Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cumulonimbus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

I feel your pain. There two weeks ago for 3 hours. At that time only TZ and CV were 'dark' but many machines had issues with flippers, etc.

I was excited to see, touch and play many games I had only previously seen on this site and on you-tube. However, was disappointed in how dimly lit the facility was, and how I could not hear the game play/call outs on the games.

I'm sure the games were not fully lit to save on electricity as well as keeping the place cool. However, many tops of playfields were difficult for me to see. Could not hear much because even at noon on a Sunday there were many customers playing games.

In addition, I was surprised at how much abuse some machines were taking as I witnessed one guy kicking the crap out of a Cactus Canyon and swearing (in spanish) at every drain. Depressing.

On the bright side, I don't know where else I would have seen, in person as many games at once. I was overwhelmed from that perspective. Really neat row of all old, wooden games, some with hand written notes about games history.

Free admission, $11.50cent cab ride right from airport. Driver knew right where to go, but I had directions with me just in case. Customers ranged from moms with little kids, couples having a Sunday good time to hung-over, unshaved derelicts. A Las Vegas melting pot!

Eat lunch before you go. Nothing to eat in walking distance. Only candy on site.

#10 11 years ago

Hey Chitown,

Go anyways......just don't expect the Smithsonian of Pinball.

Be sure and visit the P.B.H.O.F website before you go to get history of facility and owner. He is very gracious to offer up all these games to the general public, as all game play is set at the original price. All profits, after overhead, do go to charity too.

I'm sure it was timing but the 2 games that were ALWAYS busy when I visited were Stern Spiderman and, go figure, Bugs Bunny!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cumulonimbus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-was-a-bit-disappointing?tu=cumulonimbus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.