New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 126494)

Pinball Horror Pics!!

By Star_Gazer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,839 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Ceckitti
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E2377423-A40D-440E-8804-A59AF69808B2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
m1 (resized).jpg
m2 (resized).jpg
m3 (resized).jpg
m4 (resized).jpg
m5 (resized).jpg
m6 (resized).jpg
E8EE55C0-E543-473C-85EB-FB4718DAE99C.jpeg
20201029_142201 (resized).jpg
20201029_142210 (resized).jpg
tetanus (resized).jpg
IMG_20200529_150446_01.jpg

There are 2839 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.
#2802 23 days ago

If it was in my garden during 6 years, with all the rain, it shouldn’t look this good.

#2803 23 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The bell has tolled for this Metallica.
Here's the story on this one...
"We all know that our pins belong indoors.....except for this owner
Here’s what happens to a game left outdoors for 6 years, and in one of harshest countries in the world when it comes to extreme heat.
Six. Years. 688 total plays. Game still boots but sadly that’s where it ends for this machine."
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey honey. Yes? I know the perfect accessory for our back patio. What's that dear? A pinball machine! A what? A pinball machine, and I'll even build a special deck area to put it on. It will be great! We can grill some burgers, have a little friendly competition, then relax in the hot tub afterwards.

#2804 23 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey honey. Yes? I know the perfect accessory for our back patio. What's that dear? A pinball machine!

Don't worry, it will fit next to the unprotected entertainment center by the sprinkler.

#2805 23 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Here’s what happens to a game left outdoors for 6 years, and in one of harshest countries in the world when it comes to extreme heat.
Six. Years. 688 total plays. Game still boots but sadly that’s where it ends for this machine."
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It just needs more voltage, higher voltage to play properly.
Higher voltage will improve the efficiency of electronic units, corroded switches, tired bulbs.

#2806 23 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Where is the machine actually at?

Okay to be precise, it’s hiding the AC condenser. What an eyesore, but now they have this brutalized Metallic to cover it up!

And yes it’s actually in the UAE

#2807 23 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Let's see the balls

Look at the captive ball! Completely rusted. Thats crazy.

#2808 23 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That Metallica is apparently in the United Arad Emirates. Notice the graveyard markers are tombstones instead of crosses.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Okay to be precise, it’s hiding the AC condenser. What an eyesore, but now they have this brutalized Metallic to cover it up!
And yes it’s actually in the UAE

That is interesting. How did you figure UAE and not some other Middle East country?

#2809 23 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That is interesting. How did you figure UAE and not some other Middle East country?

I recognized the Ziziphus Spina-Christi surrounding the pinball machine as being native to the United Arab Emirates.

#2810 23 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I recognized the Ziziphus Spina-Christi surrounding the pinball machine as being native to the United Arab Emirates.

I seem to always learned something new everyday on pinside.

#2811 23 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It was posted on Facebook

#2812 23 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That Metallica is apparently in the United Arad Emirates. Notice the graveyard markers are tombstones instead of crosses.

Interesting. What was the deciding factor on what games got these? All exports or certain countries? I honestly never noticed this variance before and never looked that close and yet there is one of these down in my basement.

#2813 23 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Look at the captive ball! Completely rusted. Thats crazy.

You could probably remove the plastic snake and have a real one stand in place.

#2814 23 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The power junction box is stamped "DUBAI" in the pic. Sure; it could have ended up elsewhere, but that's the regional power setting it shipped with anyhow.

Richard

#2815 21 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No saving this one.....look at all those playfield dimples and pooled posts...typical Stern QC!!!

#2816 20 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Where is the machine actually at?

Punta Cana
Part of the Exotic pinball package Lol

Good gravy

#2817 15 days ago

The good news is that it's being restored...But yikes!

#2818 11 days ago

Not mine
I wish lol
Impressive

E2377423-A40D-440E-8804-A59AF69808B2 (resized).jpeg
#2819 11 days ago

Nope there's nothing that could go wrong there. I could use that Mars God of War head, wonder what direction he's headed?

#2820 11 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol
Impressive [quoted image]

I saw this on Facebook. I really hope it's fake. I don't see any signs that it is.

#2821 11 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I saw this on Facebook. I really hope it's fake. I don't see any signs that it is.

The post was from my page, I got the image from a friend of mine in south america. Not Fake.

#2822 11 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

The post was from my page, I got the image from a friend of mine in south america. Not Fake.

Madre de Dios!

#2823 11 days ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nope there's nothing that could go wrong there. I could use that Mars God of War head, wonder what direction he's headed?

Judging by the condition of the side rails on the Street Fighter, these may have been headed to the dump, not home.

#2824 10 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Judging by the condition of the side rails on the Street Fighter, these may have been headed to the dump, not home.

Or they came from the dump.

#2825 10 days ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Or they came from the dump.

Lol. You're probably right... I just noticed the "protection" between the strap and the head on Street Fighter. Wouldn't want to scratch it!

#2826 10 days ago

With today’s prices, the machines still out value the truck.

Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

#2827 10 days ago

I mean if I’m driving and see these on the side of the road. I’m gonna pick them up one way or the other. May not be pretty but I ain’t leavin em lol.
So I can’t blame the person

#2828 10 days ago

The Street Fighter and the one next to it look like the coin doors are missing. And I don't see a back box for HH.

It would be nice to have the lockdown bars if they are going to the dump. And what kind of parts are still inside?

#2829 10 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:

I mean if I’m driving and see these on the side of the road. I’m gonna pick them up one way or the other. May not be pretty but I ain’t leavin em lol.
So I can’t blame the person

Always have ratchet straps and moving in vehichle just in case.

#2830 10 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Street Fighter and the one next to it look like the coin doors are missing. And I don't see a back box for HH.

I assumed the backbox on HH was swapped out for a Mars unit at some point, same vintage.

#2831 10 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I assumed the backbox on HH was swapped out for a Mars unit at some point, same vintage.

Perhaps because the last time they moved the games HH was on the bottom of the stack instead of the top.

#2832 10 days ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Perhaps because the last time they moved the games HH was on the bottom of the stack instead of the top.

Looking at that stack I could not help but cringe, Haunted House is one HEAVY bitch. It took three of us to move mine from the workshop to the garage.

#2833 10 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:Not mine
I wish lol

I’ll bet that would look pretty normal in India.

#2834 9 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

You beat me to it!! I came to post this yesterday and got distracted... damn you Pinside!

Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

What page? I saw it all over “Pinball Enthusiasts” and “Pinball wizards” and “pinball random bullshit group #302630”

#2835 9 days ago

I think he still has room for 1-2 more pins on the top.

#2836 9 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Not mine
I wish lol

Pinball Tetris!

#2837 7 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Pinball Tetris!

.....or Jenga.

1 week later
#2838 22 hours ago

I’d of stacked them in a different order my self lol, poor World Cup soccer!

#2839 19 hours ago
Quoted from russdx:

I’d of stacked them in a different order my self lol, poor World Cup soccer!

110% agree!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 2839 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside