IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7042.gif
aa4 (resized).jpg
aa3 (resized).jpg
aa1 (resized).jpg
20240318_205059 (resized).jpg
omg3 (resized).jpg
omg1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 110.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

OMG!!! Am I crazy to think that pile would be so fun to go through and organize. I know there's probably a lot of nasty in there too but wow, theres a lot of treasure too.

I would definitely spend a weekend going through that. Probably some hidden gems in there, especially the stuff indoors.

Quoted from matt_adams:

I took that photo in April. I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

OMG again. Haunted House, EBDLE, Fire, Taxi...looks like a Catacomb? I'll jump on a plane and cross the pond to help you go through it.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

As long as it's not all destined for the landfill, I'm happy.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on,

Is it on an Island?

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Come on....just a hint.

Are you looking to fill another seatrain?

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on

Seems like a lot of interest. Drum up some investors to sweeten your deal, and cut a deal for them to get a machine shipped to them.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I took that photo in April. I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

Omg, 2 haunted houses right off the bat in pic! Your killin me!

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Omg, 2 haunted houses right off the bat in pic! Your killin me!

I see 3 HH in the piles . . . .

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Are you looking to fill another seatrain?

OMG no, not till next year , which is coning quickly. Not this pile, or both pics above. Would rather of not seen those pics. It hurts my brain.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Two Haunted Houses

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Please, please save them! No matter how bad they are at least salvage some parts!
I'm of the folks who love digging through and finding wrecks like that!

It's a great feeling knowing that even though those games have suffered a fate worse than death, they can save other games and pieces of it can still live on.

I, as well as others in this thread I'm sure, enjoy the fun and excitement that comes with buying some junk and picking out gems.

Also a bit of a side note, but you should try recording any serial numbers of those games you can and putting them on the IPSND. I notice not many people do this it seems, even when they have games in great shape for years. I have come across just a few games that were just scraps and parts, and I record their numbers and try to indicate "yep it existed and now it's gone."
Not sure how anyone else feels about that, I'd love to hear some opinions.

#861 6 years ago

Has anyone seen this video? I guess they were beyond repair, still hard to watch

#862 6 years ago

Sigh...yes, it's been posted several times.

#863 6 years ago

I guess I just don't get it. If you go look at something like @merrcat's Space Shuttle rebuild, it's clear that a lot of "unrepairable" machines are nothing of the sort. None of my projects look that damned good. That machine on the roof would be such a boon for people looking to rebuild or retheme machines. If you have a shit project that you will never work on, sell it or donate it to your local college or high school engineering class.
/rant

EDIT: Stuff somebody digs up in an old barn or something doesn't really bother me. It's the deliberate destruction of that video that sets me off.

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

That machine on the roof would be such a boon for people looking to rebuild or retheme machines.

The cabinet of that game in the video is empty.

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The cabinet of that game in the video is empty.

Not this debate again...

#866 6 years ago

That video was from 2011. Things were much different then. Also the cabinets were piss and water damaged and unsalvageable. The video has been brought up a million times already sheesh. TNT has restored more than their fair share of games to make up for dumping a couple shit boxes off a roof at a time where collecting was nowhere near as out of control as it is today.

#867 6 years ago

And in this corner.... "Prince" the Pussy Cat vs. Jersey Jack Pinball!!

After two days in the ring... Dialed In is down... But, not for long....

With about 2 city blocks of shrink tube... A cubic sh!t ton of solder... And a few cases of Miller Lite for technical inspiration....

Dialed In remains the undisputed champion. (however, Dialed In quietly hopes there will never be a rematch)!!

** DISCLAIMER ** Just in case mine ever goes for sale (which is unlikely).. This wasn't my machine.. I was just the doctor (trainer)!!

IMG_20170801_151105761 (resized).jpgIMG_20170801_151105761 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170805_151136600 (resized).jpgIMG_20170805_151136600 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170805_154025053 (resized).jpgIMG_20170805_154025053 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170805_162732723 (resized).jpgIMG_20170805_162732723 (resized).jpg

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

And in this corner.... "Prince" the Pussy Cat vs. Jersey Jack Pinball!!
After two days in the ring... Dialed In is down... But, not for long....
With about 2 city blocks of shrink tube... A cubic sh!t ton of solder... And a few cases of Miller Lite for technical inspiration....
Dialed In remains the undisputed champion. (however, Dialed In quietly hopes there will never be a rematch)!!
** DISCLAIMER ** Just in case mine ever goes for sale (which is unlikely).. This wasn't my machine.. I was just the doctor (trainer)!!

ROTFLMFAO!!

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Lucky Cat!

Playfield swap? Cabinet swap? Harness replacement? What's going on?

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Lucky Cat!
Playfield swap? Cabinet swap? Harness replacement? What's going on?

Nope. Mostly just harness repair. And lots of it. From the transformer, to the coin door, to the bottom side of the playfield. Some other exciting challenges too, but those were the main ones. I was actually kind of fun to bring it back to life (slowly)...

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Nope. Mostly just harness repair. And lots of it. From the transformer, to the coin door, to the bottom side of the playfield. Some other exciting challenges too, but those were the main ones. I was actually kind of fun to bring it back to life (slowly)...

Couldn't you just buy a new harness from JJP?

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That video was from 2011. Things were much different then.

I wasn't on the scene then, and have just run across this video. I do find it weird that TNT defends themselves in the comments by pointing at other times collectibles have been trashed. Yeah, so? I would bitch about that, too. I DO bitch when I watch classic VWs(my favorite classic cars) get torn up in action movies.
All that aside, TNT is at least giving people the chance to buy up the "junk" machines(according to their posts, I know nothing of the company personally). So I give them credit for that. If I were closer, I would indeed show up with a truck and a checkbook, but Cali to PA is a bit of a drive.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Couldn't you just buy a new harness from JJP?

It wasn't quite that easy. It was multiple harnesses and trying to figure out shorts and opens under the playfield. That was the toughest cause they were hidden in the bundles.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

It wasn't quite that easy. It was multiple harnesses and trying to figure out shorts and opens under the playfield. That was the toughest cause they were hidden in the bundles.

What caused the damage?

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

New chewtoy?

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Has anyone seen this video? I guess they were beyond repair, still hard to watch
» YouTube video

Video was filmed in 2004 and posted in 2011....this is explained in titles on screen and in description that people never seem to read...no one wanted these games back then

#877 6 years ago

One of my games on route

IMG_0365 (resized).JPGIMG_0365 (resized).JPG

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

One of my games on route

Noooooo.!!....Why??? How?

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

One of my games on route

Looks like the bar owes you the nights take

#880 6 years ago

WTF happened? Why it the THING box stuck half open without the hand?

#881 6 years ago

That sucks.

#882 6 years ago

I have a feeling this is not a bar. I t looks like ColorDMD on each side.
I call Shenanigans. This is not on route. Game heads are too close together. MB next to TAF. This is a home.

Added over 7 years ago: Sorry, MM, TAF and SP. MM and SP show color on the DMDs.

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I call Shenanigans. This is not on route. Game heads are too close together. MB next to TAF. This is a home.

It's a 25 cents a game bar where all the flippers are gimped

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What caused the damage?

Their family cat was locked in the game for around 48 hours. Didn't pee once!

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

One of my games on route

thats hard to look at.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It's on route. Don't understand why you would think someone would lie? And it's a MM not MB

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Their family cat was locked in the game for around 48 hours. Didn't pee once!

1u61us (resized).jpg1u61us (resized).jpg

#888 6 years ago

Jurrasic park parts machine

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#889 6 years ago

Headless hyperball

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Video was filmed in 2004 and posted in 2011....this is explained in titles on screen and in description that people never seem to read...no one wanted these games back then

Todd is a hero! Even when I first started a few months ago I saw that video and was like "WTF?!!?1"
and now I watch TNT every day and love them! Those guys fight the hard fight with the games they get in and Todd's running a business to make money!! He could take a dump in every cabinet he gives away if he wanted to! But he doesn't because he knows that nowadays people will fight for just the scraps and he helps out when he can!

At least it was a lot of crapper games too, nothing horribly rare. Not like those guys who smashed up the Star-Jet!

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Just out of curiousity...is the cabinet destroyed? Why do you consider it a parts machine? Topside while filthy and missing T-Rex seems mostly there enough to save

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sigh...yes, it's been posted several HUNDRED times.

Fixed, lol

#893 6 years ago

The jurrasic park had no boards and many playfield parts were missing
For me this is a parts machine,if anyone wants to restore such a machine please do,i am not that guy

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

The jurrasic park had no boards and many playfield parts were missing
For me this is a parts machine,if anyone wants to restore such a machine please do,i am not that guy

I try to keep spare boards in my stash for just such an occasion. Don't let the lack of boards and a few parts deter someone from resurrecting a game. These games will ever be made again, so if one is destroyed, it's gone forever.

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Totally restorable. I wish that was the condition of the "parts" that i typically run on. Even without boards I would have paid $300-$400 for it.

Of course I have a complete board set that would go in that girl.

#896 6 years ago

Here is another parts machine
Give me $400 and its yours

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Here is another parts machine
Give me $400 and its yours

Quoted from ForceFlow:

These games will ever be made again, so if one is destroyed, it's gone forever.

<sarcasm>

You know in some cases, this might be a good thing.

</sarcasm>

#898 6 years ago

Wasn't trying to bring any bad views on Todd at TNT. I watch his videos every day, he's the man! Really get a huge kick out of his jokes. Hope to meet him one day. He's bought/sold and fixed so many machines that throwing a few off the roof isn't a big deal

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Todd is a hero! Even when I first started a few months ago I saw that video and was like "WTF?!!?1"
and now I watch TNT every day and love them! Those guys fight the hard fight with the games they get in and Todd's running a business to make money!! He could take a dump in every cabinet he gives away if he wanted to! But he doesn't because he knows that nowadays people will fight for just the scraps and he helps out when he can!
At least it was a lot of crapper games too, nothing horribly rare. Not like those guys who smashed up the Star-Jet!

Quoted from CollinT:

Wasn't trying to bring any bad views on Todd at TNT. I watch his videos every day, he's the man! Really get a huge kick out of his jokes. Hope to meet him one day. He's bought/sold and fixed so many machines that throwing a few off the roof isn't a big deal

Dont get sucked in pacmanretro.....don't get sucked in.....

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Dont get sucked in pacmanretro.....don't get sucked in.....

Thumbs down A Go Go?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.