omg2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
FB_IMG_1710102812674 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163243759 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240306_163129457 (resized).jpg
x2 (resized).jpg

There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 109.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Thumbs down A Go Go?

Huh

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

WTF happened? Why it the THING box stuck half open without the hand?

Glass stuck in back of thing box hinge

Quoted from Taxman:

I have a feeling this is not a bar. I t looks like ColorDMD on each side.
I call Shenanigans. This is not on route. Game heads are too close together. MB next to TAF. This is a home.

MMr has the color kit and South Park does have Color. All my games on location (38) that are color ready have color. The games at this location are unfortunately jammed together close. Its either have 6 there with space or 8 tightly fit.

Quoted from lordloss:

It's a 25 cents a game bar where all the flippers are gimped

It's a 25 cents a game bar (12.5 cents on half price token night, 10 cents on Thursdays) where all the games are hammered from open to close and they are up kept as best as I can do. These pins are some of the highest played pins in the US on a per week basis. Who else do you know that has a IMVE with 100k plays ?

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Here is another parts machine
Give me $400 and its yours

There's no comparing a Space Jam to a Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park past 6 months average ebay sales is $4000 while a Space Jam on average is about $1400. So if you were local I would gladly pay you the same percentage based on it sales value which would be $140.

But I get it restoration is not for everyone.

#904 6 years ago

The "thumbs down a go go" thing is something that Todd Tuckey says in his videos.

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Glass stuck in back of thing box hinge

I was trying to make a joke that the THING box was what is wrong with the game and ignoring the whole glass thing.

My joke failed miserably

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

There's no comparing a Space Jam to a Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park past 6 months average ebay sales is $4000 while a Space Jam on average is about $1400. So if you were local I would gladly pay you the same percentage based on it sales value which would be $140.
But I get it restoration is not for everyone.

JP is not a $4k machine.

#907 6 years ago

This pinball horror pic gives me nightmares.

Ahhhhhh!Ahhhhhh!

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ya, some people can't stand wear on the corners of the head like that!

#909 6 years ago

The "thumbs down a go go" thing is something that Todd Tuckey says in his videos.

Found one! lol

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Just out of curiousity...is the cabinet destroyed? Why do you consider it a parts machine? Topside while filthy and missing T-Rex seems mostly there enough to save

I agree, I started with less on my LW3 rebuild. This can be saved.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

» YouTube video Found one! lol

Lol. Thx. guess I never paid attention on that comment before. Lol.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JP is not a $4k machine.

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0517.htm
Average 6 month average ebay price (6 machines) sold on ebay is $4100 ($4099)

IMO Jurassic Park is every bit of a $4k machine. It is fun game of an active movie franchise. I would not sell my for $4k. I play it twice as much as my Addams Family.

Pre-Jurassic World movie I would see them in the $2200-2500 range... I have not seen them lately.

#914 6 years ago

^^^ I second that. For one, eBay as a price guide? Never. For two, any DE game worth $4k? Rarely, with the exception of SW and GNR. If JP is a $4k game, then my very cherry BF is worth $7k (DE became Sega, and so on).

#915 6 years ago

Ive been holding back on JP comments above until moderator Forceflow did it for me.
I have had 2 close to me come up at $2800 snd $2500 in past 2 months. Game only CQ with color Dmd and new decals worth maybe 4k.

#916 6 years ago

Whoever is holding a bunch of cheap Space Jam pins once the millennials start collecting is gonna hit pay dirt.

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well then this should leave you terrified...

IMG_3196 (resized).JPGIMG_3196 (resized).JPG

IMG_3199 (resized).JPGIMG_3199 (resized).JPG

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

^^^ I second that. For one, eBay as a price guide? Never. For two, any DE game worth $4k? Rarely, with the exception of SW and GNR. If JP is a $4k game, then my very cherry BF is worth $7k (DE became Sega, and so on).

I do not want to derail this thread I will say this and drop the matter. Left handed cork screws, Bennie Babies, Lassie feces... The ONLY accurate metric for what any thing is actively sells for is a place like eBay (not what it use to sell for, or what someone wants it to sell for.) That my friends, is eBay final closing auction prices. The prices I quoted are not really a matter of opinion, that is empirical data. There can be a ton of factors as to why a $4k ebay pin is not selling for $3k on pinside. Of course ebay is geared to the general population not pinheads like us. (apparently here on pinside $100 worth of bobbles and hallmark ornaments instantly add $500 to a game value)

The $4k JP ebay sales are what they are, sorry if it interferes with anyones opinion to what they are "really" worth. I was just quoting eBay stats. So yeah... Ebay is not a price guide. I owned a baseball card and comic shop once upon a time and price guides mean not very much compared to what things actively sell for. Price guides get their opinions based on empirical data like recent eBay.

And everyone has their own opinion... as I said IMO (in my opinion) JP is a $4k game....and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree. One or two $4100 sales can be a fluke.. 6 is different matter and with the next JP movie coming out in June 2018, and another movie to follow. I personally think the price on JP machines are likely to stay the same on ebay and rise some here on pinside... IMO.

Also, the point of my original post was based on someone scraping a JP game that was missing a few playfield parts and a board set. I personally think that is a shame. But respect the persons decision to do that if he can get that type of machine so cheaply that he can instantly scrap them for parts. I sure as hell can't.

#919 6 years ago

A Stern Flight 2000 that I got for free. It lived under a car part in Central Texas for 20 years. Too far gone to be saved.

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

IMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG

IMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPG

#920 6 years ago

Save it save it!

#921 6 years ago

I love this thread. I've written about quite possibly five of the very worst operated pinball machines on location in North America. Tales of drywall screws and painter's tape from Myrtle Beach, SC.

00-kingd04.jpg (resized).jpg00-kingd04.jpg (resized).jpg

FEATURE: The Worst Kept Location Games in North America
http://creditdotpinball.com/2017/08/17/feature-the-worst-kept-location-games-in-north-america/

#922 6 years ago

I do not want to derail this thread I will say this and drop the matter. Left handed cork screws, Bennie Babies, Lassie feces... The ONLY accurate metric for what any thing is actively sells for is a place like eBay (not what it use to sell for, or what someone wants it to sell for.) That my friends, is eBay final closing auction prices. The prices I quoted are not really a matter of opinion, that is empirical data. There can be a ton of factors as to why a $4k ebay pin is not selling for $3k on pinside. Of course ebay is geared to the general population not pinheads like us. (apparently here on pinside $100 worth of bobbles and hallmark ornaments instantly add $500 to a game value)
The $4k JP ebay sales are what they are, sorry if it interferes with anyones opinion to what they are "really" worth. I was just quoting eBay stats. So yeah... Ebay is not a price guide. I owned a baseball card and comic shop once upon a time and price guides mean not very much compared to what things actively sell for. Price guides get their opinions based on empirical data like recent eBay.
And everyone has their own opinion... as I said IMO (in my opinion) JP is a $4k game....and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree. One or two $4100 sales can be a fluke.. 6 is different matter and with the next JP movie coming out in June 2018, and another movie to follow. I personally think the price on JP machines are likely to stay the same on ebay and rise some here on pinside... IMO.
Also, the point of my original post was based on someone scraping a JP game that was missing a few playfield parts and a board set. I personally think that is a shame. But respect the persons decision to do that if he can get that type of machine so cheaply that he can instantly scrap them for parts. I sure as hell can't.

No amount of hyping or price pumping is going to raise the market price. It's simply not the going rate for your average JP.

I tried looking for these sold listings on ebay and found none. However, I did find 6 games listed *for sale* between $4-$5k.

I think you are misreading the chart.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0517.htm

Here are the labels of the columns:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

The only things you can discern are the average price, minimum price, maximum price, total number sold, the average price in the past 6 months, and the total sold in 6 months.

It does not list individual prices. So, you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason (which would have driven up the average), and the rest of them could have been typical market prices.

That's the thing with averages--you can't tell what the actual individual prices were. So trying to say that "all 6 games were $4k" would be inaccurate without being able to show all six of the individual listings.

pasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).png

If you want to stick a $4k price tag on your game and put it up for sale, I'd be interested to hear how long it takes to actually find a buyer willing to pay that much for it.

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

A Stern Flight 2000 that I got for free. It lived under a car part in Central Texas for 20 years. Too far gone to be saved.

Is the cabinet rotting? If not, I'd say it's worthwhile to save. Or at least, sell it to someone who would be interested in restoring it.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is the cabinet rotting? If not, I'd say it's worthwhile to save. Or at least, sell it to someone who would be interested in restoring it.

AGREED! That play field is nice for this title it is typically pretty ratted out. That is good score.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No amount of hyping or price pumping is going to raise the market price. It's simply not the going rate for your average JP.
I tried looking for these sold listings on ebay and found none. However, I did find 6 games listed *for sale* between $4-$5k.
I think you are misreading the chart.
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0517.htm
Here are the labels of the columns:

The only things you can discern are the average price, minimum price, maximum price, total number sold, the average price in the past 6 months, and the total sold in 6 months.
It does not list individual prices. So, you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason (which would have driven up the average), and the rest of them could have been typical market prices.
That's the thing with averages--you can't tell what the actual individual prices were. So trying to say that "all 6 games were $4k" would be inaccurate without being able to show all six of the individual listings.

If you want to stick a $4k price tag on your game and put it up for sale, I'd be interested to hear how long it takes to actually find a buyer willing to pay that much for it.

Sorry bro, I am not “hyping” anything. I could care less what the pinside price is or the ebay price is. I have ONE JP and it is not for sale even at $5k. Because it is it pretty much flawless. Your accusation that I am "hyping or price pumping" is about as ridiculous as me accusing you of suppressing prices on JP sales. Neither you nor I are in JP resale market so neither have vested interest in attempting to sway some market price.

How exactly am I not reading the boston pinball biz chart correctly? Thank you for posting it BTW, it just buttresses my original statement. With all due respect, I think you must be the one that is reading it wrong. Does it not say that in the past 6 months there has been 6 machines sold at an average price of $4099? Six games in six months is a good sampling.

In your scenario you said “you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason” you could just as easily have had one crazy low price for some strange reason. What "could" have happened is utter guesswork. And lets pretend that you are right and one sold at $7k if the 5 other sold at non-crazy prices they would average out at $3500 each. $3.5k is pretty darn close to $4k. And there is nothing indicating that one sold at the crazy high price you suggested.

I said “and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree.” That was “average”, not each. You quote someone (not me) in saying: "all 6 games were $4k" your use of that statement in quote makes it read as if that was something I was had said. I did not say that "all 6 games were $4k" on every instance I included the word average... quoting BostonPinballBiz and their empirical data.

The reason you found no listing for those JP sales is because older sales migrate out of ebay completed sales history. If you don’t believe the BostonPinballBiz folks about their stats you need to take that up with them.

A fun lively debate none the less. And again.. my point was that a few playfield parts and missing board set is no reason to scrap a DMD pinball machine that is worth thousands....IMO.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JP is not a $4k machine

If it is, I'll sell mine tomorrow for $3500. What a deal, huh folks?! First one to show up with cash takes it. Not everyone at once please.

#927 6 years ago

Sorry bro, I am not “hyping” anything. I could care less what the pinside price is or the ebay price is. I have ONE JP and it is not for sale even at $5k. Because it is it pretty much flawless. Your accusation that I am "hyping or price pumping" is about as ridiculous as me accusing you of suppressing prices on JP sales. Neither you nor I are in JP resale market so neither have vested interest in attempting to sway some market price.
How exactly am I not reading the boston pinball biz chart correctly? Thank you for posting it BTW, it just buttresses my original statement. With all due respect, I think you must be the one that is reading it wrong. Does it not say that in the past 6 months there has been 6 machines sold at an average price of $4099? Six games in six months is a good sampling.
In your scenario you said “you could have one crazy high priced game for some strange reason” you could just as easily have had one crazy low price for some strange reason. What "could" have happened is utter guesswork. And lets pretend that you are right and one sold at $7k if the 5 other sold at non-crazy prices they would average out at $3500 each. $3.5k is pretty darn close to $4k. And there is nothing indicating that one sold at the crazy high price you suggested.
I said “and 6 people shelling out an average of $4100 each on ebay agree.” That was “average”, not each. You quote someone (not me) in saying: "all 6 games were $4k" your use of that statement in quote makes it read as if that was something I was had said. I did not say that "all 6 games were $4k" on every instance I included the word average... quoting BostonPinballBiz and their empirical data.
The reason you found no listing for those JP sales is because older sales migrate out of ebay completed sales history. If you don’t believe the BostonPinballBiz folks about their stats you need to take that up with them.
A fun lively debate none the less. And again.. my point was that a few playfield parts and missing board set is no reason to scrap a DMD pinball machine that is worth thousands....IMO.

WOW what a long rant in a fun thread!

Ohhh....sorry, but just because of a pet peeve of mine, since you "can care less", please do care less.

Just sayin, what a silly rant in a fun thread...nm...I'm just gonna care less

#928 6 years ago

I saw two JP pins at pintastic in July. One was $2200 the other was $2500. Neither one sold.

If JP really was a $4k pin, they would have been scooped up in a heartbeat.

20170708095932604-1 (resized).jpg20170708095932604-1 (resized).jpg

20170708095756537-1-1 (resized).jpg20170708095756537-1-1 (resized).jpg

#929 6 years ago

In the netherlands,where i live, jp is nowhere near $4000
In good condition maybe €1900/2000 if someone really wants it
This one i sold for €250 and it will be a donor for many other machines

#930 6 years ago

Anyone that owns a game weather its JP or anything else are always interested in knowing how much there going for or what they THINK it should be selling for. Nobody wants to hear there game (that they over paid for in the first place) is only really worth half or 2/3's of what they paid for it. So I think that people always seem to "hype" the value of said title because they don't want to feel stupid for over paying in the first place. And if JP is a 4K+ game then it's time for me to sell out all my pins because that would mean that my Blackwater 100 (which is waaayyy cooler then JP) is now worth 10K. You see how works? Sorry but I have to agree that JP is typically in the $2500 range for a fully working and nice game.

John

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes. It had been rained on for years. The head literally crumbled into dust. The back glass is so bare that it's hard to tell what the image actually is. It's sad but some are just too far gone.

Also had mice living in it. Chewed up wires everywhere.

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I saw two JP pins at pintastic in July. One was $2200 the other was $2500. Neither one sold.
If JP really was a $4k pin, they would have been scooped up in a heartbeat.

I saw one go for $3200 at an auction last September. Add the 15% auction fee and it was nearly $4000. That being said I'm sure it's like anything else it depends on who happens to be there and what it's worth to them. Shit, I wish I could pick up games for under $1k but someone is usually willing to pay up for them so it rarely happens. I agree that it's not a matter of how anyone feels about what a price should be it's about what the games actually sell for. I wish I could find a BK2K for $500 and sell it for $5000 but the market doesn't care how I feel.

#933 6 years ago

The back glass from Flight 2000 before it goes in the dumpster.

IMG_1022 (resized).JPGIMG_1022 (resized).JPG

IMG_1023 (resized).JPGIMG_1023 (resized).JPG

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well then this should leave you terrified...

horrific, its actually hurting my eyes .
I bet some on here must be itching to touch up the paint .
btw nice rust effect on the rails , looks unreal!

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Yes. It had been rained on for years. The head literally crumbled into dust. The back glass is so bare that it's hard to tell what the image actually is. It's sad but some are just too far gone.

Sent you a PM

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

I'd be happy to take that play field off your hands if you still have it...

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

From your pics, that play field looks savable to me.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

From your pics, that play field looks savable to me.

Yep, I already talked him In to selling it to me. That flight 2000 will fly again!

#939 6 years ago

Picked up this Meteor last weekend. There is some more wire nuts up inside the backbox.

IMG_0672 (resized).JPGIMG_0672 (resized).JPG

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I have a feeling this is not a bar. I t looks like ColorDMD on each side.
I call Shenanigans. This is not on route. Game heads are too close together. MB next to TAF. This is a home.

That is a TAF Gold. Who would put that on route?

#941 6 years ago

It's a 25 cents a game bar (12.5 cents on half price token night, 10 cents on Thursdays) where all the games are hammered from open to close and they are up kept as best as I can do. These pins are some of the highest played pins in the US on a per week basis. Who else do you know that has a IMVE with 100k plays ?

Why not raise the price. When those W/B games are gone you are stuck buying Sterns that won't last at exorbitant prices.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is a TAF Gold. Who would put that on route?

Why do you think it is the special edition? Thing box is red and bookcase is blue.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

FEATURE: The Worst Kept Location Games in North America

OMG. Why the hell would you do that to a pinball machine?

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Actually, the machine is getting the full treatment. Ive always wanted to restore a pinball machine, and I figured if I screwed this one up, no one would care much.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-street-fighter-or-this-thing-should-be-dead

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Just put some LED's behind it and it will look awesome again.

John

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why do you think it is the special edition? Thing box is red and bookcase is blue.

I was looking at the gold around the rose. I never noticed the thing box and the book case. Now that I look closer I see that it isn't.

#947 6 years ago

ment in quote makes it read as if that was something I was had said. I did not say that "all 6 games were $4k" on every instance I included the word average... quoting BostonPinballBiz and their empirical data.
A fun lively debate none the less. And again.. my point was that a few playfield p

BAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today! I gotta get down to Kentucky one of these days and get a hold of some of that good stuff ya'll are smokin down there!

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

BAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today! I gotta get down to Kentucky one of these days and get a hold of some of that good stuff ya'll are smokin down there!

If empirical data on eBay's closing prices or websites that keep track of such prices causes you to "BAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!"
You don't need to go to another state to find new drugs... what ever you are currently smoking now is doing the job just fine.

#949 6 years ago

And now this is a "pinside" horror story. The sad thing is it's just like every other thread on here so oh well. Lol

Does it really matter how much JP is worth?

#950 6 years ago

Wish I'd read this before spending 4 months trying to sell my nice JP for $2200. Who knew I should've been asking $4K!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/19?hl=snes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.