up, changed some nearby burnt parts, some hot glue to fit a experimental board with som driver transistors and a bunch of cables.

It wasnt pretty, but it still works flawlessly according to the man who bought it from me.

96F583B0-FC79-4357-923D-89DC8FEA3234 (resized).jpeg96F583B0-FC79-4357-923D-89DC8FEA3234 (resized).jpegB00C0CB6-DEBA-4951-BA6D-A082C7312C1D (resized).jpegB00C0CB6-DEBA-4951-BA6D-A082C7312C1D (resized).jpegD488A666-7EC0-485B-86EB-E6C80E93B933 (resized).jpegD488A666-7EC0-485B-86EB-E6C80E93B933 (resized).jpeg
#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And stacked and locked.
[quoted image]

Yes best bins ever great for pinball parts ,home depot

#3066 3 years ago

Thanks for that post about the Homedepot containers. Grabbed a pair for my meager assortment of parts and bulbs etc and they work great.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Thanks for that post about the Homedepot containers. Grabbed a pair for my meager assortment of parts and bulbs etc and they work great.

Yes they are for sure I grap lot of them redoing all my small parts with them works great

#3068 3 years ago

Stolen from Reddit... From a Jurassic Park Pro on a beach boardwalk.

horror (resized).jpghorror (resized).jpg
#3069 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Throw them in the polisher, clean right up they will.

Yikes.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes they are for sure I grap lot of them redoing all my small parts with them works great

I am already wondering why I got a single pair instead of two. Don't have enough odds and ends to fill them, but it's a pretty solid excuse to buy random parts.

#3071 3 years ago

This is the cabinet of a recently acquired barracora. Not really a pinball horror, but reminds me of a still from a horror film.

download_20210213_195858 (resized).jpegdownload_20210213_195858 (resized).jpeg

#3072 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Wonder what Boardwalk that is. I live near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Wonder what Boardwalk that is. I live near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

I'm usually disappointed by the games upstairs in Neptune's. Usually have some serious broken bits(like non-functional flippers) that you don't notice until you've sunk money into a multiplayer game.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I'm starting to think about establishing a Gottlieb System 80A Rescue Team and sending it to France.
Same For Sale-website as the Striker I posted earlier.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Please do, and don't stop at fixing 80A

#3075 3 years ago

I found this photo from many many years ago. I think it was on RGP. Cant remember the story behind it. I THINK they were using something to clean the playfield and it was highly flammable and it ignited.

after (resized).jpgafter (resized).jpg
#3076 3 years ago

From my old White Water I used to have. This is how the Disaster Drop ramp was when I got it.
Still cant figure out what game they took that ramp from. Anyone know?

ramp1 (resized).JPGramp1 (resized).JPGramp2 (resized).JPGramp2 (resized).JPGramp3 (resized).JPGramp3 (resized).JPG
#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I found this photo from many many years ago. I think it was on RGP. Cant remember the story behind it. I THINK they were using something to clean the playfield and it was highly flammable and it ignited.

Add clear coat and go!

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image]

Hmmmm, naptha, perhaps? *fwooooosssshhhhh*

Richard

#3079 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That’s a reaction to the salt in the air.

Sterns ship with chrome plated balls.
Steel and chrome + salt air, it basically creates a mild battery. All you need are two different metals to act as conductors and the salt air functions as the electrolytes.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image]

I remember this story, they were using zippo lighter fluid.

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

I remember this story, they were using zippo lighter fluid.

Same thing as naphtha if I recall.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image]

I think in Michigan it was, and trying to remove mylar ( glue).

#3083 3 years ago

Alright, who did it!?!? Fuse panel in a Gottlieb North Star I just worked on.

IMG_20210319_103600845 (resized).jpgIMG_20210319_103600845 (resized).jpg
#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from oilspot:

[quoted image]

By the time they soldered-in THREE fuses in parrallel, they essentially bypassed the fuse altogether! I am surprised they didn't just stick a 1/4-inch lag bolt in the fuse socket!

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

By the time they soldered-in THREE fuses in parrallel, they essentially bypassed the fuse altogether! I am surprised they didn't just stick a 1/4-inch lag bolt in the fuse socket!

It was actually worse than the pic shows. I stuck the bridges fuse back in for the pic and got it in the wrong holder, it was originally in the one on the left where the good 10A fuse is shown. So one fuse was bypassed completely, one with the CF in the middle, and one with a wire soldered across it! The holders we're all misshapen like someone had forced something besides a fuse into then at some point. Scary. I showed it to the owner and explained how this could have destroyed the machine and maybe his house....

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Well maybe the three fuses were all rated about 1/3 the amps of the specified value and those were the highest ones they had laying around. Otherwise why not just use one? But with that kind of sloppiness that's giving them too much benefit of the doubt. XD

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

This is the cabinet of a recently acquired barracora. Not really a pinball horror, but reminds me of a still from a horror film.
[quoted image]

Dead mouse: "Darn transformer. Take it from me, don't let anybody tell you that EMF isn't bad for your health."

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from oilspot:

[quoted image]

They must have not had any 1/4 inch brass bolts that day.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Well maybe the three fuses were all rated about 1/3 the amps of the specified value and those were the highest ones they had laying around. Otherwise why not just use one? But with that kind of sloppiness that's giving them too much benefit of the doubt. XD

I like your positive thinking. Sure, let's go with that. It was an available fix to put the machine back into the revenue stream so the tech replaced a blown 1-amp fuse with three 1/3 amp in parallel. I guess its possible. What a very creative 'out of the box' thinker!!!!

LOL

#3090 3 years ago

And they had the one with wire soldered from end to end for just ic case the 3 fuse cluster did not start a fire.

#3091 3 years ago

This pic is from a current ebay auction. More photos at the link ebay.com link: itm
Glamor is one of the more difficult to find Gottlieb games as it had the lowest production run of the '50s: 300.

glamor ebay (resized).jpgglamor ebay (resized).jpg
#3092 3 years ago

a few more

glamor ebay 2 (resized).jpgglamor ebay 2 (resized).jpgglamor ebay pf1 (resized).jpgglamor ebay pf1 (resized).jpg
#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

This pic is from a current ebay auction. More photos at the link ebay.com link: itm
Glamor is one of the more difficult to find Gottlieb games as it had the lowest production run of the '50s: 300.
[quoted image]

Considering the condition of the cabinet, I'm surprised that the backglass is intact.

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Considering the condition of the cabinet, I'm surprised that the backglass is intact.

I find it amazing that there are still so many old pins out there that did not get tossed in the trash years ago.

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure this was Eric A's game. I seen it like right after it happened, it think it was still smoldering in his basement...

John

#3096 3 years ago

That’s why they call him Mr. Propane.

#3097 3 years ago

The fuse on the right with the wire soldered across is in no danger. The current doesnt pass thru the fuse. They joined the wires on the upper terminal

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

The fuse on the right with the wire soldered across is in no danger. The current doesnt pass thru the fuse. They joined the wires on the upper terminal

I actually jammed it back in to take the pic and got it in the wrong holder. That one was installed where the good fuse is in the pic, so one was bypassed completely, one was bridged with wire, and the middle was that 3-fuse CF . Scary.

#3099 3 years ago

Sold a few games today ...The buyer told me his shippers knew what they were doing.
I was out of town and my wife sent me this picture..... I have a feeling this isn't going to end well.

44885_1 (resized).jpeg44885_1 (resized).jpeg

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Sold a few games today ...The buyer told me his shippers knew what they were doing.
I was out of town and my wife sent me this picture..... I have a feeling this isn't going to end well.
[quoted image]

Ummmmmmmmmm......
I got nothin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/62?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.