download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

Will all the love swirling around for titles that you can't stand to piss on, post in here the games you hate and why.

I will get us started with Jurassic Park. What a piece of absolute crap. Toy dinosaur eats a pinball. May be cool enough to entertain kids but I'm an adult pinball player. That's not all... The sounds in the game are so atrocious. Skill shot is bad, smart missile tries to make bad players feel better. Data East at it's worst. Ok, now I feel a little better.

Xenon. Wow, the artwork is good but that's where the good shit ends on this title.

Stern Harley Davidson. Nothing good about this machine. Nothing.

Bally Lost World. Not-good-at-all.

What other games am I missing?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Stern Harley Davidson. Nothing good about this machine. Nothing.

Damn, someone doesn't like "Born to be Wild?"

#3 5 years ago

LOL, ok-ok-ok but stay on topic. Just like in "clubs" no rebuttals in here, only hate allowed.

#4 5 years ago

For some reason I hate WCS probably don't like the theme or maybe the mascot. Maybe because everyone loves it. I just don't know why I hate it.

#5 5 years ago

I can’t complain, but sometimes I still do.

#6 5 years ago

WCS - Well, pinball lovers and sports don't seem to mesh together that well. Maybe that's it.

I thought of another bad one... SWE1. Damn is it not good.

#7 5 years ago

SW1 only because jar jar was on it.

#8 5 years ago

Roadshow - Jackbot. Lets start with RS, i hate how you trudge through the game exactly the same way every time you push the start button, music is really bad and annoying after the excitement of owning it wares off; which was about a month or two - i just dont get the theme ! ruleset is sooo boring. Trying to incorporate FH into its theme = massive fail.

Jackbot - I really dont remember too much about this one, probably because it only lasted a few weeks ? a few weeks too long !

#9 5 years ago
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpegBC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

FRIDAY!!!!!!

#11 5 years ago

I F’ing hate TSPP. Too much repetition in the callouts. EMs have more variety in sounds than that damn game.

I also never want to even see a WOZ ever again, let alone play one.

#12 5 years ago

Yeah, those games that are set up to never be beaten are only popular with some people. I really don’t believe those two titles could stand on their own if they did not have that ultimate quest feel. I thought TSPP was definitely repetitious but that’s not the only reason I let it go after 5 years. Doesn’t matter how you slice it, for me TSPP hurry ups are way to prevelant and overshadow the truly great things in that game.

#13 5 years ago

I can't stand Iron Maiden. Just shoot at the center ramp over and over. If you miss you'll hit the drops or the captive ball. Do it enough and you can have 2-4 multiballs and 3 modes. Modes are randomly selected but you want different ones depending on situation, so you just get screwed all the time.

LotR you just start the Ent mode and then backhand the tower shot until you've got all your MBs lit, then play them all and get stuck destroying the ring.

TSPP is just garage door->TV->couch all day

#14 5 years ago

I agree with a few things there. Randomness is generally not well received by most competitive players. If there was a way to start a specific mode on purpose in Maiden, I think that would make it a better game overall.

#15 5 years ago

STTNG. I had one, and it was the most expensive one I had owned since I started collecting up to that point, and I was excited to get it. It worked at first, I started to understand the rules and enjoy it, then one thing broke, fixed that, and then another thing broke, etc., etc. I know it's a cliché to say it's a hard game to keep running correctly, but that was definitely true in my case. For the almost year I owned it, it was broken more often than not.

I sold it with zero regrets and don't even play it when I see it at shows now.

HTFG.

#16 5 years ago

Sttng does have a lot going on. Ops hated it back in the day and ops hate it now. I see them on location once in a while but you really need to treat that game with bulletproofing in mind, if you decide to route it OR own it. If you expect that going in and don’t mind working on games yourself, it probably won’t bother you as much.

#17 5 years ago

What about South Park? I always thought that game was designed bad on purpose.

#18 5 years ago

Is this club for all eras of pinball or just solid state?

#19 5 years ago

Another vote for WCS. And I don't even know why I hate it, pretty sure I should like it. But for me, it's fit for the pit.

Black Knight. Pretty sure I had the nicest one in the whole country. But I didn't dig it. It was just monotonous. Which is not really "hate" I guess, it's just "not like".

Not much other hate. Most games are pretty awesome, even the ones that take crap from a lot of people.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

What about South Park? I always that game was designed bad on purpose.

I pretty much hate all games that have toilets on them. South Park and Junkyard for sure. I feel like there’s another piece of crap pin with a toilet that I hate but it slips my mind.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

LOL, ok-ok-ok but stay on topic. Just like in "clubs" no rebuttals in here, only hate allowed.

Says who?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I pretty much hate all games that have toilets on them. South Park and Junkyard for sure. I feel like there’s another piece of crap pin with a toilet that I hate but it slips my mind.

Austin Powers?

#23 5 years ago

Any Stern after SW, with the exception of Munsters, sucks big ball to me.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Sttng does have a lot going on. Ops hated it back in the day and ops hate it now. I see them on location once in a while but you really need to treat that game with bulletproofing in mind, if you decide to route it OR own it. If you expect that going in and don’t mind working on games yourself, it probably won’t bother you as much.

No rebuttals!!!

I fucking hate Tommy. Can't say that I've hated any other game like that.

#25 5 years ago

GOTG is absolutely terrible. I don't understand how anyone can like the game. The code is so garbage with the movie clips playing with fake actors voices. Then if you don't finish the completely bland mode of shoot the lit shot, music plays and then the movie clips just play over again when you restart the mode. The game has zero character. It is absolute dogshit. I owned it for 2 weeks I think and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Man I hate that game. What a complete waste.

It makes me cringe everytime I see someone post how great it is. At least i know who doesn't have taste.

#26 5 years ago

I have a hate list, It's not really that I hate them it's more that they hate me !
Houdini goes first, surely the one game I really wanted to like but that keeps nagging me with "You suck at pinball"
BOP comes second, mostly because I can't look at her face without thinking of a blow up doll, and frankly the thought is quite disturbing.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

GOTG is absolutely terrible. I don't understand how anyone can like the game. The code is so garbage with the movie clips playing with fake actors voices. Then if you don't finish the completely bland mode of shoot the lit shot, music plays and then the movie clips just play over again when you restart the mode. The game has zero character. It is absolute dogshit. I owned it for 2 weeks I think and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Man I hate that game. What a complete waste.
It makes me cringe everytime I see someone post how great it is. At least i know who doesn't have taste.

So what you're saying is you didnt like how they combined Metallica and Iron Man, and then rethemed it to GotG?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I agree with a few things there. Randomness is generally not well received by most competitive players. If there was a way to start a specific mode on purpose in Maiden, I think that would make it a better game overall.

Quoted from zacaj:

I can't stand Iron Maiden. Just shoot at the center ramp over and over. If you miss you'll hit the drops or the captive ball. Do it enough and you can have 2-4 multiballs and 3 modes. Modes are randomly selected but you want different ones depending on situation, so you just get screwed all the time.
LotR you just start the Ent mode and then backhand the tower shot until you've got all your MBs lit, then play them all and get stuck destroying the ring.
TSPP is just garage door->TV->couch all day

on iron maiden the mode is the same at the start of the game but you can change it if you hit the left spinner

#29 5 years ago

I know many people who love #F-14 Tomcat. I have tried multiple times to enjoy it, and it's absolutely beyond me. I'd rather play almost anything else.

#30 5 years ago

Street Fighter II probably tops my list of machines I absolutely can't stand. Speaking about this machine makes me channel Roger Ebert when he was reviewing "North" in that, "it's the most unpleasant, contrived, artificial, cloying experiences I've had at" pinball. I hate this game, hate, hate, hate, hate it.

#31 5 years ago

If I hear that hound dog one more time on Elvis i might put a sledge hammer through the back box

#32 5 years ago

Gottlieb timeline.
It was a big wide open wide body with nothing to hit. The sound was as bad as a screaming baby on an airplane. And I could never figure out the point of that freakin tic tac toe thing.
I have had plenty of system 1 thru 80b but I could not wait to sell that one.

#33 5 years ago

Rob zombie..... Jetsons...... Thunderbirds..... Striker xtreame.....no luv for these dogs.....

#34 5 years ago

Games I've played:
Any stern, Freddy crougar, stargate "shoot the sarcofigois".

Games I haven't played and refuse to because fack em:
Simpsons (first one), most gottliebs, any em machine (throw them all off the roof bc they all look like they play the same, are slow and I'd rather drink a bucket of iodine instead of playing those slow ding dong shit boxes). I'm mean fuck, how many titles can you make that are basically the same game rethemed? Oh, this one has three pop bumpers, this one four! Reminds of that iPhone commercial about moving the charge port to the other side of the phone and blowing the fan boys mind.

How's that for hate? Did I do okay?

#35 5 years ago

I hate '79 Bally Star Trek and it's dogshit-quality layout.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Any stern, most gottliebs, any em machine...
How's that for hate? Did I do okay?

...so what do you like?

#37 5 years ago

Anything made by Spooky. That company doesn't know how to make good games at all. They feel like they are made of cardboard, have no real redeeming qualities, and the final straw is the fact the themes suck.

Oh, and all modern Stern games as well. The words cookie cutter come to mind when I think of them. Awful.

#38 5 years ago

I’m the type that loves almost every game, even the shitty ones. Pinball is just great.

So this is from the buying/selling/trading end of things:
I HATE when someone even BEGINS to mention “Williams Fun Fest” to me. For some ungodly reason I’ve had that game offered to me over 5 TIMES in trades or project deals.

I get it, everyone wants to unload that dumpster fire, but I’m not your guy!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

...so what do you like?

90s b/w

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anything made by Spooky. That company doesn't know how to make good games at all. They feel like they are made of cardboard, have no real redeeming qualities, and the final straw is the fact the themes suck.
Oh, and all modern Stern games as well. The words cookie cutter come to mind when I think of them. Awful.

We would get along just fine

#41 5 years ago

Add judge dredd to my list

#42 5 years ago

T2. Hate to play it. It feels like Willy rushed Ritchie through the design so they could have it in time for the movie release. I always want to slap people that praise it. But from an operators standpoint, I love it. It always earned. Even to this day, when we pulled one off route just 4 months ago to sell it, it was still earning.

Black Hole. I hate it because I’m not good at it and it’s an unfair piece of shit but for some reason, every morning when I get to the shop, I play at least one game.

Dirty Harry. People love it and always say “there’s just so much to do” but when I had one, more times than not, I accomplished everything on ball one, and I would seldom finish the game, and just turn it off.

BoP. Just plain boring and overpriced and just as hard as RS or STTNG to keep working right.

WPT. Hardest slow game ever. And the theme is so boring, you can’t ever get any excitement going.

#43 5 years ago

Scared stiff is bad for lots of reasons.

Another vote for SWEP1. Complete garbage.

Rescue 911 makes me hate pinball.

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to finish a game of Bugs Bunny. Plunged off 90% of my balls.

#44 5 years ago

It's not a pinball machine I hate, it's pinball people. All they do whine about pinball things that are esoteric and debatable and cause depression throughout the pinball community for those who like something different than the whiner.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I plunged off 90% of my balls.

#46 5 years ago

Hurricane, I can’t stand the music.

#47 5 years ago

Another for WCS

Fuck that dog, and the color teal, and soccer, and the 90’s, and the cabinet art.

#48 5 years ago

I will start by saying that I am a purist. I can truly find something I like about any pinball...ever.
Having said that...I dont like WCS either. Its lame. I cant stand the theme.

I cant pass judgement on the gameplay, but the theme of dialed in is horrible.

Attack from mars is WAYYYYY overrated. A good game? Yes. Top 3 of all time? Absolutely not.

I find most EMs to be fairly boring. Maybe that isnt saying a lot, but 99% of them put me to sleep.

#49 5 years ago

Sinbad and Mata Hari. I'll give them both the double flipper. OK, just Sinbad.

#50 5 years ago

I love to hate my Dirty Harry, does that count?

The only game I truly intentially stopped playing was Fire. I really tried to get into it but just found it terrible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.