Topic Stats

• 2,153 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by steve-o
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2828 (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpg
supersonic03 (resized).jpg
supersonic02 (resized).jpg
supersonic01 (resized).jpg
71806357 (resized).jpg
3477B480-8381-4F1B-84A4-57D338246FEB (resized).jpeg
E67EA19F-A7D7-4FC5-BF90-0532B0E31CCB (resized).jpeg
471AC0F5-D0DE-4FA8-9084-ECE09DFDE939 (resized).jpeg
28D961B0-20D5-4761-9069-23214480D7C2 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault5 (resized).png
20191109_100211 (resized).jpg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpg
74674984_569795347122934_7144173850555580416_n (resized).jpg
DSC_1720 (resized).JPG
B30505A1-8EE6-474C-AA00-9D985F19F6F8 (resized).jpeg

There are 2153 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 44.
#701 2 years ago

"I'll just call you Cinnamon"

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks like it would taste like cinnamon....or motor oil. Plate cleaned up nicely though, now for the rest of the game.

Yeah I'm not going to taste that stuff lol. Just rip out and replace. Yes the plate came out well, I painted it with Rustoleum satin nickel and will hold up well. The transformer will be a challenge to clean up though.

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yeah I'm not going to taste that stuff lol. Just rip out and replace. Yes the plate came out well, I painted it with Rustoleum satin nickel and will hold up well. The transformer will be a challenge to clean up though.

Funny Vid... and I really didn't expect you to taste it. LOL. Can you use Evaporust on a transformer?

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I have used that satin nickel on some really nasty steppers after an evaporust bath. Really turns out nice

#705 2 years ago

Never tried Evaporust. I'll get me some. I used naval jelly on some tough spots.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Never tried Evaporust. I'll get me some. I used naval jelly on some tough spots.

You will love it, it's amazing stuff!

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You will love it, it's amazing stuff!

Ordered a gallon on Amazon last night.

#708 2 years ago

Love Evaporust. I buy by the gallon from harbor freight. It's so great that it even has its own thread here lol

#709 2 years ago

Argh!!! Otherwise nice Gtb. Frontiersman I brought home from an auction Saturday.

IMG_4677 (resized).JPG

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Argh!!! Otherwise nice Gtb. Frontiersman I brought home from an auction Saturday.

I see the difference in paint tones/fade. What the hell did they have mounted there?

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What the hell did they have mounted there?

Looks like a lightswitch to power on and off the game.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

That would fit the gaping hole in the side and plate would explain the paint preservation under...but I can honestly say I've never seen a pin with an actual lightswitch mounted anywhere.

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That would fit the gaping hole in the side and plate would explain the paint preservation under...but I can honestly say I've never seen a pin with an actual lightswitch mounted anywhere.

Sure, more doorbells than light switches, but you never know what you will find.

You should see the front of my TZ. Not just holes, but someone put a lock that takes those round keys and hooked it up for credits. I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sure, more doorbells than light switches, but you never know what you will find.
You should see the front of my TZ. Not just holes, but someone put a lock that takes those round keys and hooked it up for credits. I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

I've definitely seen a fair share of doorbells and odd "credit buttons." Had to remove one from my old GTB Spidey. The key for credits on your TZ just sounds funky....nothing that people do ever surprises me anymore. But a full size light switch tunneled through the side of a game? That is just ridiculous. He should have installed another service outlet through the side while he was at it.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

Yep. I wish he would have at least saved the block of wood! I suppose I can try to trace the hole on another piece of plywood and try to glue it in there.
Hoping the paint is Latex!

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I guess when they wanted free game you put the key in and turned it back and forth.

I've seen that on skee ball machines.

1 week later
#717 2 years ago

My #strikesandspares find laying on its side in a warehouse. Mouse nest and water damage.

14866503677891958962354 (resized).jpg

20170314_164218 (resized).jpg

#718 2 years ago

IMG_8018 (resized).JPG
IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
IMG_8060 (resized).JPG

IMG_7973 (resized).JPG

IMG_7977 (resized).JPG

IMG_8065 (resized).JPG

IMG_7978 (resized).JPG

#719 2 years ago

What game is that above? Looks like a classic Stern.

#720 2 years ago

Stern Dracula

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

What game is that above? Looks like a classic Stern.

Dracula.
And since a vampire rests in soil from his homeland this game very authentic

#722 2 years ago

I think that game would require a respirator to clean up.

#723 2 years ago

So this guy calls me and tells me he has F-14 tomcat and he wants $350 for it. "Great shape" he says. I drive 1.5 hours and when I pull up at his "business" I can see the thing sitting out front. As I walk closer to it. I can see a old harbor freight 6x7 tarp flapping in the breeze of the back of it with a hole that you could have thrown a softball through.

"It's in a bit rougher shape than I remembered", he says.

This machine has clearly been sitting out side for at least a year, the playfield is faded from sun exposure. Mud dauber nests in the back box. I was pissed at driving over an hour for this mess. I told him bluntly... "I will do you a favor and haul it away and not charge you a cent." I ended up giving him $75 (it was worth that in parts to me, all the boards were there.)

My pinball dolly nearly crushed the bottom of the cabinet because it was totally waterlogged (adding about 50lbs of weight). When I got home, I disassembled it in my truck and left the cabinet mess on the curb.

And here is the damnedest thing. This building was practically empty... PLENTY of room to store it inside out of the elements; he would have to only move the machine 20 feet and I would have then happily paid him his $350.

IMG_4913 (resized).jpg
IMG_4915 (resized).jpg
IMG_4926 (resized).jpg
IMG_49164 (resized).jpg
IMG_4924 (resized).jpg

#724 2 years ago

And the funniest part was when I walked up the first thing he said was "Hang on a minute I'll see if I can find an extension cord."

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

And the funniest part was when I walked up the first thing he said was "Hang on a minute I'll see if I can find an extension cord."

LOL... well the resulting fire would have at least dried up the wood some.

#726 2 years ago

So this guy calls me and tells me he has F-14 tomcat and he wants $350 for it. "Great shape" he says. I drive 1.5 hours and when I pull up at his "business" I can see the thing sitting out front. As I walk closer to it. I can see a old harbor freight 6x7 tarp flapping in the breeze of the back of it with a hole that you could have thrown a softball through.
"It's in a bit rougher shape than I remembered", he says.
This machine has clearly been sitting out side for at least a year, the playfield is faded from sun exposure. Mud dauber nests in the back box. I was pissed at driving over an hour for this mess. I told him bluntly... "I will do you a favor and haul it away and not charge you a cent." I ended up giving him $75 (it was worth that in parts to me, all the boards were there.)
My pinball dolly nearly crushed the bottom of the cabinet because it was totally waterlogged (adding about 50lbs of weight). When I got home, I disassembled it in my truck and left the cabinet mess on the curb.
And here is the damnedest thing. This building was practically empty... PLENTY of room to store it inside out of the elements; he would have to only move the machine 20 feet and I would have then happily paid him his $350.

Ugh, what a shame. At least you got something useful out of it.

#727 2 years ago

This machine has clearly been sitting out side for at least a year, the playfield is faded from sun exposure. Mud dauber nests in the back box. I was pissed at driving over an hour for this mess.

Holy crap...that Tomcat was clearly on the losing end of that dogfight. Definitely a shame. Talk to me Goose...

#728 2 years ago

How

Screenshot_20170709-153851 (resized).png

#729 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Pinball, looking like a miniature of the park

jurassic-park-pinball-looking-like-a-miniature-of-the-park (resized).jpg

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Not the worst but this is an EBD project that I picked up recently. The dirtiest Bally game I have purchased so far. I'm going to restore it but took some before pics while removing the transformer assembly. The last pic is the plate after I bead blasted it.

My next 2 EBD projects. Both chipped on the same corner like they were separated at birth. The one on the left is the one I posted pics of earlier.

P7090313 (resized).JPG

#731 2 years ago

This playfield was described as "wonderful and vibrant". What a joke!

IMG_0264 (resized).PNG

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

wow, never seen a meteor with that "alternate" artwork! lol

#733 2 years ago

Looks like it has the rare prototype matching flippers too!

#734 2 years ago

Looks like a Williams Hot Line with a Showboat glass in it.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

LOL. the card on the apron says "Pinball Rescue".

#736 2 years ago

A fish tales dropped off at my shop to get cleaned up and working!!

IMG_7914 (resized).JPG

IMG_8018 (resized).JPG

IMG_8019 (resized).JPG

IMG_8020 (resized).JPG

IMG_8021 (resized).JPG

IMG_8022 (resized).JPG

#737 2 years ago

poor fish tales been played and rigged to death!

#738 2 years ago

Good thing you took "before" pictures, so that things don't get twisted around later as to what condition it was actually in upon you receiving it. True pinball horror pics.

#739 2 years ago

Must be a sample game.what a score.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

A fish tales dropped off at my shop to get cleaned up and working!!

What happened to that shooter lane?
Put grease in the trough?

#741 2 years ago

A clown in Metallica? The horror!

b685cd2ccd0b4fc994690b56eb7afd73f4d6dcad (resized).jpg

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What happened to that shooter lane?
Put grease in the trough?

Who the hell knows! It is broken clean through. Going to be a chore to get it patched up and functioning again!
The little piece is cardboard someone glued in there to help at some point...lol

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Who the hell knows! It is broken clean through. Going to be a chore to get it patched up and functioning again!
The little piece is cardboard someone glued in there to help at some point...lol

Luckily that wasn't listed on here for sale as HUO.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

LOL. the card on the apron says "Pinball Rescue".

That game is in Australia.
I was asked to "have a look at fixing this " , no thanks , I heard its sat in a shed for 18 years , Probably with battery leaking still ,
As you all should know it takes hours and hours to get a machine working, that's in such bad shape.
It would at least need a new or rebuilt mpu and power supply

It might have new 'pinball Rescue' plastics and they would be the best thing on it .
No offence to Pinball Rescue as they make quality Plastic sets etc .
Looks like they painted planets near the out lanes too

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

I was asked to "have a look at fixing this " , no thanks , I heard its sat in a shed for 18 years , Probably with battery leaking still ,
As you all should know it takes hours and hours to get a machine working, that's in such bad shape.
It might have new 'pinball Rescue' plastics and they would be the best thing on it .

It is on eBay au at the moment, with what I believe is obviously dodgy bidding or someone is really desperate, its sitting on AU $1,172.74 Time left: 3d 02h all except one bidder is 100% with the seller.

#746 2 years ago

DO NOT BUY THIS PIN OF THIS GUY>> Look up sopranos pin on here . he sold on ebay as well.

#748 2 years ago

Might be a troll...post didn't make sense, no games in collection, just looks like a ghost account since March.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Might be a troll...post didn't make sense, no games in collection, just looks like a ghost account since March.

Not a troll. This seller ( the beautifully restored meteor) has been getting a bit of a reputation. Flipping a lot! But flipping anything. Good bad. Ugly for big $. I don't know what thread he's referring to here. There has been a bit of stuff floating around Facebook about him apparently. I don't know for sure I don't do fb.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

I meant that in an ironic way, because that playfield is beyond a "rescue".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 2153 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside