download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 5 years ago

#202 5 years ago

I hate when people qualify their sales descriptions.

"***Insert flaw here***, but it looks good for its age."

I know I'm buying a 30 year old machine. Be straight and stop trying to sound like a used car salesman.

#203 5 years ago

As far as games go, star wars trilogy is pretty awful imo.

I also hate blue leds in games, and hate the "$$k by christmas" post in literally every overpriced thread

#204 5 years ago

I hate the fact that I only have two pinball machines !

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

If you prefer to have one, I'll take that IJ off your hands.

#206 5 years ago

I hate Vince

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you prefer to have one, I'll take that IJ off your hands.

It’s in pieces ... getting a soup to nuts restoration treatment.

It will be my coffin

#208 5 years ago

SF2- Worst DMD ever made. Terrible ruleset, terrible artwork. Awesome theme gone to shit.

X-files - Also tied as the worst DMD ever made. Boring as all shit. Only game i've played where I was so bored, I almost walked away on location without playing all 3 balls. Sleeper sound. Shit art package. Shit layout. Boring ass toy.

Black knight- Sound make you want to poke out your ear drums. (game is meh)

Stern Rolling stones- holy fawk! talk about cost cutting. Probably died with AFM in the cheapo slap together empty game.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I hate it when people hoard games and never play them - the worst is when someone refuses to take a game out of the box, or even open the top of the box, because it will "destroy the value", so they just keep it packed up for 15 years. There could be a load of bricks in there for all they know.
I hate those stupid-looking flipper caps.
I hate when people claim that the remakes are inferior to the originals. They're just angry that their fair-condition original isn't worth $8k anymore to some sucker with more money than brains.
I hate the perfectionists and sticklers in this hobby, and this extends to any hobby. The ones who get all pissy if you put a smudge on the glass or who whine about a NIB game having a minor cosmetic defect, like tiny black spots in the playfield silkscreen.
I hate when remake club threads are filled with people whining about their game being delayed, or when they're filled with people posting pictures of their ridiculous custom toppers or little toys and trinkets they bought to go with the game.
I feel much better. Thanks OP!

It wasn't the idea of the remakes that came out that hurt and depreciated my pin(s) like MM, AFM and MB. It's the idea that some snob had to make a smart ass comment about it was funny that I "blew" that kind of money on the pin and know it's worth nothing since the release of the originals. Heck, hang around the stock market exchange and make fun of the people who lost their investment and retirements on the market.

I still have my originals and I love them just as much as I would if they were remakes. I still think the remakes hurt the collectors market. That being said, I hate when people say "I buy the pins to enjoy them, not as an investment". I do too and when I normally sell a pin I usually take a loss, but to say to yourself that you're not happy for at least breaking even or making a profit on selling a pin doesn't put a warm glow in your heart, then you're just lying.

In closing, I hate selling pins. My pet peeve is when I sell a pin to a buddy because they said they love it and needed to have it, then it ends up they sold it the next week because they probably knew the price I gave them was so cheap they know they could make a profit selling it to someone else.

Oh, I still LOVE my Alien pin. If I was interested in it just an as investment, then I would have sold it by now. Having way too much fun with it and I don't see myself selling it. Flame suit on!

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

It wasn't the idea of the remakes that came out that hurt and depreciated my pin(s) like MM, AFM and MB. It's the idea that some snob had to make a smart ass comment about it was funny that I "blew" that kind of money on the pin and know it's worth nothing since the release of the originals. Heck, hang around the stock market exchange and make fun of the people who lost their investment and retirements on the market.
I still have my originals and I love them just as much as I would if they were remakes. I still think the remakes hurt the collectors market. That being said, I hate when people say "I buy the pins to enjoy them, not as an investment". I do too and when I normally sell a pin I usually take a loss, but to say to yourself that you're not happy for at least breaking even or making a profit on selling a pin doesn't put a warm glow in your heart, then you're just lying.
In closing, I hate selling pins. My pet peeve is when I sell a pin to a buddy because they said they love it and needed to have it, then it ends up they sold it the next week because they probably knew the price I gave them was so cheap they know they could make a profit selling it to someone else.
Oh, I still LOVE my Alien pin. If I was interested in it just an as investment, then I would have sold it by now. Having way too much fun with it and I don't see myself selling it. Flame suit on!

The retaliation that you are preparing for is not likely to happen in this thread.

Remakes are just that, remakes. They are distinct and different from the original machines. In some ways, they are targeting the new buyer/new operator and not so much the old timer pinball collector. I realize there are those that think the "improvements" add to the game and some of those buyers certainly could be "collectors".

If you sell a pin to buddy for a buddy price, that's your choice. If you sell a pin to a buddy for a non buddy price, that's your choice as well.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’m amazed no one has made any reference yet...WTF?

That is because we hate that lame song and lamer Ugly Kid Joe band. Letting the hate out does feel good.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The retaliation that you are preparing for is not likely to happen in this thread.
Remakes are just that, remakes. They are distinct and different from the original machines. In some ways, they are targeting the new buyer/new operator and not so much the old timer pinball collector. I realize there are those that think the "improvements" add to the game and some of those buyers certainly could be "collectors".
If you sell a pin to buddy for a buddy price, that's your choice. If you sell a pin to a buddy for a non buddy price, that's your choice as well.

No hate Brutha

I guess I'm saying I hate myself when I put too much trust in my pinball buddies. No hard feelings, just once bitten, twice shy.

One other thing. When I bought the FAB 3 mentioned above I bought them because I loved the toys, playfield and theme. At the time I had no idea that MM would be worth more than say Last Action Hero, I just loved the pin. I think I paid 8000 for MM, 6000 for AFM and 6500 for MB, give or take a few bucks. So I practically paid what pinballers are paying for their remakes now.

#213 5 years ago

I hate playfield toys. Sure, a couple of nice theme-matched pieces is fine, but overall toys are stupid and cheapen the look of most machines.

I hate incandescent light bulbs in machines. They suck all around. They aren’t bright enough and the heat they emit ruins everything they are near.

I hate colored GI.

I hate people who don’t understand what maintenance means and still own pinball machines.

Edit: Overall, I hate this topic.

#214 5 years ago

The Shadow, couldn't sell it fast enough, what a clunkfest . And plus having to look at the douchebag on the translight.

#215 5 years ago

I hate going to play but seeing a broken <insert any part here>, then go fetch needed tools, remove balls and glass, drop at least one screw and searching for it for 5 minutes, tinkering around for another 20 min, then cleaning up all tools and stuff and when finally done and ready to play again, something else suddenly needs fixing, GAH!

#216 5 years ago

I hate ball hop at flipper transition.
I hate TOTAN and TOM, boring pins and stupid code.
I hate when i buy a pin and there are shitty leds installed that light nothing.
I hate TSPP and this terrible hurry up music and Doh callouts.
I hate the music in Iron Maiden, the clunkyness and the loud and annoying noise of the 4 flippers, sounds very cheap.
I hate DE games, feels cheap, bad codes, stupids and same sounds on every machines.
I hate when i change a bulb/led and when i lose the screw and spends 10 minutes to find this MF screw.

#217 5 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium. Dream theme, horrible layout, magnaslings.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Amen to that!!! I only have room for 3.... So, I have to make my last pin choice wisely Sucks not having a lot of space to place mounds of pinball machines (I have no basement in California and my garage is close to 98 degrees in summer time... even with fully insulated garage).

Just went to Banning, CA for Arcade Expo...

I hate Houdini... I had to walk away from the game without playing my third ball. I'm not the best player, but I felt the shots were frustrating to get through... especially the shot leading to the Chain pop bumpers...
Also, the video cut scenes did nothing for me....it just wasted my time waiting to finally see the next task to get to the original point... playing pinball

I'm all about incorporating video cut scenes... but I felt this pin did not do well on that card.

This thread is awesome... release the pin anger!!!

#219 5 years ago

I hate not having a large enough house. I'm almost out of space for my pins. I think I can put 3 more in... 2 more easy... But, what I really hate also is I have no room to refurbish or really work on any. Got to move them to my brothers basement and thats a lot of work in and of itself.

#220 5 years ago

I love the game but hate all that goes along with the trunk on TOM!

trunk (resized).jpgtrunk (resized).jpg
#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I hate not having a large enough house. I'm almost out of space for my pins. I think I can put 3 more in... 2 more easy... But, what I really hate also is I have no room to refurbish or really work on any. Got to move them to my brothers basement and thats a lot of work in and of itself.

Ok...fine.
You can keep them at my house...

#222 5 years ago

Hate poorly maintained games. It's exciting to see a good title on location then you walk up to it to see dim gi with half bulbs out, features not working, and flippers that barely function. It's fine if the game is still playable but not if important parts of the game do not work where you cannot make locks, get jackpots, or start modes. It's also just sad to see a neglected game with broken parts, misaligned flippers, worn out rubbers, and covered in funk. At the very least you could take 5 minutes to wipe down the playfield.

I also hate when people bring junk pins to shows to get in free. It's great they actually brought something but what's the point if it's barely playable and breaks down after a few plays? I suspect they expect someone at the show to fix it for free. I get some pins are finicky, develop issues after being transported, or stuff breaks but that's not what I am talking about.

#223 5 years ago

I hate game on location with the sound turned down

#226 5 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy - The voice actors are the worst. The repetition and just generally boring game play are a close second.
Star Wars Episode I - Just annoying and stupid. The gimmick gets old and RFM does it better.
South Park - Is any explanation needed? It's just terrible.

Bonus: Game I think is overrated: Attack From Mars
Bonus: Game I like that most hate: Street Fighter II (though not enough to not sell it)

#227 5 years ago

I hate waiting.

Hello, my name is Bublehead, and I am a Waitaholic.

“Hi, Bublehead”

I think all pinheads are Waitaholics. We don't wait well for anything- new pins, GB code, Schematics, production and delivery schedule updates, Manufacturer reveals, Company announcements, Problem Ticket resolutions, Company responses to common problems, Any code update from anyone, Anything from Stern, Anything from JJP, Anything from CGC (a personal fav)...

Hell, Just about anything from anyone.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ok...fine.
You can keep them at my house...

You're a bit far away. But, thanks for the offer.

#229 5 years ago

My buddy and I each bought IJ more than 20 years ago. I paid $1400 for mine back then (have since added ColorDMD and other stuff). My buddy just sold his IJ for $6800 (no ColorDMD) to fund his '71 Ford Pantera restortation. I told this to my wife to show her how the pinball hobby can hold its value. Now she wants me to sell my IJ and some of my other games just for the money.

So much for the point I was trying to make winding up biting me in the ass. I hate that.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

biting me in the ass

When you want to buy a pin it’s “our” money and “your” machine.
When you sell its “our” machine and “her” money.

I hate that too.

#231 5 years ago

I hate that Stern thinks we are stupid and cuts costs at every turn, charges more for less, and thinks we should thank them for the privilege. How about a one game boycott (never happen) for them to get their shit together? I think they make very fun pins but anyone can see quality is going down the tubes and don't get me started on node boards.

#232 5 years ago

I hate seeing good desirable games for sale mainly on the east coast of the good ol US of A..living up here north of the 49th parallel, our dollar is what, 75 cents to your dollar? The exchange/duty fn sucks..even driving towards Seattle/Portland fn sucks..buying parts far away and paying stupid fn money sucks..and ya, that’s how I feel..

#233 5 years ago

Of all the pins I've owned I only hate two Big Guns and El Dorado City Of Gold ugh I recoil at just the thought of them.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Of all the pins I've owned I only hate two Big Guns

I love how Big Guns looks... but hate how easy it is to “finish”. I went to see a guy about buying one, chocked up a single game, saved the queen, put up GC, thanked him for the game, and declined his offer to buy it. Big guns is a beautiful example of Pythons color pencil artwork. It’s depth is shockingly shallow for today, and was questionably easy back in the 80’s.

#235 5 years ago

I hate lima beans.
Seriously

#236 5 years ago

I hate the fact that new pro Sterns are sans some very notable and, in my opinion, critical features. These are different games by the time they get dumbed down.

#237 5 years ago

Hate is a strong word....

But I hate Shaq Attack.
I don't care for Hurricane.

#238 5 years ago

This is the thread I’ve been waiting for. Can’t believe I didn’t stumble across it sooner. I have so much to say here - oh man.

We all know the great machines, but the worst;

Blackwater 100 - any game that starts with a multiball really irks me. Way too much crap on that game to enjoy playing. Had the displeasure of playing one again recently, and even beautifully restored, I walk off plunged ball 3 - all three of them.

LOTR, Houdini, WOZ - any games with incredibly long ball times as a near guarantee suck. I want to earn playing for a long time, I don’t want it to be a given.

Ghostbusters is rancid. What a waste of mechs. Nothing about that game appeals to me. If I saw one on location for free play - I probably still wouldn’t play it.

Motor Show by Mr. Game - a machine I encountered at ReplayFX. The shots are not possible to make, at least not for me. The cabinet is hideous. HIDEOUS.

Mustang - trash.

Stern’s NBA - trash.

South Park - TrIpLe DoUbLe MeGa TrAsH. toddtuckey - if you ever push anything else off a roof, make sure it’s a South Park. Please.

But - now that the basics are out of the way - let’s dig deep. Let’s get into the $h!tt!est $h!t.

Shaq Attaq - who could conceivably and consciously put together such an insult to pinball and coin operated machinery? I’m offended by it. I’d prefer to play a Pinbox 3000.

Thunderbirds - This game is technically playable but I’d prefer to just play wall ball, by myself, against the side of my house with a metal pinball. SPELL INTERNATIONAL RESCUE!!!!

Al’s Garage Band, should have stayed in Alvin G’s Garage - quite possibly the most annoying game ever made. The sounds, the shots - oh and Dr. Skins. Save yourself from Dr. Skins.

Cactus Jack’s - what drug do I have to take to be able to enjoy that game? Probably what ever drug the design team was on. When someone can make sense of that monstrosity, they have transcended space and time itself.

I’ll stop here for now.

#239 5 years ago

Woh, wait a sec. "Dr. Skins" is that really a thing? How did I miss that? That's actually so ridiculous it's funny.

#240 5 years ago

Here's another... Toys/mechs/ramps that significantly block the inlane view. One of the best skills in pinball is making the difficult save off an outline - and that's awfully hard to do when you can't see what the hell you're nudging. (Examples - ST:TNG, AC/DC... Still like ST, but AC/DC can get effed)

#241 5 years ago

I hate lexan upper play fields that take 1 minute to remove.

I want 45 minutes to get off with hard wood...

#242 5 years ago

I hate people who hate to read long posts and then write a long post about hating to read long posts.

#243 5 years ago

I hate when you are trying to sell a game at a fair price and nobody is interested. I also loathe people on Craigslist. Not only do they low ball you, but they make it sound like they’re doing you a favor by trying to take the game off your hands.

By the way...I still have a nice Dirty Harry for sale. PM me if interested

#244 5 years ago

I hate that pinball costs money and needs so much space.

#245 5 years ago

I hate that my apartment is not big enough to have anymore.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Hate TNA, such a poser hipster game...just picture a bunch of neatly trimmed bearded dudes bobbing their heads to rave music while wearing flannels &amp; tight jeans holding a craft beer in one hand and slapping each other’s butts when their turns up with the other...

this almost had to be a real life experience!!!!

#247 5 years ago

I hate STTNG, most people seem to think its a great game but to me its a darn overrated piece of...

#248 5 years ago

A good friend recently reminded me of the horribly designed Junkyard pinball machine. Absolute crap. I just want to pee all over every single one that I see.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

this almost had to be a real life experience!!!!

It was, at ayce gogi actually, Just minding my own business on paragon with a cold MGD when a cold hand slithered over my shoulder...startled, I spit the remaining Miller In my mouth all over that beautiful paragon...in a flash this sneaky mans shirt was whisked off to clean my spat...

He told me everything would be ok and that I should join them for some TNA, terrified and confused I obliged, walked over to the group and in one jacki Chan fluid motion my drink was swapped with something pungent & fruity by one of them...With one sip of this stuff I again spat out a plume of said concoction all over this group of men to which they all turned around, faces dripping and laughing hysterically...as they all began to unbutton their shirts in unison I ran for my life...

#250 5 years ago

I hate hate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club/page/5?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.