Topic Stats

• 2,149 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

71806357 (resized).jpg
3477B480-8381-4F1B-84A4-57D338246FEB (resized).jpeg
E67EA19F-A7D7-4FC5-BF90-0532B0E31CCB (resized).jpeg
471AC0F5-D0DE-4FA8-9084-ECE09DFDE939 (resized).jpeg
28D961B0-20D5-4761-9069-23214480D7C2 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault5 (resized).png
20191109_100211 (resized).jpg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpg
74674984_569795347122934_7144173850555580416_n (resized).jpg
DSC_1720 (resized).JPG
B30505A1-8EE6-474C-AA00-9D985F19F6F8 (resized).jpeg
490CAABA-84D5-45BD-8D09-60BC21E61970 (resized).jpeg
93A90F1B-8BC9-47AF-A628-25EE4BCE94A1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20191021_115718 (resized).jpg
20191021_115751 (resized).jpg

There are 2149 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Is that Trident a recent pick up, The Australian release actually has the start button there, and a different front door, its a fun challenging game, especially with the right hand out lane.

Yeah, pretty recent. It is a challenging game, with pretty decent artwork. A lot of colors. It was actually one of the first games that I got years ago when I got into the hobby, but sold it after a few months to move up to an alpha numeric. Interesting that the one produced down under is different.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Alaska has to be a tough place to find project pins.

Just a little bit tougher since I moved away... I shipped my Sorcerer and F-14 down with me

Still kicking myself for letting my dad's Vector sell when he moved shop. Been looking for another and not having much luck down here. If anyone ever runs into one with a silver decal for 'Space Station' arcade on the backglass and a smashed up backbox, I apologize for some of the wiring in that thing

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interesting that the one produced down under is different.

I know, all the other Stern machines shipped as knockdown games that were assembled in Australia by Leisure and Allied industries were identical to the others for some unknown reason Trident was different . The only possibility is when they shipped from Stern in the U.S as knockdown games they had a shortage of coin doors or they never shipped in the kits and they were left up to Leisure and Allied to source or produce I really do not know.

#804 2 years ago

I've never seen a coil burnt up and melted that badly.

20170802133455431 (resized).jpg
20170802133918673 (resized).jpg
20170802133913829 (resized).jpg
20170802133928186 (resized).jpg

I wonder how long it finally took for the fuse to blow....

20170802133858470 (resized).jpg

#805 2 years ago

If more of Big Ben looked like this, it would have been an even longer fix.

20170518_183913 (resized).jpg

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've never seen a coil burnt up and melted that badly

Wow! That would have smelt so bad!

#807 2 years ago

Here's one for you

IMGP7660 (resized).JPG

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Here's one for you

Lot of good parts there!

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Here's one for you

Novis and your all set on that pile.
Say, 400 gallons should do.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Novis and your all set on that pile.
Say, 400 gallons should do.

Oh. I didn't realize Novus was flammable.

#811 2 years ago

Should be fine with some colored LEDs...

IMG_5019 (resized).JPG

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Maybe gluing some of those leaves scattered on the ground to it would be an improvement

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

That back glass is worth at least $200 if you gauge its value by this eBay auction:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass

IMG_2023 (resized).JPG

IMG_2025 (resized).PNG

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Here's one for you

OMG....is that a head for a spirit on top left???!!!

The horror.....

#815 2 years ago

Wonder that noone is posting newer STERN playfield pics

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Wonder that noone is posting newer STERN playfield pics

Too soon. The wounds are still fresh

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Here's one for you

I see part of a Spirit

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Just a little bit tougher since I moved away...

LOL, you can always send them back. Though funilly enough, I got a Sorcerer off a guy who brought it up when he moved up here, so it all balances out. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for that Vector. Good to know there's one up here (funky wiring, or not).

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

That back glass is worth at least $200 if you gauge its value by this eBay auction:
ebay.com link ยป Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass

If that sells I'm putting mine up for sale. It's not much better than this one.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Here's one for you

Man, if I found that pile, my wife would divorce me after I lugged it all back to the garage....

#821 2 years ago

Not to mention the Spiderman, Fathom, Spectrum, Xenon, Globetrotters, Devils Dare, Stryker, Genesis, Supersonic, Bad Girls, Space Invaders, Spirit of 76, ........UGH!!!
What else am I missing?

John

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not to mention the Spiderman, Fathom, Spectrum, Xenon, Globetrotters, Devils Dare, Stryker, Genesis, Supersonic, Bad Girls, Space Invaders, Spirit of 76, ........UGH!!!
What else am I missing?
John

nevermind...

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?

I think I see Bigfoot in there...........................

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?
John

Bunch of little seen games

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think I see Bigfoot in there...........................

UGH, stop!!! Your killing me!!!

John

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Man, if I found that pile, my wife would divorce me after I lugged it all back to the garage....

Your pets would leave too!

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?
John

Didnt notice the space invaders....
There is a Sinbad head at top of stack

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?

Excalibur, Hot Shots...

This picture makes me sad....

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Didnt notice the space invaders....
There is a Sinbad head at top of stack

S.I. playfield next to Devil's Dare. You can plainly see the 180 degree turn.

#830 2 years ago

I have to ask. Does anyone know where this pile is, and was it a recent pic? Does it still exist?

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have to ask. Does anyone know where this pile is, and was it a recent pic? Does it still exist?

Dont go there...warning avoid temptation.
No one needs a pinball machine that bad.
O.k., its my back yard. Its like pick a part but i charge ebay prices..

#832 2 years ago

That pile is just a shame. Made me nauseous just to look at it. What a waste....so many great titles in there

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What a waste....so many great titles in there

No doubt. No EXIF data I can see. I was hoping to see "taken yesterday, GPS coords about 20 minutes from your house"

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?
John

Is that a dredd on the far right?

#835 2 years ago

20 years ago I would have been crying. Id have thrown out furniture just to make room.

Now I realize you just don't put 80 hours of labor and $1,200 of parts for a $400 game.

The stuff I still have like that has been saving other games for years. Mostly sending free parts to a poor soul trying to save another. But you can't save them all and you just get sick of living with piles of crap.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

No doubt. No EXIF data I can see. I was hoping to see "taken yesterday, GPS coords about 20 minutes from your house"

The EXIF data probably gets stripped out when uploaded to pinside when they are processed and compressed.

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

20 years ago I would have been crying. Id have thrown out furniture just to make room.
Now I realize you just don't put 80 hours of labor and $1,200 of parts for a $400 game.
The stuff I still have like that has been saving other games for years. Mostly sending free parts to a poor soul trying to save another. But you can't save them all and you just get sick of living with piles of crap.

We can rebuild them--we have the technology!

But seriously, we have so many homebrew manufacturing tools now available that we didn't have 10 years ago, not to mention all the new parts that are being reproduced. Unobtainable parts aren't a complete lost cause like they were years ago. But true, sometimes the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the machine. But with prices skyrocketing, in 6 months, you can recoup your costs

IMHO, as long as the playfield and cabinet aren't rotting, I usually try to make the effort to save a game. I saved a few games with dead or missing boards that other collectors just would have parted out. Dead/missing boards don't automatically make a game parts material.

#838 2 years ago

Don't get me wrong. It is a whole new world these days of fixing up games. The reproduction parts due to technology is a game changer. We went from stock, to NOS, to unavailable to now "NEW".

But using the old cargument ideals - What is a price of a car verse the separate parts of a car. Then the price to assemble yourself.

That part of the hobby is a special dedication. And you do not get your money back. I love it, I just don't have the energy anymore. These are the people I consider the true people in the pinball hobby. Even above the players since restoration people are also players. And definitely not the speculation buyers who think for some reason you shell out money for a new game and just because you owned it and did nothing to it, it is worth more.

Operators and Manufacturers are a part of the food chain. Without them the games would not be available for the players. But for them it is a business. A business they care about, but still. If we are talking about this as a hobby and love of the game it goes like this -

Restorers > Players > Operators & Manuf > NIB (only) Buyers

#839 2 years ago

If nothing else a pile like that is a gold mine of parts for custom builds.... Always got my eyes open for something that can donate good parts without feeling too bad... so far I always tend to save them instead.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But using the old cargument ideals - What is a price of a car verse the separate parts of a car. Then the price to assemble yourself.

Yeah, there's a point at which the individual parts are worth more than the game as a whole. But--once you sell of those handful of primary/desirable parts, you're still left with the rest of the leftovers that can sometimes be tough to get rid of.

Quoted from Taxman:

And definitely not the speculation buyers who think for some reason you shell out money for a new game and just because you owned it and did nothing to it, it is worth more.

I can't help but chuckle a little when I see the speculation buyers get worked up when the price drops on a game after people don't end up wanting a certain title that badly.

Quoted from Taxman:

Operators and Manufacturers are a part of the food chain. Without them the games would not be available for the players.

I know a couple of arcade owners who are not planning on any new pins since they cost so much now. At $3500-$4000 they would have been in, but now we're talking over $5k for a game that won't earn much compared to their other arcade and redemption games. One of the owners even finally got rid of all his remaining pinball machines since he got fed up with always having to repair them. He was putting way more into them than what he was getting out. But, another collector ended up with them all (how an out-of-town collector heard about the sale before me, I have no idea )

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Damn, I have been doing it all wrong!

#842 2 years ago

My current project / test to myself to see if I can get her going

** not for the weak hearted **

But I had to save it was the dumpster

IMG_3787 (resized).JPG

IMG_3788 (resized).JPG

IMG_3793 (resized).JPG

#843 2 years ago

Thats about the same condition my high hand was in when I got it. Still need a replacement playfield.

#844 2 years ago

Plastics are a little warped on the Space Ship I picked up. Hopefully this one goes from mold to gold too. Cool game and rare.

IMG_1656 (resized).JPG

IMG_1659 (resized).JPG

IMG_1657 (resized).JPG

IMG_1665 (resized).JPG

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Plastics are a little warped on the Space Ship I picked up. Hopefully this one goes from mold to gold too. Cool game and rare.

I love that back glass. I would have to restore this as well. I think that play field could really come alive if you wanted to restore it.

You would just have to love the title to go deep on it... like some else said above: "Now I realize you just don't put 80 hours of labor and $1,200 of parts for a $400 game."

Make that decision is just not my strong suit.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What else am I missing?
John

Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man
Space Station

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

What else am I missing?
John

Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man
Space Station

Premier/Gottliebs Genesis

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I took that photo in April. I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

IMGP7819 (resized).JPG

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I took that photo in April. I can't say where it is as its part of a large horde we are trying to do a deal on, here's another taster......

OMG!!! Am I crazy to think that pile would be so fun to go through and organize. I know there's probably a lot of nasty in there too but wow, theres a lot of treasure too.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Come on....just a hint.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 2149 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside