By Rensh

4 years ago

Stats

• 332 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 332 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 4 years ago

Perhaps i missed something but look what pinball heaven uk announces on their facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pinballheaven

Is states here they take pre-orders on the Hobbit LE for production 2014 !!!

#2 4 years ago

Gotta find room for another pin...!

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Gotta find room for another pin

+1

#4 4 years ago

Shhhhhhh... baby, you had me at Hobbit LE.

#5 4 years ago

I bet Jack's going to be unhappy they scooped him on the announcement.

#6 4 years ago

I'm unhappy that I'll have to sell Rollergames and Space Shuttle to pay for it. =|

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

I bet Jack's going to be unhappy they scooped him on the announcement.

Jack is either going to be pissed or he had them announce it so he didn't take shit for announcing a new game without the first one being out the door.

#8 4 years ago

Jack let the cat out of the bag about the Hobbit being his second pin at last years Texas Pinball Festival during his seminar.

#9 4 years ago

2 years to put money a side for TH, ok i can do that!

#10 4 years ago

Not sure how much of an announcement this is.... Talk of JJP Hobbit was here 8 months ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit

Still a rumor until Jack announces it.

#11 4 years ago

Having never bought a new in box and regret not buying a LOTR, I think I would put out money for the Hobbit.

#12 4 years ago

Seems odd though that the Hobbit would come out before the movies have all been released. The game would be missing big parts of the story. I have my doubts about this (not that JJP doesn't have the license, but that this is JJP2 released next year).

#13 4 years ago

They filmed LOTR all at once but released the movies one year apart. I believe they did the same for Hobbit so it wouldn't be missing anything. Also, 2014 is long enough time to get the other two films out considering the last one will be released July 2014.

#14 4 years ago

What I don't get is how Pinball Heaven could take orders for any LEs before WOZ buyers get a crack at them.

#15 4 years ago

Will wait for the official word.

#16 4 years ago

They probably ordered le's from woz and have rights to them plus others that won't be claimed. Better hurry to grab an le or you may have to try and pick up a woz le just to make sure you get one. I am sure Jack will reward the Hobbit LE's and make them much more special than the differences in the Woz's!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Will wait for the official word.

me too. i thought the word on the street, was another version of pythons pinball circus was the 2nd? personally, i hope it is the hobbit.

#18 4 years ago

I would have been all over this back when I thought Dennis Nordman would be designing JJP #2. Despite the much improved theme choice, I will be sitting on the sidelines until this one is 100% done and shipping before deciding. This would probably cost me being able to get an LE. I am just not a big fan of Balcer's playfield designs. I know a lot of people love his stuff, so no offense intended (to each his own). After playing a ton of WoZ last week, this is just a matter of personal preference now that Joe is confirmed as the designer of this game too.

#19 4 years ago

Hobbit has been a definite for months and months. The main question was whether an unlicensed pin was going to be before or after the Hobbit.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Seems odd though that the Hobbit would come out before the movies have all been released. The game would be missing big parts of the story. I have my doubts about this (not that JJP doesn't have the license, but that this is JJP2 released next year).

Actually, this makes total sense. It's not like there isn't a book for people to look ahead at the spoilers.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Actually, this makes total sense. It's not like there isn't a book for people to look ahead at the spoilers.

But, for example, what will Smaug look like? We won't know that until the second or maybe third movie. I can't see this pin being released without an image or toy of Smaug. The studio might not want an early spoiler via the game's play field.

#22 4 years ago

The pin will be released in 2014 so they will not spoil any of the movie details.

#23 4 years ago

Final movie May 2014 so everything should be in the pin. Final battle etc etc

#24 4 years ago

Jack could have told different stories to different distributors to find any leaks you know...

#25 4 years ago

I think Jack knows exactly what Smaug looks like...he knew many months ago.

#26 4 years ago

what will Smaug look like?

How about hiring an artist to do original artwork based on the book insted of just using clipart from a movie. I think it would be better to base the game off the book rather than the movie.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I would have been all over this back when I thought Dennis Nordman would be designing JJP #2. Despite the much improved theme choice, I will be sitting on the sidelines until this one is 100% done and shipping before deciding. This would probably cost me being able to get an LE. I am just not a big fan of Balcer's playfield designs. I know a lot of people love his stuff, so no offense intended (to each his own). After playing a ton of WoZ last week, this is just a matter of personal preference now that Joe is confirmed as the designer of this game too.

You and me are 100% in agreement here.

#28 4 years ago

time will tell the real truth!!!!
    Just saying
    As The Chicago JJP Distributor

#29 4 years ago

I think JJP already has an artist lined up for this project.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I think JJP already has an artist lined up for this project.

Alan Lee would be awesome!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitz7734:

Alan Lee would be awesome!

Or John Youssi.

#32 4 years ago

I'm really pulling for Jersey Jack. In a couple years with a new great theme and the superior build quality they'll steamroll right over Stern.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kryzsky:

In a couple years with a new great theme and the superior build quality they'll steamroll right over Stern.

You can always give props to JJP without degrading Stern.

Why do people always feel the need to hurt others?

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You can always give props to JJP without degrading Stern.
    Why do people always feel the need to hurt others?

Agreed. This isn't a football game where one loses and the other wins. WE win if both are turning out great games and making money. My WOZ ECLE will go right next to my Stern LOTR. I suspect that they will get along without any bickering.

#35 4 years ago

I don't feel that I am degrading Stern, the build quality of their pins is what it is. If Wizard of Oz holds up on location and in home then it's crazy to think how they'll sell with a much better theme.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Or John Youssi.

along with Pat Lawlor...

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kryzsky:

I don't feel that I am degrading Stern, the build quality of their pins is what it is.

I know you weren't around when Williams were NIB, but Stern's build quality is much better.

There was ALWAYS something wrong with new Williams; wrong coils, dead CPU, shorted wiring, and of course their paper thin plastic ramps.

I won't even go into the Williams games with lack of clear coat, unfinished code, poor plastics that would always break, or all of the spots that would trap the ball.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm unhappy that I'll have to sell Rollergames and Space Shuttle to pay for it. =|

I can take trade ins toward a the new pin. I have accept several for WOZ you could be the first for Peter Jackson new movie pin.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

along with Pat Lawlor...

Not happening...

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I can take trade ins toward a the new pin. I have accept several for WOZ you could be the first for Peter Jackson new movie pin.

Yeah, but you aren't going to give me in trade what I can get for them by selling them outright, I'd bet. Plus shipping, etc.....

And don't forget the likely other 3-4k I'd have to find out of thin air....but at least I'd have 2 years to do it, right?!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I know you weren't around when Williams were NIB, but Stern's build quality is much better.
    There was ALWAYS something wrong with new Williams; wrong coils, dead CPU, shorted wiring, and of course their paper thin plastic ramps.
    I won't even go into the Williams games with lack of clear coat, unfinished code, poor plastics that would always break, or all of the spots that would trap the ball.

I'm 38 years old, I was around and played on location but wasn't buying back then. When I compare build quality the first thing that comes to mind is the quality/thickness of the wood used for playfields, plastic aprons, lack of a real knocker, flourescent lights in the back box etc. Hey, I recognize that Stern had to cut costs and cut corners to stay alive.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Sounds like a great deal Frax; you know you need the "Peter Jackson new movie pin"! Nice careful wording there Doughslingers.

Frax, remember that you'll have almost a year and a half to to raise the coin. Although the trade option sounds really interesting.

#43 4 years ago

"Peter Jackson new movie pin"!

Maybe he'll do Meet the Feebles part 2 and thats the pin jjp is making .

#44 4 years ago

NSIDE ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR NEXT GAME:

Now that we have produced a game, the natural question we keep being asked is what game is next. I wanted to hold off on talking about the next game until we had real first game - WOZ, which we certainly have. At IAAPA we told some customers that our next game will be The Hobbit Pinball Machine and the excitement was off the charts. International distributors expressed a strong interest and some made place-holder orders on the spot.

With that, we are now accepting pre-orders for the Limited Edition version. The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.

The game will be a full-featured wide body with the "bells and whistles" you have come to expect from a JJP game. Keith will be programming the game as he did with LOTR Pinball as well. More details will follow with the public announcement in a few weeks but it will not disappoint!

As a buyer of ECLEWOZ you now have the opportunity to reserve your same game number(s) as you have now for The Hobbit LE Pinball which will have 1,000 Limited Edition games as before but we added 500 games for the European market. (game numbers 1001-1500). The price for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball is $7,500 on a Pre-Order basis and we have a payment plan that spans until mid 2014 as the game ships. We need to start this now to ride the wave of publicity for the first Hobbit movie which opens in a few weeks on December 14th and in order to give everyone enough time with the payment plan.

The Payment Schedule is as follows:

$500 - NOW

$1000 February 15, 2013 - (Price changes to $8000.00)

$1500 May 15, 2013

$1500 September 15, 2013

$1000 January 15, 2014

$1000 April 15, 2014

$1000 July 15, 2014 – Delivery

The price will change on Feb 15th 2013 if LE’s are still available to $8,000.00. We expect The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine to sell out completely in less time than ECLEWOZ sold out! After all, everyone can now see the type of quality games we are building and our second game will move along much faster than our first game did and we must ship this game as the third movie hits the theaters!

A refundable deposit of $500 placed by December 15, 2012 will secure your Hobbit LE Pinball with the same game number you have now for your ECLEWOZ. Any order paid in full will have their freight charges (up to $400) paid by JJP.

Only paid in full buyers of ECLEWOZ will be able to reserve The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machines at this time.

We have a huge interest from selected distributors we discussed this with at IAAPA to get The Hobbit LE Pinball and certain game numbers. Some of them missed out on ECLEWOZ and don't want to miss this one too. That's why we have this time frame to help you decide before releasing unreserved game numbers to other buyers after December 15, 2012.

This is not a public announcement or press release but rather a courtesy offer to you as a valued and loyal JJP buyer. We will not take orders from the public until all current JJP buyers have had an opportunity to decide on The Hobbit LE Pinball as those people would be asking for game numbers from current JJP buyers and that would not be fair to you. JJP and WOZ Pinball would not be possible without you and we appreciate your loyalty and patience as we created a real pinball manufacturing company!

Remember also that some people did not order ECLEWOZ and are waiting for the long rumored public announcement of The Hobbit Pinball Machine from us to place their orders.

If you would like to place your Pre Order for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine, just e mailJen@JerseyJackPinball.com or Katie@JerseyJackPinball.com and they will take your order. You can also call them at (732) 364-9900 ext 203 (Jen) ext 202 (Katie) or call me directly toll free at (800) 473-5225 if you need additional information.

It's a very, very exciting time for all of us at JJP and for Pinball. We are thankful that you had the confidence and belief in our Team to create a wonderful game for you with The Wizard of Oz Pinball. There is so much more to come and soon!

Jack Guarnieri
    President & CEO
    Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.

#45 4 years ago

Sweet! I sent my email already

#46 4 years ago

Hmm I kinda really want this...but man that's a long ways away haha

Was also hoping it wasn't a widebody again...

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Hmm I kinda really want this...but man that's a long ways away haha
    Was also hoping it wasn't a widebody again...

Takes up a couple of very valuable inces of real estate...yikes

#48 4 years ago

Count me in as glad to hear it is a wide body. You need room to pack all those features in. I'll be reserving #825 in the morning. It will go right next to WOZ ECLE #825.

Will we call it TH, or is that already taken?

#49 4 years ago

Got to be in before Feb 15th to not hit the 8k - not much time to decide!

#50 4 years ago

It's not the space at all, it's the way widebodies play compared to normal size :/ I still want it though haha...hopefully more focused on ramps and better layout, not focused on mini playfields..let the neverending hobbit talk begin hahahaha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 32.00
    $ 87.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 859.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 239.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 49.95
    $ 14.95
    There are 332 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,672 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.