download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I hate it when people hoard games and never play them - the worst is when someone refuses to take a game out of the box, or even open the top of the box, because it will "destroy the value", so they just keep it packed up for 15 years. There could be a load of bricks in there for all they know.
I hate those stupid-looking flipper caps.
I hate when people claim that the remakes are inferior to the originals. They're just angry that their fair-condition original isn't worth $8k anymore to some sucker with more money than brains.
I hate the perfectionists and sticklers in this hobby, and this extends to any hobby. The ones who get all pissy if you put a smudge on the glass or who whine about a NIB game having a minor cosmetic defect, like tiny black spots in the playfield silkscreen.
I hate when remake club threads are filled with people whining about their game being delayed, or when they're filled with people posting pictures of their ridiculous custom toppers or little toys and trinkets they bought to go with the game.
I feel much better. Thanks OP!

It wasn't the idea of the remakes that came out that hurt and depreciated my pin(s) like MM, AFM and MB. It's the idea that some snob had to make a smart ass comment about it was funny that I "blew" that kind of money on the pin and know it's worth nothing since the release of the originals. Heck, hang around the stock market exchange and make fun of the people who lost their investment and retirements on the market.

I still have my originals and I love them just as much as I would if they were remakes. I still think the remakes hurt the collectors market. That being said, I hate when people say "I buy the pins to enjoy them, not as an investment". I do too and when I normally sell a pin I usually take a loss, but to say to yourself that you're not happy for at least breaking even or making a profit on selling a pin doesn't put a warm glow in your heart, then you're just lying.

In closing, I hate selling pins. My pet peeve is when I sell a pin to a buddy because they said they love it and needed to have it, then it ends up they sold it the next week because they probably knew the price I gave them was so cheap they know they could make a profit selling it to someone else.

Oh, I still LOVE my Alien pin. If I was interested in it just an as investment, then I would have sold it by now. Having way too much fun with it and I don't see myself selling it. Flame suit on!

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The retaliation that you are preparing for is not likely to happen in this thread.
Remakes are just that, remakes. They are distinct and different from the original machines. In some ways, they are targeting the new buyer/new operator and not so much the old timer pinball collector. I realize there are those that think the "improvements" add to the game and some of those buyers certainly could be "collectors".
If you sell a pin to buddy for a buddy price, that's your choice. If you sell a pin to a buddy for a non buddy price, that's your choice as well.

No hate Brutha

I guess I'm saying I hate myself when I put too much trust in my pinball buddies. No hard feelings, just once bitten, twice shy.

One other thing. When I bought the FAB 3 mentioned above I bought them because I loved the toys, playfield and theme. At the time I had no idea that MM would be worth more than say Last Action Hero, I just loved the pin. I think I paid 8000 for MM, 6000 for AFM and 6500 for MB, give or take a few bucks. So I practically paid what pinballers are paying for their remakes now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.