download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

as they all began to start unbuttoning their shirts in unison I ran for my life...

Ok, I like this guy. I can not wait for chapter II of the saga, “Which way did he gOoooo!?”

A partial read from it...

Chad reached around and quickly flipped my ball from over my right shoulder... “Thank you Chad, I would have missed that money shot...” I said in a low voice, while sipping my Zima with my free hand and stroked my flipper with the other...

#252 5 years ago

I hate the Rapid Fire cabinet. What were they thinking???

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I can not wait for chapter II of the saga. A partial read from it:
Chad reached around...

Somehow I just knew this story would include a reach around.

#254 5 years ago

I'm raging full of hate. How I don't implode is a science miracle
1.) I hate aftermarket playfields with the holes drilled wrong, drilled crooked and shitty clear coat that chips and then the manufacturer lays the blame on the installer.
2.) I hate DE games. They just all suck from the unfinished code to crappy sounds system and lame audio clips.
3.) Whirlwind is a yawnfest and WPC is an annoying as hell lame overrated game. (I've owned both)
4.) Hate how prices of pins over the last 5 years have gotten out of control and 20 plus year old games bring as much if not more than new pins.
5.) Excessive fawning over the so called IPDB top 10 games when it's a status thing more than the game actually being that good.
6.) Hating people who hate on games because they feel the rule set is too easy
7.) Hate watching kids abuse machines in local spots
8.) Hate parents that don't reprimand these little bastards for such actions
9.) Hate not being able to afford anything new
10.) Hate the low numbers of women who play pinball and it's more of a sausage fest.
11.) Hate ads where people don't list a price and say contact for details. @ssholes
12.) Hate how much it costs per game to play the new machines.
13.) Hate how it "seems" everytime I play a JJP title it has freaking issues. Anti boner!
14.) Hate feeling like there is no more pinball innovation left out of manufacturers.
15.) Hate that I'm not intelligent enough to come up with the ultimate revolutionary pinball
16.) Strong dislike that I find games without 3 plus flippers some what dull.
17.) Hate that the government doesn't subsidize my dependency on pinball.
18.) I hate when you sell a pin and the ad states "price is firm" and the guy shows up and tries tire kicking you to death.

#255 5 years ago

I appreciate that today's vendors have hundreds of remade parts available to help us fix and restore our machines. I really do. But I hate that often the parts are of a noticeably inferior quality than the originals, or visually different than the originals, or a different size or shape than the originals. Come on guys, it costs just as much to tool or print an incorrect part as it does a correct part. I hate thinking about the number of times in the last few years I've received a much-anticipated parts order only to be thwarted or disappointed by inferior parts.

#256 5 years ago

The only hate I feel is GI color led jobs that look like a care bear orgy happened. Now for pins I dislike..
SWEP1
Iron Maiden v1
Ready Aim Fire
Af Tor
T2
Fire!
Wrestlemania
ID4
Hi Score Pool is more entertaining than these.
AFM is ok but I don't get the hype.

#257 5 years ago

I hate getting going to a location and finding a bunch of games that are dirty, sticky, grimy pieces of shit because the operator is a lazy bastard who cannot take 15 minutes to clean and wax a game every 6 months. I hate that I then play them and get pissed about it.

Also- dialed in, WTF- theme is nightmarish, please discuss (haters only).

I hate that I can tell if its a Stern game from 50 ft away. Why are they somehow always the same.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I hate getting going to a location and finding a bunch of games that are dirty, sticky, grimy pieces of shit because the operator is a lazy bastard who cannot take 15 minutes to clean and wax a game every 6 months. I hate that I then play them and get pissed about it.
Also- dialed in, WTF- theme is nightmarish, please discuss (haters only).
I hate that I can tell if its a Stern game from 50 ft away. Why are they somehow always the same.

I once drove over an hour to such a place. He had 10 pins or maybe 12. But, out of that number 1/3 were completely unplayable. Then I get reprimanded for lightly slapping the cab to save an outlane drain. I was speechless. I was like, you're not joking. I'm not going to break your machine. I drove here from a long ways away, and I brought a friend. I might consider a somewhat monthly or bi-monthly trip, but not with how you are treating me.
And not with the shape of these pins.

Also, I HATED the fact that I had to get him for every stuck ball. Let me nudge the machine man, it'll unstick it most of the time. I won't break your pins, I'll treat them just as good as I treat my home pins, and that is really nice. But, alas... Nope, got reprimanded for that too.

And then he did a dog and pony show when I told him about the pins that weren't playable. He gave me BS about not being able to play them everyday... True, but not all these issues just happened. And there was evidence of such. He taped over a game with a right upper flipper. Just took the flipper out and taped over the playfield... Rendering the game unplayable, cos you need to hit that ramp shot to advance the modes...

I love the pinball hobby and retrocades.... But, I hate places run like what I wrote above. Just hate them. And I will never give that place another cent.
Especially since the owner was rude to me, and treated me like a child for not reading his RULES... Yeah, dude cos everyone reads rules, cos they're so much fun... I told him... Hey, no one was here when I came in. You had time to give me the run down. But, regardless his rules were bs, and I really made me feel like I was one egg shells the whole time. I do not beat machines up. I treat them nicely and with respect. But, that didn't prevent him from going rule nazi on me.

#259 5 years ago

Beat on it, I don’t care, tilt the sucker while your at it. But please, drop another quarter or buck in the coin box. If he don’t like me beating on it, set the tilt tighter. Dont piss and moan if I tilt it to shake a ball loose because your butt is glued to your chair. You don’t want my money, I will gladly leave. I don’t like OCD owners looking to see that I didn’t slap save a fingernail scratch into their “precious”... this goes for huo guys too. Don’t drop kick your machine in a tournament and get pissed when I just knock a little dust off the top of the back box with a triple tilt...

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Beat on it, I don’t care, tilt the sucker while your at it. But please, drop another quarter or buck in the coin box. If he don’t like me beating on it, set the tilt tighter. Dont piss and moan if I tilt it to shake a ball loose because your butt is glued to your chair. You don’t want my money, I will gladly leave. I don’t like OCD owners looking to see that I didn’t slap save a fingernail scratch into their “precious”... this goes for huo guys too. Don’t drop kick your machine in a tournament and get pissed when I just knock a little dust off the top of the back box with a triple tilt...

It was a paid admission free play setup. So, he claimed that because of this you have to be extra gentle with the games. I say bullocks to that. But, also at a dollar per play I have played 8-10 hours of pinball with a friend for around 30-40 dollars. Granted that's head to head play with a lunch in-between.
And most places are around 20-25 dollars for the admission charge... Seems to me I'm paying really close to the same amount for a whole days worth of pinball. And mind you. If I was a better player. The cost for a full day per game. Would be probably half, because I would have gotten more free games.
So if anything the owner was mistaken. He probably makes more charging admission then free play.
What was also funny is his rules contradicted themselves.
He didn't want any nudging or titling. But, he had a rule that stated you could not sit at a stool and play pinball... Ummm... If you're sitting at a stool there is no way in he## you will be able to tilt or nudge. So, that is actually what you want them to be doing...

And while I am only 1 person(2 if you count my friend and he will never go back there either), I have never ever recommended that place to any pinhead I have ever talked to. And I always recommend Chicago St. Pinball in Joliet, and I also love talking about Galloping Ghost. Side note... Haven't been there since they opened the pinball place. Plan to really soon.

#261 5 years ago

I hate Big Guns and I..I..I Don't Like Talking Chairs

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I also hate when the games then don't have a Op number to call to tell them their games are shit.

#263 5 years ago

single bulb back box

#264 5 years ago

I hate that people will pass on playing The Shadow just because they are afraid of a little baldwin staring back down at them.
You know what? You don't deserve to know how good a game it is!

#265 5 years ago

I hate that no one wants to buy my Dirty Harry

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I hate that people will pass on playing The Shadow just because they are afraid of a little baldwin staring back down at them.
You know what? You don't deserve to know how good a game it is!

Lol, you must have a man crush on him.

#267 5 years ago

I hate the backglass for Baywatch, but hate myself more because I don't have the guts to buy the nude Pamela backglass because my wife does occasionally venture into my game room.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Im looking for a dirty harry, but im in Texas

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

It might help if you resided in a known city.

1 week later
#270 5 years ago

I hate that I hated on Wonka.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I hate Willy Wonka.

I'm okay with JJP making a Wonka pin, but only because it doesn't interest me. Since I'm pretty sure my wife will not allow me to ever purchase another pin, I'm hoping none of the manufacturers makes something that I really, really want.

#272 5 years ago

I hate 3K Fastbreaks and 3K RBIONs for opposing reasons.

#273 5 years ago

Finally played a BBBB at MGC, that has to be one of the worst designs ever. Almost no shots and nearly impossible to lose your ball. Tragic abuse of a classic theme...

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Finally played a BBBB at MGC, that has to be one of the worst designs ever. Almost no shots and nearly impossible to lose your ball. Tragic abuse of a classic theme...

I've been to lots and lots of locations, big shows, and museums, and have never seen a BBBB in person. Did they mostly die in a fire?

#275 5 years ago

Stern. No exclamation needed.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I've been to lots and lots of locations, big shows, and museums, and have never seen a BBBB in person. Did they mostly die in a fire?

idk where you are but theres one that sometimes shows up in the pinball room at a local arcade where i live, geeksmania. i played a game or two on it once and it was very unmemorable and bland, i forgot about it quickly and moved on to another game, probably roadshow

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

They have one at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas (or at least they did when I was there about a year ago).

#278 5 years ago

I hate that my buddy, who came over last night for a few beers n we played my cyclone, currently has his initials for the highest score..even though I took a pix of my highest score before I installed a new battery holder..it’s to early in the morning to beat his score, and it pisses me off..lol

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I hate that my buddy, who came over last night for a few beers n we played my cyclone, currently has his initials for the highest score..even though I took a pix of my highest score before I installed a new battery holder..it’s to early in the morning to beat his score, and it pisses me off..lol

What a jerk! You welcome him into your home and he’s going to disrespect you like that?

#280 5 years ago

SWEP1 is worst game ever. Shoot the middle, drain, shoot the middle, drain, shoot the middle, drain. Game over. And then add Jar Jar to make it even worse.

1 month later
#281 4 years ago

Ghostbusters - Awesome theme but cheap feeling game. I swear at least one out of three balls is lost by it jumping over the flippers. I'm bad enough at the game without feeling cheated on top of it!

Orbitor 1 - snoozefest!

F14 Tomcat - just cant get into this one

Honorable mention: Judge Dredd, Mr & Mrs Pacman, Metallica and Stern Star Wars.

3 weeks later
#282 4 years ago

May be a bit early but I'm fairly certain that I hate MunSterns Pro. It's complete garbage.

2 months later
#283 4 years ago

Hard to hate pinball, but I pretty much hate Bingo Machines.

And ROAD KINGS. Most boringest game ever, Couldn't sell it fast enough!

#284 4 years ago

I hate having a credit dot. Or any issue at all really. I can't play my games if there is an issue, no matter how minor it is. Even if it is a light out that I notice or a 10pt switch that is almost meaningless.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Gotta agree on Attack from Mars. I took my wife to pinball hall of fame (who cannot play, and doesnt give a damn about pinball) watched her destroy Mars after I told her to just shoot the center ramp. Are there other modes in that game? I mean it does have those 10 cent finger do-dads from Chuck-e-cheese on the standups...that has to make it at least a top 10 game.
And WCS I like, but what is with that stupid cartoon dog on the trans-light? He sucks.

Agreed on Attack from Mars. I just don’t get the hype. Regarding WCS, I love the game, but am not a fan of the dog. His name is Striker and he was chosen by the U.S. public to be the mascot of the 1994 World Cup. The mascot for every World Cup ends up being pretty cheesy.

8 months later
#286 3 years ago

The carriage bolt posts on classic sterns. I want to punch whomever invented those in the face.

11 months later
#287 2 years ago

Custom 3D shooter rods - look, these might look neat, but I don't want to grab someone's face to launch a ball. Probably an irrational texture thing I need to get over.

Mods/Toys/Toppers that don't match the art style - No, I don't think you should have 2000s-era videogame Batman intermixed with Keaton Batman, no, I don't want your red-colored instruction cards when the primary colors in the game are blue, black, and purple. And no, I don't want little toy cars and space ships obstructing my view of the ball or shots.

1 month later
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

...Bally Lost World. Not-good-at-all...

damned ! i missed this !!!

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I hate having a credit dot. Or any issue at all really. I can't play my games if there is an issue, no matter how minor it is. Even if it is a light out that I notice or a 10pt switch that is almost meaningless.

I hate it when I've been playing a game for months and suddenly discover while I'm fiddling with something else that a lowest-scoring rubber ring switch like for 10 or 100 points is misadjusted enough that it basically would not be closing during play as much as it should, or at all. Especially if it's near a lot of other scoring things like a pop bumper or something and so you didn't notice it. So then I'm thinking, great, how many times did I miss winning a game by 300 points or 3000 points because of this $%#^ switch?!

#290 2 years ago

89% of the 3D printed playfield mods

#291 2 years ago

I hate:
Guardians of the Galaxy, Munsters, Heavy Metal, and Stern Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all for those damn monotargets. Feel free to add any if I am forgetting a few.
I also hate the Walking Dead, the ugliest pinball machine ever made IMO and also pretty boring.

#292 2 years ago

Stern TMNT a F*cking Big fat steaming pile of Turtle Sh@t

#293 2 years ago

I've played Addams Family and I didn't like it. I thought the callouts were annoying as shit

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

89% of the 3D printed playfield mods

Hard agree. Actual picture of the people who put shitty toys and bullshit like Funko Pops on a pinball machine

download.pngdownload.png
#295 2 years ago

Flat hunks of plastic for pop bumper caps. Maybe even with an LED sticking thru it. Real classy cost reduction manufacturers, thanks for making modern games look like crrrrrrrap. I'd rather get another Alex Baldwin tattoo than look at those ugly flat caps.

3 months later
#296 2 years ago

I've put a few games in on Halloween, and woof. I respect what Spooky was going for. The game LOOKS great. The gameplay? Eh? Maybe I just don't get it. I love that it feels like a descendent from games like Pharaoh or Hardbody. But the gameplay just isn't there. And I hate how the subway systems return the ball to the flippers - maybe it's on theme, like a murderer in the bushes, the ball can pop out anywhere. But none of this feels intuitive. The feeds are confusing. It's not clear what I should be shooting to get where I want to go.

I played this in a loud bar setting, so maybe hearing the callouts would help? But man, I really hope I don't see this game on location much in the years to come. Might be my least-favorite modern game.

1 month later
#297 2 years ago

People that go overboard on the LED lighting mods that go beyond the designer's intention and make the playfield look like puke.

3 months later
#298 2 years ago

I hate the machines you thought were the best ever, maybe 10 or 20 years ago, now make you ask yourself "what did I like about this?"

I recently had that revelation with what I thought was the dream machine lineup - Medieval Madness, Black Knight 2000, and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I've played all of them over the past few years and thought "eh, yeah, next...." Not that they're bad, because they're not, but wow - I guess the memories of "what was" really wasn't "what is" at least today. They just don't hold the same fascination anymore. It's a bit depressing.

#299 2 years ago

Ultraman, Celts, Cosmic Carnival and Thunderbirds are all pretty much made from the same poop.

3 weeks later
#300 1 year ago

I hate when people who don’t love think your weird instead of being the cool SOB that you are for loving pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club/page/6?hl=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.