IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 110.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Someone did this.....
[quoted image]
This was the result....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yikes! Did you buy it like that? Hope you’re able to salvage the thing.
That bolt is still clean as a whistle!

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yikes! Did you buy it like that? Hope you’re able to salvage the thing.
That bolt is still clean as a whistle!

You would need far more amps to annoy that bolt!

#2953 3 years ago

I fail to understand the lag bolt. Everybody knows it should have been made of brass.

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Cyclopes
[quoted image]

This was the Cyclopes from 2 weeks ago.

4e1d18cf8e49d5b0ae26683aeb7b430c18ec901c.jpeg (resized).jpg4e1d18cf8e49d5b0ae26683aeb7b430c18ec901c.jpeg (resized).jpg

Here is the same play field from 2 hours ago. It will not be perfect but it will clean up nicely. I just came back form the warehouse from salvaging a coin door. There is no planking in the area that was uncovered. Everything is going to clean up. The cabinet needs some minor touchups in 2-3 places. All he will need is a lockdown bar, one more score display, a set of circuit boards, and a back glass and one more Cyclopes will come back to life.

IMG_5446 (resized).JPGIMG_5446 (resized).JPG

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All he will need is a lockdown bar, one more score display, a set of circuit boards, and a back glass and one more Cyclopes will come back to life.

Nothing like the thought of what had been on that PF in the past though. Yuck. I'd prefer to never know the history of something if it includes raccoon poop.

I'm assuming Gameplan is a dead end as far as copyright enforcement so maybe someone will start making PF's, plastics, etc.

#2956 3 years ago

This seems fitting for this thread

FB_IMG_1611514299725 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1611514299725 (resized).jpg
#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

This seems fitting for this thread [quoted image]

Lol, that's a blast from the past. Is that still being posted to craigslist?

[edit]: lol, it is: kpr.craigslist.org link

#2959 3 years ago

“Extreme” coaching sounds too intense for me. Otherwise I’m in. Plus, who doesn’t offer Fritos for that kind of money?

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

This seems fitting for this thread

20210124_152603 (resized).jpg20210124_152603 (resized).jpg
#2961 3 years ago

That is just freaking creepy.
TMI. Who is wendy?
Is that for real?
Just seems wrong on too many levels. Future serial killer story in dateline or 20/20.

#2962 3 years ago

The cokes are for me lol

#2963 3 years ago

He said he will teach you the technique (only 1?) to master pinball. How come he was ranked 147th, if he has mastered pinball?

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

There's a followup vid on her YT channel of what she actually does with some of it. She disassembles a Gottlieb score motor (sandblasts the entire unit as a whole first) & desolders/removes all its switch stacks, talks of "completely re-wiring it."

That video really bothered me, couldn't finish watching it. Maybe a dollar worth of scrap. Why?

#2965 3 years ago

Super High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.)

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This was the Cyclopes from 2 weeks ago.
[quoted image]
Here is the same play field from 2 hours ago. It will not be perfect but it will clean up nicely. I just came back form the warehouse from salvaging a coin door. There is no planking in the area that was uncovered. Everything is going to clean up. The cabinet needs some minor touchups in 2-3 places. All he will need is a lockdown bar, one more score display, a set of circuit boards, and a back glass and one more Cyclopes will come back to life.
[quoted image]

Craig, I cannot believe you actually got that Cyclopes, lol you crazy bastard!

Good on you for being the brave soul to bring it back. I knew it had potential. For a game like Cyclopes I think the extra rabies shots are worth it

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Craig, I cannot believe you actually got that Cyclopes, lol you crazy bastard!
Good on you for being the brave soul to bring it back. I knew it had potential. For a game like Cyclopes I think the extra rabies shots are worth it

I did not get the Cyclopes. I went back and salvaged a Stern coin door from a Stern video game. While there I took the pictures showing the clean up of the play field. dc2010 came up from Texas to clean out that warehouse. Cyclopes is going back to Texas with him.

1 week later
#2969 3 years ago

Sign me up for pinball lessons with Wendy and a sandwich with deli meat and Shasta.

1 week later
#2970 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2971 3 years ago

More like Mr. Don't

#2973 3 years ago

Good grief that’s ugly

#2974 3 years ago

Dang, I came here to post this!

I'm pretty sure this exact game was posted in this thread before but it was even more head scratching before. They actually did a halfway decent job putting lipstick on a pig

fd9f7f62a50872d5a7b8e7de1d0f4cdf2f64508e (resized).pngfd9f7f62a50872d5a7b8e7de1d0f4cdf2f64508e (resized).png
#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Dang, I came here to post this!
I'm pretty sure this exact game was posted in this thread before but it was even more head scratching before. They actually did a halfway decent job putting lipstick on a pig
[quoted image]

79C1BD04-FD40-43E4-8D6D-3D45E0C5ED7D.gif79C1BD04-FD40-43E4-8D6D-3D45E0C5ED7D.gif
#2976 3 years ago

They wasted good Tron art!

#2977 3 years ago
E0380953-8CEF-491D-A8B3-4BBE1FAC9D50 (resized).jpegE0380953-8CEF-491D-A8B3-4BBE1FAC9D50 (resized).jpeg
#2979 3 years ago

There are just too many horrors there in one picture... Not even sure where to start. Are those wheels installed on the bottom of the legs??

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

There are just too many horrors there in one picture... Not even sure where to start. Are those wheels installed on the bottom of the legs??

At least there is a heavy duty, quality blanket under the game.

#2981 3 years ago

The game was at my warehouse, so my warehouse manager let the buyers in to pick it up. They said they have Fish Tales too and know all about moving games. So this is the pic I got from the buyer as he happily left.

They have a three hour drive through wet snow deep into Maine

#2982 3 years ago

Would only be better if they were towing it on those casters.

#2983 3 years ago

This was my exact reaction!

It reminds me of the time I sold a wedgehead that I had restored. The buyer took off the legs but not the head and slid the game into the back of his pickup truck. The machine was longer than the payload, so he left the gate open and secured the game with a SINGLE PIECE OF ROPE across the coin door. At that point, the game had been paid for and he could haul it away however he wanted, but imagining what would happen on every turn, bump and hill still makes me sweat.

#2984 3 years ago

Update photo sent by the new owner.
I was too late to suggest it dry out before plugging in.

DFDECE01-D776-4FBF-A6B3-807C56D9F9DA (resized).jpegDFDECE01-D776-4FBF-A6B3-807C56D9F9DA (resized).jpeg
#2985 3 years ago

Looked like he had it wrapped pretty well. Probably should have let it acclimate to room temperature, though. I’d imagine going from freezing to full power probably isn’t good for 30 year old electronics.

#2986 3 years ago

Good gravy
Did the game break too??
This is a disaster in so many ways
It looks like they rolled it off the loading dock right into the truck bed tilted it over and wrapped it lol

How did unloading go ??
I mean silver lining the game is still standing on its legs?

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

It’s always nice to understand the people who have these games before they reach us collectors.
“How did this happen? Why did it get hacked up like this?? It looks like the coindoor was dragged through the mud??”

Those classic brown-lamp cord hacks, light switch modes and idiotic “credit buttons” drilled into 90s DMD games all come from handy homeowners like this who “really know how to handle pinball machines”

Now we know this one will eventually be sold as “just stopped working. Not sure what went wrong” with all the boards blown to hell.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

They have a three hour drive through wet snow deep into Maine

The real horror is that they drove three hours in each direction for LAH........ha ha.

John

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

That's not a big deal. I used to have a open flat bed trailer. I used to transport games in the snow and rain all the time. You just wipe them off when you get home and let them dry out before plugging them in and they're fine. It's a wood box and some glass. Prolonged exposure is what ruins them.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The real horror is that they drove three hours in each direction for LAH........ha ha.

John

That's not funny.

20210217_135249 (resized).jpg20210217_135249 (resized).jpg
#2991 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

Any damage?

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Random YouTube find (badly deteriorated pinball & shuffle alley remnants in a basement)...

this video is just.... WTF
1) no respirator
2) no gloves
3) WEARING FLIPFLOPS
4) I watch a lot of both "maker" videos and "salvage" videos and I've seen people take lots of risks but I've never before seen someone go into a basement that makes Blair Witch Project look like the Ritz with so little gear to sift through a pile of mulch that used to be old pinballs / one-balls / bingos.

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

Is that condensation I see under the playfield glass??

#2994 3 years ago

Great American Pinball has never had a game they couldn't grossly overcharge for.

Somehow this has sold though? I made an offer of 1500 and I thought that was high.

Screenshot_20210222-100403_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210222-100403_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Great American Pinball has never had a game they couldn't grossly overcharge for.
Somehow this has sold though? I made an offer of 1500 and I thought that was high.
[quoted image]

more pics

fh1 (resized).jpgfh1 (resized).jpgfh2 (resized).jpgfh2 (resized).jpgfh3 (resized).jpgfh3 (resized).jpgfh4 (resized).jpgfh4 (resized).jpg
#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Is that condensation I see under the playfield glass??

Yup

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

more pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I offered $1000 and i thought that was high

#2998 3 years ago

I saw that game and though I think the price is Really high the price of restored ones are skyrocketing.

So I guess I wasn’t that surprised it sold.

#2999 3 years ago

Rudy’s mustache makes me laugh.

#3000 3 years ago

Rudy looks pissed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

£ 195.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/60?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.