Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
There are 5,482 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 110.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

Not too too bad

Quick wipe and a Ciffy's ... good to go ...
Great find , lucky you ...

#2852 3 years ago

Send this old soldier to the VFW museum hospital for some healing. How many plays?

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

Not too too bad, but really a testament to these machines. I got this AFM as a gift after our local bar changed hands. It was an old college hangout, but the bar had actually been in operation as a roadhouse since the 1850s. Old decrepit place and literally, the pin rested against the wall because there was a hole in the floor where the right rear leg would punch through.
I got to know the old owner, she was the widow of the guy that bought the place back in the 60s and she ran it like a little family business. She was always sitting at the end of the bar running the cash register. She did that until she was 85. After she retired, the place hobbled for a few years, and then when she passed, her kids sold the place. I had many times offered to buy the machine, but she refused saying it was part of the bar.
The new owner rebuilt the place from the bottom up, but given its california and space is at a premium, so he didn't want pinball. One of the last places in the area with a real pin. So he gave me the machine as he knew of my collection.
So here are a couple of pix of an old soldier that took quarters for around 25 years. Some hacks in there, and these target switches that I can't imagine why they repair dude didn't use the proper ones. But hey. It actually essentially worked. As you can see, the right martian target had broken away, and the wood gotten shredded, but what was interesting was that the void behind under the plastic had filled up with balls. There were about 4 so I guess the tech would just add balls to do a quick and dirty. But this worked as it would take the blow from shots to this target. Apologies that I didn't get pix of the balls in there. Anyway, the pops barely worked and you can see why. One of the brackets had fatigued and broken so it just made magnetic waves and the wafers had almost worn away! Anyway... Tribute to an old soldier. And tribute to AFM that even with most of the GI out, the dark playfield still got quarters. She's an old favorite so I'm going to fix her up and sell my already restored AFM.
And... it has this I would guess california warning about epilepsy. I had never seen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve seen far worst in bars in France with AFM stiil on route nowdays... i can’t even imagine the nulber of plays.

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

Not too too bad, but really a testament to these machines. I got this AFM as a gift after our local bar changed hands. It was an old college hangout, but the bar had actually been in operation as a roadhouse since the 1850s. Old decrepit place and literally, the pin rested against the wall because there was a hole in the floor where the right rear leg would punch through.
I got to know the old owner, she was the widow of the guy that bought the place back in the 60s and she ran it like a little family business. She was always sitting at the end of the bar running the cash register. She did that until she was 85. After she retired, the place hobbled for a few years, and then when she passed, her kids sold the place. I had many times offered to buy the machine, but she refused saying it was part of the bar.
The new owner rebuilt the place from the bottom up, but given its california and space is at a premium, so he didn't want pinball. One of the last places in the area with a real pin. So he gave me the machine as he knew of my collection.
So here are a couple of pix of an old soldier that took quarters for around 25 years. Some hacks in there, and these target switches that I can't imagine why they repair dude didn't use the proper ones. But hey. It actually essentially worked. As you can see, the right martian target had broken away, and the wood gotten shredded, but what was interesting was that the void behind under the plastic had filled up with balls. There were about 4 so I guess the tech would just add balls to do a quick and dirty. But this worked as it would take the blow from shots to this target. Apologies that I didn't get pix of the balls in there. Anyway, the pops barely worked and you can see why. One of the brackets had fatigued and broken so it just made magnetic waves and the wafers had almost worn away! Anyway... Tribute to an old soldier. And tribute to AFM that even with most of the GI out, the dark playfield still got quarters. She's an old favorite so I'm going to fix her up and sell my already restored AFM.
And... it has this I would guess california warning about epilepsy. I had never seen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those skirts are mint compared to the JM that was at my local arcade! Gotta dig for pictures, 2 of the pops wouldn't even register because there wasn't enough skirt to hit!

#2855 3 years ago

Awesome story
Killer machine would love to find one

#2856 3 years ago

When the original plastics are gone and you don't want to buy new ones.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

[quoted image]

For the price that a set of plastics sell for, it is hard to blame him/them. That is assuming one can even find plastics to buy

#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

[quoted image]

Get er done lol
I think marcos was selling the whole kit of plastics at one point

Pinbot is prone to many broken plastics

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Get er done lol
I think marcos was selling the whole kit of plastics at one point
Pinbot is prone to many broken plastics

CPR has Pinbot plastic sets for $159.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

I got this AFM as a gift after our local bar changed hands.

download (13) (resized).jpegdownload (13) (resized).jpeg
#2861 3 years ago

Skyking... you sound like my MM talking to my AFM!

But yes, I couldn't believe it. After years of trying to buy it, I finally gave up and bought a thrashed AFM and did a HEP style restore on it. Have played it and loved it and never would have sold it. Really one of the most visceral games I have.

And then 4 years after my last offer and restoring my AFM... And actually this makes the story even a bit better, my buddy that bought the bar, said I could have the pinball machines. There was this AFM and there was a WCS. When he called, I was away on a long trip with the family so I couldn't go immediately. Asked if he could wait three weeks and he was a bit miffed as the construction crews were breathing down his neck. Anyway, I tried to get someone to go get them, but really couldn't hire a mover as I couldn't inconvenience my friend with coordination chores. You know... beggars can't make demands you know....

He grudgingly said ok he'd wait. When I got home, the first thing I did was call him and say I was there whenever he said. Now he said... yeah you can come get THE machine. SINGULAR.

I said oh s*)(#$T he gave one away already. I was sure the AFM would be gone. Headed down anyway cause hey, a free WCS is ok too... and lo and behold... in the back of the storage container... AFM! He gave the WCS to the former manager because the guy was European and liked soccer. God bless soccer!!!

As for number of plays, I really don't know, but I would imagine it had cleared many times due to dead batteries and battery changes. What I can say is. LOTS!

I've already started tearing it down, and its not that bad. The cabinet however is like a college bar cabinet would look. I've decided for old time sake that the cabinet is going to stay as is with graffiti, chewing gum and all. Under the glass, it is going to be another HEP job. And it will have a plaque identifying it as the machine from the bar for all my mates and I to reminisce about the old place when it was a true dive.

My wife isn't amused as she can tolerate the pretty and clean fully restored AFM, but this one is going to be a 'guys machine'.

#2862 3 years ago

Congrats! I'd love to work on an original AFM. I'm getting prepared for a SS teardown soon, but it's not nearly as chewed up and gnarly as that poor beast. Good luck!

#2863 3 years ago

Succesfully removed the mylar
Btw,i didnt do it

AF321CB0-EB83-42B0-85CE-3C63DDCADA8F (resized).jpegAF321CB0-EB83-42B0-85CE-3C63DDCADA8F (resized).jpeg10E78EE8-D42B-4802-9B5F-62C559BE531D (resized).jpeg10E78EE8-D42B-4802-9B5F-62C559BE531D (resized).jpegB8B00B61-3A01-4E18-85C9-14D0985E95B0 (resized).jpegB8B00B61-3A01-4E18-85C9-14D0985E95B0 (resized).jpeg
#2864 3 years ago

I wouldn't call that "Succesfully" or successfully!!!

Looks like something my son would have done........

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

I think system 11 is a good starter pin era that people new to pinball tend to mess up/destroy trying to make it "better". As its cheaper and most of those games are pretty common.

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

#2867 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 4.28.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-26 at 4.28.37 PM (resized).png
#2868 3 years ago

Why do you think its in this topic?because it looks so good?
Some of you really think i see this as a success, hahaha lmao

#2869 3 years ago

No, I thought you said succes...............

Quoted from Vreuls:

Why do you think its in this topic?because it looks so good?

#2870 3 years ago

How was it removed? Heat or freeze?

#2871 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

How was it removed? Heat or freeze

Torn

#2872 3 years ago

Ripped lol

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

We're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you.

#2874 3 years ago

Ahhh, the grip it and rip it method.
I should have known having seen the outcome!

#2875 3 years ago

Fixed it!

Seriously though, since I have replaced the ramp my percentage of completed departure ramp completions is not really much higher...

Likely the original. The replacement is MUCH thicker and should hold up to a lot more Drac shots.

IMG_2549 (resized).JPGIMG_2549 (resized).JPGIMG_2550 (resized).JPGIMG_2550 (resized).JPG
#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Succesfully removed the mylar
Btw,i didnt do it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You going to go for CPR playfield? I think they have some bronze in stock and then they have the year end discount

#2877 3 years ago

Went to look at these yesterday... been sitting outside for well over a year. Both playfields starting to plank (Taxi a lot more), likely pee’d on by the dogs. 9137F7B7-14C8-433A-9D14-72E99CC0BA6A (resized).png9137F7B7-14C8-433A-9D14-72E99CC0BA6A (resized).png

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Went to look at these yesterday... been sitting outside for well over a year. Both playfields starting to plank (Taxi a lot more), likely pee’d on by the dogs. [quoted image]

That Taxi is the definition of planked. For how rough it is, how is the coin door in such nice shape?!

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

That Taxi is the definition of planked. For how rough it is, how is the coin door in such nice shape?!

They both look like export coin doors, I'd look real close.

Almost without exception all the DE pins I picked up that were export were hacked all to hell and back.

#2880 3 years ago

D7E45F07-AC8F-4E2A-B31C-6E1ABF3AB6BC (resized).pngD7E45F07-AC8F-4E2A-B31C-6E1ABF3AB6BC (resized).png
#2881 3 years ago

Does this count as a horror pic? Head is in the other room.

20201227_213112 (resized).jpg20201227_213112 (resized).jpg
#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

A decapitated pin!

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

[quoted image]

Which head does it have?
Jurassic Park or Hook?

Also, I wouldn’t let your dog get that sweat sock in the coin door.

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Which head does it have?
Jurassic Park or Hook?

That's holding the hinge!

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Which head does it have?
Jurassic Park or Hook?

Hook head. I had a jp playfield and grabbed a cab for $25 so I'm converting it

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Went to look at these yesterday... been sitting outside for well over a year. Both playfields starting to plank (Taxi a lot more), likely pee’d on by the dogs. [quoted image]

Did you buy them?

Who the hell are these people leaving expensive pins outside?!?! It’s made of wood and runs on electricity wtf

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

that dog has a beeline for that yanky hanky

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Lol the Coors are better protected then the pins
PRIORITIES

just terrible

#2890 3 years ago

Best part of that post was the guy showing a pic of when he bought all the best stuff

#2891 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2892 3 years ago

What a waste

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

3800 produced. 102 pinsiders own one. 89 want one. If the boards went bad....

My OP friend in town who has been in the biz for years tweaks my nose all the time with deals done in the past. $5.00 for a Meteor at an arcade auction in 1995 with blown boards. He bought for $5 and parted it out and sent the cab to the trash. He makes much talk about how Alltek coming in with its first MPU in 2002 for helping bring a lot of these old pins back to life.

I realize this is a Gottlieb, but I suppose the story is similar.

#2894 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210108-221538_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210108-221538_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2895 3 years ago

Why even waste the time with an Arcade 1up??? For an authentic CRT look???

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I realize this is a Gottlieb, but I suppose the story is similar.

Maybe the biggest savior of SS pins was the Ni-Wumph board for System 1 Gottliebs.

#2897 3 years ago
#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Which head does it have?
Jurassic Park or Hook?

LOL! Oh, that made me laugh. By the way, that’s the coin sock.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

that dog has a beeline for that yanky hanky

Stomach hurts from laughing so hard (assuming you meant what I think you meant)

#2900 3 years ago

Not much of a horror, but I thought this was a bizarre way to hold a stand up target switch together, using what appears to be a beat up Ikea wardrobe door handle... for comparison is another identical target switch from the same game in its unmodified state.

20210111_075338 (resized).jpg20210111_075338 (resized).jpg20210111_075449 (resized).jpg20210111_075449 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,482 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/58?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.