omg2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
FB_IMG_1710102812674 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg

There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 109.
#2401 3 years ago

I think it is way worse when a pinball seller does it cough “tnt”

#2402 3 years ago

Ouch,

I know they were not valuable back in ‘08. But the LAH, or Tempest arcade would be fairly desirable today. Some of the others would still be ok for a lot of people today.

And that Mario was only a 3 year old pinball at that time. How bad could it have been?

That’s one bad girls that bit the dust. No loss there. Haha

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

That’s one bad girls that bit the dust. No loss there. Haha

Actually, you'd be surprised at the number of WTB requests that I hear for that game.

Despite the odd theme, it's actually the eight ball deluxe layout with some additions & alterations.

#2404 3 years ago

Not my house, but an acquaintance of mine that lives in mid Michigan. The local damn failed because of heavy rain. There’s a pin swimming down there.

21162820-C2B8-41DC-9A5B-3D707308D2DE (resized).png21162820-C2B8-41DC-9A5B-3D707308D2DE (resized).png
#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Not my house, but an acquaintance of mine that lives in mid Michigan. The local damn failed because of heavy rain. There’s a pin swimming down there.
[quoted image]

F***********ck. That sucks so hard. Just had minor flooding in my basement in Ohio, so I feel the pain. I always thought pinball machines were exempt from flood damage because of the legs... You proved I'm wrong.

#2406 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The local damn failed

....damn, indeed.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

Poor bastard someone will probably be willing to buy it for parts or restore it if it a good one, so at least he may get some money for it still.

Quoted from Parker_tz:

The stripped everything out of them. It’s true that at the time pinball was NOT hot. It’s hard to believe but since I joined the hobby I’ve met a LOT of operators... you’d be sick at the stories of Medieval Madnesses and Twilight Zones and other greats that were literally just junked. Sometimes after less than 2 years. Many folks view them like a car tire, toss when worn...

#2408 3 years ago

This was in and around 2004 at an operators storage room in Kent, Wa. Could have picked these up very reasonable back then.

DSC05840 (resized).JPGDSC05840 (resized).JPGDSC05841 (resized).JPGDSC05841 (resized).JPGDSC05857 (resized).JPGDSC05857 (resized).JPGDSC05844 (resized).JPGDSC05844 (resized).JPGDSC05847 (resized).JPGDSC05847 (resized).JPG
#2409 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

What blows my mind just as much as how sad it is to see those machines destroyed, but also the safety of those guys on the roof. Every time they pitch a game over I swear one of them is about to lose their footing and fall off the roof....

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

This was in and around 2004 at an operators storage room in Kent, Wa. Could have picked these up very reasonable back then.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

An operator friend of mine said he was at a coin-op auction sometime in the 90s and bought a Stern Meteor for $5.00 and scrapped it out. The MPU had gone bad and there were no replacement MPUs until Alltek started making MPUs sometime around 2002. With no boards, a non-working pin was just in the way.

His attitude toward his money making tools is much different than the attitude I have regarding my "babies".

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

[quoted image]

That's for sale in my area, maybe even on here. The cab is pretty beat too and they want way too much in that condition.

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

What blows my mind just as much as how sad it is to see those machines destroyed, but also the safety of those guys on the roof. Every time they pitch a game over I swear one of them is about to lose their footing and fall off the roof....

If I remember correctly they said the cabinet was stripped of usable parts and otherwise infested with bugs or something. I'm sure they regret posting that video now because of the backlash over the years, but I don't see it as anything bad, other than the obvious safety concerns.

#2414 3 years ago

This Frankenpin just showed up on Marktplaats. Ouch.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture7.PNGCapture7.PNG
#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

This Frankenpin just showed up on Marktplaats. Ouch. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All that is missing is a Bally coin door and Chicago Coin beehive shooter.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

This Frankenpin just showed up on Marktplaats. Ouch. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was about to post it as well!

#2417 3 years ago

Just brought this home.
The game was bought by someone to make a virtual pinball and he only needed the cabinet.
I am grateful he didn't throw all the parts away but contacted me.

Still a sad sight.. not sure what I will do with it.. it should work when it's all connected.. maybe make something with a raspberry pi or arduino ?
Are there Williams em to raspberry kits ?

20200526_230151 (resized).jpg20200526_230151 (resized).jpg
#2418 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Just brought this home.
The game was bought by someone to make a virtual pinball and he only needed the cabinet.
Still a sad sight.. not sure what I will do with it.. it should work when it's all connected.. maybe make something with a raspberry pi or arduino ?
Are there Williams em to raspberry kits ?[quoted image]

Looks like all you need is a cabinet and it can be put back together. Maybe a cab will show up.

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Just brought this home.

Wait 6 months and see if he'll sell you the cabinet. Nobody ever finishes those virtual pinball projects. Ha!

#2420 3 years ago

That is one dirty playfield...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

[quoted image]

That will probably clean up nicely, though

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Wait 6 months and see if he'll sell you the cabinet. Nobody ever finishes those virtual pinball projects. Ha!

Probably right! Building it is one thing, making it all work and getting all the software situated is a whole other thing.
Tell him to keep any hardware he strips out

#2423 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Just brought this home.

Build a thick-walled lucite custom cabinet for it. The Visible EM!

Richard

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

[quoted image]

Scoop looks good though.

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

[quoted image]

I recently bought a dr.dude that was stored with the glass off as well, and was almost that dirty, but not quite. Cleaned up really well though, and I'm sure yours will too.

#2426 3 years ago

gottlieb sea belles arrived today.

look on the bright side, they didn't cut all of the cables.

about 30 wires.

20200527_202126 (resized).jpg20200527_202126 (resized).jpg
#2427 3 years ago

This poor EX-Wild Fyre currently on eBay Australia has been butchered, the brains of some idiots never cease to amaze me, and they call it Art, I call it dropped on you head at birth.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Authentic-Obscenity-Pinball-Machine-by-MAMBO-Australia/124200364273

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

This poor EX-Wild Fyre currently on eBay Australia has been butchered, the brains of some idiots never cease to amaze me, and they call it Art, I call it dropped on you head at birth.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Authentic-Obscenity-Pinball-Machine-by-MAMBO-Australia/124200364273 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Aaaaahhh me eyes can never un-see that!

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Aaaaahhh me eyes can never un-see that!

Agreed, makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a hot fork, what the f*#k are people thinking when they do that shit.??????

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Authentic-Obscenity-Pinball-Machine-by-MAMBO-Australia/124200364273 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I made some pretty interesting art projects back in my drug use days, but thats some hippy shit right there.

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

It is restorable just sand and then touch up and clearcoat the whole thing

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

This poor EX-Wild Fyre currently on eBay Australia has been butchered

... the flames up the left orbit behind the spinner are pretty sweet though.

Otherwise ... I just hope the PF was already trashed before they did that.
...... f**k

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I just hope the PF was already trashed before they did that.

Seeing that dull rough ball sitting in the top right hole, it probably was.

#2434 3 years ago

Basic...

IMG_20200528_185913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_185913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_190330 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_190330 (resized).jpg
#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

For my two cents...
I think it is much more colorful than an all solid blue painted xenon.

#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Great Family Theme....

#2437 3 years ago

The powersupply wiring in our Big Game....some work to be done.

IMG_1728 (resized).jpgIMG_1728 (resized).jpg

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Seeing that dull rough ball sitting in the top right hole, it probably was.

It actually looks like the tilt roll ball that has been used.

#2439 3 years ago

Love the speaker magnet! "Oh, THAT'S where that screw landed!" LOL

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

It is restorable just sand and then touch up and clearcoat the whole thing

Unfortunately from what I have seen from "THESE ARTIST'S" that do this, the paint will be that thick and most likely enamel, you would have to take it back to raw wood and start again.

I have a Stern Dracula that some "ARTIST" had tried to repaint the cabinet by brush back to original in enamel, I am still trying to sand it back "when it doesn't piss me off" and all it does is clog up and stuff the sandpaper, and I'm using P 80 heavy course paper. I do not want to go down the paint stripper path.

1 week later
#2441 3 years ago

Neglected Fathom ...

IMG_6986 (resized).JPGIMG_6986 (resized).JPGIMG_6985 (resized).JPGIMG_6985 (resized).JPG
#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

Neglected Fathom ...
[quoted image][quoted image]

UGH!! Save it, it just needs a little work and she'll be up and running in no time.

John

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

UGH!! Save it, it just needs a little work and she'll be up and running in no time.
John

I was waiting for someone to say it just needs a fuse... I suppose if all the other parts were still there someone could build one with a new reproduction cabinet.

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

Neglected Fathom ...

Was it being used as a chicken coop or something?

#2445 3 years ago

i dont understand the physics on how that lower cab is still in its intended shape. is that one cross-piece its last saving grace?

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

Neglected Fathom ...

The whole front coin door area can be re-formed with bondo. I seen something like it on a '73 malibu.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

i dont understand the physics on how that lower cab is still in its intended shape. is that one cross-piece its last saving grace?

The bracing is real!
Since the cab is totally gone, nail up the sides in your gameroom or shed. They look awesome! If the rest of the pieces are there just rebuild it into a fathom. It’s so good a game, I’d do it

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

Neglected Fathom ...

Looks to have no Playfield but if it does hep could make you a new cabinet if you had him restore it

#2449 3 years ago

Well, I was a bit fooling you guys.
Those previous pictures were taken at home .
I bought this Fathom last year, , disassembled the whole game and already begun the restoration with a parted out X and O's / Eight ball head .

IMG_6910 (resized).JPGIMG_6910 (resized).JPGIMG_6915 (resized).JPGIMG_6915 (resized).JPGIMG_6916 (resized).JPGIMG_6916 (resized).JPGIMG_6969 (resized).JPGIMG_6969 (resized).JPGIMG_6975 (resized).JPGIMG_6975 (resized).JPG
#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

Well, I was a bit fooling you guys.
Those previous pictures were taken at home .
I bought this Fathom last year, , disassembled the whole game and already begun the restoration with a parted out X and O's / Eight ball head .

You should post progress on your restoration.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/49?hl=blackwaterop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.