Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

msfinger.jpg
    nelson.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

Hey all. Just bought the "Gottlieb" version of the game for the Wii. It's awesome! It has a picture tour of the old factory and history about each game in it. Has Ace High, Central Park, Big Shot, Genie, Black Hole, El Dorado (city of gold), Victory, Teed Off, and a Strikes and Spares bowling game. It also has an early gambling Playboy machine (flipperless). Kind of gives you an idea of how and why machines got banned as well. Players would win so many free games on the Ace High game from 1957 that they would sell their credits back to the vendor. And apparently the El Dorado machine is the same table as Canada Dry. Black Hole was the first machines to introduce 50 cents per play (what??? I gotta put in another quarter?? that's the machine that made you start saying that!!!!!!) and was a big money maker apparently. Lots more cool facts as well. Its better then the virtual pinball and the future pinball simulators that you can download on the internet. (for REAL machines anyways)

The Williams version has Jive Time, Gorgar, Sorcerer, Black Knight, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Taxi, Whirlwind and Funhouse. Its really good too. You don't just play the tables, you have to get certain 'goals' on each to unlock free plays and other options. There is a tournament selection as well.

You can get them at walmart for like 10 bucks so if you have a Wii, Xbox, or PS3. I would definately recommend them to try out a machine that you haven't played. I have a Williams Taxi machine and I can play the video game version of it with almost as much interest. I have played Funhouse lots before, but with the price of those machines now the video game version is the only one I will be able to play for quite aWHile now!

#2 14 years ago

Yes, I've been trying to talk the wife into buying a Wii just so I can get these games. Glad to hear they are good from real pinballers.

#3 14 years ago

Got the Williams for PS3 with MM, TOTAN and many more......IT F*** ROCK !!!!!

#4 14 years ago

I have the Xbox 360 Williams one and it's really cool in high def on the 65" plasma TV. The vibration feedback in the controller is nice too.

#5 14 years ago

The Xbox360 and PS3 versions have a few more tables then the Wii version but they are all a very good package. Great games!

#6 14 years ago

I have the xbox 360 version and play it often

#7 14 years ago

Great,
    looks like we lost 6 pinballers to the Xbox land of make believe

#8 14 years ago

Autumnfade .. sorry about your childhood trauma with some kind of video game system

#9 14 years ago

Seriously just because we do other things besides pinball doesn't mean we have been lost. I mean what happened did you stub your toe on an atari in your childhood?

#10 14 years ago

A-HA

nelson.jpgnelson.jpg

#11 14 years ago

J/K

msfinger.jpgmsfinger.jpg

#12 14 years ago

I'm just getting interested in pinball after many, many years away because of the Xbox 360 version of Williams Hall of Fame Pinball. The gameplay in that is so cool that it really makes we want to play some of the tables in real life. If nothing else, using the web to explore the current day world of pinball has led me here, and shown me that the next time I'm in Vegas the Pinball Hall of Fame is a must see.

So, for at least a few folks, the video pinball games are leading us back to the real thing.

#13 14 years ago

That really chapped my ass!
    I have the Wii version and no TOTAN, MM, NGG on it. 3 awesome games dammit! Couldn't believe why mine didn't have those.
    I emailed Crave Entertainment and they said they first produced the Wii and PSP versions of the game first in March '08 and the Xbox and PS3 versions came out in Sept '09 AFTER they finally aquired the license for those 3 games from Wayne Dingonuts in Austrailia. ANOTHER reason to dislike that turd!
    Anyone got a ps3 or xbox they wanna sell???

#14 14 years ago

PLay MM all the time on my xbox, luv it. but pinball fx on x box arcade is also really really good, new tables for download every few months. for 10$ cant go wrong.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-video-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.