Topic Stats

• 1,816 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 934 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
crate (resized).jpg
tenor (resized).png
IJtoast.jpeg
IJtoast2.jpeg
meteor-movie-poster (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190330-113226 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190330-113237 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190330-113253 (resized).png
image-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0115 (resized).JPG
IMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_5079 (resized).jpg
IMG_5033 (resized).jpg
00F0F_5SZt6bt4nBe_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00u0u_go5QSe7dwcJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg

There are 1816 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.
#1751 36 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I actually used the sides of a rotten cab as wall art, looks kinda cool if you clean it up decently. Seal it and nail it up, now you can have even more pinball machines, on your walls!

I wanted to do that but the urine smell and black mold were too much

#1752 36 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I wanted to do that but the urine smell and black mold were too much

Find a different wall!

#1753 36 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

A few pictures from a recent trip to Africa!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This may be the hardest post to bear
Why just so much why

I mean you have some in a building keep them all in there and stack em up what is this giant tarped up mess , why even tarp it clearly it's roached.

Would love to know the thought story or unfolding of this

Also

I can't imagine African heat being good for that wood just wow.

#1754 36 days ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Find a different wall!

LOL

1 week later
#1755 27 days ago

I feel bad for this poor IMDN Pro.
Looks like some sort of crossing between an IMDN Premium with that T-molding and a WOZ yellow brick road with that trim.
Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this is just…

what (resized).JPG
#1756 27 days ago

I actually used the sides of a rotten cab as wall art, looks kinda cool if you clean it up decently. Seal it and nail it up, now you can have even more pinball machines, on your walls!

What, you mean like this?

John

IMG_0053 (resized).JPGP1300487 (resized).JPG
#1757 26 days ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What, you mean like this?

John
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are pretty sweet. I assume they were taken off of rotting cabinets.

#1758 26 days ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I feel bad for this poor IMDN Pro.
Looks like some sort of crossing between an IMDN Premium with that T-molding and a WOZ yellow brick road with that trim.
Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this is just…
[quoted image]

Have I got a thread for you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-powder-coating-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-powder-fails

#1759 26 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Those are pretty sweet. I assume they were taken off of rotting cabinets.

Basically yes, the games were parted out for one reason or another and I bought the cabinet/side panel so I could make up to nine of these...which is what I had the space for. The artwork lives on. Pinball Horror??? You decide.

John

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPG
#1760 26 days ago

Hey John how’d u cut them out a router ?

#1761 26 days ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Basically yes, the games were parted out for one reason or another and I bought the cabinet/side panel so I could make up to nine of these...which is what I had the space for. The artwork lives on. Pinball Horror??? You decide.
John

That’s amazing! LOVE THOSE!

#1762 26 days ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Hey John how’d u cut them out a router ?

Nope. It was all either a electric jig saw to get the most of it cut off and in the tight corners and detailed areas it was a little hand powered scroll saw. Each one takes about a hour depending on the detailing involved. I'm bringing a Secret Service cabinet side to the Ohio show that would be prefect for this if anyone wants to make there own.

John

#1763 26 days ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nope. It was all either a electric jig saw to get the most of it cut off and in the tight corners and detailed areas it was a little hand powered scroll saw. Each one takes about a hour depending on the detailing involved. I'm bringing a Secret Service cabinet side to the Ohio show that would be prefect for this if anyone wants to make there own.
John

Just a single side? I have a secret service head and playfield if anyone wants to build their own :b

#1764 26 days ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic! Are any for sale?

#1765 26 days ago

Thx, or not
Lots of scary stuff in that thread I wish I would never had seen

#1766 26 days ago

Just a single side? I have a secret service head and playfield if anyone wants to build their own :b

Yes it's just a single side, the rest of this cabinet was so bad it was falling apart and the playfield and the rest became donors.

John

#1767 26 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Fantastic! Are any for sale?

Sorry but they are not, these took years to accumulate and find. They also had to be cabinets to games that I didn't have in my collection already, did want anything duplicated. Just like the playfields in the ceiling.

John

#1768 25 days ago

Ouch, at least it got a lot of play.

F42DE28A-4873-4587-BAC7-CA9E743EEBEF (resized).jpeg
#1769 25 days ago

Thats a lot of games on a relatively modern title in Roller Coaster Tycoon!

#1770 24 days ago
Quoted from razoraustralia:

Thats a lot of games on a relatively modern title in Roller Coaster Tycoon!

Ive seen a lot of sterns from this era with the same missing paint. Monopoly, The Simposons Party Pinball, and Lord of the Rings all tend to look like this.

#1771 24 days ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Ive seen a lot of sterns from this era with the same missing paint. Monopoly, The Simposons Party Pinball, and Lord of the Rings all tend to look like this.

I had a routed Nascar same issue. Wasn't bad yet. Just color loss.

#1772 23 days ago

I was gonna mention that it looked like normal wear for a routed Stern but I didn't wanna rile up the Stern fans. But since y'all went there...

Richard

#1773 23 days ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

I was gonna mention that it looked like normal wear for a routed Stern but I didn't wanna rile up the Stern fans. But since y'all went there...
Richard

My HRC has tons of flipper button wear. So much so in fact I bought those metal guards to cover it lol. I typically don’t care about such things but man it was bad... honestly the playfield is imamaculate so it must be something with the screening they used in those years

#1774 23 days ago

houston.craigslist.org link

SMDH. What a clean looking example ruined. Curious why he punched out all the inserts too (though easily repairable).

00X0X_dudr3nthaA6_1200x900 (resized).jpg00u0u_go5QSe7dwcJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg00F0F_5SZt6bt4nBe_1200x900 (resized).jpg01111_7WdkZhiYV2c_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#1775 23 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

houston.craigslist.org link
SMDH. What a clean looking example ruined. Curious why he punched out all the inserts too (though easily repairable).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice play field. If I had a Meteor that needed a play field, well, here it is. Just add some inserts, transfer your wiring and drop targets and you are good to go.

Tell him to ship it with out the legs.

#1776 23 days ago
I hate people sometimes.......

#1777 23 days ago

Repairing the bottom of a Lost World. Love the 70's paneling.

IMG_5033 (resized).jpgIMG_5079 (resized).jpg
#1778 23 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

What a clean looking example ruined.

I wish I could have the capacity to unseen the travesty...
Pinball perversion at its best... sigh.

#1779 23 days ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

I have plenty of this paneling in my basement that will be demoed this summer. Please let me know if you need any for a future repair.

#1780 23 days ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Someone went through an awful lot of trouble to drill all those holes...

#1781 23 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Someone went through an awful lot of trouble to drill all those holes...

The same person must have owned this game as well.
John

IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG
#1782 23 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I wish I could have the capacity to unseen the travesty...
Pinball perversion at its best... sigh.

I look at it as a salvagable play field. It was taken out of circulation and preserved for someone with a Meteor with a blown play field.

#1783 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I look at it as a salvagable play field. It was taken out of circulation and preserved for someone with a Meteor with a blown play field.

Except that it now has extra holes in the bottom from screwing on the legs that need to be filled. I wonder how much those legs cost if if they know they probably could have gotten the same or more for just the playfield as it was. Adding the legs and plastic cover reduce the value.

#1784 22 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Except that it now has extra holes in the bottom from screwing on the legs that need to be filled. I wonder how much those legs cost if if they know they probably could have gotten the same or more for just the playfield as it was. Adding the legs and plastic cover reduce the value.

In less than 2 hours those holes can be filled with dowel rod, sanded smooth, the lower side painted with a roller, and you will have nice play field ready for clear coat.

The plastic cover looks to be attached with screws located in holes that were used for the rails.

Or you can continue to wait for CPR to tool up for a Meteor repro play field.

#1785 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In less than 2 hours those holes can be filled with dowel rod, sanded smooth, the lower side painted with a roller, and you will have nice play field ready for clear coat.
The plastic cover looks to be attached with screws located in holes that were used for the rails.
Or you can continue to wait for CPR to tool up for a Meteor repro play field.

I'm sure someone can still use it and may end up buying it to put back in a machine. Just saying it was probably a waste to do what he did to it and would have been better to sell or offer up the playfield as it was before making it into a table.

#1786 22 days ago

I'm sure someone can still use it and may end up buying it to put back in a machine. Just saying it was probably a waste to do what he did to it and would have been better to sell or offer up the playfield as it was before making it into a table.

I wish it was a Big Game play field in that condition. That would be manna from heaven.

#1787 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's a nice play field. If I had a Meteor that needed a play field, well, here it is.

Damn I need one too , looks to be better than both my original and a spare I was intending to touch up and use in the resto , its even got half the lights left in it aaaah
I have one of the 430 odd LAI/Sterns Meteors built here in Perth , Silkscreen cab art . sweet .
It's the one game I remember seeing at almost every pinnie parlour circa 1980. , is the table for sale? , I don't need the legs either

image-2 (resized).jpg
Aussie Meteor Art at top compared to US cabs

#1788 22 days ago

Would the legs hold an entire pinball? Maybe they could be used on whole machine

Or maybe like as a Jetsons mod

#1789 22 days ago

I don't think I've posted this. It's a Bally Playboy, I was asked to work on. No thanks was my reply. The smell was so bad.

Screenshot_20190330-113226 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190330-113237 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190330-113253 (resized).png
#1790 22 days ago

I parted out a worn out Meteor but it turned out the play field cleaned up very nice. The play field is every bit as nice as this one. It needs touched up in two places, all inserts are nicotine stained and need replaced, and it needs a clear coat. I have it leaning up against the wall, in the way, and taking up space. I thought about hanging it on the wall but I don't want to drill any holes in my walls.

What would you, or anybody, give me for it? What is it worth? Any buyers here?

#1791 22 days ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

I don't think I've posted this. It's a Bally Playboy, I was asked to work on. No thanks was my reply. The smell was so bad.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One of the rare times I would honestly advise just gutting and parting a game. That looks roached on all levels and being a Playboy.... it’s a no from me

#1792 22 days ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

My HRC has tons of flipper button wear. So much so in fact I bought those metal guards to cover it lol. I typically don’t care about such things but man it was bad... honestly the playfield is imamaculate so it must be something with the screening they used in those years

My guess is that it was in a pizza parlor where the greasy hands softened the paint around the flipper buttons

#1793 22 days ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got hantavirus just from looking at this picture.

Couldn't pay me enough to work on a game loaded up with rodent crap like that.. couldn't pay me enough to even haul it off to burn it.

Richard

#1794 22 days ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Aussie Meteor Art at top compared to US cabs

Looks like they took some liberties with the logo when compared to the movie poster. (A lot of big names in the that 1979 film.)

meteor-movie-poster (resized).jpg

#1795 22 days ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

I got hantavirus just from looking at this picture.
Couldn't pay me enough to work on a game loaded up with rodent crap like that.. couldn't pay me enough to even haul it off to burn it.
Richard

Sunlight and/or a 10% bleach solution will kill the hantavirus.

Give it a sunburn and a light bleach spray. Head to the car wash vacuum cleaner.

I had to knock out the bottom of an old Gottlieb wedge head that had been a mouse house. It was not that bad.

Wear a mask and gloves.

#1796 21 days ago

I had to clean an air conditioning unit that was the same way...
The home was abandoned and was a foreclosure sale.

2 weeks later
#1797 7 days ago

Crispy well done IJ. The boards and playfield are ok according to original posters info.

IJtoast.jpegIJtoast2.jpeg
#1798 7 days ago

damn ashtray . . .

Quoted from rygar:

Crispy well done IJ. The boards and playfield are ok according to original posters info.

#1799 7 days ago
Quoted from rygar:

Wow...for a fire to eat through the wood like that, it would've been burning for a significant amount of time.

#1800 7 days ago
Quoted from rygar:

Indy has been through worse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 21.00
$ 22.00
$ 157.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Farmimgville, NY
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 8.40
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thousand Oaks, CA
$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TEXAS
6,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 1816 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside