timmah5.jpg
timmah1.gif
timmah4.jpg
timmah8.jpg
timmah6.jpg
skeeta.gif
silverball_mania.jpg
shaggy1.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago

I'll second Al Warner as being the first in-home arcade invite I got. A couple of years back I remember getting really obsessed with pinball. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but I did. My wife and I drove down to Panama City, FL for a yoga workshop she was doing and I spent my time trying to find a pin on location. I was disappointed to find only 1 - NASCAR. Not being a fan of NASCAR at all, I was disappointed, until I started playing. For less than $3 I played for an easy 90 minutes and had a blast. I didn't know what the knocker sound was for, but heard it a few times and the people at all the cash suckers around me kept giving me and the game strange looks.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I had done some online searching and found quite a collection of collectors/pinheads in the Atlanta area, about an hour and a half away. I hit up Al about an open house he was having and never having met me he said we should come on up. His collection was really impressive, pins, vids, and a super awesome 6 player EM bowler. That was it for me. After that I was hooked.

Really the entire Atlanta community is great, tons of really great collectors, players, and many of the first friends I'd made in ages, mostly because I found something to really share with others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 169.00
$ 179.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-heroes?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.