Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-618.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

if i had some funding to cover bills for a year, i could knock out a great title on this platform. being in austin would make it easy to work close with Gerry.

No Brett, stop asking, I won't give you a loan so you can play with your pinball toys instead of work.

#52 10 years ago

if i had some funding to cover bills for a year, i could knock out a great title on this platform. being in austin would make it easy to work close with Gerry.

Maybe ask Gerry if you could start writing your own code for one of the first playfields? Maybe he'd give you the specs so you could go to town, then access to the prototype for some testing? I have no idea if that could happen, but I figure if he says yes, you get practice on the platform and your first custom game at launch time, and you might be able to recover some of your time by selling copies when it launches? If those expansion packs are good, I don't see why you couldn't keep selling them as the platform grew. Seems like a good first step towards launching your own first complete game on the platform.

I think it would be really cool if soon after launch you could buy an expansion pack of new games, and it seems like it would be an easier first stab at it than prototyping and building a upper playfield module as well before the game exists.

I don't know, I am a video guy, not a software guy, so there are probably all sorts of reasons why this wouldn't work until after launch, but I am as excited about third party software packages as I am about third party full games.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you'll never see any pin at dave and busters. I asked them to get pins and corporate said they won't get them because the techs arn't competent enough to fix them.

Our Dave and Buster's had an old Stern game a long time ago I think. And I also think that the P3 changes the equation for them. If fixes can be performed on the spot with module swaps, all they need is one halfway decent guy in a shop somewhere to perform maintenance in a shop. How do they handle maintenance on their vids and redemption games? I can see a traditional pin being way harder to maintain than your average driver or coin pusher, but the P3, with it's easy swap components seems to be just as easy to maintain on location as those things.

I'm not saying this will happen overnight, but these guys are always keeping an eye out for the next big thing, and I have to think when the P3 shows up in a town on location attracting everyone who walks by to it's awesome screen with what I assume will be a kick ass attract mode, they will be very open to a sales pitch on how this isn't your traditional pinball maintenance nightmare.

Gerry, I think you should post the module video at some point, even if it doesn't show how it will work in it's finished state. That's my vote at least. Come on guys, bug Gerry until he shows it!

#54 10 years ago

I second the posting of module video let us see how it works. I think this will be a knock out at TPF and I can't wait to see if I can lock all 8 balls.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I can't wait to see if I can lock all 8 balls.

I'll look forward to seeing that too. I haven't yet managed it with the glass on. The LITE LOCK targets are the side p/f targets; so you're giving up control of the ball to shoot them. Good risk/reward.

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#56 10 years ago

wonder if i could raise enough funds on a kick-starter?

been building games for 25 years.
    the possibilities are endless on this platform

#57 10 years ago

wonder if i could raise enough funds on a kick-starter?
    been building games for 25 years.
    the possibilities are endless on this platform

Any games I would know?

#58 10 years ago

doom, star trek, wing commander, off road racing, yu-gi-oh, are some older ones...
    lots of small titles,
    then supporting everything at EA for several yrs. opened their austin office.
    ...next, P3

ps. from rose/rich

#59 10 years ago

That's a pretty incredible resume! Doing Fort Bend County proud!

We've had a small Microsoft tent at the houston show for a while, and I always thought having a bigger console presence at these shows would bring the new generation of gamers into the hobby, if for nothing else than helping to support pinball on location where it still exists. You should get EA to set up a booth at one or both of those shows! (because I know those kinds of requests are just so easy to pull off .

I need to convince my post production company to let me set up an Austin office. Because Austin definitely needs more video production companies… Man I miss Austin. Though if I lived there again, I'm pretty sure having pinballz so close would kill any itch I have for seeking out new games. I could very easily see myself replacing all my games with a P3 if I lived there, and whenever I got nostalgic I would just that a twenty down to pinballz.

#60 10 years ago

Wow!!!!! Lights out multiball looks awesome! The jackpots light shows are fantastic! Wow, super impressive!

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Looks cool, I'd love to play one someday. The flipper setup looks kinda odd, and they seem to play differently too. Is that how the production unit is going to be?
    Those flippers remind me of some of the videos I've seen where people made pinball machines out of LEGO....

You just have to play it to form your own opinion. They feel very polished and you can control the ball nicely, live catches are great, and the sensitivity is very nice.

#62 10 years ago

Checked this out a while back, and I found it to be very incredible to see where the game is headed. Well, it was a start, but now it's looking even more amazing than before. Very nicely done

#63 10 years ago

The flippers were very snappy and solid on the proto I played at TPF. Different "feel" than other designs, but nothing that is drastic. Overall I am very pleased with what I saw.

#64 10 years ago

I was super impressed with the P3 at TPF. I had initial hesitation about the large surface area of the monitor on the playfield. The designer pointed out that many great pin layouts actually look like this (and gave great examples), but also added that the entire surface of the LCD is interactive, so in fact they are using way MORE of the playfield than has been used previously. The ball can actually interact with items on the LCD.

I thought the flippers felt really good. It took a moment to get used to the feel, which is no different from stepping up to ANY pinball machine. All flippers feel a little different. This felt like that, just a small adjustment to the feel of these particular flippers. It didn't feel like a radical adjustment to totally different tech. It was nothing.

This pin is still early in development, but I think it's showing a ton of promise. It's already a lot of fun to play. I look forward to the next update.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

That's a pretty incredible resume! Doing Fort Bend County proud!
    We've had a small Microsoft tent at the houston show for a while, and I always thought having a bigger console presence at these shows would bring the new generation of gamers into the hobby, if for nothing else than helping to support pinball on location where it still exists. You should get EA to set up a booth at one or both of those shows! (because I know those kinds of requests are just so easy to pull off .
    I need to convince my post production company to let me set up an Austin office. Because Austin definitely needs more video production companies… Man I miss Austin. Though if I lived there again, I'm pretty sure having pinballz so close would kill any itch I have for seeking out new games. I could very easily see myself replacing all my games with a P3 if I lived there, and whenever I got nostalgic I would just that a twenty down to pinballz.

Pinballz is 10 mins from me. I have 12 pins
    just bought another 1 at TxPinFest in Dallas last weekend.. hehehehe....
    it's a sickness! a sickness i tell ya !!!

#66 10 years ago

Idea:

1. Raise all of the scoops, forming a wall.
    2. Launch several balls out of the shooter lane equiv(behind the wall)
    3. Wait several seconds.
    4. Lower all the scoops at the same time
    5. Mr. Moose multiball ensues!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-has-evolved-videos/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.