IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 110.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

At least it was on grass and dirt then on cement
Ouchie

Truth.. was helping a friend move some video games and had a large, heavy Atari cabinet go sideways off the hand truck onto grass. It escaped without any real damage. Those old Atari cabs are tough..

Richard

#2052 4 years ago

Craigslist ad posted over in another thread ... smd.craigslist.org link

Here are the photos since the listing will inevitably disappear:

horror1 (resized).jpghorror1 (resized).jpghorro2 (resized).jpghorro2 (resized).jpg
#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here are the photos since the listing will inevitably disappear:[quoted image][quoted image]

It's probably just a bad fuse..

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here are the photos since the listing will inevitably disappear:[quoted image][quoted image]

I would give them $50 for that - no doubt a lot of usable parts in that mess.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I would give them $50 for that - no doubt a lot of usable parts in that mess.

Yeah. Drop target assemblies and transformers are starting to be like gold.

#2056 4 years ago

Poor Rolling Stones

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Was that pile of trash worth $50.00?

e750fba706907ab7a1ee9ccbb751db69baf17efe (resized).jpge750fba706907ab7a1ee9ccbb751db69baf17efe (resized).jpg

If I could have driven to pick it up, I'm thinking yes. I'm betting the transformer just needs cleaned up. A $35.00 Weebly rectifier board and a little elbow grease and you have something to sell and put some money back in your pocket, and you still have some goodies left over to keep or sell.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).png

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
If I could have driven to pick it up, I'm thinking yes. I'm betting the transformer just needs cleaned up. A $35.00 Weebly rectifier board and a little elbow grease and you have something to sell and put some money back in your pocket, and you still have some goodies left over to keep or sell.
[quoted image]

And did that ebay listing sell???

#2059 4 years ago

Says sold for

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There were 2 trashed pins in the ad the other one is laying flat on the ground under that blue tarp.

#2061 4 years ago

WOW

#2062 4 years ago

2 x Bally coin doors a Stern coin door and a Gottlieb coin door, a Bally backboard with what's left of boards on it, and a backbox Backboard with what looks like Gottlieb boards attached, how many trashed machines are there, sad, so very very sad to see.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

And did that ebay listing sell???

Yes, this is a sold EBay listing. If you look carefully in the pic of the ad I posted you will see it is a sold unit. There is also another BIN auction just like it that also sold for $289.00.

Just go to EBay, type in “pinball transformer”, go to “sold items” have a look at the kind of money pin transformers are bringing.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, this is a sold EBay listing. If you look carefully in the pic of the ad I posted you will see it is a sold unit. There is also another BIN auction just like it that also sold for $289.00.
Just go to EBay, type in “pinball transformer”, go to “sold items” have a look at the kind of money pin transformers are bringing.

Yeah, wow! That's crazy

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Yeah, wow! That's crazy

Some of this is the talent in the marketing. Two same same items can sell for wildly different prices based on nothing more than some spit shine and polish and lots of real nice pictures, and some nicely written text.

There is another same same Bally transformer that sold for way less.

But this guy spends a bit to build and install a brand new Weebly rectifier and scoops up at least $100.00 extra.

Go to EBay and look at sold pinball coin doors. That Rolling Stones coin door is not beat up and will polish up nicely and bring $70.00 plus shipping with the right pics and good write up.

Sizzle sells.

#2066 4 years ago

I bought this same transformer at pintastic for 25$ at the flea market. People should really shop around. If you want to buy and fix pinball machines you can’t shop like you do on Amazon.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I bought this same transformer at pintastic for 25$ at the flea market. People should really shop around. If you want to buy and fix pinball machines you can’t shop like you do on Amazon.

I would agree with this. A little work at your local show can net some deals, albeit it can be hit and miss. We got an arcade spinner with single axis digital directional for $25, came from a Taoplan designed Taito made Ghox, and will be going into a bartop in the future. And I got the service manual for Gottlieb Solid State for $3 from a dealer a couple of years back.

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

I would agree with this. A little work at your local show can net some deals, albeit it can be hit and miss. We got an arcade spinner with single axis digital directional for $25, came from a Taoplan designed Taito made Ghox, and will be going into a bartop in the future. And I got the service manual for Gottlieb Solid State for $3 from a dealer a couple of years back.

The closest pinball show to me is TPF and that is 400 miles one way. I can only wish there was a show local to me.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

$8000 OBO

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The closest pinball show to me is TPF and that is 400 miles one way. I can only wish there was a show local to me.

Sounds like you need to start one. I used to live north of you(Lyons), but I moved to Cali, or else I'd be up for helping.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes...but TPF is awesome, and definitely worth it. See ya next year

#2072 4 years ago

If that Stones still had the scoring bumper posts that would have made it worth it right there.

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Jumping Jack Trashed.

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Yeah, wow! That's crazy

Yeah no doubt. Where are these people when I'm giving transformers away at the PATZ shows?

John

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yeah no doubt. Where are these people when I'm giving transformers away at the PATZ shows?
John

hey , i'll pm you my address , send them to meeeee

#2076 4 years ago

Not visually horrific, but horrifically stupid. Here’s why my T2 had poor left speaker sound...
It was stuffed in between the speaker and the grill.

5CC573C0-1FD5-431D-A3F0-9E3A9D0224FC (resized).jpeg5CC573C0-1FD5-431D-A3F0-9E3A9D0224FC (resized).jpeg
#2077 4 years ago

Have seen this many times in arcade machines-because the owners didn't know how to lower the volume.
So I suppose this is there for the same reason.

#2078 4 years ago

Sorry if this is someone’s here.... but wow.

6934D56D-BB84-45C2-9E67-0D936441EE7A (resized).png6934D56D-BB84-45C2-9E67-0D936441EE7A (resized).png
#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Sorry if this is someone’s here.... but wow.

Agreed, Wow...…….that is really just "WOW" too hard to put words to.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Sorry if this is someone’s here.... but wow.[quoted image]

I like colour in my games but..... there is such a thing as toooo much

1 month later
#2081 4 years ago

A very gross Metallica (Pro) at a nearby holiday park

DSC_0684 (resized).JPGDSC_0684 (resized).JPG
#2082 4 years ago

Crazy, ops can't give those pins a quick wipe down.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Crazy, ops can't give those pins a quick wipe down.

Upside is it'll likely be in better condition (playfield, anyway) when a collector finally gets their hands on it. Filthy, but generally with the artwork intact.

Richard

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Upside is it'll likely be in better condition (playfield, anyway) when a collector finally gets their hands on it. Filthy, but generally with the artwork intact.
Richard

Agreed. I have purchased many pins in the same condition to where the dirt actually preserved the play field as if mylar were put down, same with plastic ramps. The surface in the end after shopping ends up near flawless. One down side is, if there are subways, tunnels, etc anywhere that the ball travels under the playfield those all have to be removed and completely cleaned out.

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Richard

Yep, this was my experience with my Stars.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

A very gross Metallica (Pro) at a nearby holiday park[quoted image]

Is that actually dirt? Is it residue from the rubber? If it is dirt; How does this much crud get into the machine? That machine can't be that old. I can't believe its this cruddy.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Is that actually dirt? Is it residue from the rubber? If it is dirt; How does this much crud get into the machine? That machine can't be that old. I can't believe its this cruddy.

Rubber fragments, coil dust, just plain dust and grime.
Games get that dirty if not cleaned and maintained.

#2088 4 years ago

Does any one have the locations of closed operators or destroyed pinball machines so I can pick them up? Any condition
Thanks

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Does any one have the locations of closed operators or destroyed pinball machines so I can pick them up? Any condition
Thanks

Asks everyone new to Pinside!

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Thanks

Assume that anything you want or any closed operators have been picked clean about 10 years ago haha
I remember I was the same way when I joined 3 years ago. Nothing beats local contacts you make along the way.
Most longtime operators are also extremely miserable old men who never want to sell unless you pay NIB prices. Make friends with their wives just for future reference...

I can leave you a “hypothetical” situation (for legal reasons): if you find old rundown buildings that house old coin op you want, sometimes slipping the groundskeeper a Grant will allow you to do some impromptu “Junk Removal”

#2091 4 years ago

Another dumbass coffee table "for the retro lover".
Just $225 (CAD)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/326447854964103/

table (resized).JPGtable (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2092 4 years ago

Stolen from herbertbsharp off his Facebook.
Original Caption:
“Of all the beautiful things I've seen in Paris, today's find will have me waking up in the middle of the night screaming, for years to come.”

202DECC2-8FBA-4262-91D5-94CF7136A8F4.jpeg202DECC2-8FBA-4262-91D5-94CF7136A8F4.jpeg
#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Stolen from herbertbsharp off his Facebook.
Original Caption:
“Of all the beautiful things I've seen in Paris, today's find will have me waking up in the middle of the night screaming, for years to come.”[quoted image]

Ok so every once in a while I look at a pinball machine coffee table and think to myself “you know, that actually is pretty cool looking” but this is just too much. I can hear that sweet TX music slowly coming to a halt as the machine breathed its last breath. It’s a sad day for mankind

#2094 4 years ago

I think the real question is whether a coffee table with a hardtop is worth more than a coffee table with an original playfield?

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Ok so every once in a while I look at a pinball machine coffee table and think to myself “you know, that actually is pretty cool looking” but this is just too much. I can hear that sweet TX music slowly coming to a halt as the machine breathed its last breath. It’s a sad day for mankind

How is it any different than a bunch of populated play fields leaning against the wall in an operator's shop? At least the play field is still alive and being preserved. I have a pin that I would love to find a play field preserved like that to put in one of my pins.

It is a table because it quit working and making money for the operator. Prices were cheaper in the past like "this is junk" cheaper. There were no repro circuit boards. A coffee table saved it from the landfill or a leaky roof warehouse with mouse population making nests everywhere.

If it was leaning against a wall would that make you feel better?

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.00 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.36.16 AM (resized).png

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How is it any different than a bunch of populated play fields leaning against the wall in an operator's shop? At least the play field is still alive and being preserved. I have a pin that I would love to find a play field preserved like that to put in one of my pins.
It is a table because it quit working and making money for the operator. Prices were cheaper in the past like "this is junk" cheaper. There were no repro circuit boards. A coffee table saved it from the landfill or a leaky roof warehouse with mouse population making nests everywhere.
If it was leaning against a wall would that make you feel better?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You know what, I’m sure I may be taking your post the wrong way but oh well. I’m over all this pinside crap anyway. I have been doing this a long time. I know what games were worth in the past. I know how cheap they were and that machines were thrown away when broken. I have brought a hundred games back from the dead and most looked worse than the stacks of playfields you’ve shown. I’ve climbed through layers of playfields and warehouses full of empty cabinets to put one back together. I’ve rebuilt wiring harnesses that were mouse chewed. I’ve cleaned out tons of mold and rodent crap. I’ve done all that you’re talking about and I get what you’re saying. The TX is more sad to me in comparison to an EM machine cause I actually like it. I don’t care if it broke down in an age when the game was worthless or when it was brand new or even if it was made into a coffee table yesterday. It is still sad that the rest of the game got trashed considering some of the parts are really hard to find, but I guess they saved the playfield so in your mind everything is ok.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You know what, I’m sure I may be taking your post the wrong way but oh well. I’m over all this pinside crap anyway. I have been doing this a long time. I know what games were worth in the past. I know how cheap they were and that machines were thrown away when broken. I have brought a hundred games back from the dead and most looked worse than the stacks of playfields you’ve shown. I’ve climbed through layers of playfields and warehouses full of empty cabinets to put one back together. I’ve rebuilt wiring harnesses that were mouse chewed. I’ve cleaned out tons of mold and rodent crap. I’ve done all that you’re talking about and I get what you’re saying. The TX is more sad to me in comparison to an EM machine cause I actually like it. I don’t care if it broke down in an age when the game was worthless or when it was brand new or even if it was made into a coffee table yesterday. It is still sad that the rest of the game got trashed considering some of the parts are really hard to find, but I guess they saved the playfield so in your mind everything is ok.

I guess we are talking past each other. I read your post wrong. I apologize.

Yes, it is sad that a pin has died. When I see some of the brand of pins that I favor getting laid to waste it sort of brings a tear to my eye. I understand where you are coming from in that regard.

It is just that some get all huffy about a pin being turned into a coffee table and don't seem to consider any and all of the possibilities of why it happened it the first place and then carry an attitude that they want to pillory the "perp" who did such a dastardly thing to such a wonderful pin.

#2098 4 years ago

Found a Black Knight 2000 for sale with some board issues

$_86 (resized).JPG$_86 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Found a Black Knight 2000 for sale with some board issues

probably just a fuse

#2100 4 years ago

This poor TWD has bee left to fend for itself

C572A350-46FC-441D-9CD7-356BFADF94D1 (resized).jpegC572A350-46FC-441D-9CD7-356BFADF94D1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/42?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.