IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 110.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Start it at about 9 minutes in....

This was already posted probably a dozen pages in, too!

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This was already posted probably a dozen pages in, too!

Missed that. Sorry.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Missed that. Sorry.

Quoted from jorro:

Sorry don't know if this is posted before? Im in schock

Found it! It was 6 months ago. But the video you posted is much higher quality! Thanks for that. Also it turns out the melting arcade machines from Sleighton had not been posted here before. I think it was in another thread about abandoned pinball machines and such. I will find my pictures from the school and post them! The machines have since completely disintegrated into the floor. It was kind of insane. A very surreal experience.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Start it at about 9 minutes in....

He was obviously dropped on his head a birth, or escaped the bucket.

Gives a whole new meaning to the word cockhead.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

He was obviously dropped on his head a birth, or escaped the bucket.
Gives a whole new meaning to the word cockhead.

agreed . what a knobjockey if ever I saw one . exact same behaviour put me off movies 40 years ago . wrecking all those BEAUTIFUL American cars of the 50's -60's etc . not entertainment for me!!

#2006 4 years ago

With the new Hardtop product I am prepared to see a whole batch of decent play fields with a little wear being sanded down to bare wood so a hardtop can be applied. It makes me cringe just thinking about it and seems extra bad as it is done deliberately.

IMO original with some wear plays so much better. Totally thrashed is another story and is a good application for the product.

#2007 4 years ago

Not really a horror picture , but if the critters had more time or more critters involved.

20190711_150632 (resized).jpg20190711_150632 (resized).jpg20190711_150700 (resized).jpg20190711_150700 (resized).jpg
#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

With the new Hardtop product I am prepared to see a whole batch of decent play fields with a little wear being sanded down to bare wood so a hardtop can be applied. It makes me cringe just thinking about it and seems extra bad as it is done deliberately.
IMO original with some wear plays so much better. Totally thrashed is another story and is a good application for the product.

I played a hardtopped pin for the first time at pintastic and totally agree. It just plain played "odd" with the ball doing strange spin action at times, particularity off the lower kickers. Unless a playfield was trashed beyond hope I would not use one IMHO.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

He's well known in the bingo community for his high-quality reproductions of glasses and hardware, but he does pinball stuff too. He's not cheap, but he's well worth the money. If you have a backglass that doesn't require mirroring, he can also sell easy-to-ship films which you can apply to glass yourself. Here is his website: http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

holy crap he does beautiful work! So many amazing pieces available there.
And like so much stuff that has almost zero market, too! Must be a total labour of love. Q*Bert's Quest, mirrored Spirit, all the bingo art, Caveman, Rocky, even Still Crazy vertical prototype macihne, Hurricane Ice Hockey, etc etc

#2010 4 years ago
DEFF9DC8-42D4-44DB-80B5-99C8CD84A196 (resized).jpegDEFF9DC8-42D4-44DB-80B5-99C8CD84A196 (resized).jpeg
#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

[quoted image]

Ouch plate glass!

#2012 4 years ago

Just shaking my head thinking is it that hard to get the right buttons as to spending an hour or two with a pliers to enlarge the hole. The playfeild is done hoping for a hardtop overlay being made or another playfeild when i get to this. A belt sander would improve this one. Even the back glass is busted held in by just luck of the break. The inside looks as if was babied in a climate controlled collection after a short route run. It will be saved. Just no firm time line.
IMAG6056 (resized).jpgIMAG6056 (resized).jpgIMAG6057 (resized).jpgIMAG6057 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2014 4 years ago

Is the rabbit OK?

#2015 4 years ago

Picked this up today $125 Aussie plenty of good parts. The guy I bought it off said he was going to restore it as he was in the printing business and it would be an easy job.To good to dismantle if I had the room I'd place it with my other machines as a conversation piece it's also an Australian delivered machine.

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2701 (resized).JPGIMG_2701 (resized).JPGIMG_2702 (resized).JPGIMG_2702 (resized).JPGIMG_2703 (resized).JPGIMG_2703 (resized).JPGIMG_2704 (resized).JPGIMG_2704 (resized).JPGIMG_2705 (resized).JPGIMG_2705 (resized).JPGIMG_2706 (resized).JPGIMG_2706 (resized).JPGIMG_2707 (resized).JPGIMG_2707 (resized).JPG
#2016 4 years ago

That playfield

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Is the rabbit OK?

I’m glad they removed the rabbit pic.

#2018 4 years ago

Buff right out as we say in Mopar circles.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

[quoted image]

No worries. I've read it on good authority that plate glass is 100% fine for use as playfield glass. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Richard

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m glad they removed the rabbit pic.

The hell did I miss?!

Quoted from Adrian:

Picked this up today $125 Aussie plenty of good parts. The guy I bought it off said he was going to restore it as he was in the printing business and it would be an easy job.To good to dismantle if I had the room I'd place it with my other machines as a conversation piece it's also an Australian delivered machine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some folks had been pissing on me for saying “oh wow you can save that!” To some of the worst basket cases.
My opinion is that if the playfield is at least decent, a machine can be brought back, the playfield is truly the heart of a game. In this case that playfield looks like it suffered excessive exposure to the elements and has been absolutely ruined. These are common enough that I’d purchase a new one. The wood must be pitted, chipped and warped beyond repair. The rest of the game and cab looks like with dedication it can be an playable game.

#2021 4 years ago

The hell did I miss?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tom-issues-1/page/16#post-5104074

See post #761. Somebody's poor bunny rabbit got lost, got trapped in a swimming pool. Didn't make it out.

#2022 4 years ago

So I picked this up to snag some parts, and after seeing it in person the first time, some laughs.

All I can say is wow. And WTH is this wired in lightswitch?
image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpeg

Forgot to mention in its former life it was a GTB Grand Slam.....

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So I picked this up to snag some parts, and after seeing it in person the first time, some laughs.
All I can say is wow. And WTH is this wired in lightswitch?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Forgot to mention in its former life it was a GTB Grand Slam.....

The ol’ lightswitch on/off switch trick. I assume the other turns it to freeplay somehow. You see them a ton for some reason and they’re all stupid when the original switch was pretty damn simple to begin with

#2024 4 years ago

The ol’ lightswitch on/off switch trick. I assume the other turns it to freeplay somehow. You see them a ton for some reason and they’re all stupid when the original switch was pretty damn simple to begin with

It could also be to switch the bells off.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

That is an interesting thought, and not a bad idea. Plastic 4" square boxes are like .79 cents though, funny that the person fabricated one out of wood. Even if plastic wasn't available metal junction boxes have been around forever and couldn't be much more money.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That is an interesting thought, and not a bad idea. Plastic 4" square boxes are like .79 cents though, funny that the person fabricated one out of wood. Even if plastic wasn't available metal junction boxes have been around forever and couldn't be much more money.

Less risk of a short using wood over metal.

#2027 4 years ago

The switch box is pure Americana and a piece of art.

The artist’s struggle is man’s struggle...

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

I considered that, but with the location of the box in the picture, it seems like an odd place if you were trying to turn the chimes off. Also could a simple lightswitch actually work in that manner? I wasn’t sure if that would actually work or not.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Just shaking my head thinking is it that hard to get the right buttons as to spending an hour or two with a pliers to enlarge the hole. The playfeild is done hoping for a hardtop overlay being made or another playfeild when i get to this. A belt sander would improve this one. Even the back glass is busted held in by just luck of the break. The inside looks as if was babied in a climate controlled collection after a short route run. It will be saved. Just no firm time line.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There are insert decal kits available, and CPR has Night Rider in the boutique zone as a possible run. I have 2, one nice playing one and a project. I made a playfield overlay for mine, some of the inserts were hilariously sunk.

#2030 4 years ago

I bought to many plants for the garden this year so I made a planter box next to the garage for some extra vine tomatoes

1563976610943439689288 (resized).jpg1563976610943439689288 (resized).jpg
#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I bought to many plants for the garden this year so I made a planter box next to the garage for some extra vine tomatoes[quoted image]

SAVE the coin door !!!!

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

SAVE the coin door !!!!

No doubt. I have one on a project that is uglier than that.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

SAVE the coin door !!!!

At the very least the "W" logo block out plate.

#2034 4 years ago

Somebody had to do it!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Somebody had to do it![quoted image]

#2036 4 years ago

I found this hot melt glue fix in my latest machine.

IMG_4113 (resized).jpgIMG_4113 (resized).jpg
#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I found this hot melt glue fix in my latest machine.[quoted image]

Looks pretty nifty. Does it work OK?

Looks like the guy saved at least $20.00 on buying the one part and the postage cost to ship it in.

If he did for himself is one thing; If he did it to just unload a pin on you is something else.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks pretty nifty. Does it work OK?
Looks like the guy saved at least $20.00 on buying the one part and the postage cost to ship it in.
If he did for himself is one thing; If he did it to just unload a pin on you is something else.

I does work so far. It was done by a local repairman (confirmed by an un-named business card and bill found inside of the machine), not the seller. There are many hack repairs in this machine, many wire nuts instead of solder and a few connections where the wire was just wrapped instead of being soldered.

#2039 4 years ago

Sweet Jesus

7C551748-9786-4304-991A-6FDE33CAD7DE (resized).jpeg7C551748-9786-4304-991A-6FDE33CAD7DE (resized).jpeg
#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sweet Jesus [quoted image]

She lives!

20190727_222213 (resized).jpg20190727_222213 (resized).jpg
#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This has happened in my head so many times. No damage?

#2042 4 years ago

The way it was stuck in the tree, I thought it fell out of the sky, or off a truck. Glad FT is safe!

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

At the very least the "W" logo block out plate.

I have a some of those as a decal.
When I was restoring Williams' games from the 70's

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I have a some of those as a decal.
When I was restoring Williams' games from the 70's

Ooooh i was just looking for one of those for my BK recently. Any idea where i might find one of those?

#2045 4 years ago

Much more laughable than an actual "horror" pic.

Somebody improvised the volume control on Tri-Zone.

"Quick!!! Somebody grab me a terry cloth and duct tape! I can FIX THIS!!!"

SMH!
~Steveo

System6 Vol Hack (resized).jpgSystem6 Vol Hack (resized).jpgVolume Control (resized).jpgVolume Control (resized).jpg
#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh the days of getting drunk and passing out on some poor strangers lawn.
Fish tales need to learn that you need to be careful when you mix smoking and drinking at a party.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Oh the days of getting drunk and passing out on some poor strangers lawn.
Fish tales need to learn that you need to be careful when you mix smoking and drinking at a party.

And not to trust Harbor Freight Dollys!

#2049 4 years ago

THIS is why I do not drink and pin!

#2050 4 years ago

At least it was on grass and dirt then on cement
Ouchie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 5,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/41?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.