Dogies12 (resized).jpg
Dogies8 (resized).jpg
Dogies9 (resized).jpg
Dogies7 (resized).jpg
Dogies6 (resized).jpg
Dogies3 (resized).jpg
Dogies5 (resized).jpg
Dogies4 (resized).jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Iowa, Illinois, Missouri has not had any good EM's all year! Market has dried up here. Are other areas the same?

#2 6 years ago

nothing against them, they're great fun, but there's more to pinball than EMs.

#3 6 years ago

The northeast has been booming with stuff for sale this fall/winter. I've been keeping quite busy.

#4 6 years ago

Find a reliable shipper, as ForceFlow mentioned, we’ve been lousy with games, *especially* EM’s that haven’t sold! You’d be in heaven up here!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The northeast has been booming with stuff for sale this fall/winter. I've been keeping quite busy.

Really? I'd been thinking the same thing. Hardly any (project) ems showing on on Craigslist lately at reasonable prices compared to last year. I used to pick up a few games every month and now I've only gotten one since spring

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Really? I'd been thinking the same thing. Hardly any (project) ems showing on on Craigslist lately at reasonable prices compared to last year. I used to pick up a few games every month and now I've only gotten one since spring

I just picked up a Cowpoke project for a good price. Been looking for one of those for a while too.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

thumbs down from dudes with non-EM games in their lineup. wtf? all i was saying is other types of games are good too.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

thumbs down from dudes with non-EM games in their lineup. wtf? all i was saying is other types of games are good too.

Agreed. I've got a few 'modern' games amongst my Ems which I enjoy playing too. Each to his own, I guess....

#9 6 years ago

I separate mine. One side of the game room is a the EM/Bowler nostolgic side, separated by the stairwell. ...the other is the more modern vibe.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

This is the Em hangout. How many thumbs down would we get if we said modern games aren't all that in 90% of Pinside threads. Let us have our happy little place.

#11 6 years ago

And yes, here in Wisconsin Em projects seem to have dried up for the most part. There was a time when I could pick up one or two $200-$300 games a month. There are still a fair amount of games listed but project games are now listed at prices that restored games sold for 2 years ago.

#12 6 years ago

Cali seems to be stuffed with cheap EMs. No decent WPC projects here...

#13 6 years ago

I'm stuck on no space for more. Pinball are hitting the market already I would like. In my area Los Angeles.
I need a new home.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

If you're into EMs, you want EMs.
I can enjoy newer games, but don't have any desire to own or collect them.

#15 6 years ago

I’ve noticed that project games more or less dried up, until I started look for games on Letgo, Facebook, ad well as CL.

For me, it’s not that games are harder to come by, it’s that they’re spread out kinda thin through all the different selling mediums/apps we have today.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This is the Em hangout. How many thumbs down would we get if we said modern games aren't all that in 90% of Pinside threads. Let us have our happy little place.

except i didn't say anything against EMs. english is hard in the EM hangout apparently.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there's more to pinball than EMs.

There's your dig. To many of us here (in the EM hangout) that just isn't true.

And then to say we don't comprehend what your saying, because apparently we don't understand English... I didn't down vote you. You have a right to your opinion. Common sense would have said this wasn't the best way or place to express it.

#18 6 years ago

suggesting that EMs aren't the ONLY good pinball games is a dig? jesus you guys are sensitive. (i like EMs)

#19 6 years ago

Most of the down votes weren't the EM guys. You tend to irritate people of all types.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Translated, it read "EMs are fun, but there's better."

"You're girlfriend is cute, but there's more than just looks"
Translated "yeah she's pretty, but there's a big empty space above the shoulders"

That's why all the downvotes

#21 6 years ago

Back on topic, I too am looking for a good priced EM, but the ones for sale near me (Midwest) seem to be not-so-stellar-condition priced at nice-or-better-conditioned prices...

Plus, on top of that, I'm an EM newb and have very little idea of what title to look for or pick up. I've played a handful and enjoy what I've played, but there seems to be so many off-the-path games that it can be a little daunting at times.

#23 6 years ago

This is pretty typical of what I see in my area these days.
chicago.craigslist.org link

Friendship 7. A pretty neat game with potential. Flaking backglass, doorbell mod, post replacing a rollover on playfield (weird), doesn't quite work. $700.
To me this game cleaned up and working is a $700-$800 game. I used to buy this type of machine all the time for $200-$400. And they would sometimes sit for a week or longer at that price.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This is pretty typical of what I see in my area these days.
chicago.craigslist.org link
Friendship 7. A pretty neat game with potential. Flaking backglass, doorbell mod, post replacing a rollover on playfield (weird), doesn't quite work. $700.
To me this game cleaned up and working is a $700-$800 game. I used to buy this type of machine all the time for $200-$400. And they would sometimes sit for a week or longer at that price.

That's what I've been saying. From the bit I've been in the hobby, a machine like this would be a $300 machine, but is listed at 2x that. I'd like an EM, but I can't imagine that $700 is the normal price for decent condition with a few knots that need to be ironed out...

#25 6 years ago

I haven’t seen ANY projects on cl all year, nothing. I almost got a $500 em recently but it was gone already when I emailed. I don’t know if all the projects are fixed, or if people all the sudden think they’re gold and don’t want to let them go. Theyre just not around here anymore. I saw a basket case in Chicago for 1200, didn’t run, dirty, missing a leg, cracked back glass. I just shook my head and walked away.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

except i didn't say anything against EMs. english is hard in the EM hangout apparently.

If the OP had started this thread in the general forum, your comment would be legitimate and you wouldn't have gotten downvoted.
Since he posted it in the EM Hangout sub-forum, you should expect the flak you got. What you said isn't wrong, but you just said it among the wrong group of people. We're not sensitive, we're just primarily interested in EM games here.
It would be like going to a Corvette rally, and shouting out "hey, there's more to cars than Corvettes. There's plenty of Ford Mustangs around". You wouldn't win too many friends there.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Quoted from pezpunk:

Quoted from pezpunk:

suggesting that EMs aren't the ONLY good pinball games is a dig? jesus you guys are sensitive. (i like EMs)

You're basically just trolling this thread. Why is crying aboot thumbs down votes not outlawed yet; so lame.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

That's rich. The king of downvotes getting upset because of downvotes when he's dissing em's in the em subsection.

#30 6 years ago

I wouldn't say they're bargains, but there seems to be no shortage here!

allentown.craigslist.org link

E

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I haven’t seen ANY projects on cl all year, nothing.

Right around Labor Day I picked up a Spanish Eyes in Oshkosh for $110. It was listed on CL and FB. It might have been listed for sale here too, not sure. They are still out there, but I agree, there have been very few in the last couple of years.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That's rich. The king of downvotes getting upset because of downvotes when he's dissing em's in the em subsection.

i wasn't dissing EMs. learn to read.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Right around Labor Day I picked up a Spanish Eyes in Oshkosh for $110. It was listed on CL and FB. It might have been listed for sale here too, not sure. They are still out there, but I agree, there have been very few in the last couple of years.

Ugh, Figures the one week I’m out of town something pops up in my hometown. If it was Facebook I wouldn’t have seen that as I’m not on there, but cL I would’ve seen.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I separate mine. One side of the game room is a the EM/Bowler nostolgic side, separated by the stairwell. ...the other is the more modern vibe.

Which side do the cool kids hang out in?

#35 6 years ago

I see more EMs than I do SS. And with shows like pawn stars and American pickers the prices are through the roof.

#36 6 years ago

I haven't seen any em priced under $300 in the last couple months project or not . I think pinball prices overall are rising and when a cheap one comes up its gone in 2 hours .

Quoted from FatPanda:seem to be not-so-stellar-condition priced at nice-or-better-conditioned prices...

Same here

#37 6 years ago

The PNW has plenty of games, if a seller is willing to accept negotiations and working the price, and the buyer uses contacts, develops networking, and has a good reputation for swift, non confrontational, fair sales.
"You only can be a tire kicker for so long before people will turn away."
Enthusiasts have to look beyond standard "for sale" locations, and that means doing research, and canvassing.
Games don't come to you, you go to the games.
They do exist, and not rare unless a person lives no where near a populated area (greater than 150-200 miles).
Normally, there has to be some form of explanation that something cannot be worth a bar of gold bullion, if it has to be restored and repaired by someone with expertise, a very key point to most owners.
Many times it is more than a few hours work for restoration, but not certainly insurmountable.
Sometimes I walk away, and let another take the game, knowing the trouble it will result, and I see up for sale again later.
Those that would prefer a $100 game, need to be ready to roll up sleeves (project), but they also exist, but generally closer starting price to $150-200, if intact. Backglasses usually are not that great for $150-200 games, though today.

Another Wizard! being picked up shortly, now working (unrestored) except for a minor reset relay issue that I will finish.
(Backglass was removed for inspection but exceptional condition)
Local less than 15 miles away from my home and shop.
A general "diamond in the rough", if known what to look for overall.
Typical light planking of the wood playfield veneer of this title and age and minor paint loss, but correctable.

1 Left Backbox (resized).jpg1 Left Backbox (resized).jpg
3 Right Backbox (resized).jpg3 Right Backbox (resized).jpg
4 Right Cabinet (resized).jpg4 Right Cabinet (resized).jpg
2 Left Cabinet (resized).jpg2 Left Cabinet (resized).jpg
5 Coin door (resized).jpg5 Coin door (resized).jpg
7 Upper PF (resized).jpg7 Upper PF (resized).jpg
6 Center PF (resized).jpg6 Center PF (resized).jpg

Yet another EM to pick up shortly among several others, a little road trip required, under $300 each.
A duplicate game, Dogies (Bally, 1968) Ted Zale "zipper flipper" game for my game archives.
General overall condition is excellent-superb, especially for 50 years.
French export version with operator "modifications" (see if you can spot them)

The trip will cost equal to the total games.

Dogies2 (resized).jpgDogies2 (resized).jpg
Dogies4 (resized).jpgDogies4 (resized).jpg
Dogies5 (resized).jpgDogies5 (resized).jpg
Dogies3 (resized).jpgDogies3 (resized).jpg
Dogies6 (resized).jpgDogies6 (resized).jpg
Dogies7 (resized).jpgDogies7 (resized).jpg
Dogies9 (resized).jpgDogies9 (resized).jpg
Dogies8 (resized).jpgDogies8 (resized).jpg
Dogies12 (resized).jpgDogies12 (resized).jpg
Dogies13 (resized).jpgDogies13 (resized).jpg
Dogies10 (resized).jpgDogies10 (resized).jpg
Dogies14 (resized).jpgDogies14 (resized).jpg
Dogies15 (resized).jpgDogies15 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

She’s a Beauty bk!

#39 6 years ago

The days of easy pickins' is over. Now you have to work for it!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Took me 6 months of checking CL twice a day to find a game 3 hrs from me on my wish list. Not a bargain, but was really excited to pick it up. Those easy finds are gone for sure.

#41 6 years ago

There's still a lot of games posted on craigslist but they're higher priced games that just sit forever!!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You have to be an opportunistic bargain hunter and react quickly. Good deals are often gone in 10 minutes or less. There's a lot more people looking for games than in the past.

#43 6 years ago

Another Wizard! being picked up shortly, now working (unrestored) except for a minor reset relay issue that I will finish.
(Backglass was removed for inspection but exceptional condition
Excellent cabinet on that Wizard! Hard to find with few scratches and no fading. Nice!

#44 6 years ago

I have the alert set on Craigslist to get an email anytime "pinball" is listed. Have gotten great deals but yes, you have to move fast. I keep cash at home so I can go straight to a game day or night if something comes up.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Yet another EM to pick up shortly among several others, a little road trip required, under $300 each.
A duplicate game, Dogies (Bally, 1968) Ted Zale "zipper flipper" game for my game archives.
General overall condition is excellent-superb, especially for 50 years.
French export version with an operator "modification" (see if you can spot it)

Holy center post mod, Batman. Ugh. This example also sports the added dummy zero score reels to make the scores 5 digits.

#46 6 years ago

And the always stylish wood-grained pop bumper skirt blades. At least they didn't paint the cabinet poop brown.

#47 6 years ago

heres an EM for any west coast guys...says it s been serviced and works great $350 obo...cabinet is rough though...
bakersfield.craigslist.org link

#48 6 years ago

Such a deal!

#49 6 years ago
#50 6 years ago

Of my 6 currently working and restored by me games, none came from Illinois. My games are 3 from Wisconsin, 1 Iowa, 1 Indiana and 1 from Kentucky. Good priced EM's in Chicago are gone in just a few days. I just lost out on a Teachers Pet this past weekend because I was out of the country. Unseen, I offered the owner last Wednesday half down on PayPal and then the other half cash when I could pick up Sunday. He said no go, cash and carry only. Game was gone by Sunday when I got back. Price was a little high, but I did want it.

I have a 4 other project machines that I got for a great price from Illinois, but those came from friends at friend prices.

The great buy project machines I have bought off of CL have been true nightmares. I am at the point that I will pay a little extra to buy from a friend or Pinsider because I trust them and I know the machines have been taken care of, and if not taken care of, they are honest with me and tell me so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-has-dried-up-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.