Mata Horrible (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240404-001917_Google (resized).jpg
jesus1 (resized).jpg
WP_20161110_23_18_52_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).png
hop6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
There are 5,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 110.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Indy has been through worse.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Crispy well done IJ. The boards and playfield are ok according to original posters info.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Probably had a nazi swastika on it.

crate (resized).jpgcrate (resized).jpg
#1803 5 years ago

Isnt the mpu in that corner? Or is it the transformer?

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Isnt the mpu in that corner? Or is it the transformer?

Neither.

It's empty space for a few inches, then there's the DMD controller board and the driver board.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1322&picno=31277

#1805 5 years ago

Maybe the fire started on the outside?

#1806 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Crispy well done IJ. The boards and playfield are ok according to original posters info.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What exactly am I looking at here?
Is the metal box mounted to the side of the cabinet an ashtray and this was causes by a lit cigarette or something?
Trying to figure this out because the wood on the inside doesn't look burnt all that bad.

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What exactly am I looking at here?
Is the metal box mounted to the side of the cabinet an ashtray and this was causes by a lit cigarette or something?
Trying to figure this out because the wood on the inside doesn't look burnt all that bad.

It looks like it has one of those flip up covers like the car door ashtrays in the 80s & 90s.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like it has one of those flip up covers like the car door ashtrays in the 80s & 90s.
[quoted image]

Yeah, thats pretty much what it looked like to me as well.
Did someone leave a lit cigarette in there while the head box was down and it started something in the ashtray on fire?
I guess the white powder on the floor is probably either from a fire extinguisher or they put baking soda on it to put the fire out.
Either way pretty bizarre and gnarly.

#1809 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Did someone leave a lit cigarette in there while the head box was down and it started something in the ashtray on fire?

No, you can see the melted/burning goo ran down the side of the back box, so that means it was vertical during the fire.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No, you can see the melted/burning goo ran down the side of the back box, so that means it was vertical during the fire.

Good observation.

#1811 5 years ago

and the ashtray would be totally dis coloured . . .

Quoted from Neal_W:

#1812 5 years ago

Thats the ultra ultra rare "temple of doom Kali Ma offering" mod

10k by xmas youre welcome

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]

Quoted from gdonovan:

Follow up on Tradewinds- Asked seller when the last time it was played, got the "no idea, never plugged it in" answer.

Quoted from Colsond3:

I've gotten that answer quite a few times, gotta love it. As if somebody had something that plugs in and takes up that much space for that long...and never even tried it.

Follow up for ForceFlow and gdonovan

I'm a new member, never even looked inside a pinball machine before this week. I just made an account to read up on my brand new Trade Winds pinball machine I bought off LetGo. It was the same one you guys were laughing at back in 2017, in this thread.

The photo posted is from the day the seller bought it. The "crack-house" people mentioned was an abandoned clubhouse owned by an elderly man who bought the machine brand new in 1962. About 20 years ago this man had to be put in a nursing home, where he lived for 15 years (maintaining the property taxes and even electricity for his clubhouse the whole time) until his death, when the gentleman I purchased it from bought the machine from the deceased man's family. He brought it home, his wife didn't want it in the house, and so he put it in storage in a community garage and never looked at it again.

He mentioned in 2017 that he had never turned the machine on, and had no idea its condition. The photos on the posting had the final score the original owner ever got, 739.

The score that was on the machine when I brought it home and plugged it in for the first time was the same 739. The seller never plugged it in, in all the years he had it.

Here's a video of it being plugged in for the first time in at least 20 years:

The ball shooter was rusted shut and wouldn't shoot the ball, but everything else seems to be in working order. I just wanted to give a little bit of perspective on this machine, even thought I know it likely isn't even remembered by anyone here.

EDIT: It still has the original schematics and instruction manual, and all of the little tickets/tags for the display cards on pricing, plays, etc.

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from gearbutt:

Follow up for forceflow and gdonovan
I'm a new member, never even looked inside a pinball machine before this week. I just made an account to read up on my brand new Trade Winds pinball machine I bought off LetGo. It was the same one you guys were laughing at back in 2017, in this thread.
The photo posted is from the day the seller bought it. The "crack-house" people mentioned was an abandoned clubhouse owned by an elderly man who bought the machine brand new in 1962. About 20 years ago this man had to be put in a nursing home, where he lived for 15 years (maintaining the property taxes and even electricity for his clubhouse the whole time) until his death, when the gentleman I purchased it from bought the machine from the deceased man's family. He brought it home, his wife didn't want it in the house, and so he put it in storage in a community garage and never looked at it again.
He mentioned in 2017 that he had never turned the machine on, and had no idea its condition. The photos on the posting had the final score the original owner ever got, 739.
The score that was on the machine when I brought it home and plugged it in for the first time was the same 739. The seller never plugged it in, in all the years he had it.

The ball shooter was rusted shut and wouldn't shoot the ball, but everything else seems to be in working order. I just wanted to give a little bit of perspective on this machine, even thought I know it likely isn't even remembered by anyone here.
EDIT: It still has the original schematics and instruction manual, and all of the little tickets/tags for the display cards on pricing, plays, etc.

Oh shoot!! You bought that? I had no idea it’s been listed for almost 3 years! I was talking to that guy in February and I had negotiated a deal but I was unable to make the time to go pick it up. I figured it would be a decent game since it looked pretty untouched aside from being in a disgusting garage setting.
I’m so surprised it had everything with it and I’m kicking myself for not setting aside the time to go make the trip.

Congrats on the pickup, and congrats that it was actually in working condition, what a score! Backglass is ruined but otherwise that’s great pickup, and Trade Winds is an interesting EM in my opinion.

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from gearbutt:

In case you missed the reference during your thrill of the chase, BG Resto can make you a replacement back glass. A nice working pin like this would probably be worth it.

http://bgresto.com/?p=1916

#1816 5 years ago

I can’t believe it had all the documentation, keep that stuff, it’s priceless and really adds to the value of a pin for some collectors

1 week later
#1817 4 years ago

That burn patten on IJ has me scratching my head.

If the boards are ok, then it had to be burnt from the outside, and burnt slow enough not to consume the entire machine...yet still burn long enough to create a hole in the cabinet.

After 20 years on a volunteer fire department, I’ve seen my share of fires and the different ways they burn. My guess here is some sort of accelerant (gasoline, lighter fluid, etc) was used where the hole is or something dripped burning liquid down onto it. (Melting plastic for example)

I’ve seen a few house fires where the fire bug dumped gasoline onto the floor and it burned a hole right where the gas was poured...the rest of the floor never burned.

Is there anymore to the story with that IJ?

#1818 4 years ago

These guys have been sitting in an open shed since 1986.

Y6CVzXL (resized).jpgY6CVzXL (resized).jpgKKpSQK7 (resized).jpgKKpSQK7 (resized).jpgo7TLZVW (resized).jpgo7TLZVW (resized).jpgTIUO6fo (resized).jpgTIUO6fo (resized).jpg6hojF20 (resized).jpg6hojF20 (resized).jpgeW4xVSB (resized).jpgeW4xVSB (resized).jpgyVWYtJ6 (resized).jpgyVWYtJ6 (resized).jpgNOGPGAZ (resized).jpgNOGPGAZ (resized).jpgLCOM8E8 (resized).jpgLCOM8E8 (resized).jpg
#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from Poida:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some see junk, I see lots of good parts there! Evaporust is your friend.

#1820 4 years ago

What a shame.

Quoted from dasvis:

Some see junk, I see lots of good parts there! Evaporust is your friend.

Yeah, probably a few hundred in parts there, once you see past the rotting wood.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What a shame.

Yeah, probably a few hundred in parts there, once you see past the rotting wood.

And, the owner of the shed would probably pay you to haul their "junk"!

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What a shame.

Parting out the Flash and Firepower more than covered the cost of the pins Now to resurrect the Meteor.

#1823 4 years ago

One of the best values I ever came across in pinball was buying a beat up 6 million dollar man for $50 bucks. I’ve been picking its bones for years. Just for openers...it had 6 perfectly working displays

#1824 4 years ago
948DAB2F-72EB-41AD-937B-5FAC874B11A7 (resized).jpeg948DAB2F-72EB-41AD-937B-5FAC874B11A7 (resized).jpeg
#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from Poida:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many pins in total?
That’s depressing...
now for the obligatory, “It’s not too late, you can save them!! Restore it!!!” Just to annoy some folks :b

I see Flash, Meteor and Firepower? But I’m pretty sure there are a few others also. Meteor looks to be the only salvageable game. At least there are some great parts to be harvested, always good when you can, at the very least, use the guts to save other machines.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

One of the best values I ever came across in pinball was buying a beat up 6 million dollar man for $50 bucks. I’ve been picking its bones for years. Just for openers...it had 6 perfectly working displays

What's amazing to me about that picture is that the post nuts still look like there brand new.

John

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from Poida:

Damn, even pinball machines weren't saved from Thanos...*snap*

#1828 4 years ago

Picked up this pin a couple weeks back. Shag carpet. Sound reduction or fire hazard...you decide.

3B07BE0B-8CA9-49D5-983C-496611253C95.jpeg3B07BE0B-8CA9-49D5-983C-496611253C95.jpeg

#1829 4 years ago

bit of both, LMFAO !

Quoted from Jakers:

Picked up this pin a couple weeks back. Shag carpet. Sound reduction or fire hazard...you decide.
[quoted image]

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

I would go another way:
Guy who bought got his wife's agreement telling her she could use it too.
Turns out she was an art&craft fan.

#1831 4 years ago

This happened late Sunday afternoon, exploding in my hands without touching anything. Over 20 years in the hobby and this was a first. I’m gonna be gun shy for quite a while handling glass after this.....

B2A75A8E-ED29-4227-8061-F1AAF2C8A3D8.jpegB2A75A8E-ED29-4227-8061-F1AAF2C8A3D8.jpeg
#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

Harbinger of mold.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This happened late Sunday afternoon, exploding in my hands without touching anything. Over 20 years in the hobby and this was a first. I’m gonna be gun shy for quite a while handling glass after this.....
[quoted image]

Isn't that the JJPOTC that you have for sale?

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]

You are now initiated.

I've had only two break in my hands in my 20+ years in the hobby after handling pf glass well more than a thousand times. I'm convinced that a playfield glass is going break when it is its time. I've had them get knocked over and fall on a hard floor and not break then when all you are doing is holding it in your hands and.......

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Isn't that the JJPOTC that you have for sale?

Yep.....luckily only a couple of small scratches to the playfield, apron, and slingshots.....could have been a LOT worse!

The potential buyer is fully aware, and we will discuss it more once I get the replacement glass.

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from gearbutt:

Follow up for forceflow and gdonovan

You had your lady plug in a 60 year old machine with unknown problems and told her to "hold it with two hands in case you have to unplug it"?

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]

I had this happen once ...so far ..and hopefull never again.
This happened to me in 1999 in my 2 car garage. Glass exploded in my hands as I was setting in down gently on a towel on a concrete floor.
Cut my left hand slightly. Even though I cleaned it up glass best I could, I was still finding pieces of glass up to 3 years later.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

...all you are doing is holding it in your hands and.......

This is scary. Does it splash at you or simply drop to the floor?

I'm curious if glass temperature versus hand temperature combined with holding technique/force suddenly seals the deal (your bloods flowing, your hands are warm, your palm and fingers are resting on the surface instead of trapping the edges).

#1839 4 years ago
« Some content hidden, only visible to registered Pinsiders » 3768E1DA-3B03-4AC3-828D-4156E6ADF318.jpeg3768E1DA-3B03-4AC3-828D-4156E6ADF318.jpegE63A24E6-069D-40BE-B641-3D00659B38E1.jpegE63A24E6-069D-40BE-B641-3D00659B38E1.jpeg21FA4E3C-4E46-4959-A1FC-805C7612A37A.jpeg21FA4E3C-4E46-4959-A1FC-805C7612A37A.jpeg

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

This is scary. Does it splash at you or simply drop to the floor?
I'm curious if glass temperature versus hand temperature combined with holding technique/force suddenly seals the deal (your bloods flowing, your hands are warm, your palm and fingers are resting on the surface instead of trapping the edges).

That is exactly what can happen ...

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Got into an accident Friday morning on my way to Pinfest. Wasn’t in the road more than 10 minutes before this lady in front of me hit a stopped car. The car ahead of her was stopped and the lady didn’t break at all and hit them, and I was right behind her. There were no brake lights or warning. She went from 55 to STOP and within a second or two I plowed into her.
That SUCKED. I’ve only had my car for 4 months I bought it for myself for Christmas and now it’s gone.
At least we are all safe and no injuries happened. 2 cars totaled and the 3rd car in front tried to drive away but we saw him a few miles down the road.
Anyway I’m home today feeling like I was kicked by a horse. My buddy was willing to try again but I was not feeling like driving to Pinfest after this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Driving to close and not paying attention.

#1842 4 years ago

Got into an accident Friday morning on my way to Pinfest. Wasn’t in the road more than 10 minutes before this lady in front of me hit a stopped car. The car ahead of her was stopped and the lady didn’t break at all and hit them, and I was right behind her. There were no brake lights or warning. She went from 55 to STOP and within a second or two I plowed into her.
That SUCKED. I’ve only had my car for 4 months I bought it for myself for Christmas and now it’s gone.
At least we are all safe and no injuries happened. 2 cars totaled and the 3rd car in front tried to drive away but we saw him a few miles down the road.
Anyway I’m home today feeling like I was kicked by a horse. My buddy was willing to try again but I was not feeling like driving to Pinfest after this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Like you said....thankful everyone was ok.

#1843 4 years ago

That sucks! But, the more important thing is that your okay and just a bit soar.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

forgot the old one one thousand two one thousand . simply when you start saying this , look where the car in front is , if you go past that spot before you finish saying it , YOUR TOO CLOSE!! that has worked for me .

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

She was, I hope you’re not implying I was not paying attention because I was and I was slowing down as was traffic. You can’t come to a complete stop in 2 seconds, even the trooper and the car that was hit first said that she hit him without any attempt to stop. I hit my brakes but brakes can’t stop you as fast as stationary object does!

I didn’t take pictures of the first car she hit, but she hit him pretty squarely and I had swerved as best I could so it was mostly the passenger side that took the blow

#1846 4 years ago

Anyway I’m home today feeling like I was kicked by a horse

You could be in pain for a week or two. Will you replace your Subaru with another?

Hopefully the insurance inspectors will be able to prove you just hit the Honda. That you did not create the 3 vehicle pile up.

#1847 4 years ago

She was, I hope you’re not implying I was not paying attention because I was and I was slowing down as was traffic. You can’t come to a complete stop in 2 seconds, even the trooper and the car that was hit first said that she hit him without any attempt to stop. I hit my brakes but brakes can’t stop you as fast as stationary object does!
I didn’t take pictures of the first car she hit, but she hit him pretty squarely and I had swerved as best I could so it was mostly the passenger side that took the blow

At least your ok, hope you feel good soon.
The really good news here is that you did not have a pin in the back of car! Imagine it sliding into you at the speed.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You could be in pain for a week or two. Will you replace your Subaru with another?
Hopefully the insurance inspectors will be able to prove you just hit the Honda. That you did not create the 3 vehicle pile up.

Well based on the story of the BWM driver who was hit by the Honda, he claims he was standing still and saw the whole thing happen and watched her hit him and saw that we didn’t have any chance to stop. Thankfully he told that to the troopers too. I wouldn’t have known since I couldn’t see around the huge Honda.

#1849 4 years ago

Well based on the story of the BWM driver who was hit by the Honda, he claims he was standing still and saw the whole thing happen and watched her hit him and saw that we didn’t have any chance to stop. Thankfully he told that to the troopers too. I wouldn’t have known since I couldn’t see around the huge Honda.

Glad you’re ok after that. Good thing you went under the van and not had the engine block in your lap.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Glad you’re ok after that. Good thing you went under the van and not had the engine block in your lap.

Actually happened to my friend I went to school with last year. Kid has a suped up WRX and the engine landed in his lap. Still in a wheelchair and probably won’t walk again.
Not gonna lie the thought briefly went through my mind when we crashed and I was amazed how the cabin wasn’t compromised at all by the impact

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.