Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Fulltilt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140913_172427.jpg
    20140916_195508.jpg
    20140913_172402.jpg
    IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I have to post a big thanks to Buddy for hosting a terrific time at the fabulous Central Drive-In pinball fantasy land. What a great host to open up his incredible collection to the local pinball pin-heads. My only regret is that I wish I had been able to get there earlier and stay a lot later!

Thanks Buddy, it was GREAT!!

With Buddy's permission I wanted to share some pics.

IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPGIMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPGIMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPGIMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPGIMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPGIMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPGIMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPGIMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPGIMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPGIMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPGIMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPGIMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPGIMG_0307.JPG

#2 9 years ago

A little more fun....

IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPGIMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPGIMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPGIMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPGIMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPGIMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPGIMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPGIMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPGIMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPGIMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPGIMG_0329.JPG

#3 9 years ago

Awesome collection!!!

#4 9 years ago

Incredible. What a fabulous collection and to share it with others....awesome. Love the drive in too. I need to relocate.

#5 9 years ago

Buddy is a great guy. Always a pleasure when I get to see him.

#6 9 years ago

Wow, I googled the location and these are uhhhhhh, not exactly easily accessible to the general population which is a nice way to say "in the middle of nowhere." An incredibly beautiful nowhere but oh well. Best wishes to Buddy in this endeavor and if I ever go to another Kingsport auction I'll leave early and try to check this out.

Just to verify, this is in Norton, VA correct?

#7 9 years ago

Me: "Ok family, the movie is getting ready to start. I'm going to go in to get some popcorn "
    two hours later....
    Family: "What's taking Daddy so long to get popcorn"

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from sandersj:

Just to verify, this is in Norton, VA correct?

Yes, just outside Norton, VA. About an hour from Kingsport. Beautiful drive up into the SW VA mountains. Buddy has the drive-in open till Dec 1st so lots of time to make the drive and catch a movie.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Me: "Ok family, the movie is getting ready to start. I'm going to go in to get some popcorn "
    two hours later....
    Family: "What's taking Daddy so long to get popcorn"

Me: "ok family, here's a roll of quarters. Me and mom will stay in the car "
    Two hours later....
    Family: "why are the car windows fogged up"

1 week later
    #10 9 years ago

Hi Don
    Thanks for the great pictures! I have enjoyed out deals since you came and picked up Gyruss from the old cinema way back in 04 or 05 maybe even earlier. Oddly the hardest game I sold you was Carnevil and I was so glad to get that one back. I moved it back to the cinema so this Halloween season kids will still be enjoying it. I got a few pictures of the gang and will post them up.

I found a pin I have wanted since 1994 today so I am gonna have to sell something else get the funds. I lost out at the very end at the Brady open house to Mindboggle arcade chain for TAFG pin they were giving away. Next ticket number. I think I may have it now and of course its only double the original list price. Blair at Brady would never sell it to me even after offering 6500 then unheard of number for 1995. My salesperson was on break that week and never told me so I didnt know and when I did Brady sold all their allocation but the one being given away from Brady's 50th anniversary and Blair Norris 45. Good times so I would like to get that Addams Family Gold in their honor. Better late than never!

I am glad almost everyone could come out. I was hoping for a few more but maybe next time.

#11 9 years ago

I am thinking of selling some or all of these older pins, many of the pics are in this thread.
    Comet Nice overall condition 1200
    High Speed good playfield 1200
    Space Shuttle new CPR playfield installed and new space shuttle and plastics 2300
    Viper Its been here a season and has earned ok but I feel I am hurting my crowd with the fake boobies so it should go. Not exactly cheap as I paid 1800 and need that or I can find another place to move it. I have a incredible pitch and bat restore in the house with all new chrome with base runners. I would take 2500 for it but you must help me move it on your end as it was heavier than a bingo pin.

Now for newer ones
    A JJP Hobbit LE just one for 7500 with check being made to JJP as I have a customer who needs out. You will save 500 dollars at not be at the end of the line. My customers have gotten pins much earlier than some others.
    Maybe Taylor in VA nice Whitewater restored with blue DMD this was an expensive restore and purchase but it looks fantastic 7500
    A very nice non faded Fishtales from Pinlawyer with color DMD 3500 and nice clearcoated playfield.
    Batman The Dark Knight Great pin picked up from Drew at the GPS store now just over 3 years ago. Its time it could go but I added sub and speaker kit and shaker so I like 4500
    Another pin that could be moved is POTC with McKee topper. I enjoy this pin alot but I know I would the other even more so something has got to go, either POTC or TDK.

Last one Tron LE with every mod I can think of 11k I really like the new modded pro I picked up from California this Summer. I could never route the LE but I did move Skins Tron to route and it pops but still just out earns Freddie K. by 10 to 12 dollars. Go figure.

I am trying to decide which way to go York or Expo at present I am leaning York so I can go to JJP and pick up more WOZ pins which can also be sold.

Thanks for looking
    Buddy 276-679-7779
    Ebay and Pinside ID Doughslingers
    In real life a 300 pound balding man with wide noise.

#12 9 years ago

Here is some of the group that came. My wife and I were very pleased. Wish those NC fellows would pitch in and drop by and try.

20140913_172402.jpg20140913_172402.jpg
    #13 9 years ago

Another couple of pics, one with Ron's wife and my son and one of his friends.

20140916_195508.jpg20140916_195508.jpg 20140913_172427.jpg20140913_172427.jpg
    #14 9 years ago

I am trying to decide which way to go York or Expo at present I am leaning York so I can go to JJP and pick up more WOZ pins which can also be sold.

Buddy, you're not going to Expo?

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

In real life a 300 pound balding man with wide noise.

Buddy... there is more than one of us in that photo that could loose a few pounds.

GREAT pins listed for sale... all are spectacular to play. (That White Water is real special now that I have my initials on there...)

#16 9 years ago

I am thinking of selling some or all of these older pins, many of the pics are in this thread.

So why don't you just go ahead and sell me that Tales From the Crypt.... please...

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Buddy, you're not going to Expo?

If I can pick up the Avatar LE I am going to Expo as I have missed the one I had before

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

So why don't you just go ahead and sell me that Tales from the Crypt.... please...

First open to get it back?

#19 9 years ago

And now.............On with the Show! great pics! Great Drive-In! You can really say "lets all go to the lobby and get yourself a treat!"

#20 9 years ago

First open to get it back?

As always! Ohh, I'm feeling it already..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-heaven-at-central-drive-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.