PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg
x1 (resized).jpg
x3 (resized).jpg
x4 (resized).jpg
t1 (resized).jpg
t2 (resized).jpg
x0 (resized).jpg

There are 5,439 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 109.
#1301 6 years ago

Almost a train wreck in that it's horrible but yet kind of cool looking at the same time.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

F$@#$% A!
That is why games unless absolutely trashed, should not be parted.

Makes me about puke when I see people buying old ems or broken ss machines and gutting them to make virtual machines, coffee tables, etc...seen it more than once.

#1303 6 years ago

Saw this at an auction today.

20180310_093706 (resized).jpg20180310_093706 (resized).jpg

#1305 6 years ago

Posted these in What machine did you bring home today as one of my new future projects, and wantdataeast suggested I put them up here so here is some horror pics.

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG

IMG_0104 (resized).JPGIMG_0104 (resized).JPG

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

IMG_0113 (resized).JPGIMG_0113 (resized).JPG

IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG

IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG

IMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPG

IMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG

IMG_0109 (resized).JPGIMG_0109 (resized).JPG

IMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPG

IMG_0120 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPG

#1306 6 years ago

Wow....that poor Kiss is in absolutely horrendous condition, I'd love to know the story behind it. The sheet metal fix on the back of the cabinet is the best part.

You see something new every day though, I've never seen one of those "Bally Electronic" stickers before.

#1307 6 years ago

3 EM's I recovered from a barn, partially exposed in a lean-to. Just a little North of Atlanta...

Flip Flop, Hollywood, and SkyLine

Pics taken outside my old shop, just after I unloaded them - this is the condition they were in as found. They all had severe weather and critter damage. Once I tore into them I found termite damage as well, so they got parted and burned. Shame because the Hollywood and Flip Flop playfields weren't that bad at first glance, but they had termite holes throughout. That's a huge mouse nest at the top left of the Skyline playfield.

So if around 2000-2001 you scored some EM parts for these titles off eBay or RGP, you can thank these machines for dying to save yours.

Richard

empins01 (resized).jpgempins01 (resized).jpg
empins02 (resized).jpgempins02 (resized).jpg
empins03 (resized).jpgempins03 (resized).jpg
empins04 (resized).jpgempins04 (resized).jpg
empins05 (resized).jpgempins05 (resized).jpg
empins06 (resized).jpgempins06 (resized).jpg
empins07 (resized).jpgempins07 (resized).jpg
empins08 (resized).jpgempins08 (resized).jpg
empins09 (resized).jpgempins09 (resized).jpg
empins10 (resized).jpgempins10 (resized).jpg

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Posted these in What machine did you bring home today as one of my new future projects, and wantdataeast suggested I put them up here so here is some horror pics.

There is a guy near Grand Rapids MI that would be trying to sell that for $1200!

#1309 6 years ago

I'd see if there were anything salvageable if I were closer: fresno.craigslist.org link

p_h_1 (resized).jpgp_h_1 (resized).jpg

p_h_2 (resized).jpgp_h_2 (resized).jpg

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It looks like the Monte Carlo has some playfield wear...I'll take a ride to save both games if they're free and still sitting there. Cab looks pretty nice on the Royal Flush.
I'd only have to tresspass for 20 minutes to get them both loaded.

Hey... you looking for an accomp- I mean road trip partner?
Nothing more noble than saving old pins!

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

... I've never seen one of those "Bally Electronic" stickers before.

Once a machine has been sitting outside for 25 years, it gets that commemorative sticker.

#1312 6 years ago

Isn't that called patina?

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Isn't that called patina?

Yeaaaaaah. That's it *cough*oxidation*cough.

2 weeks later
#1314 5 years ago

Damn.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

00606_gGssRxJSUXK_1200x900 (resized).jpg00606_gGssRxJSUXK_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00S0S_6Gl3CTipALI_600x450 (resized).jpg00S0S_6Gl3CTipALI_600x450 (resized).jpg

01010_9TpOIEZKjNr_600x450 (resized).jpg01010_9TpOIEZKjNr_600x450 (resized).jpg

#1315 5 years ago

My latest pick-up appears to be a museum piece compared to a lot of the pins in this thread but I'll add it here due to my inability to find the EBD owner's thread .

I'd put this "touch-up" up there with one of the worst I've personally seen.

#eight-ball-deluxe

IMG_2324 (resized).jpgIMG_2324 (resized).jpg

IMG_2323 (resized).jpgIMG_2323 (resized).jpg

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'll add it here due to my inability to find the EBD owner's thread .

It's here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Damn.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

I still say fixable, but will not give you a timeline.

1 week later
#1318 5 years ago

$50 Hyperball... with 3 cute residences. They saved me $50 the guy wanted $100 but was happy to take $50 when we slid down the glass and saw Mickey and his siblings.

Mom was gone, no doubt scared off my me. The mice were so young I was able to catch them with my hands. Too young to make it on there own, I am keeping them for a few weeks in a tote to let them grow a bit before releasing them in some location where they have a chance. I know they are probably not going to make too long after being released, but at least they have a chance and my $50 debt to them will be paid in full for saving me $50 on a nice Williams system 7 board set, a set of working digital displays and some various other parts.

IMG_6644 (resized).jpegIMG_6644 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6640 (resized).jpegIMG_6640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6665 (resized).jpegIMG_6665 (resized).jpeg

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

$50 Hyperball... with 3 cute residences. They saved me $50 the guy wanted $100 but was happy to take $50 when we slid down the glass and saw Mickey and his siblings.
Mom was gone, no doubt scared off my me. The mice were so young I was able to catch them with my hands. Too young to make it on there own, I am keeping them for a few weeks in a tote to let them grow a bit before releasing them in some location where they have a chance. I know they are probably not going to make too long after being released, but at least they have a chance and my $50 debt to them will be paid in full for saving me $50 on a nice Williams system 7 board set, a set of working digital displays and some various other parts.

Sorry, but I would have flushed them down the toilet.

#1320 5 years ago

I'm actually fixing this one. (Firepower) Guy said the window over it in the garage broke. Top of backbox is all fixed now. Those are lichens growing on the rotten plywood. Whole thing reeked of mushrooms. PF actually survived pretty well and some electronics still work. Sent boards out to J.C for repair.

26aa5bd07fa15db3e6925a5f52bdcddbc5676ad2 (resized).jpg26aa5bd07fa15db3e6925a5f52bdcddbc5676ad2 (resized).jpg

20180326_174832 (resized).jpg20180326_174832 (resized).jpg

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Sorry, but I would have flushed them down the toilet.

That would cruel. Just step on them for a quick painless demise.

#1322 5 years ago

Gave you a thumbs up for saving those mice. Just be careful cleaning that mess up. Lots of potential for disease.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Gave you a thumbs up for saving those mice. Just be careful cleaning that mess up. Lots of potential for disease.

It was clean compared to this T2 Arcade machine. Which I also paid $40 for its part in the same deal ($50 minus $10 in quarters inside!) I pulled the board set, the K7000 WG monitor, control panel and wire harness, then shoved it over and it collapsed from its own weight.

IMG_6678 (resized).jpgIMG_6678 (resized).jpg
IMG_6811 (resized).jpegIMG_6811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpegIMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6677 (resized).jpegIMG_6677 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6813 (resized).jpegIMG_6813 (resized).jpeg

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Same here, they haven't done anything wrong, just trying to live their mousey lives!

#1325 5 years ago

I also had a mouse nest inside a Riverboat Gambler I imported from Romania but they were long gone by the time I got it, they had dragged a load of crap in there though!

100_5128 (resized).JPG100_5128 (resized).JPG

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I also had a mouse nest inside a Riverboat Gambler I imported from Romania but they were long gone by the time I got it, they had dragged a load of crap in there though!

Romania has some damn big mice then, they pulled some big crap in there. Perhaps it was a rat. I think mice are too small to drag that big stuff in there. And as we all learn from Monty Python "A five ounce bird can not carry a one pound coconut!"

#1327 5 years ago

"A five ounce bird can not carry a one pound coconut!"

Oh yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

All this makes me wonder what kind of stuff could get past customs inside a pinball machine.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hey... you looking for an accomp- I mean road trip partner?
Nothing more noble than saving old pins!

Finally back after having to take a break for some surgery and being laid up. What a mess.

ForceFlow actually sent me some more info on the warehouse. If I could confirm they are still there, we could definitely take a ride. Nothing like a little breaking and entering to save some pins.

#1330 5 years ago

Romania has some damn big mice then, they pulled some big crap in there. Perhaps it was a rat.

Yeah you're right, I think I was trying to pretend it was something smaller!

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally back after having to take a break for some surgery and being laid up. What a mess.
ForceFlow actually sent me some more info on the warehouse. If I could confirm they are still there, we could definitely take a ride. Nothing like a little breaking and entering to save some pins.

I'd say there's a good chance they're still there. For the average person who is unprepared, pins are a pain to move.

Urban explorers don't seem to typically visit sites during the winter time, so I'm not seeing any more recent photos/videos than from back in September/October before winter started rolling in.

2 weeks later
#1332 5 years ago

Not sure if boards count. I've seen corrosion that's wide-spread and shallow. I've never seen corrosion that's narrow and deep.

Just a small weekend project.

corrosion1.jpgcorrosion1.jpg

corrosion2.jpgcorrosion2.jpg

corrosion3.jpgcorrosion3.jpg

#1333 5 years ago

Damn... Right down the board. Its like the batteries were like "screw this area in particular"

#1334 5 years ago

Blowing up a Comet in This old Pinball #7

#1335 5 years ago

Dialed In LE delivered by R&L Carriers today. I told the driver.....looks like you’ll be loading this one back on your truck. Boys and girls, don’t be shy. Open and inspect your game before you sign. Box looks fine. Tip n Tell didn’t look fine. I always open all 4 side and inspect the cabinet for damage. Only took opening one side to know this one got wrecked by someone careless.

E7786546-FC01-44B7-AA25-1D6762661459 (resized).jpegE7786546-FC01-44B7-AA25-1D6762661459 (resized).jpeg
E2A51089-0512-425B-BC98-CFC131E19007 (resized).jpegE2A51089-0512-425B-BC98-CFC131E19007 (resized).jpeg
815D5666-B152-4F93-B02B-9BCB1A8B044B (resized).jpeg815D5666-B152-4F93-B02B-9BCB1A8B044B (resized).jpeg

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dialed In LE delivered by R&L Carriers today. I told the driver.....looks like you’ll be loading this one back on your truck. Boys and girls, don’t be shy. Open and inspect your game before you sign. Box looks fine. Tip n Tell didn’t look fine. I always open all 4 side and inspect the cabinet for damage. Only took opening one side to know this one got wrecked by someone careless.

Sorry, that sucks. But you did the right thing opening box. Never let a driver pressure you to sign and run.
Incliding pic of a "Tip n tell" that hadn't been compromised.

20180330_110317 (resized).jpg20180330_110317 (resized).jpg

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have not seen this Tip N Tell before. Is this something some manufacturers put on the box before shipping it out to keep the shippers honest?

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have not seen this Tip N Tell before. Is this something some manufacturers put on the box before shipping it out to keep the shippers honest?

This is only the second time I've seen one. First one was on a Medieval Madness Remake from Automated Service. Then this Dialed In LE shipped direct from Jersey Jack. So not sure how often the are used. Handy way to know if it's been mistreated, but not fool proof. Which is why I always say open the box and inspect it, thats the only way to know for sure.

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I only know of JJP and Chicago gaming using the Tip N Tell device. It's a U-line product and they are very cheap in bulk.
All manufacturers should adopt this handy product.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

not sure how often the are used.

Beware kids, truck drivers can buy them to!

I know I use them when I ship pins, and always take pictures of them to before handing over to the freight co.

Sorry for your luck @wackybrakke
I'm sure you will get taken care of.

#1341 5 years ago

Atari used them starting with Pole Position 35 years ago.

#1342 5 years ago

Was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to turn it on until I found this nice note:

More funny than horror

C0234C11-76CD-417F-B282-56FEDF0DB231 (resized).jpegC0234C11-76CD-417F-B282-56FEDF0DB231 (resized).jpeg

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to turn it on until I found this nice note:
More funny than horror

Since one has a 50/50 chance of getting that one wrong, it's good they provided instructions.

Richard

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Beware kids, truck drivers can buy them to!

You bring up a good point.

I used to work with a diesel trunk/tractor mechanic and he told me some of the tricks truckers would use to baffle the government inspectors when they were hauling swinging beef in a trailer with a security seal on the door lock. Pretty much everything can be defeated.

It is almost like the company would need to buy these Tip N Tells with their company logo stamped on.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You bring up a good point.
I used to work with a diesel trunk/tractor mechanic and he told me some of the tricks truckers would use to baffle the government inspectors when they were hauling swinging beef in a trailer with a security seal on the door lock. Pretty much everything can be defeated.
It is almost like the company would need to buy these Tip N Tells with their company logo stamped on.

That’s why no matter what I open the box. All the way. All sides. And inspect. Sometimes reinspect. BEFORE i sign

#1346 5 years ago

They couldn't figure out why the ball wasn't draining

20180501_215814 (resized).jpg20180501_215814 (resized).jpg

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

More funny than horror

Im going to get under all my pins and do this!!!

Seems SO much easier to crawl under the machine with a flashlight and read the marker writing than flip to other position

Quoted from someotherguy:

Since one has a 50/50 chance of getting that one wrong, it's good they provided instructions.
Richard

Was thinking about this

If little johnny has the machine plugged in, and not currently on....what kids, is the odds that flipping the switch (just once) will make the machine turn on?

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Im going to get under all my pins and do this!!!
Seems SO much easier to crawl under the machine with a flashlight and read the marker writing than flip to other position

Was thinking about this
If little johnny has the machine plugged in, and not currently on....what kids, is the odds that flipping the switch (just once) will make the machine turn on?

My SpiderMan is a push button and my Paragon is a toggle.... maybe the sign is for people who finally get underneath to find out why it’s not turning on when they keep pressing it.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

They couldn't figure out why the ball wasn't draining

Squirrel make nest

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Squirrel make nest

Better than moose poop!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fayetteville, AR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
4,500 (OBO)
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,439 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.