download.png
trunk (resized).jpg
ADCC1269-FE2C-4977-9D82-88C94FE327D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-13-54~2 (resized).png
7pBs58IH_400x400 (resized).jpg
6a00d83451cb7469e20167684b6040970b-800wi (resized).png
tenor (resized).png
BC38AE7F-8F96-4061-BC23-FC974FD7BC01 (resized).jpeg

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 5 years ago

Also, Batman 66. Now, disclaimer: I actually like the gameplay itself. It's a decently put together game. I just LOATHE the theme. Can't stand it. I hated this show as a kid. I hate it more now. Batman himself? Fine. The 60s Batman? What were they smoking back then? It's so bad! I just can't.

Ditto for Beatles, except Beatles doesn't even play decently. Beatlemania... I don't get it it. Maybe it's a Boomer thing, I dunno.

#102 5 years ago

I am going to hate on Funhouse also, what a cluster f@@@ playfield should a been a wide body like its brother road show which is.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just having fun man, scared stiff is a fine game. I’ll never understand the theme. That’s all.
What pinball do you hate?

Absolutely NO HAVING FUN ALLOWED! haha... Yeah, pinball themes can be head-scratchers sometime. The only game I REALLY hated was when I played 'South Park' on location. Great theme, but it was the only game I walked away from mid-ball. However, once I had one at home for a while, I actually had fun with it.

#104 5 years ago

Had a TDK and really enjoyed it. Sold it to buy a BM66 and hated it. I also hoped to love Alien from its announcement but ended up hating it.

#105 5 years ago

Haha. Yes, I am OBVIOUSLY just seriously OUTRAGED over his comments on Scared Stiff! You got to use a GIF that's old and tired. Good job internetting! haha...

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

that's old and tired.

....and hilarious.

*Fixed it for ya

#107 5 years ago

I'm not a big Rollergames fan.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I pretty much hate all games that have toilets on them. South Park and Junkyard for sure. I feel like there’s another piece of crap pin with a toilet that I hate but it slips my mind.

Hi Austin Powers!

#109 5 years ago

Airborne? That game is always destroyed when I see one. Still seems like that game can’t end soon enough, even with the already short ball times. Total firewood!

#110 5 years ago

I hate "But it's so beautiful!" as an excuse for, well... anything.

It's the "Think of the children" of pinball.

#111 5 years ago

I hate Family Guy and Dialed In based on theme. I also hate RFM and STE1 based on them being Pinball 2000 platform. I don't like the platform to begin with and I really hate moving those boat anchors.

#112 5 years ago

"Lamont?" ... "Margo."

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hate Family Guy and Dialed In based on theme. I also hate RFM and STE1 based on them being Pinball 2000 platform. I don't like the platform to begin with and I really hate moving those boat anchors.

DI is the only pin that has elicited HATE from me

I still remember that horrendous jaw dropping reveal.

That’s why Wonka and Pat are going to crush it!

#114 5 years ago

Bone Busters is POOP.

#115 5 years ago

Channeling the hate...

1. People kicking my feet when I'm playing.
2. Cupped inserts!
3. The frickin' seam around the in-playfield glass on Congo, CFTBL, Big Lebowski, etc.
4. Kickouts that send the ball STDM
5. Trudeau gap
6. Generally poorly maintained games
7. Thunderbirds
8. Hurricane
9. People who complain.

#116 5 years ago

really any trudeau game minus congo and thx sector. ESPECIALLY GB. game sucks. bad shots. bad code. it’s pretty. only art wise and dots.

#117 5 years ago

also any gottlieb with those dumb scissor angle flippers that it u hit the ball right the flipper gets stuck halfway up and you can’t trap it.

#118 5 years ago

Just about any Gottlieb System 1 Game. ZZZZZZZZZ

#119 5 years ago

My list of hate is long... but its not titles.

This is humor folks, so don't panic... you have been warned.

TL;DR

Ok, what I hate in pinball (Not in any particular order...)

Broken anything, but broken flippers? Come on guys... give it a little effort, huh?

Any mode that switches left and right flipper buttons. Nope. Let that crap time out. Or stand on your head on the lockbar backwards, your choice. (Don’t waste any time thinking about that, it don’t work, trust me)

Shakers that set off tilts. Talk about “Edging”... a shaker is not supposed to edge your tilts people. Just saying...

Hair trigger Tilts set with a feeler gauge. Really, guys? I thought LESS damage to the machine is what you are going for?

Unlevel playfield left to right. Seriously? So right orbit to left sling seems fine to you? Yeah...ah... No.

Floaters. And, no, not the kind left in backwash, but the kind you get when someone puts the legs on backwards. Anyone got a wrench?

Anyone who leaves a pin on its legs in the bed of a pickup truck while moving it, although they end up getting theirs eventually. RIP poor pinball machines.

Operators who leave their number on a card behind the glass... “This number is no longer in service...please check the number and dial again, or ask your OPERATOR for assistance”... ok that is just a massive dose of IRONY dudes...

People who refuse to play doubles. I get it but, can’t we take turns having fun instead of me breathing down your neck until you to get pissed off and leave? “Don’t walk away angry... just walk away.” (I wait patiently though, I’m not a dick)

People who want to play doubles... haha, just seeing if you are paying attention.

People who think the answer to every pinball problem can be solved with a used pack of matches. Ok, for keeping the coin door jammed shut, and as a makeshift contact cleaner, but that ain't ever keeping a machine level while I play it.

Sticky flippers, sticky flipper buttons, or worse, something sticky on the buttons... Ewww...

Crap jammed in the coin slots thinking that it is somehow helping. Unless its jammed with quarters, then bang that coin door and punch the rejects folks, because I am getting rich... ok, well maybe enough for a couple of games, but certainly not enough for college tuition, although that would have come in handy back then.

Fluids on the glass... just... no. I will spare the details, but drinks on a machine, just not a fan. Add the word “bodily” to that and it jumps from a solid “NOPE!” up to “No effin’ Way”... Don’t move, I’ll go get you a towel...

Cigarette burns on the lockbar, cabinet, flipper buttons?!? Yeah, seen it firsthand, and yes, he did burn his fingers too. Hell of a ball before he lost it while screaming “F-this and F-that”... just like Stallone, he had his balls cupped just a little bit too long. I couldn’t stop laughing. I told him not to smoke and flip, but would he listen to me, noooooo.

Missing plunger tips. I was going to poke fun at my friend Dave until he reminded me my tip was missing too. Touche.

Broken rubbers, although broken flipper rubbers are not nearly as big a life changing event as the other kind.

Machines set for more than a buck a play. Its a game of pinball, not a full body massage. And get your mind out of the gutter, I was talking about those $5 massage chairs in the mall.

Machines with the volume set to “Felonious”. I get it, you like your “Number of the Beast” at spine liquifying decibel levels, but when I can physically feel my sperm count drop as I play, that is too loud.

Machines with a 1000 Watt external subwoofer. I want a little rumble, not calls from the Siesmic Reporting Agency telling me I was the epicenter of a major earthquake. If my hands and feet feel numb after playing, thats more than a just little rumble dude, thats outright nerve damage.

Seizure inducing LEDs. Get with the program folks. This is not Americas Most Haunted... I should not have to guess where the ball is when I flip. Ghosting LEDs are so 2018.

Color changing LED’s. The random cycling of the color just reminds me of the random firings of the neurons in your brain when you decided to put these in your machine.

Color GI LED’s done wrong... and really, has anyone really ever got it 100% right? I have seen some interesting uses of LEDs in pinball, but GI lighting is one that must be done “delicately” to quote the old witch. It is unfortunate that some people use a jackhammer and a sledge to change out their tungsten lamps for LEDs, though. Anyone got an icepick and cup of water? My retinas are on fire.

Purple and fuchia LEDs in abundance. This one puzzles me... I can’t tell if they are going for Best Drag Queen of the show, or if they are just “Fabulous” and want to share it with the world. My problem is the color, though, not their orientation. Just like me, not every pinball machine looks good in drag. You just can not unsee that Demolition Man though... <shudder>

Thanks for coming everybody. Try the veal, I’m here till next Thursday (literally... since, like, flying to TPF and all...)

And I am keeping my day job, just in case any of you are worried.

#120 5 years ago

any gottlieb besides stargate

#121 5 years ago

Worst game I ever had...

Actually even shitty games are fun (their own way) but for me BTTF is the worst game I ever had.
Not because it is actively bad, it is just such a mediocre, blend and unmemorable experience...

TMNT plays way worse in my opinion but it still kinda has some charme.

Actually feeling hate while playing: Ghostbusters

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

Channeling the hate...
9. People who complain.

#123 5 years ago

I don't like any of the modern sterns, they feel one dimensional and flat to me and the build quality is terrible imo.

The remakes, flippers feel weird and set lighting annoys me.

The sega pins, all tacky and crapola to me.

And generally Americana hillbilly feel pins..really dislike them now. White water, fish tales, road show, etc...hate the art and the themes.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

really any trudeau game minus congo and thx sector. ESPECIALLY GB. game sucks. bad shots. bad code. it’s pretty. only art wise and dots.

As much as I've b*tched about this pin and that, really the only pin I truly HATE is Ghostbusters. I preordered the LE. Leaks looked amazing. Gorgeous art package. Amazing theme but the pin in the worst designed piece of **** in the modern era.

- Flawed flipper gap
- lazy, linear code
- worst skill shot rules in pinball
- airball scoleri targets
- pops that let the ball stay there 30seconds+
- dragging slider mech
- ball-hopping, flawed outline design
- playfield misspelling
- ghosting inserts
- and was shipped with two differently shaped side rails

What'd I miss? I didn't hate is as much as when I sold it, but as I play it more at the local arcade, I realize how bad it really is.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Leaks looked amazing

Welcome to every modern Stern release ever here at Pinside.

1. Game gets announced
2. Stern fanboys come out in droves, boners firmly in hand
3. Everyone (even non-fanboys) are driven to purchase before ever flipping one ball on it
4. Game is a let-down in every way....but it's NEW!!!
5. Two weeks later the Pinside Market is flooded with "essentially NIB" games that people can't wait to get rid of
6. Start over at Step 1

Every. Single. Time.

#126 5 years ago

I hate Jpops "pretty but shitty" pin such as ToTAN and CV. These games are all style over substance and are among the worst pins B/W made in the 90's. They look like works of art so the collector market is crazy for these dogs. Do you guys wanna know why you don't like WCS? Why it's because Jpops greasy hair is all over this game too (even though he needed hand holding the whole time). Unlike many of you, I actually watch and enjoy soccer (Everton fan unfortunately), but I don't like the game either. A goalie that blocks shots, sounds awesome on paper but it's just frustrating and tedious. An orbit that is designed to hit the left sling WTF? Steep ramps that are tough to flow with. Stupid awards. An impossibly dangerous and poorly designed scoop. A pointless Magna save, and rules that get boring the third time you play it. Oh and the dog, Striker, sucks ass.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I hate Jpops "pretty but shitty" pin such as ToTAN and CV. These games are all style over substance and are among the worst pins B/W made in the 90's. They look like works of art so the collector market is crazy for these dogs. Do you guys wanna know why you don't like WCS? Why it's because Jpops greasy hair is all over this game too (even though he needed hand holding the whole time). Unlike many of you, I actually watch and enjoy soccer (Everton fan unfortunately), but I don't like the game either. A goalie that blocks shots, sounds awesome on paper but it's just frustrating and tedious. An orbit that is designed to hit the left sling WTF? Steep ramps that are tough to flow with. Stupid awards. An impossibly dangerous and poorly designed scoop. A pointless Magna save, and rules that get boring the third time you play it. Oh and the dog, Striker, sucks ass.

Another JPOP hate drama. I know a lot of pin collectors which start by playing CV and totan ans loved it and start their interest from here.
Everyone can like red and hate blue, sure but the argumentation on the designer, get past it: change hobby, you might feel better. This is amusement games here. Who cares with the guy and yes those pins looks great and a lot of them are stuck in collectors house and played believe it or not.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Oh and the dog, Striker, sucks ass.

But @frippertron, can you tell us how you really feel about JPop, I mean WCS... and don’t pull any punches?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Another JPOP hate drama. I know a lot of pin collectors which start by playing CV and totan ans loved it and start their interest from here.
Everyone can like red and hate blue, sure but the argumentation on the designer, get past it: change hobby, you might feel better. This is amusement games here. Who cares with the guy and yes those pins looks great and a lot of them are stuck in collectors house and played believe it or not.

Hmmm, I wonder what machines this guy owns...

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Hmmm, I wonder what machines this guy owns...

Smart question: none of them

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Smart question: none of them

Suuuuure.

#132 5 years ago

Oh ok. You’re the 5 years old boy on the picture. I get it now.
I don’t have to prove or share anything , I share my view.

#133 5 years ago

Li'l Deadpool kiddie cartoons. One of the reasons I hardly play DP.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

As much as I've b*tched about this pin and that, really the only pin I truly HATE is Ghostbusters. I preordered the LE. Leaks looked amazing. Gorgeous art package. Amazing theme but the pin in the worst designed piece of **** in the modern era.
- Flawed flipper gap
- lazy, linear code
- worst skill shot rules in pinball
- airball scoleri targets
- pops that let the ball stay there 30seconds+
- dragging slider mech
- ball-hopping, flawed outline design
- playfield misspelling
- ghosting inserts
- and was shipped with two differently shaped side rails
What'd I miss? I didn't hate is as much as when I sold it, but as I play it more at the local arcade, I realize how bad it really is.

don’t forget cab splitting

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

don’t forget cab splitting

Too many issues to remember! I still remember the Stern factory tour streamed on Facebook where the guy checking the Playfields for quality had to be shown how to turn the light on, so it would shine thru the inserts for a quality check. LOL.

#136 5 years ago

While the Munsters machine itself is quite nice... that theme music. Cannot stand. It gets stuck in my head. I can't get rid of it. I still hear it. #1 reason I chose Deadpool over Munsters recently was that annoying music. Little Deadpool is annoying too, but it's not on ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

#137 5 years ago

The worst part of Munsters for me was the canned laughter. Something mundane happening like plunging a ball, or waiting for the pops, or ball ping-ponging between the slings? Or just between shots? HARHARHAHAHARHAR. Ugh. Make it stop.

~~~~~~~~~~

I like to add a new jug of haterade to the collection, from a servicing aspect: I *hate* slot-head screws. Got a screw at an odd angle, or you can't see? EFF YOU, keep turning your screwdriver in hopes it finds the slot... give up and crane your neck to figure out where it is... then have the damn thing slip off every 1/4 turn because the screw was just slightly angled... rinse and repeat x1000...

Seems like such a stupid thing to complain about but the El Dorado I am working on doesn't have a single freaking philips fastener on it and gadzeus do I hate slotted screws now. Never realized what a blessing Philips or hex-heads were until replacing hundreds of them.

#138 5 years ago

I don't like Spiderman. Don't like the ugly playfield and the dumb toys, don't like the mushy animations, don't like the shots. Never feels like I'm doing anything or going anywhere when I play it, even when I'm making the shots and progressing.

#139 5 years ago

Deadpool
Iron Maiden
Judge Dredd
Motor dome
Street fighter
Node boards
Stern playfield quality
Stern getting cheaper and cheaper in quality.
But more expensive in price.
premium and LE's
Stern knocker
Bad callouts

Basically
Every band/music themed pinball machine

Just because it's based off a band, and not something that actually feels like it creates a world under glass.
And I hate the excuse, " it will get better with code"
I hate that the fans of original Williams games always post that originals are better than remakes.

I really hate the fact that stern hasn't made a pin I want to buy since ST.
And I don't think they will ever make a pin I would want to keep.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I *hate* slot-head screws

Does anyone remember Erector Sets or Mechanno? +1 on slot hate, I mean slotted screw hate.

P.s. I upvoted your post for the term “jug of haterade” because it made me shoot OJ out my nose.

#141 5 years ago

I hate Iron Maidens music

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm gonna take some flack for this but The Addams Family. I don't like the rules or the geometry of the game. The mechs are cool but that's about where I get off the hype train. Another two games that look nice but are absolute dogs are Dr. Dude and Party Zone. I choose to walk right by whenever I see either of them.

He he. . and your collection consists of ?

#143 5 years ago

I hate anyone who hates the games I like and I hate anyone who likes the games I hate.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

He he. . and your collection consists of ?

I collect mostly em and solid states and rotate a lot. Right now, Meteor, Paragon, Pinbot, Night Rider ( I drive a truck for a living), Hoops, Genesis. Probably trade a couple shortly. Really want a Stars and Robowar and would like a Joker Poker or a Whirlwind back eventually.

#145 5 years ago

Hate TNA, such a poser hipster game...just picture a bunch of neatly trimmed bearded dudes bobbing their heads to rave music while wearing flannels & tight jeans holding a craft beer in one hand and slapping each other’s butts when their turns up with the other...

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Hate TNA, such a poser hipster game...just picture a bunch of neatly trimmed bearded dudes bobbing their heads to rave music while wearing flannels &amp; tight jeans holding a craft beer in one hand and slapping each other’s butts when their turns up with the other...

Dude, like Why? Now I can not “unsee” this image in my mind... I have to agree on TNA, though, it felt like playing a Bally SpAcE InVaDeRs on steroids and it was experiencing ‘roid rage.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I hate anyone who hates the games I like and I hate anyone who likes the games I hate.

I hate liars and jokers. Just kidding....

#148 5 years ago

I hate Sterns node board concept. What a stupid way to screw your customers to ensure they can never work on their own boards and instead force them to spend hundreds of dollars on replacements instead.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Hate TNA, such a poser hipster game...just picture a bunch of neatly trimmed bearded dudes bobbing their heads to rave music while wearing flannels &amp; tight jeans holding a craft beer in one hand and slapping each other’s butts when their turns up with the other...

Hmmm ...

When I think of TNA, I always picture a bunch of hot chicks wearing tight fitting futuristic clothing, playing the game while holding a quality libation in one hand and slapping each other’s butts when their turn is up.

Consequently, I do not hate TNA.

#150 5 years ago

I hate Twilight Zone.
This bloody POS breaks down as soon as look at it. Super-Pin? More like Super-POS-Pin.

Its an awkward f'cking wide body game difficult to move....well anywhere, has a heavy playfield to lift and secure to repair (you will find you lift it a lot), and it needs constant repairs. You just get sick of it after like two weeks. May as well just play with the glass off and the backglass off all the time because you know somethings gonna break down in short order usually as soon as you turn it on. Its a 'something breaks when you need it to work the most' type pins.

I know everyone (only the non-tech types) loves the game and raves about it and wishes they have one (fools), get real. Nobody plays it in comps/tournaments or even at home and certainly not on-site because they want to enjoy blowing up a game, not a game that blows up.

If Pinside had a 'techie reliable top 100', most of the 90s B/W wouldn't even be on the list, especially TZ which should be down to 1000 or more. When selling, sellers wont haggle the $$$, and express quiet relief when it's heading out the door.

When on-selling you hope an experienced pinball tech or a way out-of-towner buys it because you don't want (and are going to get) service calls over and over telling you the powerball trough prox detector doesn't work properly and the game keeps resetting, like all throughout the next year or so.

Overated and overpriced piece of crap.

The only reason I would get another, is to put a Pinsound board in it and load in the alternative sound mixes and have a listen. Actually, to save some $$, get the Pinsound board and put it in a mate's TZ, (you know, the one you have to fix all the f'cking time) and have a listen. Get it off your chest. You will eventually come to realise that the new mix doesn't do much for the game and re-use the board on a more worthy B/W.

Glad I got that off my chest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hate-club/page/3?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.