IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 110.
#1501 5 years ago

At least the head didn't whack the dehumidifier on the way down.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Try frying the turkey instead. We'll wait for the pics.

Toss a frozen turkey into a fully heated deep fryer. Video record it please.

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

At least the head didn't whack the dehumidifier on the way down.

It did, actually kind of broke its fall from what I was told.

#1504 5 years ago

Had to be the seller taking a leg off and taking chances with a 3-legged pin. Had to be. Nothing else seems possible.

#1505 5 years ago

All four legs seem to be still on it in the photo though!

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

One evening last month I had just negotiated the purchase of this FG. The seller called me back a few minutes later, said I was so cool to deal with he decided to put new leg levelers on it and in the process he managed to tip the pin over. I still bought it, at a discount needless to say. Felt bad for the guy, he was pretty distraught over it at the time.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so I will step forward and claim this atrocity

Seller was a super awesome guy. I always fully lower the levelers on a pin before it ships out just to reduce a snag point or a bent leveler. Thought, WTH I'm down here anyway let's just replace them.

I always replace legs/levelers with a handy stool from Ikea and a trusty 4x4 for extra height when needed. Lift while standing, nudge the stool/4x4 in, wam, bam, done.

Got the fronts done, moved onto the back....

For some stupid reason, I decided to do the ol' lift with your back while under the machine lift. Due to the size of the stool (like a 18"x8" rectangle), I was unable to be in the middle. I got too far on the right side, popped up for the lift, top heavy pin took over. Clipped the dehumidifier, destroyed a plug strip. I believe the plug strip is what saved (relative to what could have happened) the pin as it created a fulcrum for the force to pivot on resulting in some green paint transferred from my floor to the top head.

Called a neighbor who helped me set it up right.

Called the buyer.

Refunded his deposit.

Threw up. Got about 2 hours of sleep thinking about what a mess I'd made.

Spent the next week going through everything. I was super fortunate that the glass nor backglass broke. Boards were fine. Game played great.

I hope the buyer enjoys the pin. Luckily, 95% of the damage is on the back head so it's basically unnoticeable. The 5% you can see would take a trained eye. The green paint from my basement floor rubbed off.

I still get semi-nauseous seeing the pics...

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Seller was a super awesome guy. I always fully lower the levelers on a pin before it ships out just to reduce a snag point or a bent leveler. Thought, WTH I'm down here anyway let's just replace them.
I always replace legs/levelers with a handy stool from Ikea and a trusty 4x4 for extra height when needed. Lift while standing, nudge the stool/4x4 in, wam, bam, done.
Got the fronts done, moved onto the back....
For some stupid reason, I decided to do the ol' lift with your back while under the machine lift. Due to the size of the stool (like a 18"x8" rectangle), I was unable to be in the middle. I got too far on the right side, popped up for the lift, top heavy pin took over. Clipped the dehumidifier, destroyed a plug strip. I believe the plug strip is what saved (relative to what could have happened) the pin as it created a fulcrum for the force to pivot on resulting in some green paint transferred from my floor to the top head.
Called a neighbor who helped me set it up right.
Called the seller.
Refunded his deposit.
Threw up. Got about 2 hours of sleep thinking about what a mess I'd made.
Spent the next week going through everything. I was super fortunate that the glass nor backglass broke. Boards were fine. Game played great.
I hope the buyer enjoys the pin. Luckily, 95% of the damage is on the back head so it's basically unnoticeable. The 5% you can see would take a trained eye. The green paint from my basement floor rubbed off.
I still get semi-nauseous seeing the pics...

Pin came in last week. I gave you a positive feedback rating.

I hope you're feeling more at peace with it.

Luckily it didn't fall on you like the Alien did on that one pinsider...

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Pin came in last week. I gave you a positive feedback rating.
I hope you're feeling more at peace with it.
Luckily it didn't fall on you like the Alien did on that one pinsider...

thank you sir! ENJOY!

#1509 5 years ago

something about seeing a pinball machine tipped over is so disturbing! it's like seeing a horse lying down on its side... it just looks wrong.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1510 5 years ago

Galaxy I just received literally had the battery leaking so bad it was dropping in the lamp board below.

20181229_162316 (resized).jpg20181229_162316 (resized).jpg
#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Happened to me, different circumstances...while moving a Scared Stiff using pin skates. I don't blame the pin skates as I think they're an awesome product and I have used them hundreds of times. In this case I was moving it down the sidewalk at my shop and took a turn up a slightly sloped entrance. On turning the pin to make the doorway, the canted position of the skates can make it difficult for the casters to swivel, so it simply went over sideways and smacked right down on the concrete. You wanna talk about disgusted, pissed off, and slightly injured (pulled something in a desperate attempt to save it, failed.) No pics. Amazingly, there was extremely minor damage to the cabinet, amounting to just some scuffs here and there. Those Williams cabinets are tough as hell.

Quoted from Mitch:

Galaxy I just received literally had the battery leaking so bad it was dropping in the lamp board below.
[quoted image]

Now that's just delicious...

Richard

#1512 5 years ago
23EC57FE-C0D9-4FB2-8229-E1841B080625 (resized).jpeg23EC57FE-C0D9-4FB2-8229-E1841B080625 (resized).jpeg
#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

In my experience, stools are just an accident waiting to happen.

I get these at Lowe’s, the best $18 you’ll ever spend for a set of two. Each one can hold up to 800 pounds, no risk of tipping. When people come to buy games or I pick one up, they always like the idea and I frequently just tell them to take one and I buy more. I think I’ve given away about 20 of them to Pinsiders in the last few years.

EC1C778F-F798-4AD9-86ED-1960E0E7003C (resized).jpegEC1C778F-F798-4AD9-86ED-1960E0E7003C (resized).jpegB61D3A3E-9BAB-4A85-A3A1-3B57D0FF8060 (resized).jpegB61D3A3E-9BAB-4A85-A3A1-3B57D0FF8060 (resized).jpeg

#1514 5 years ago

Do not dance on top of the Air Hockey Table Ladies!

D13A7C75-EAC0-4EC6-BEA6-A05D92B9AEA8 (resized).jpegD13A7C75-EAC0-4EC6-BEA6-A05D92B9AEA8 (resized).jpeg
#1515 5 years ago

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on ebay near Atlanta, they want $2000 for it. Can't decide if the coin door's been shot or had a pick axe taken to it.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on ebay near Atlanta, they want $2000 for it. Can't decide if the coin door's been shot or had a pick axe taken to it.

Well the ad said playfield only has minimal wear, so at least that was accurate.

As for the coin door, that was definitely a shotgun (or a bow and arrow)

#1517 5 years ago

"Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on ebay near Atlanta, they want $2000 for it. Can't decide if the coin door's been shot or had a pick axe taken to it."

Look at the revision history, it's been on there sense April 2,2015

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Do not dance on top of the Air Hockey Table Ladies![quoted image]

Awwww.... you’re no fun.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I get these at Lowe’s, the best $18 you’ll ever spend for a set of two. I take one with me to grab games too. Each one can hold up to 800 pounds, no risk of tipping. When people come to buy games or I pick one up, they always like the idea and I frequently just tell them to take one and I buy more. I think I’ve given away about 20 of them to Pinsiders in the last few years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, those saw horses are great! Use them all the time too, really sturdy.

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well the ad said playfield only has minimal wear, so at least that was accurate.
As for the coin door, that was definitely a shotgun (or a bow and arrow)

I'm gonna say pick axe or similar tool. Those holes are too "square" to be from shot.

Someone really wanted in. Wonder if they were successful?

Richard

#1521 5 years ago

Check out the sweet power switch on the side.....

00c0c_1I8f68sNz0Y_600x450 (resized).jpg00c0c_1I8f68sNz0Y_600x450 (resized).jpg
#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Check out the sweet power switch on the side.....
[quoted image]

I’ve seen this a few times... the light switch hack is so weird. It’s only like 4 inches from the stock position?? What’s the point?

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve seen this a few times... the light switch hack is so weird. It’s only like 4 inches from the stock position?? What’s the point?

Personally, I like installing the Clapper on my pins. Clap on...clap off.

You just have to make sure you don’t clap in celebration in the middle of a killer game.

#1524 5 years ago

Maybe it's wired as a 3-way switch, so you can use either

Say, would that help my PITA halfway back switch on RFM?

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Maybe it's wired as a 3-way switch, so you can use either

A dimmer would be cool to help dial in the LED's.....

#1526 5 years ago

There is no "stock switch" on that era of Bally flipper game.

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There is no "stock switch" on that era of Bally flipper game.

My Joust doesn’t have a stock switch either. Just some weird button underneath the cabinet that apparently does nothing.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You just have to make sure you don’t clap in celebration in the middle of a killer game.

I have my 3 pins upstairs hooked up to an alexa outlet switch.. I love saying "Alexa, turn on pinball"

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I have my 3 pins upstairs hooked up to an alexa outlet switch.. I love saying "Alexa, turn on pinball"

Is that so when you see someone approaching your high score you can say "Alexa, turn off pinball"?

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is that so when you see someone approaching your high score you can say "Alexa, turn off pinball"?

That would be evil

No, the outlet is hard to reach in that area and it's cleaner than a power strip.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Or get a replay on a machine with a loud knocker?

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I get these at Lowe’s, the best $18 you’ll ever spend for a set of two. Each one can hold up to 800 pounds, no risk of tipping. When people come to buy games or I pick one up, they always like the idea and I frequently just tell them to take one and I buy more. I think I’ve given away about 20 of them to Pinsiders in the last few years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those horses look nice, but they look difficult to maneuver while also holding the game up.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those horses look nice, but they look difficult to maneuver while also holding the game up.

Not at all. Obviously easier if one person holds the game up and another one slides the horse under the back legs. But it’s also simple to hold the game up with one hand and/or your knee briefly and slide it into place with your other hand or foot.

You’re really only holding the game up for a few seconds. I’ve seen old-school guys and operators that hold the damn game on their knee the entire time they are bolting in or unbolting the legs.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not at all. Obviously easier if one person holds the game up and another one slides the horse under the back legs. But it’s also simple to hold the game up with one hand and/or your knee briefly and slide it into place with your other hand or foot.
You’re really only holding the game up for a few seconds. I’ve seen old-school guys and operators that hold the damn game on their knee the entire time they are bolting in or unbolting the legs.

Seen the knee thing, done the knee thing, like the saw horse thing.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Recently did the knee thing, got one leg on, mid-way through screwing the second leg on, the leg fasteners in the cab gave out and I was stuck there with a 3 legged machine on my knee. Eventually I was able to reach into the neck and hold the fastener in and screw it in, which was very tricky. I was so sore after!

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've done it by myself. Set up the sawhorse next to the game, lift up the game, kick the sawhorse under the game and center it, then lower the game.

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've done it by myself. Set up the sawhorse next to the game, lift up the game, kick the sawhorse under the game and center it, then lower the game.

Didn’t I give you one? I thought I did. Likewise, I’ve done it about 200 times. Easy as cake.

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Didn’t I give you one? I thought I did. Likewise, I’ve done it about 200 times. Easy as cake.

I think I just borrowed one for a few minutes at pinfest since I already had a pair at home. I also have a lift cart and 2x4's in the shape of an "I". Each one has its uses depending on the situation.

#1539 5 years ago

Found this gem on Facebook

49485804_10218334222095830_174578089731293184_n (resized).jpg49485804_10218334222095830_174578089731293184_n (resized).jpg
#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Found this gem on Facebook
[quoted image]

a correct part in the wrong place. Took me a moment to see it

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

a correct part in the wrong place. Took me a moment to see it

Correct part? Remind me to never buy a pin from you if you don't know the difference between a nylon acorn nut and a nylon locking nut...

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Correct part? Remind me to never buy a pin from you if you don't know the difference between a nylon acorn nut and a nylon locking nut...

not correct here. At least it's a pinball part.

I'll add you to the list of people not to sell to

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:Correct part? Remind me to never buy a pin from you if you don't know the difference between a nylon acorn nut and a nylon locking nut...

Jeez, this thread has become hostile as of late.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Jeez, this thread has become hostile as of late.

all in good fun. I take no offense

#1546 5 years ago

Not exactly horror, but definately hacked. Just found this in my Flash Gordon I picked up. One bolt semi holding it and the rest duct taped in place somewhat. Supposed to be two of the speakers on the right side.

20181230_213939 (resized).jpg20181230_213939 (resized).jpg
#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Not exactly horror, but definately hacked. Just found this in my Flash Gordon I picked up. One bolt semi holding it and the rest duct taped in place somewhat. Supposed to be two of the speakers on the right side.
[quoted image]

Well that’s interesting.. can’t imagine what this guy’s car looks like

#1548 5 years ago

I think some of the last few picture posts actually would be better suited for the "best Hack" thread rather than here ???

#1549 5 years ago

Can you spot it?

9D4731D9-1385-4B8A-8EC6-1BF15DB0DC9E (resized).jpeg9D4731D9-1385-4B8A-8EC6-1BF15DB0DC9E (resized).jpeg
#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Can you spot it?
[quoted image]

some sort of credit button on bottom left of coin door??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.99
£ 195.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/31?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.