PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg
x1 (resized).jpg
x3 (resized).jpg
x4 (resized).jpg
t1 (resized).jpg
t2 (resized).jpg
x0 (resized).jpg

There are 5,439 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 109.
#1151 6 years ago

I would be curious to see what's underneath the tapes. I wonder if the wires are welded or simply twisted .

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I didn't notice until now, but take a good look at the left flipper coil:

Strange indeed : the connected wires, while it was easy to weld them two centimeters away.
I also see an EOS switch, while the coil is a model with a single winding, it must not be the right one

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

I would be curious to see what's underneath the tapes. I wonder if the wires are welded or simply twisted .

Strange indeed : the connected wires, while it was easy to weld them two centimeters away.
I also see an EOS switch, while the coil is a model with a single winding, it must not be the right one

It's a 26-1200 coil. It's normally used for things like slingshots, and bumpers and sometimes hole kickers. It only has one winding where as a flipper coil of that era has two. Not only the wrong coil and it's not connected to an E.O.S. switch, the spring is damaged.
I can't even understand why the person ran new wires to the flipper switch for this. You could have put the wrong coil in without changing the wires. Just don't connect the secondary wire and still go around the E.O.S.

#1153 6 years ago

I didn't notice until now, but take a good look at the left flipper coil:

Awesome it comes with a spare EOS switch.

#1154 6 years ago

Okay first off, this is not my pin
...defiantly not my pin
...absolutely NOT MY PIN.
Bally Zip-a-doo

More like Bally Zip-a-DON'T, amirite? HaHA!

ahem, I'll see my way out, excuse me...

2 weeks later
#1155 6 years ago

that LW3 was worth 400 in parts I would imagine someone will take it.
shame tho

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

that LW3 was worth 400 in parts I would imagine someone will take it.
shame tho

Someone *did* buy it to repair. It was in one of the earlier posts.

1 week later
#1157 6 years ago

20171111_133554 (resized).jpg20171111_133554 (resized).jpg

#1158 6 years ago

It’s not pinball but, still a ugly site!

865F5075-B980-496B-9C89-4DA9FBECA82A (resized).jpeg865F5075-B980-496B-9C89-4DA9FBECA82A (resized).jpeg

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think it was in a fire, it's in a loft being renovated and the contractor found it and wants money. I told I had no interest but had some lunatic friends who might take it for free, which is true (my friends are idiots). However the guy wrote me back yesterday and asked if he should accept a $400 (!!!!) offer he says someone gave him.
I told him yes, he should accept a $400 offer and consider himself luckier than Lou Gehrig.
Maybe I'm just getting pickier in my old age! About 15 years ago I might have considered a "project" like that but these days life is too short.
When he sent me the pics originally my response was "YIKES!" He responded, "Yeah, the owner didn't take very good care of it" lol. Understatement of the day.
A couple more of the beaut. I guess the cab ain't so bad?

Eh... If that showed up on Craigslist here there'd be a bidding war if it started at $400.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Is that local to you?! If it's all out for free/scrap I'm sure lots of guys could use parts! I'd see if there are ang useful control panels for fighting games! Looks like there are some newish ones like Time Crisis and one of those Tekken tournement machines

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

This still happens at TNT all the time. They claim stuff sits outside for months and nobody wants it

#1162 6 years ago

All they need to do is stick a free stuff sign on the wall, so people know it's free.
I sick stuff at the curb with free sign on it and it's gone within hours.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

All they need to do is stick a free stuff sign on the wall, so people know it's free.
I sick stuff at the curb with free sign on it and it's gone within hours.

My favorite story of trying to give something away for free was a 21" CRT monitor. I put it on the curb in front of my house with a sign that said "Works. Free." and the thing sat all weekend. The next weekend, I put it back out with a sign that said "Works. $5" and had someone knock on my door to buy it in 10 min.

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This still happens at TNT all the time. They claim stuff sits outside for months and nobody wants it
» YouTube video

They show their free stuff in all their videos. They always say "Look at the stuff being recycled this week!" and lots of people know about it but don't bother going. Eventually some scrapers come and take it

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

My favorite story of trying to give something away for free was a 21" CRT monitor. I put it on the curb in front of my house with a sign that said "Works. Free." and the thing sat all weekend. The next weekend, I put it back out with a sign that said "Works. $5" and had someone knock on my door to buy it in 10 min.

Too funny.

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is that local to you?! If it's all out for free/scrap I'm sure lots of guys could use parts! I'd see if there are ang useful control panels for fighting games! Looks like there are some newish ones like Time Crisis and one of those Tekken tournement machines

It’s in the South Hills section of Pittsburgh outside of the Rite aid
One of our salesman snapped the pic last Monday. I wish I could have checked on it
But I’m out of storage space

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

It’s in the South Hills section of Pittsburgh outside of the Rite aid
One of our salesman snapped the pic last Monday. I wish I could have checked on it
But I’m out of storage space

Same, I'd love to go get some of it! I wouldn't travel that far. Anyone in the area interested?

1 week later
#1168 6 years ago

Screenshot_2017-11-24-05-30-45-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-11-24-05-30-45-1 (resized).png

#1169 6 years ago

Yeah, so any comments I could make here would be moderated out of existence. What a waste.

#1170 6 years ago

Ugh, I'd love a Trade Winds. If it was local I'd still go look at it hoping for the best, expecting the worst. There might be a decent playfield under grimy mess.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ugh, I'd love a Trade Winds. If it was local I'd still go look at it hoping for the best, expecting the worst. There might be a decent playfield under grimy mess.

Buff right out!

#1172 6 years ago

What is with those Black dots on the backglass? Covering over holes in the backglass artwork?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What is with those Black dots on the backglass? Covering over holes in the backglass artwork?

Those are the light bulbs for the backglass

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Those are the light bulbs for the backglass

Ya, really need a better photo. Has the artwork fell off of the glass in 1 large sheet? The bulbs are protruding through some how?? The circles are to perfect. Even above the score reels. Interesting none the less.

OK got it now, the blue has almost totally flaked off.

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ya, really need a better photo. Has the artwork fell off of the glass in 1 large sheet? The bulbs are protruding through some how?? The circles are to perfect. Even above the score reels. Interesting none the less.
OK got it now, the blue has almost totally flaked off.

The backglass is basically a complete loss. It's half gone.

2017-11-24 13.45.02 (resized).png2017-11-24 13.45.02 (resized).png

#1176 6 years ago

BG Resto has you covered on a replacement back glass. Did the play field glass protect the play field or make it easy for the mice to hide? Oh, the mystery.

#1177 6 years ago

It's in Wilbraham MA if anyone is trying to find the ad.

#1178 6 years ago

Good Lord! Is that in an abandoned house? Maybe a Crack-House? Look at the condition of the room. And apparently there's no lighting in there as well.

... nah, not sketch at all.

#1179 6 years ago

Good Lord! Is that in an abandoned house? Maybe a Crack-House? Look at the condition of the room. And apparently there's no lighting in there as well.
... nah, not sketch at all.

Yeah, that looks pretty gross. I've arrived at houses in that condition to look at a game, and opted not even to make it through the front door. If someone goes, bring a hazmat suit and some Doc Martens.

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, that looks pretty gross. I've arrived at houses in that condition to look at a game, and opted not even to make it through the front door. If someone goes, bring a hazmat suit and some Doc Martens.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I have inquired on the machine.

I'll take one for the team and report!

#1181 6 years ago

I thought it was a barn or shed, rather than a house.

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought it was a barn or shed, rather than a house.

I was thinking house trailer.

#1184 6 years ago

So it is not in Midland County MI? I still would not take it for free unless I know someone who needed it for plastic parts. Never mind dealing with someone who thinks it is worth $350.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Some pictures from the seller, lots of wear down the middle sections and around the poppers I'm afraid.

Plastics are faded out to some degree too.

#1186 6 years ago

Williams puck bowler remnant...I know not a pin, but maybe it can get a participation ribbon

KIMG0001 (resized).jpgKIMG0001 (resized).jpg

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Some pictures from the seller, lots of wear down the middle sections and around the poppers I'm afraid.
Plastics are faded out to some degree too.

Follow up on Tradewinds- Asked seller when the last time it was played, got the "no idea, never plugged it in" answer.

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Williams puck bowler remnant...I know not a pin, but maybe it can get a participation ribbon

Yikes!!!!!

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

A couple brackets and a couple screws and it will be perfect.

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Follow up on Tradewinds- Asked seller when the last time it was played, got the "no idea, never plugged it in" answer.

I've gotten that answer quite a few times, gotta love it. As if somebody had something that plugs in and takes up that much space for that long...and never even tried it.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

A couple brackets and a couple screws and it will be perfect.

Was working when stored maybe?

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've gotten that answer quite a few times, gotta love it. As if somebody had something that plugs in and takes up that much space for that long...and never even tried it.

Or: the kids used to play it, then it kind of stopped working, and they eventually moved out.

I get that one a lot too.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm always dubious when given that answer too.

Translation: "I plugged it in and it doesn't do a damn thing"

#1194 6 years ago

Came across this little gem earlier. I don't get a title that says "all salvageable parts removed". I see a ton of wireforms, PF parts, display, lamp boards, etc. that were destroyed for no good reason...even the cabinet. What d-bags, and what a waste. The whole game actually looked easily salvageable to me.

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Came across this little gem earlier. I don't get a title that says "all salvageable parts removed". I see a ton of wireforms, PF parts, display, lamp boards, etc. that were destroyed for no good reason...even the cabinet. What d-bags, and what a waste. The whole game actually looked easily salvageable to me.
» YouTube video

Yup, I still think there was a boatload of usable parts there. Heck, you can't get the curved plastic for the translite anywhere.

The original thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-space-jam

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

» YouTube video

I swear I am allergic to stupid people. I love how in the video description it specifically mentions angry comments from pinside lol. I’d have bought the playfield as a wall hanger at least. But I agree I’ve fixed worse looking games

#1197 6 years ago

Early morning run to Boston and back to pick up this Royal Guard, sadly its day has come. Cabinet and head are totally shot and the playfield is borderline at best, beyond my skills I think. I'll salvage everything and set it aside, I'm sure there are pinsiders that need parts to keep theirs going. I'm going to clean up the rear door and install on my Domino.

External pieces have a lot of rust, surprisingly darn little inside. Plastics are decent. Backglass could be touched up.

DSCN8669 (resized).JPGDSCN8669 (resized).JPG

DSCN8671 (resized).JPGDSCN8671 (resized).JPG

DSCN8672 (resized).JPGDSCN8672 (resized).JPG

DSCN8673 (resized).JPGDSCN8673 (resized).JPG

DSCN8674 (resized).JPGDSCN8674 (resized).JPG

DSCN8666 (resized).JPGDSCN8666 (resized).JPG

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Early morning run to Boston and back to pick up this Royal Guard, sadly its day has come. Cabinet and head are totally shot and the playfield is borderline at best, beyond my skills I think. I'll salvage everything and set it aside, I'm sure there are pinsiders that need parts to keep theirs going. I'm going to clean up the rear door and install on my Domino.
External pieces have a lot of rust, surprisingly darn little inside. Plastics are decent. Backglass could be touched up.

So someone finally nabbed it. Been eyeing that thing for two weeks, lol

From the photos, I didn't think there was any chance at restoring it. Hopefully the parts can get to folks who can use them.

#1199 6 years ago

Royal Guard is a fun game. If complete it's restorable, you just have to ask if it's worth the effort sometimes. A Pinsider not long ago resurrected one without a head.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head-needed-1968-gottlied-royal-guard

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Royal Guard is a fun game. If complete it's restorable, you just have to ask if it's worth the effort sometimes.

Correct- There was one fairly local on L.I. CL for $400, working and in ok shape.

I'd have way, way, way more than $400 into this one trying to get it back to life. There isn't a stick of cabinet wood that isn't junk. If the playfield was in better shape I would have gone for it and looked for a replacement cabinet.

I was hoping the playfield was better than what it is but it isn't so that was my "red line" in regards to trying to fix it or not.

Like I said, will set everything aside... perhaps one of the playfield artists here on the board will grab the pf and restore it to its former glory for another machine that has one that is far worse. I'm constantly looking for the next project even though I have a few in the queue.. so all the parts will be put to good use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,439 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.