Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phof.PDF (PDF preview)
    AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg
    3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    SharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    59FCD96A-74FE-425E-8703-D74EADE0DDD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_214405 (resized).jpg
    PHOF_map (resized).jpg
    Tim PBHOF (resized).jpg
    20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    20181012_112345 (resized).jpg
    noone01 (resized).jpg
    651-popeye-pinball-two (resized).jpg
    pinball01 (resized).jpg
    churchs01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbpalisade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

nothing seems to stay open over there.

There is a strip club open on Freemont St that Bugsy Siegel probably opened... ( - :

#208 5 years ago

When I was there last fall 1 week before the LV shooting I left with the impression that:

When I complained that the pin was broken the young girl there to fix it was more determined to show me how good she was at lifting the playfield and freeing the stuck ball than making sure the machine was working correctly. Fair enough, I had service and could move on if I chose to.

The "Chicago Clam Digger" machine that was there sent me back to when I was 8 years old at Elitch Gardens in Denver putting dimes in that machine. It didn't even try to work right, but that experience with it again was PRICELESS.

Just to see this old stuff is good enough for me. To try to play it and relive old memories of times that can never be lived again is worth my support.

1 week later
    #238 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

That seems like a neat way to raise funds and keep the games working and as clean as possible.

Please give more details on how this might work. Machine sponsors would:

Visit LV every ____ days to fix their pet machine

Be given cabinet keys or ?

Have WHAT cash security method involved since they have access to the coin door

You might be on to something

#271 5 years ago

I'll be comparing PHoF to the Museum of Pinball (MoP) in Banning, CA next month.

We know the state of the hardware in PHoF and the attitudes of the help there. I'm betting that MoP has perfectly maintained pinball machines that are rewarding to play, some 550 of them. Probably the same price if you're just dropping coins. Cheaper for sure if you go to an event like "Pinball Madness" where all 1,100 pins & video games are on free play.

For me - giving to charities by playing pinball doesn't justify the bad experience you know you'll have at PHoF. Very good concept that falls short.

And I'll be stopping by the Tropicana place too - mostly to look at things like "Chicago Crane Steam Shovel" which will take your money but just flat don't work, no sign, no refunds.

Chicago Crane Steam Shovel (resized).jpgChicago Crane Steam Shovel (resized).jpg
    #278 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

at least most of it goes to charity though at phof.

Right. To each their own. I give 100% of my donations to charities and 98% of my pinball money to places where I enjoy playing.

The way I think of it - in most museums you just look at things. That's what I'll do mostly at PHoF. Enjoy the views.

#279 5 years ago

I would add that I watched the hour YT video someone posted in this thread featuring Tim. Time very well spent.

I learned a ton about real estate and operating a retail business. You also get great insight into the man. Recommended.

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tim is not a religious guy.

He does state that he is a Christian and believes in Christian giving. He certainly doesn't dwell on it. This is in the same YT video.

2 weeks later
    #327 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I wish they would put a Big Bang Bar in the PHoF, never seen one.

There is one in Banning, CA I'm told. Closer than SS Billiards...

#331 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Original like mine or remake ?
    LTG : )

It is listed as: Big Bang Bar (1996 version)

According to IPDB there were only 14 made

3 months later
    #395 5 years ago

Probably going to CES too. There are 3" of new snow here and still falling though.

Will be hanging out in the Stern (Marco?) booth and at Tim's place. Probably NYNY pin area too.

If you see a strange dude wearing a shark hat why not introduce yourself...

SharkHatBoy (resized).jpgSharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    #397 5 years ago

Anyone know where the Stern/Marco booth is?

Most conventions in LV happen at the convention center (DUH), but this one has 3 different hotel venues

Lots of walking ahead!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbpalisade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close?tu=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.