download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 5 years ago

I hate fake knockers. They sound like garbage.
A really good knocker when you get the replay, that sound is so great to hear. It used to startle me, and if I am lucky sometimes it still does. But,man o' man when I hear that knocker go off, I know I've done good.
But, the digital knocker sound. Ohhh...It just sounds unnatural and sad. It lacks oomph...

Oh... Two more hates.
I bought a monster bash Le...The original I'm pretty sure had a real knocker... So don't know why I have a digital one.I HATE THAT.
And I hate that I didn't get spare plastic set. WTF... You'd think with what I paid they could print out another set as its only a few bucks for them.
CHEAP. and I hate it when companies are CHEAP!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I have 2 pinball hates.
Any machine with the word Gottlieb on it (or god forbid, even worse "Premier")
Or with the word Zaccaria printed on it's unholy, unfun, slow playing shell.

I think you left out worst sound ever on Zaccaria... Even if the game shoots good and has a cool theme and layout. Its unplayable due to the god awful noise(cos you can't call it music) and the even worse sound effects. They have to have the worst music and sound effects ever!!!
Just skin crawling, nails on a chalkboard bad... Heck, nails on a chalkboard might be an improvement.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I hate the way the darn songs start over in AC/DC on every drain. This just feels like lazy coding to me. The game would be so much better if the song continued to play, but the last balls progress was reset or whatever. Just lazy crap coding and I hate it.... still have and like the game in general.

Or how about. When you finally do get a good ball and you can finally start to hear the rest of the song. You're rocking out feeling good. And then you completed the song's shots and unlocked the Jukebox, and then made the jukebox... And you got to change the SONG!!!!!

I think its a really good pin. Love the Luci version of it... Hope to own one. But, I agree how they handled the music was garbage. When I first started seeing Maiden gameplay. At first I hated that songs started with modes... But, I think they used the songs better in Maiden then AC DC.

#219 5 years ago

I hate not having a large enough house. I'm almost out of space for my pins. I think I can put 3 more in... 2 more easy... But, what I really hate also is I have no room to refurbish or really work on any. Got to move them to my brothers basement and thats a lot of work in and of itself.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ok...fine.
You can keep them at my house...

You're a bit far away. But, thanks for the offer.

1 week later
#258 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I hate getting going to a location and finding a bunch of games that are dirty, sticky, grimy pieces of shit because the operator is a lazy bastard who cannot take 15 minutes to clean and wax a game every 6 months. I hate that I then play them and get pissed about it.
Also- dialed in, WTF- theme is nightmarish, please discuss (haters only).
I hate that I can tell if its a Stern game from 50 ft away. Why are they somehow always the same.

I once drove over an hour to such a place. He had 10 pins or maybe 12. But, out of that number 1/3 were completely unplayable. Then I get reprimanded for lightly slapping the cab to save an outlane drain. I was speechless. I was like, you're not joking. I'm not going to break your machine. I drove here from a long ways away, and I brought a friend. I might consider a somewhat monthly or bi-monthly trip, but not with how you are treating me.
And not with the shape of these pins.

Also, I HATED the fact that I had to get him for every stuck ball. Let me nudge the machine man, it'll unstick it most of the time. I won't break your pins, I'll treat them just as good as I treat my home pins, and that is really nice. But, alas... Nope, got reprimanded for that too.

And then he did a dog and pony show when I told him about the pins that weren't playable. He gave me BS about not being able to play them everyday... True, but not all these issues just happened. And there was evidence of such. He taped over a game with a right upper flipper. Just took the flipper out and taped over the playfield... Rendering the game unplayable, cos you need to hit that ramp shot to advance the modes...

I love the pinball hobby and retrocades.... But, I hate places run like what I wrote above. Just hate them. And I will never give that place another cent.
Especially since the owner was rude to me, and treated me like a child for not reading his RULES... Yeah, dude cos everyone reads rules, cos they're so much fun... I told him... Hey, no one was here when I came in. You had time to give me the run down. But, regardless his rules were bs, and I really made me feel like I was one egg shells the whole time. I do not beat machines up. I treat them nicely and with respect. But, that didn't prevent him from going rule nazi on me.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Beat on it, I don’t care, tilt the sucker while your at it. But please, drop another quarter or buck in the coin box. If he don’t like me beating on it, set the tilt tighter. Dont piss and moan if I tilt it to shake a ball loose because your butt is glued to your chair. You don’t want my money, I will gladly leave. I don’t like OCD owners looking to see that I didn’t slap save a fingernail scratch into their “precious”... this goes for huo guys too. Don’t drop kick your machine in a tournament and get pissed when I just knock a little dust off the top of the back box with a triple tilt...

It was a paid admission free play setup. So, he claimed that because of this you have to be extra gentle with the games. I say bullocks to that. But, also at a dollar per play I have played 8-10 hours of pinball with a friend for around 30-40 dollars. Granted that's head to head play with a lunch in-between.
And most places are around 20-25 dollars for the admission charge... Seems to me I'm paying really close to the same amount for a whole days worth of pinball. And mind you. If I was a better player. The cost for a full day per game. Would be probably half, because I would have gotten more free games.
So if anything the owner was mistaken. He probably makes more charging admission then free play.
What was also funny is his rules contradicted themselves.
He didn't want any nudging or titling. But, he had a rule that stated you could not sit at a stool and play pinball... Ummm... If you're sitting at a stool there is no way in he## you will be able to tilt or nudge. So, that is actually what you want them to be doing...

And while I am only 1 person(2 if you count my friend and he will never go back there either), I have never ever recommended that place to any pinhead I have ever talked to. And I always recommend Chicago St. Pinball in Joliet, and I also love talking about Galloping Ghost. Side note... Haven't been there since they opened the pinball place. Plan to really soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.