IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 110.
#2802 3 years ago

If it was in my garden during 6 years, with all the rain, it shouldn’t look this good.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The bell has tolled for this Metallica.
Here's the story on this one...
"We all know that our pins belong indoors.....except for this owner
Here’s what happens to a game left outdoors for 6 years, and in one of harshest countries in the world when it comes to extreme heat.
Six. Years. 688 total plays. Game still boots but sadly that’s where it ends for this machine."
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey honey. Yes? I know the perfect accessory for our back patio. What's that dear? A pinball machine! A what? A pinball machine, and I'll even build a special deck area to put it on. It will be great! We can grill some burgers, have a little friendly competition, then relax in the hot tub afterwards.

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey honey. Yes? I know the perfect accessory for our back patio. What's that dear? A pinball machine!

Don't worry, it will fit next to the unprotected entertainment center by the sprinkler.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Here’s what happens to a game left outdoors for 6 years, and in one of harshest countries in the world when it comes to extreme heat.
Six. Years. 688 total plays. Game still boots but sadly that’s where it ends for this machine."
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It just needs more voltage, higher voltage to play properly.
Higher voltage will improve the efficiency of electronic units, corroded switches, tired bulbs.

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Where is the machine actually at?

Okay to be precise, it’s hiding the AC condenser. What an eyesore, but now they have this brutalized Metallic to cover it up!

And yes it’s actually in the UAE

#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Let's see the balls

Look at the captive ball! Completely rusted. Thats crazy.

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That Metallica is apparently in the United Arad Emirates. Notice the graveyard markers are tombstones instead of crosses.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Okay to be precise, it’s hiding the AC condenser. What an eyesore, but now they have this brutalized Metallic to cover it up!
And yes it’s actually in the UAE

That is interesting. How did you figure UAE and not some other Middle East country?

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That is interesting. How did you figure UAE and not some other Middle East country?

I recognized the Ziziphus Spina-Christi surrounding the pinball machine as being native to the United Arab Emirates.

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I recognized the Ziziphus Spina-Christi surrounding the pinball machine as being native to the United Arab Emirates.

I seem to always learned something new everyday on pinside.

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It was posted on Facebook

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That Metallica is apparently in the United Arad Emirates. Notice the graveyard markers are tombstones instead of crosses.

Interesting. What was the deciding factor on what games got these? All exports or certain countries? I honestly never noticed this variance before and never looked that close and yet there is one of these down in my basement.

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Look at the captive ball! Completely rusted. Thats crazy.

You could probably remove the plastic snake and have a real one stand in place.

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The power junction box is stamped "DUBAI" in the pic. Sure; it could have ended up elsewhere, but that's the regional power setting it shipped with anyhow.

Richard

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No saving this one.....look at all those playfield dimples and pooled posts...typical Stern QC!!!

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Where is the machine actually at?

Punta Cana
Part of the Exotic pinball package Lol

Good gravy

#2817 3 years ago

The good news is that it's being restored...But yikes!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2818 3 years ago

Not mine
I wish lol
Impressive

E2377423-A40D-440E-8804-A59AF69808B2 (resized).jpegE2377423-A40D-440E-8804-A59AF69808B2 (resized).jpeg
#2819 3 years ago

Nope there's nothing that could go wrong there. I could use that Mars God of War head, wonder what direction he's headed?

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol
Impressive [quoted image]

I saw this on Facebook. I really hope it's fake. I don't see any signs that it is.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I saw this on Facebook. I really hope it's fake. I don't see any signs that it is.

The post was from my page, I got the image from a friend of mine in south america. Not Fake.

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

The post was from my page, I got the image from a friend of mine in south america. Not Fake.

Madre de Dios!

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nope there's nothing that could go wrong there. I could use that Mars God of War head, wonder what direction he's headed?

Judging by the condition of the side rails on the Street Fighter, these may have been headed to the dump, not home.

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Judging by the condition of the side rails on the Street Fighter, these may have been headed to the dump, not home.

Or they came from the dump.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Or they came from the dump.

Lol. You're probably right... I just noticed the "protection" between the strap and the head on Street Fighter. Wouldn't want to scratch it!

#2826 3 years ago

With today’s prices, the machines still out value the truck.

Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

#2827 3 years ago

I mean if I’m driving and see these on the side of the road. I’m gonna pick them up one way or the other. May not be pretty but I ain’t leavin em lol.
So I can’t blame the person

#2828 3 years ago

The Street Fighter and the one next to it look like the coin doors are missing. And I don't see a back box for HH.

It would be nice to have the lockdown bars if they are going to the dump. And what kind of parts are still inside?

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

I mean if I’m driving and see these on the side of the road. I’m gonna pick them up one way or the other. May not be pretty but I ain’t leavin em lol.
So I can’t blame the person

Always have ratchet straps and moving in vehichle just in case.

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Street Fighter and the one next to it look like the coin doors are missing. And I don't see a back box for HH.

I assumed the backbox on HH was swapped out for a Mars unit at some point, same vintage.

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I assumed the backbox on HH was swapped out for a Mars unit at some point, same vintage.

Perhaps because the last time they moved the games HH was on the bottom of the stack instead of the top.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Perhaps because the last time they moved the games HH was on the bottom of the stack instead of the top.

Looking at that stack I could not help but cringe, Haunted House is one HEAVY bitch. It took three of us to move mine from the workshop to the garage.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:Not mine
I wish lol

I’ll bet that would look pretty normal in India.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

You beat me to it!! I came to post this yesterday and got distracted... damn you Pinside!

Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

What page? I saw it all over “Pinball Enthusiasts” and “Pinball wizards” and “pinball random bullshit group #302630”

#2835 3 years ago

I think he still has room for 1-2 more pins on the top.

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

Pinball Tetris!

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Pinball Tetris!

.....or Jenga.

1 week later
#2838 3 years ago

I’d of stacked them in a different order my self lol, poor World Cup soccer!

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I’d of stacked them in a different order my self lol, poor World Cup soccer!

110% agree!!

#2840 3 years ago

Dude is converting a CENTAUR into a playable coffee table.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/k5czic/pinball_rotisserie_the_ultimate_diy_pintisserie/
8pbi1gxuzs261 (resized).jpg8pbi1gxuzs261 (resized).jpg

#2841 3 years ago

It’s like something out of a horror movie, like the machine is on life support hehe

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

It’s like something out of a horror movie, like the machine is on life support hehe

Someday, someone will find it and build a new cabinet for it. Circle of life.

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Someday, someone will find it and build a new cabinet for it. Circle of life.

That’s some lion king shit right there

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol
Impressive

What's that 3rd game on the ground floor? It looks like it has the face if one of the Kiss guys on it...

#2845 3 years ago

I hope the donor was an LE model......

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What's that 3rd game on the ground floor? It looks like it has the face if one of the Kiss guys on it...

That’s actually a good question
Kinda looks like Alice cooper lol

Not sure of the title but I believe I’ve seen it before
Was thinking faces but don’t believe that’s it

#2847 3 years ago

What the hell is the point? Just use a pinball at this point. He’s basically just rebuilding a new cabinet that’s so specific and pointless it will have a fraction of the value

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

converting a CENTAUR into a playable coffee table

Bad move human.

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What the hell is the point? Just use a pinball at this point. He’s basically just rebuilding a new cabinet that’s so specific and pointless it will have a fraction of the value

Yeah, just use a pinball...

Richard

joustpin (resized).jpgjoustpin (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2850 3 years ago

Not too too bad, but really a testament to these machines. I got this AFM as a gift after our local bar changed hands. It was an old college hangout, but the bar had actually been in operation as a roadhouse since the 1850s. Old decrepit place and literally, the pin rested against the wall because there was a hole in the floor where the right rear leg would punch through.

I got to know the old owner, she was the widow of the guy that bought the place back in the 60s and she ran it like a little family business. She was always sitting at the end of the bar running the cash register. She did that until she was 85. After she retired, the place hobbled for a few years, and then when she passed, her kids sold the place. I had many times offered to buy the machine, but she refused saying it was part of the bar.

The new owner rebuilt the place from the bottom up, but given its california and space is at a premium, so he didn't want pinball. One of the last places in the area with a real pin. So he gave me the machine as he knew of my collection.

So here are a couple of pix of an old soldier that took quarters for around 25 years. Some hacks in there, and these target switches that I can't imagine why they repair dude didn't use the proper ones. But hey. It actually essentially worked. As you can see, the right martian target had broken away, and the wood gotten shredded, but what was interesting was that the void behind under the plastic had filled up with balls. There were about 4 so I guess the tech would just add balls to do a quick and dirty. But this worked as it would take the blow from shots to this target. Apologies that I didn't get pix of the balls in there. Anyway, the pops barely worked and you can see why. One of the brackets had fatigued and broken so it just made magnetic waves and the wafers had almost worn away! Anyway... Tribute to an old soldier. And tribute to AFM that even with most of the GI out, the dark playfield still got quarters. She's an old favorite so I'm going to fix her up and sell my already restored AFM.

And... it has this I would guess california warning about epilepsy. I had never seen.

IMG_2158 (resized).jpegIMG_2158 (resized).jpegIMG_2159 (resized).jpegIMG_2159 (resized).jpegIMG_2160 (resized).jpegIMG_2160 (resized).jpegIMG_2161 (resized).jpegIMG_2161 (resized).jpegIMG_2162 (resized).jpegIMG_2162 (resized).jpegIMG_2163 (resized).jpegIMG_2163 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/57?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.