IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 110.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Actually happened to my friend I went to school with last year. Kid has a suped up WRX and the engine landed in his lap. Still in a wheelchair and probably won’t walk again.
Not gonna lie the thought briefly went through my mind when we crashed and I was amazed how the cabin wasn’t compromised at all by the impact

I’m not trying to be funny but Subaru might be interested in seeing and hearing about your experience.

#1852 4 years ago

She was, I hope you’re not implying I was not paying attention because I was and I was slowing down as was traffic. You can’t come to a complete stop in 2 seconds, even the trooper and the car that was hit first said that she hit him without any attempt to stop. I hit my brakes but brakes can’t stop you as fast as stationary object does!
I didn’t take pictures of the first car she hit, but she hit him pretty squarely and I had swerved as best I could so it was mostly the passenger side that took the blow

Both were, if you didn't have time to stop you were to close.

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Both were, if you didn't have time to stop you were to close.

Figured I’d find the idiot here. Have you ever been in rush hour traffic? You don’t get to have a large gap between the cars. Someone cuts in front of you.

#1854 4 years ago

Figured I’d find the idiot here. Have you ever been in rush hour traffic? You don’t get to have a large gap between the cars. Someone cuts in front of you.

I always get flustered and upset with that....I dont handle traffic well always, but I try to give more space than I need to feel less stressed and more comfortable; but, it's inevitable that, every time you do that, someone fills in your "comfort buffer".

If you are in a smaller vehicle than the one in front of you and can't see past it well, trying to give more distance sometimes works.....sometimes doesn't.

As a person not on the scene, I don't have a right to judge. I would, however, certainly give you a benefit of the doubt. I mean, if a vehicle in front of you slows/brakes (showing tail lights) etc....you should be able to slow in time or else YES you are too close. But, if a vehicle in front of you smashes into something causing it to near instant stop with no warning, tail lights, etc.....well, I don't feel I could say it was something easily reactable (made up word?) to at all, potentially...

Not starting a super big debate. Just my feeling on it.

Like I said, doesn't even matter at this point; versus health of the people involved.

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I always get flustered and upset with that....I dont handle traffic well always, but I try to give more space than I need to feel less stressed and more comfortable; but, it's inevitable that, every time you do that, someone fills in your "comfort buffer".
If you are in a smaller vehicle than the one in front of you and can't see past it well, trying to give more distance sometimes works.....sometimes doesn't.
As a person not on the scene, I don't have a right to judge. I would, however, certainly give you a benefit of the doubt. I mean, if a vehicle in front of you slows/brakes (showing tail lights) etc....you should be able to slow in time or else YES you are too close. But, if a vehicle in front of you smashes into something causing it to near instant stop with no warning, tail lights, etc.....well, I don't feel I could say it was something easily reactable (made up word?) to at all, potentially...
Not starting a super big debate. Just my feeling on it.
Like I said, doesn't even matter at this point; versus health of the people involved.

That’s completely understandable and my feelings as well. I was pretty upset as I was actually paying attention, of all the times I’ve been a less-than-attentive driver, I was most frustrated that I had been scanning traffic and just started slowing down accordingly and still hit this woman. When I got out I was confused by this until I saw the other car she had hit, who had moved further up the road about 50 yards or so.

I did state in my original post too, that she didn’t apply her brakes at all so there were no tail lights or any typical warning signs. The car in front of me was driving and then hit the car in front of her causing her to come to a complete stop without ever hitting her brakes.

« Some content hidden, only visible to registered Pinsiders »
#1856 4 years ago

I'm curious if today's AI systems could avoid that accident. Not likely.

Thankful you made it. Perhaps it's luck; I always felt Subaru was a brand safer than most.

#1857 4 years ago

That’s completely understandable and my feelings as well. I was pretty upset as I was actually paying attention, of all the times I’ve been a less-than-attentive driver, I was most frustrated that I had been scanning traffic and just started slowing down accordingly and still hit this woman. When I got out I was confused by this until I saw the other car she had hit, who had moved further up the road about 50 yards or so.
I did state in my original post too, that she didn’t apply her brakes at all so there were no tail lights or any typical warning signs. The car in front of me was driving and then hit the car in front of her causing her to come to a complete stop without ever hitting her brakes.
Had there been some warning, or had I been dicking around or on my phone, I would admit my fault and understand if I cause the accident.
So understandably I am pretty flustered when do all the right things and the accident still happened.

And I’m betting the woman who did not apply her brakes was fiddling around with her cell phone.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And I’m betting the woman who did not apply her brakes was fiddling around with her cell phone.

and whoever behind Subaru WAS paying attention. they missed

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

This is scary. Does it splash at you or simply drop to the floor?
I'm curious if glass temperature versus hand temperature combined with holding technique/force suddenly seals the deal (your bloods flowing, your hands are warm, your palm and fingers are resting on the surface instead of trapping the edges).

I had the glass spray outwards from the sides of my hands... It is weird because your hands are still
in the glass grasp position.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I had the glass spray outwards from the sides of my hands... It is weird because your hands are still
in the glass grasp position.

Ya tempered glass is strange. I had a sheet outside leaning against the garage at my old house ontop of a milk crate. The driveway was concrete. Wind caught it and it fell off the milk crate onto the driveway, surprisingly didnt break it.

Then a week later different glass, was putting it down gently on a piece of wood and it barely touched it and it exploded.

#1861 4 years ago

I had a sheet of brand new glass explode in my hands at pinfest. I put it on the carpet, was holding it with one hand, wiping it down with the other, and kaboom. First time I had a piece of glass break on me. The maintenance guys for the building said it was 4th piece of glass that broke that day thus far.

#1862 4 years ago

Not pinball but 30 years ago as I was driving a Mazda RX-7 down the street the driver window shattered into a million pieces.

I thought I had been shot at but it was just the window deciding it was game over.

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I'm curious if glass temperature versus hand temperature combined with holding technique/force suddenly seals the deal (your bloods flowing, your hands are warm, your palm and fingers are resting on the surface instead of trapping the edges).

Usually it's not temperature that's the problem.
What happen more imo is when a game is not levelled well and 1 corner is too high/low. The glass will have pressure on it whilst in the game, you slide it out, the pressure suddenly falls away and boom it shatters in your hands..

The edges of tempered glass are fragile, so when putting it down if you're not careful and touch the ground with an edge/corner first it can also suddenly shatter.

#1864 4 years ago

...that'll buff right out.

#1865 4 years ago

Too loud? Just cut the wires!

$_86 (resized).JPG$_86 (resized).JPG
#1866 4 years ago

I don't have pics of nasty pinball tables but I remember encountering a few in the past.

One was a The Getaway: High Speed II at a pizza place with a significantly dirty playfield and a broken right flipper that cost me a few balls. Another was a Coney Island! that one of my uncles has in his basement. It looked fine on the outside, but he said when he bought it that someone had gutted the electronics and it needed a complete interior overhaul.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Too loud? Just cut the wires!
[quoted image]

A guy I know used Duck Tape and wrapped it around and around the back box
speaker grill and all around the back box frame...The game was a Pinbot...
All I could do was laugh.

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from FunnyStarRunner:

It looked fine on the outside, but he said when he bought it that someone had gutted the electronics and it needed a complete interior overhaul.

Ah! I had to do a repair on a game the guy said "it only needed a relay"...
Same as above.

#1869 4 years ago

Sorry, but this is just wrong. Are some dressing up our pins like people dress their pets?

B1AA7A29-4AD2-4AD3-8BD4-AB5421304BE7 (resized).pngB1AA7A29-4AD2-4AD3-8BD4-AB5421304BE7 (resized).png
#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Sorry, but this is just wrong. Are some dressing up our pins like people dress their pets?
[quoted image]

I just don't know what to say about this other than a line was crossed that should never be crossed.

#1871 4 years ago

Next logical step from PinFooties - PinBooties!

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Next logical step from PinFooties - PinBooties!

I guess if they were rollerblades it would make it easy to move the pin around...

#1873 4 years ago
0D94073A-7A07-4E47-9E21-1A6AD0C4CB8A (resized).jpeg0D94073A-7A07-4E47-9E21-1A6AD0C4CB8A (resized).jpeg
#1874 4 years ago

Thanks. I hate it.

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

but this is just wrong.

What, they just didn't want to go 'all out' on new levelers !

#1876 4 years ago

Not horrible but thought it was funny!

98E14DB4-52A5-489F-93ED-5A2C9A5CE4E1 (resized).jpeg98E14DB4-52A5-489F-93ED-5A2C9A5CE4E1 (resized).jpegBBCB8CB5-1408-4CA1-A1BF-EA296D42E594 (resized).jpegBBCB8CB5-1408-4CA1-A1BF-EA296D42E594 (resized).jpeg
#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That knob must be part of the LE package

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

OK, I'm charmed.

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Genius lol

#1880 4 years ago

My grandmother had those exact same doorknobs throughout her house. I wish I had kept one to re-purpose on this basis for my SBM!

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Early Prototype Stern Super LE , It's real crystal

#1882 4 years ago

I can only hope my cars engine is this well lubricated

0B2C04C3-8A34-47DA-B4CB-E41D9826A498 (resized).jpeg0B2C04C3-8A34-47DA-B4CB-E41D9826A498 (resized).jpeg
#1883 4 years ago

"Keep her running, we just changed out our 3rd Keg."
"Where's Jimmy?

"He's drunk. I've been watching him, think I can do this".

"Hey Barkeep! The flippers suck on this machine. C'mon Man, Got 100 bucks riding on it."

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

It looks like they used wire rope lubricant. What were they not thinking?

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

I love the spare parts they used to "make it work". Is that a battery terminal clamp? :0)

Unlike most, I don't think these hacks are horrible...nowadays, with the internet, parts are easy to find...but being someone who tried to keep an EM pinball going in the 80's, I remember what it was like with Radio Shack being you only parts supplier. Many of these hacks are ingenious...

#1886 4 years ago

Actually happened to my friend I went to school with last year. Kid has a suped up WRX and the engine landed in his lap. Still in a wheelchair and probably won’t walk again.
Not gonna lie the thought briefly went through my mind when we crashed and I was amazed how the cabin wasn’t compromised at all by the impact

I too have a WRX and have only seen or heard of this exact situation happening when the front subframe/cross member is removed. Allot of people remove these to reduce weight but don't realise that what it does is, it is designed so that in a front impact the engine will be pushed underneath of the car instead of into the firewall or cabin. I will never remove mine. I've reduced weight in mine using other, much safer methods.

#1887 4 years ago

I always had a sneaky feeling about coil stops...turns out they were invented by the pinball industrial complex...just to scare the public...and of course fatten their profits.

Here’s your proof they’re not needed

2 zip ties made from 100% hemp work just fine

868B81C5-8EA1-4F35-8B2F-3D090B0CAF1C (resized).jpeg868B81C5-8EA1-4F35-8B2F-3D090B0CAF1C (resized).jpeg
#1888 4 years ago

that door handle makes a great TAF shooter rod end lol

1 week later
#1889 4 years ago

Saw this Jack In The Box on Facebook. Looks like a barn find, backglass is nowhere to be found, but my main thing is you would think they could sweep away the creepy crawlies before taking pictures.
61692419_1322001107947187_9177560841933815808_n (resized).jpg61692419_1322001107947187_9177560841933815808_n (resized).jpg61801875_1322003621280269_6391010842250313728_n (resized).jpg61801875_1322003621280269_6391010842250313728_n (resized).jpg

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

Saw this Jack In The Box on Facebook. Looks like a barn find, backglass is nowhere to be found, but my main thing is you would think they could sweep away the creepy crawlies before taking pictures.

restored worse, I would take it

#1891 4 years ago

It will buff out.

horror1 (resized).jpghorror1 (resized).jpghorror2 (resized).jpghorror2 (resized).jpghorror3 (resized).jpghorror3 (resized).jpg
#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It will buff out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have not restored worse, but would take it for free - I see a 5" Gottlieb bell in that cab. Gotta be more usable stuff in there.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Have not restored worse, but would take it for free - I see a 5" Gottlieb bell in that cab. Gotta be more usable stuff in there.

7685CCD7-BA74-412D-ACE8-0B7A574033A8 (resized).jpeg7685CCD7-BA74-412D-ACE8-0B7A574033A8 (resized).jpeg
#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It will buff out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not even useful for wall art!! Take the pop bumper caps, strip all the metal parts and use the free firewood.
Probably couldn’t even get a good serial number off of it to record for posterity. How sad!

#1895 4 years ago

Actually meant to post the link to the source: fresno.craigslist.org link

#1896 4 years ago

Looks like he actually made it worse while taking pics

00K0K_eXAIre3eSF8_600x450 (resized).jpg00K0K_eXAIre3eSF8_600x450 (resized).jpg00d0d_flDgu9wguFM_600x450 (resized).jpg00d0d_flDgu9wguFM_600x450 (resized).jpg
#1897 4 years ago

Looks like a hardtop candidate lol.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It will buff out.

Quoted from dasvis:

I see a 5" Gottlieb bell in that cab. Gotta be more usable stuff in there.

Apron actually looks like it held up pretty well too, considering the condition of the game and no PF glass.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Apron actually looks like it held up pretty well too, considering the condition of the game and no PF glass.

Yeah, but it never rains in California

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Looks like he actually made it worse while taking pics[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I had this kind of blind confidence to ask money for literal, complete garbage. Boy, how do they do it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/38?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.