Topic Stats

• 2,153 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by steve-o
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2828 (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpg
supersonic03 (resized).jpg
supersonic02 (resized).jpg
supersonic01 (resized).jpg
71806357 (resized).jpg
3477B480-8381-4F1B-84A4-57D338246FEB (resized).jpeg
E67EA19F-A7D7-4FC5-BF90-0532B0E31CCB (resized).jpeg
471AC0F5-D0DE-4FA8-9084-ECE09DFDE939 (resized).jpeg
28D961B0-20D5-4761-9069-23214480D7C2 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault5 (resized).png
20191109_100211 (resized).jpg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpg
74674984_569795347122934_7144173850555580416_n (resized).jpg
DSC_1720 (resized).JPG
B30505A1-8EE6-474C-AA00-9D985F19F6F8 (resized).jpeg

There are 2153 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 44.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unless you are made of wood, I don't think you have to worry.

made of wood (resized).jpg

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Captain fantastic BG

Yup, you can tell by Elton's shoe

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I’d hate to come across those termites in a dark alley

Termites taste like mint toothpicks. You can always eat them.

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can anyone identify that cabinet?

Industria Centaur (Spain)
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4478

#1105 2 years ago

This machine has a HOT backglass!

#1106 2 years ago

Not the game I was thinking of, but that looks like it.

#1107 2 years ago

I brought this Harlem Globetrotters home today. It is the grossest pinball machine I have ever seen.
IMG_20170927_094024737 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171004_155259078 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171004_155254051_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20171004_164927629 (resized).jpg
In addition to being disgusting, it's missing the displays, MPU and SDB

The prudent thing to do, would be to pull the sound card, and PS board - and pitch the rest off a roof. Unfortunately, I have never been called "prudent"

I have already started work on this one. Wish me luck

-d

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I brought this Harlem Globetrotters home today. It is the grossest pinball machine I have ever seen.

The prudent thing to do, would be to pull the sound card, and PS board - and pitch the rest off a roof. Unfortunately, I have never been called "prudent"
-d

What a shame, doesnt look super trashed if it hadn't been turned into mold village

Best wishes on this one!!!

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

What a shame, doesnt look super trashed if it hadn't been turned into mold village
Best wishes on this one!!!

Mold or mouse pee?

#1110 2 years ago

Be sure to wear a face mask for this one. Yikes.

#1111 2 years ago

Not terrible but who designs a set up like this! Not connector to separate easy. Damn it was dirty though.

IMG_9130 (resized).JPG

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Not terrible but who designs a set up like this! Not connector to separate easy. Damn it was dirty though.

Yes, not very practical to troubleshoot or even to change a lamp. Looks like a Bally design, which pinball is it ?

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

which pinball is it ?

Bally Hardbody. Never had the pleasure of trying one.

#1114 2 years ago

-d

One question. How much did they pay you to take it?

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

One question. How much did they pay you to take it?

Note that, sometimes we also find honest ads:
This backglass was given free of charge to anyone who came to take it.
horror1 (resized).jpg
The ads said: the famous warrior of MARS GOW in a sad state... indeed
horror2 (resized).jpg

#1116 2 years ago

Sad.

#1117 2 years ago

Sad looking Kingpin

DSCF1767 (resized).JPG

#1118 2 years ago

That's just a rust-colored powder coat.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wish it was , but I'm putting another door, coin insert etc , won't be new parts either. as they would distract from the rest of the 'patina' throughout the game . joking I'm getting this fixed for someone and he doesn't want it restored , just working and some new flipper parts etc . The playfield is great on this, just the cab and metalwork are a bit sad .

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Patina", American Pickers love that stuff!!

#1121 2 years ago

X-trem patina for this KISS...
Someone tried to turn it into a coffee table.
Very bad idea, stupid and in addition it is ugly

kiss1 (resized).jpg

#1122 2 years ago

this part looks like ovaries

Skjermbilde 2017-10-13 kl. 14.27.05 (resized).png

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Then what the hell are those arrows pointing at?

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Then what the hell are those arrows pointing at?

Super Uterus Jackpot?

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Super Uterus Jackpot?

I've seen that afterschool special!

#1126 2 years ago

-d

Make a resto thread!

#1127 2 years ago

I was invited to make an offer on this a couple days back. I declined.

IMG_7447 (resized).JPG

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

X-trem patina for this KISS...
Someone tried to turn it into a coffee table.

The top plastics are slightly warped on mine. I wonder if they would just sell me the plastics off of that mess they created. What a shame.

#1129 2 years ago

No flipper rubbers and the ground plug cut off. I get it.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on Levi!! Seems like you're always up for a challenge. A little Novus, a hazmat suit and about 500 gallons of CP 100 and that thing will be right as rain.

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Definitely looks like it was in proximity to a fire, ash and probably some smoldering embers burned the playfield.

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Definitely looks like it was in proximity to a fire, ash and probably some smoldering embers burned the playfield.

And it has the beer cap mod above the burned inserts. Did the seller say "it wasn't in a fire... ok ok ok ok ok ok"?

#1133 2 years ago

I don't think it was in a fire, it's in a loft being renovated and the contractor found it and wants money. I told I had no interest but had some lunatic friends who might take it for free, which is true (my friends are idiots). However the guy wrote me back yesterday and asked if he should accept a $400 (!!!!) offer he says someone gave him.

I told him yes, he should accept a $400 offer and consider himself luckier than Lou Gehrig.

Maybe I'm just getting pickier in my old age! About 15 years ago I might have considered a "project" like that but these days life is too short.

When he sent me the pics originally my response was "YIKES!" He responded, "Yeah, the owner didn't take very good care of it" lol. Understatement of the day.

A couple more of the beaut. I guess the cab ain't so bad?

IMG_7448 (resized).JPG

IMG_7450 (resized).JPG

IMG_7449 (resized).JPG

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think it was in a fire, it's in a loft being renovated and the contractor found it and wants money. I told I had no interest but had some lunatic friends who might take it for free, which is true (my friends are idiots). However the guy wrote me back yesterday and asked if he should accept a $400 (!!!!) offer he says someone gave him.
I told him yes, he should accept a $400 offer and consider himself luckier than Lou Gehrig.
Maybe I'm just getting pickier in my old age! About 15 years ago I might have considered a "project" like that but these days life is too short.
When he sent me the pics originally my response was "YIKES!" He responded, "Yeah, the owner didn't take very good care of it" lol. Understatement of the day.
A couple more of the beaut. I guess the cab ain't so bad?

I’m still crazy. I’d have gave him the $400 for it lol. But I can totally understand why someone else wouldn’t.

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

However the guy wrote me back yesterday and asked if he should accept a $400 (!!!!) offer he says someone gave him.

And then it will show up on Craigslist in a couple days in the same condition for $1000

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’m still crazy. I’d have gave him the $400 for it lol. But I can totally understand why someone else wouldn’t.

I'd pay $400 for that too...just because it looks complete and salvageable, and deserves to be brought back to life. The G.I. is lighting, so there's some life in it even in that condition. The boards might be nice. Just needs a fuse

Even so, an LW3 project for 400 bucks sounds good to me. Tell him I'll come up and take it if the other guy doesn't.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that a giant gouge in the playfield, or what is that spot?

10 years ago, $400 would have been insane for that. Today, that game is worth more than it was, and that seems... kind of reasonable? Knowing DE games, it needs a power supply replaced and a huge cleaning, and then the impossibility of fixing that playfield and swapping it. Definitely not worth it to me any more, but not completely insane... although finding a playfield might be sort of difficult.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

kind of reasonable? Knowing DE games, it needs a power supply replaced and a huge cleaning, and then the impossibility of fixing that playfield and swapping it. Definitely not worth it to me any more, but not completely insane... although finding a playfield might be sort of difficult.

LW3 these days commonly sells for $900 to $1500. And why would the playfield have to be swapped? Playfields can be repaired. Sure it wouldn't be collectors quality, but just to make it a players game, it would be feasible to have a decal made for the burnt portion of the playfield, which could easily be done with a simple scan of a perfect PF.

#1139 2 years ago

The lucky buyer of LW3 is on the pinball repair Facebook group now. Says he paid $250 for it, and that it's not a hole on the play field, it's old gum! So that's nice for him.

Regardless I wouldn't have been interested in that machine for free, given space concerns, the general condition, and the 4 flights of stairs. Still, I guess it says something about the market these days that a LW3 that won't boot in that kind of condition is actually worth cash to people.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The top plastics are slightly warped on mine. I wonder if they would just sell me the plastics off of

This thing (I can't name that horror a "table") was for sale at 500 € . Even in dollars, it's little expensive for a simple set of plastics.

Quoted from Axl:

I do not know if a gynecologist will be able to treat it, but this one (yes this is another #KISS) would rather need a dermatologist:
kiss2 (resized).jpg

#1141 2 years ago

Okay first off, this is not my pin

...defiantly not my pin

...absolutely NOT MY PIN.

Bally Zip-a-doo
IMG_2502 (resized).JPG
Okay, obvious broken right flipper, a little wear,one mark by the left flipper and some fade in the cabinet.

Open the coin door ...
IMG_2493 (resized).JPG

Try to lift the playfield, the arch come off. try to push up the door end of the playfield it wont come up because ...
IMG_2501 (resized).JPG
... this isn't the right shooter guide and it extends under the latch assembly (I believe this is from a Williams pin). If you look close, the end of the shooter rod has a small post rubber attached to the end of the rod with wire.

After removing the shooter guide, the playfield rises and ...

IMG_2494 (resized).JPG

Don't worry though, black electrical tape is reserved to "Fix" the pop up post.
IMG_2496 (resized).JPG
... and this.
IMG_2497 (resized).JPG

#1142 2 years ago

Good grief...what were they trying to do with all those wires?

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not sure, but it aint no Arduino mod.

#1144 2 years ago

I've seen telephone wiring exchanges in India that aren't that complicated.

#1145 2 years ago

Looks like the inside of my High hand when I bought it, except yours does not have any visible burnt wires....

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Looks like the inside of my High hand when I bought it, except yours does not have any visible burnt wires....

Maybe the burned wires are hidden by all that orange vinyl tape.

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

LW3 these days commonly sells for $900 to $1500. And why would the playfield have to be swapped? Playfields can be repaired. Sure it wouldn't be collectors quality, but just to make it a players game, it would be feasible to have a decal made for the burnt portion of the playfield, which could easily be done with a simple scan of a perfect PF.

If the playfield is burned and it has created a big divot in that part of it, you can plop a decal over it, but unless you fix the divot underneath, it's going to not play right, and a decal isn't going to look right in just an area.

I suppose you could fix the spot somehow, recreate a huge decal for the whole playfield, put the new decal over the whole playfield, and then you'd be good, but LW3 isn't a game where I would expect to want to spend that much time or effort on it.

An yeah, I agree completely with your pricing for it. If you're just repairing that one spot by itself, you still need at least $100 in parts, another $100 if it's just the one board and you aren't going to fix the boards by hand (and it's probably more because the batteries probably barfed on the MPU), and the time to completely strip and shop the game. How much is your time worth? At 20 hours of work, which I feel like would be very minimal on the game, it's $15 / hour to get the game to $900. At a more realistic 40 hours of work, it's $7.50 an hour.

If you're going to go hunting for a decent playfield and everything, you're at about the same.

I LOVE working on machines. But, with more than my fair share of insane projects under my belt, I have learned that the timeframe I'm looking at above and the parts costs are wildly optimistic. It's been extremely rare that I have restored and shopped a machine that was in bad shape and broke even on it not including my time, so I get it and that's why I think it might be worth the $400. But it's definitely not a no brainer type thing.

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If the playfield is burned and it has created a big divot in that part of it, you can plop a decal over it, but unless you fix the divot underneath, it's going to not play right, and a decal isn't going to look right in just an area.

That's a moot point. It wasn't a burn mark.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:Says he paid $250 for it, and that it's not a hole on the play field, it's old gum!

#1149 2 years ago

I didn't notice until now, but take a good look at the left flipper coil:
26 1200.jpg

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What we have here is Joe Pesci selling his pinball machine. Did the guy he bought it off of keep saying Ok..ok..ok.. I've got this..I can fix this...?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 2153 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside