Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted in the past, but maybe there are new recommendations. Im looking to buy a dolly/hand truck on amazon that would be good for moving a Pin here and there which would include going up and down stairs. Anyone buy anything over the last few years they would recommend? I was looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026WG51S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1 but I didnt know if the lip on the bottom would be enough for a pin. Last thing I want is for the thing to fall off the hand truck and fly down the stairs.

Thanks for any recommendations.

#2 3 years ago

I've used one of these since the early 1980s, with a big wheel attachment. Remove for stairs. Nice to just push while moving on a flact surface.

https://www.yeatsdolly.com/product-page/model-7

Keep an eye on Craigslist. They pop up often for $100 or less.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've used one of these since the early 1980s, with a big wheel attachment. Remove for stairs. Nice to just push while moving on a flact surface.
    https://www.yeatsdolly.com/product-page/model-7
    Keep an eye on Craigslist. They pop up often for $100 or less.

I would echo lloyds recommendation. I work for a plumbing and hvac company and use these for hauling water heaters, furnaces, and boilers in and out of houses. Whenever I bring a pin home I grab one from work to haul down to my basement. Works great both up and down the stairs.

#4 3 years ago

thanks guys, that looks real nice. So the small lip isnt really a problem I guess.

I am trying to use amazon as I just got a bunch of gift cards there! heh

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

I am trying to use amazon as I just got a bunch of gift cards there! heh

The one in your link is steel. It will be heavier than an aluminum one.

#7 3 years ago

That is just like the one I have used many times. Works great with two people.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

That is just like the one I have used many times. Works great with two people.

The one I linked or the one LTG recommended?

#9 3 years ago

I bought that exact appliance dolly a year ago. Love it. It's perfect for moving pins and the short lip is not a problem as you strap the pin into the dolly. I've moved 5 up and down stairs a few times now with it and no issues

#10 3 years ago

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200737755_200737755

I bought that one ~18 months ago and it’s great for $200. The “stair gliders” (rubber over ball bearings) work well, retractable locking straps, and 4 wheels are nice too.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

The one I linked or the one LTG recommended?

Yours. LTG's recommendation looks better. It will be lighter. I used my friends that is steel.

#12 3 years ago

according to the product specs both weigh the same. Amazon 37.7 pounds, yeats 37.5 lbs.

With a pin that .2 pounds is nothing. Have had great luck with the amazon one but I'm sure both are great

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

according to the product specs both weigh the same. Amazon 37.7 pounds, yeats 37.5 lbs.

Worth checking. Thank you for that.

Through the years I've seen some of the steel ones that were a heck of a lot heavier than 37 pounds. That is why I mentioned it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.