IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 110.
#151 8 years ago

Wow that room of them a few posts back from Iowa look like they may not be too bad all things considered, probably a better topper plastic than mine on Pinbot, the one big glaring issue on mine thankfully not visible from the front. That'll be hell to replace if I ever do.

#152 8 years ago

Found the building owner, game owner guy doesn't know he's getting evicted yet. He said we're welcome to tell him and try to buy the games at that point. Game owner is apparently late 70's and plans on fixing them up for his future arcade. Says there is many more that are not in view from the road.

Game owner is the one who lives behind, Building owner is the only one we have talked to so far.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Found the building owner, game owner guy doesn't know he's getting evicted yet. He said we're welcome to tell him and try to buy the games at that point. Game owner is apparently late 70's and plans on fixing them up for his future arcade. Says there is many more that are not in view from the road.
Game owner is the one who lives behind, Building owner is the only one we have talked to so far.

Just tell him not to demo the place without giving you the opportunity to save them!

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just tell him not to demo the place without giving you the opportunity to save them!

Turns out he is just a tenant. So he doesn't have control of the demo but I believe this is his only place to live and he is elderly so its not like he can move all of these games and its not like he has a place to store them. So we are trying to reason with him through that. He could use the money I am sure. Its not like I am trying to take them for free, just save them.

I have 20 games right now 14 of which are working fully, the rest projects that I haven't started. Only one of those games did I receive that were working at all when I got them. I am not the best at getting these running but I am persistent and I will eventually make them play again. He is apparently really passionate about these games so we are trying to bring him over to show him what I can do with a lot of time and motivation.

#155 8 years ago

He is apparently really passionate about these games

Well that's the thing with pinball ain't it Good luck one this one!

#156 8 years ago

More honey and horror:

honey_02.jpghoney_02.jpg wareh09.jpgwareh09.jpg pinball4.jpgpinball4.jpg
#157 8 years ago

eeeouch !

#158 8 years ago

Yeah that last one hurts. Love that Stern Dracula cabinet though.

#159 8 years ago

Funny to see pictures I took on almost every page here

About that Drac a few posts up - that was a warehouse find I had many years ago, more pictures here:
http://www.flippers.be/warehouse_find.html

All games were bought and sold by a local dealer.
Some were really bad but most were ok. Some electronic ones (like the U-Boat) even still worked completely.

On the first page the picture of the HH cabinet in an attic.
It was a HH in quite good condition that I had even shopped the playfield.
A friend of mine wanted it but had no storage so he 'hid' it in the attic of his moms house.

The Gottlieb cabs on fire is also taken from my website.
Same local dealer who bought the lot above, acquired a lot of mostly Gottlieb / Vifico games from Spain.
They all had been flooded but the water had retracted very fast and games dried out quickly. So most games didn't have water / mold damage but had a layer of mud over them.
He cleaned and sold most of the games, only what really was too bad was parted out (what's on fire are empty cabinets that he back then even couldn't get rid off for $5 on ebay).

The worn Bad Girls playfield was also a game I had.
Bought it that way, it had been stored in the greenhouse addition and temperature differences made the paint peel off. Whilst playing even more paint would flake off all the time, except for the center part covered by mylar. The game played when I bought it but half a year later had problems with battery corrosion so then I parted it out.

Edit: this may also interest some people http://www.flippers.be/coca-cola_enamel.html
although it's not pinball and not horror as it's a good ending, but still a special find

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

A friend of mine wanted it but had no storage so he 'hid' it in the attic of his moms house.

How in the Hell did he get it up there ? that's Hillarious

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

How in the Hell did he get it up there ? that's Hillarious

I helped him carry it

Worst of all, he wanted to store it at his mothers house without her knowing it.
Before she arrived home the neighbour already had told her what happened.
So in the end he better had told her, so we could just have left it in the garage instead of lifting it up the stairs and doing all the trouble..

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Funny to see pictures I took on almost every page here

Nice to hear now all the details of those images!

Worn_High_Speed_Pinball.jpgWorn_High_Speed_Pinball.jpg
#163 8 years ago

More horror & honey, and i want that TAF playfield!

108376116_eac5648ab4.jpg108376116_eac5648ab4.jpg trash.jpgtrash.jpg dirt_01.jpgdirt_01.jpg wareh35.jpgwareh35.jpg taf_playfield.jpgtaf_playfield.jpg
#164 8 years ago

This Playboy was listed on CL for 1600, then 1500, then 1200, then finally "best offer" along with these photos. Some dolt tried to pick it up off the garage floor by the backbox, and ripped that and the entire back of the cabinet off. I gave him 75 bucks for the mess just to get the backglass, which is in very nice condition.
playboy1.jpgplayboy1.jpgplayboy2.jpgplayboy2.jpg

#165 8 years ago

Wow stupid, but for $75 you got back glass and a good supply of extra/spare parts that could be used again too.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

This Playboy was listed on CL for 1600, then 1500, then 1200, then finally "best offer" along with these photos. Some dolt tried to pick it up off the garage floor by the backbox, and ripped that and the entire back of the cabinet off. I gave him 75 bucks for the mess just to get the backglass, which is in very nice condition.

Was the playfield good enough to be swapped into another cab?

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Tanooki:

Wow stupid, but for $75 you got back glass and a good supply of extra/spare parts that could be used again too.

Yep, already used a whole bunch of posts & screws. The lockdown bar and siderails are nice too. One day I'll have to see if the boards & displays are any good.

Quoted from Pahuffman:

Was the playfield good enough to be swapped into another cab?

Nope, just 'wall-hanging' condition.

#168 8 years ago

Some of these are horror pics, I see treasure in some of these.

#169 8 years ago

a lot of that stuff i'd haul away for free just to salvage for parts. but wouldn't pay money for most of it. The nicer stuff maybe $25 or so.

#170 8 years ago

Road%20Kings_zpsvnpzej1a.jpgRoad%20Kings_zpsvnpzej1a.jpgRoad%20Kings2_zpsipnbpv3o.jpgRoad%20Kings2_zpsipnbpv3o.jpg

#171 8 years ago

Did you manage to save that one?

#172 8 years ago

That Road Kings would have been an easy restore! The paint was already stripped down to bare wood!

#173 8 years ago

They could retheme it as "Worn King"

#174 8 years ago

This was left outside all winter.. Woman got divorced and had to leave the house with the kids. She rented a house near our local betson dealer up on a hill. Was driving by and happen to look up on the hill... Inside the enclosed porch was a perfect Jurassic park that I got for $400 a mspacman for $150 and this diner I got for free and parted it out.. Was a few years ago.
Dead bees nest in the head, legs were 3" deep in the lawn lol glass was on it and protected the play field well

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#175 8 years ago

that road kings cabinet would make a nice TWD LE cabinet

#176 8 years ago

Someone should check the coin box on that road kings. Looks like the lock is still on there.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

They could retheme it as "Worn King"

I was thinking more like "Roadkill".

#178 8 years ago

.4.jpg4.jpg5 (2).jpg5 (2).jpg6 (2).jpg6 (2).jpg6.jpg6.jpg

#179 8 years ago

I like the Shagadelic

#180 8 years ago

that austin powers machine is awesome. I want it.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I like the Shagadelic

Can't stop laughing at that AP!

#182 8 years ago
SC1.jpgSC1.jpg sc2.jpgsc2.jpg sc3.jpgsc3.jpg sc4.jpgsc4.jpg
#183 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This was left outside all winter.. Woman got divorced and had to leave the house with the kids. She rented a house near our local betson dealer up on a hill. Was driving by and happen to look up on the hill... Inside the enclosed porch was a perfect Jurassic Park that I got for $400 a mspacman for $150 and this diner I got for free and parted it out.. Was a few years ago.
Dead bees nest in the head, legs were 3" deep in the lawn lol glass was on it and protected the play field well
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

just a bit of TLC and she'll be good to go.

#184 8 years ago

that SC was found like 5 or 6 years ago. I remember watching the thread when it was found and being brought back to life. Awesome find. That was like finding buried treasure.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that SC was found like 5 or 6 years ago. I remember watching the thread when it was found and being brought back to life. Awesome find. That was like finding buried treasure.

Yes, it was thrown out of pub in Scotland and brought back to life (It did boot after the guy turned it on).

I remember the photos of pinball machines in New Zealand around year 2000 or so. I remember that there were IJ an JD left outside operators warehouse, but I cannot find the link .

#186 8 years ago

wish i had the pics,

found a space invaders in a barn a friend of mine had...

was a HUO game for 99% of its life...

3'' of bird shit all over it..yuck...

but cleaned up great ! and the PF was like new...

but it was a terrible sight at first glance...

dont know how the BG made it through it.. but it did that was perfect as well

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

wish i had the pics,

Think this is your pic (bird shit removed)

20140927_130543_resized.jpg20140927_130543_resized.jpg
#188 8 years ago

LOL

That thing looks like it belongs in an operating room compared to what mine looked like LOL

#189 8 years ago

Paragon and...

DSC_0064.JPGDSC_0064.JPG
#190 8 years ago

Smashed Millionaire

Milll_01.jpgMilll_01.jpg
#191 8 years ago

Not so Eager Beaver
Photos are from a few years back
when Seller did not pack game properly and NAVL might have
been a little rough with it.
I blame the Seller more than the shipping agent,
because the seller was a prominent collector
and should have known better.
Luckily found another eager beaver with better PF&BG , 6 months later.

broken+Eager+Beaver+Backglass.jpgbroken+Eager+Beaver+Backglass.jpgpuzzle+pieces+of+eager+beaver.jpgpuzzle+pieces+of+eager+beaver.jpg

#193 8 years ago

He is apparently really passionate about these games so we are trying to bring him over to show him what I can do with a lot of time and motivation.

Any news on this story?

#194 8 years ago

This popped up on a thread about getting some used EATPM ramps. The guy was parting it out.

Elvira Black.jpgElvira Black.jpg
#195 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

was it shipped in the head of the game?

Eager Beaver head was strapped face down to the body,
problem was that it had no back door, so when the ratchet straps were tighten down
it cracked/broke the sides of the head and also apparently
allowed the BG in the head to jostle loose and crash to piece in route.

Could have been a better pack job,
the seller /collector (who had a warehouse of >100 pins)
apparently had some of his employees do the packing
and they not being pinball savvy, did only a poor job of it.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

This popped up on a thread about getting some used EATPM ramps. The guy was parting it out.

Elvira Black.jpg

EATPM - SE (Sharpie Edition or Shit)

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Any news on this story?

Nothing yet, still haven't been able to reach the guy. The building owner swears that he will let us know before the building is knocked down. So we will either get the games or this guy will have to move them. Either way he will know that we are interested in the games.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Elvira Black.jpg

This is what happens when you never wipe down the playfield.

#199 8 years ago

My next project.
Word is that the glass was left off while in garage storage for 15 years.

IMG_3020.JPGIMG_3020.JPG
IMG_3022.JPGIMG_3022.JPG
IMG_3025.JPGIMG_3025.JPG

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Elvira Black.jpg

Any paint is better than bare wood as they say!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.