IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 110.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Clean it up, make everything work & play the hell out of it.

Exactly. A drunk bash party machine

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Exactly. A drunk bash party machine

We take such a pin camping. My little Honda generator powers it nicely.

#1653 5 years ago

WTF??? Oh the humanity.

#1654 5 years ago

I know!
I just called him chicken

#1655 5 years ago

IMG_1926 (resized).JPGIMG_1926 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPG

First scrap, hate it. Been inside for a long time but definitely suffered weather sometime in her life. Alkaline poisoned boards, ripped off transformer and power supply, left to die.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
First scrap, hate it. Been inside for a long time but definitely suffered weather sometime in her life. Alkaline poisoned boards, ripped off transformer and power supply, left to die.

What game is that? Is the playfield severely damaged too? I’ve restored games with worse cabinets and... worse everything really. I think you could still bring it back to life.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What game is that? Is the playfield severely damaged too? I’ve restored games with worse cabinets and... worse everything really. I think you could still bring it back to life.

I’m not trying to be mean, but why is there always someone who declares every game, no matter how trashed, saveable? Yeah anything is saveable if you’re willing to put the time, effort and money in but it’s probably not worth it for OP to do so. That game needs an absolute boatload of work, money and effort spending on it to get it back in working order.

As much as we want to in this hobby not every game can be saved/restored. This is one of those times.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Ehhh...I hate to say it, but that one looks like it's toast, unfortunately.

It's a supersonic.

#1659 5 years ago

Yeah, Supersonic and the play field is probably delaminating. But there is soooo much to take away from this. Every switch, mechanism, wire form, coin door, shooter plate can be used again for someone's project. The cross bar that locks the back glass in the head is getting impossible to find. The sound card has been reproduced. Side rails? Legs?

Or, put $1000 into making a $600 game. New case, overlay and a buttload of time and she'll be good as new! And I mean that seriously. My EBD was a $300 salvage off the back of a truck at TPF. The only thing original is the playfield equipment.

Shawn

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Yeah, Supersonic and the play field is probably delaminating. But there is soooo much to take away from this. Every switch, mechanism, wire form, coin door, shooter plate can be used again for someone's project. The cross bar that locks the back glass in the head is getting impossible to find. The sound card has been reproduced. Side rails? Legs?
Or, put $1000 into making a $600 game. New case, overlay and a buttload of time and she'll be good as new! And I mean that seriously. My EBD was a $300 salvage off the back of a truck at TPF. The only thing original is the playfield equipment.
Shawn

Don't forget the wire harness. Don't forget the back box.

#1661 5 years ago

If u can buy this ... I have a playfield for you in very good shape !

#1662 5 years ago

Seen near my place. Never paid atention to these strange windows until I walk closer!

BEEB02C4-210A-423D-A320-6D4C70B571EA (resized).jpegBEEB02C4-210A-423D-A320-6D4C70B571EA (resized).jpeg

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

Seen near my place. Never paid atention to these strange windows until I walk closer!
[quoted image]

Dang, that Mephisto one has AWESOME artwork! Never heard of that one....

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

Seen near my place

It's a shame to use them in this manner, but a neat concept nonetheless!

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

[quoted image]

#1666 5 years ago

This windows is facing south, all the paint is peeling off. I'll try to make another picture with no reflection next time.

#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

[quoted image]

Someone needs to go there with about 6 cans of Krylon Tripple Thick.

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Someone needs to go there with about 6 cans of Krylon Tripple Thick.

Be our guest....

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

[quoted image]

No one is curious as to what's in the building behind the glass?

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If u can buy this ... I have a playfield for you in very good shape !

The cabinet is completely rotten, the head is close. No transformer, power supply, legs, glass, needs new/rebuilt boards. I know a Supersonic was recently listed for 4000 but reviews are not good for this title. All sorts of switches were missing, wiring hanging where something once was, just not worth it.

If the transformer and cab electronics and cabinet had been intact, I just maybe would have considered some sort of resurrection.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

No one is curious as to what's in the building behind the glass?

It’s a club called « The Chinois ». I heard about it but didn’t realize it was here. Fency dirty place with live music and expensive beer!

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

It’s a club called « The Chinois ». I heard about it but didn’t realize it was here. Fency dirty place with live music and expensive beer!

I’d buy the rare glass or offer a trade. Mephisto is a really badass one!

#1673 5 years ago

Who said that Dialed in was the industry first with integrated camera? (Ok, maybe it was first with hidden integrated camera )

IJcamera1.JPGIJcamera1.JPGIJcamera2.JPGIJcamera2.JPG
#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Who said that Dialed in was the industry first with integrated camera?

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005

#1676 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Who said that Dialed in was the industry first with integrated camera? (Ok, maybe it was first with hidden integrated camera ) [quoted image][quoted image]

But...why?!

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Who said that Dialed in was the industry first with integrated camera? (Ok, maybe it was first with hidden integrated camera ) [quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3616

#1678 5 years ago

That is a roll film camera from '96. Maybe hooked to the knocker to record photos of high score players or connected to the tilt bob to shame 'cheaters'??

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Ouch...poor Indy.

#1680 5 years ago

Rough neighborhood!

#1681 5 years ago

This is on Firepower that came in for repair.

2CBDB97A-1730-44DF-9A53-64E060B55F86 (resized).jpeg2CBDB97A-1730-44DF-9A53-64E060B55F86 (resized).jpeg
#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

[quoted image]

Well, that's certainly one way to prevent balls from draining in the outlanes...

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, that's certainly one way to prevent balls from draining in the outlanes...

Shit, sell it as a mod for novices!

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Shit, sell it as a mod for novices!

Just sell these

Most outlane blocks you find are simply rubber bands or tape dams...

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.39.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.39.15 PM (resized).png
#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

[quoted image]

That’s not the worst part of that game. It needed 9 SA-23-850 coils and drive transistors. The coils were melted all the way through. The backglass is shit and the cabinet looks like someone took orange paint stripper to it. Amazingly, Logan had everything fixed in less than 3 hours!

#1686 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190225-102301 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190225-102301 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190225-102327 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190225-102327 (resized).png
#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This is like a nightmare. What were they using it as, a bar?

#1688 5 years ago

Something to throw up in after seeing it

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

This is like a nightmare. What were they using it as, a bar?

I guess .. saw it for sale for 250.00
Probably could have gotten 250.00 for the game before he cut it up

#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

That’s not the worst part of that game. It needed 9 SA-23-850 coils and drive transistors. The coils were melted all the way through. The backglass is shit and the cabinet looks like someone took orange paint stripper to it. Amazingly, Logan had everything fixed in less than 3 hours!

Sounds like a BKLE I bought other than the orange paint stripper. Toasted backglass and a whole cabinet full of melted-down coils. MPU had a blanking issue, easy fix, once I figured it out.

Richard

bk_04 (resized).jpgbk_04 (resized).jpg
#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Do not like the cabinet art, as it was either brush painted or done with a big marker. But the execution is not that bad. Small bar, at a pinball height, might need some lighting from the back. Also needs numbers in the score windows. It could fit in were a pin would not.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

This windows is facing south, all the paint is peeling off. I'll try to make another picture with no reflection next time.

I’d buy that Mephisto glass too!! Ask him if he wants to sell it? I’ll pay you a finders fee and to package it up!

#1693 5 years ago

I need to find another backglass for a trade. Even a garbage one would do the job. I’m pretty sure the owner won’t be interested in money and will just want to fill the hole.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from Vincenzo:

I need to find another backglass for a trade. Even a garbage one would do the job. I’m pretty sure the owner won’t be interested in money and will just want to fill the hole.

Find 2 to trade and snap up that Fathom glass, too.

#1695 5 years ago

The wonderful view got opening up a back box earlier forgot how bad it was. Kicker is game actually worked until I pulled board's out to be sent out for work. Previous board work had made them a mess. Finally getting back to putting game back together some. Hate having good board's just sitting around not in game even if game still needs work.

IMAG4622 (resized).jpgIMAG4622 (resized).jpg
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Sounds like a BKLE I bought other than the orange paint stripper. Toasted backglass and a whole cabinet full of melted-down coils. MPU had a blanking issue, easy fix, once I figured it out.
Richard[quoted image]

Only way I can figure all those coils get like that is a solenoid sticks and blows a drive XSTR, and someone replaces the blown fuse with aluminum foil. I say this because more than once has someone brought us a game for repair and there’s foil in place of a fuse. I’ve been working on coin-op equipment my whole life, and only once have I ever seen a fuse just randomly blow. Crazy thing about it is it’s in an AMI NGX jukebox currently on our route in which the power supply fuse (SMD 3.15A) will blow about once every 12 months or so.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Only way I can figure all those coils get like that is a solenoid sticks and blows a drive XSTR, and someone replaces the blown fuse with aluminum foil. I say this because more than once has someone brought us a game for repair and there’s foil in place of a fuse. I’ve been working on coin-op equipment my whole life, and only once have I ever seen a fuse just randomly blow. Crazy thing about it is it’s in an AMI NGX jukebox currently on our route in which the power supply fuse (SMD 3.15A) will blow about once every 12 months or so.

This one was locking on all the coils upon boot up due to the MPU issue; and yes, without doubt someone had either severely over-fused it or had shorted the fuse clip to "fix" it. No other way it could have burnt those coils like that. One thing that was interesting is I could boot it with the solenoid fuse out, then install it after it booted, and play a game. Next power cycle, *pow* there goes the fuse.. game like that is where using the light bulb rig in place of the fuse helped save a lot of frustration. Keep working at it until the light bulb doesn't come on anymore; no more wasted fuses..

Richard

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

game like that is where using the light bulb rig in place of the fuse helped save a lot of frustration.

Can you share this light bulb trick? Do you wire a light bulb to a broken fuse? What kind of light bulb?

Thank you.

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

That’s not the worst part of that game. It needed 9 SA-23-850 coils and drive transistors.

This ^ , is how I got my Firepower for $150.00 dollars. Somebody put a 30 amp fuse in the
2.5 amp slo-blo solenoid fuse holder.

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you share this light bulb trick? Do you wire a light bulb to a broken fuse? What kind of light bulb?
Thank you.

We have a 3A circuit breaker that has a blown fuse soldered to it so it inserts into a fuse holder. We simply push it and reset it.

In re light bulb, look at this:

https://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/tvfaq/tvtslbt.htm

People have done it for years on power amps. I have a Sencore variable isolation transformer that works well also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 7.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/34?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.